Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Random Islamic History Po...
by zeca
Today at 06:26 PM

The essence of the facts
by akay
Today at 06:25 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:08 PM

the lost road
Yesterday at 09:25 PM

Paris murder
Yesterday at 02:46 PM

NayaPakistan...New Pakist...
Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
Yesterday at 05:43 AM

Discord Group for Ex-Musl...
November 28, 2020, 10:51 PM

Shit Muslims Say To Ex-Mu...
November 27, 2020, 01:06 PM

Orientalism - Edward Said
by zeca
November 25, 2020, 07:35 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
November 25, 2020, 05:20 PM

مدهش----- لماذا؟؟؟؟
by akay
November 25, 2020, 12:38 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Reading Quran And Inquiring in to Prophet Muhammad's Life from Quran

(Read 66850 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Reading Quran And Inquiring in to Prophet Muhammad's Life from Quran
     Reply #270 - June 17, 2020, 04:01 PM

well the goal of writing this folder and reading Quran every verse of the book is to Inquire Prophet Muhammad's Life   from it and also basic ideology of Quran  and the purpose of its alleged revelation/publication.,  This what our friend Altara names it as Core text of Quran

..................................Syriac Alexander legend can be a later insertion or not. It as no incidence on the core text of the Quran in the 6/7th c. Would it be absent, it'd change what? Nothing.......................

anyways  let me read surah  Luqman again by cutting in to pieces .. the way I often do/did to many chapters of Quran even in this folder .. what I call as Poetic verses or songs/sonnets from Quran..

here we go
    Alif Lam Mim.
    These are verses of the Book of Wisdom
    A guidance and a mercy for the doers of goodness,
    Those who keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and they are certain of the hereafter.
    These are on a guidance from their Lord, and these are they who are successful:
    And of men is he who takes instead frivolous discourse to lead astray from Allah's path without knowledge,
    and to take it for a mockery;
    these shall have an abasing chastisement.

well that is a good poem and it contains 1st 6 verses of surah_Luqman.,  in fact you can add that sonnet to EVERY FAITH BOOK .. it fits perfectly fits well in to any faith/faith book that you have on this earth.. So I will make all those 34 verses in to some sort of sonnets in this post

Verses-7-11

And when Our communications are recited to him, he turns back proudly, as if he had not heard them, as though in his ears were a heaviness, therefore announce to him a painful chastisement.

those who believe and do good, they shall surely have gardens of bliss,

Abiding in them; the promise of Allah;  true, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

He created the heavens without pillars as you see them, and put mountains upon the earth lest it might convulse with you, and He spread in it animals of every kind; and We sent down water from the cloud, then caused to grow there in  of every noble kind.

This is Allah's creation, but show Me what those besides Him have created. Nay, the unjust are in manifest error

well we could make fairly good sonnet out of those 7-11 verses., but not sure WHO THAT "HE"   in that verse 7.. Heeee.. The BIG HE...  in the verse 10     created this .. created that.. created everything is  irrelevant .......anyway good poem..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #271 - July 18, 2020, 01:49 PM

So   surah_57.. or Surah-31 of the book and that is Surah_" Luqman"    we are reading..
    well it just as 34 verses.. sounds like nice sonnet .. but let me read it carefully

So we are dealing with Surah_" Luqman"  .....

and  that is what I said about that Surah_57/surah_31/ Surah_" Luqman"  on june17 2020.,   indeed Reading that surah again and again tells me that it is one of best surahs of Quran ..

what does it tell us?? .. first 12 verses in the above post i made nice sonnets ...  and rest of the surah ., that is verses  12 to 34 deals with  story of  Luqman and his son., it tells nothing about Prophet of Islam Muhammad...  so let us read those verses again from 12-34 ..  all 22  verses  deals with the story and  and  also  let us get the story of Luqman from other Abrahamic faith books  to figure out what new revelation is added in Quran through allegd Prophet of  Islam .. Muhammad..  well the least if I can not find anything new  .. I can make some songs and sonnets out of it

12.   And certainly We gave wisdom to Luqman, saying: Be grateful to Allah. And whoever is grateful, he is only grateful for his own soul; and whoever is ungrateful, then surely Allah is  Self-sufficient, Praised.

And when Luqman said to his son while he admonished him: O my son! do not associate aught with Allah; most surely polytheism is a grievous iniquity--

And We have enjoined man in respect of his parents-- his mother bears him with faintings upon faintings and his weaning takes two years--  saying: Be grateful to Me and to both your parents; to Me is the eventual coming.

And if they contend with you that you should associate with Me what you have no knowledge of, do not obey them, and keep company with them in this world kindly, and follow the way of him who turns to Me, then to Me is your return, then will I inform you of what you did--

O my son! surely if it is the very weight of the grain of a mustard-seed, even though it is in (the heart of) rock, or (high above) in the heaven or (deep down) in the earth, Allah will bring it (to light); surely Allah is Knower of subtleties, Aware;

O my son! keep up prayer and enjoin the good and forbid the evil, and bear patiently that which befalls you; surely these acts require courage;

And do not turn your face away from people in contempt, nor go about in the land exulting overmuch; surely Allah does not love any self-conceited boaster;

And pursue the right course in your going about and lower your voice; surely the most hateful of voices is braying of the asses.

Do you not see that Allah has made what is in the heavens and what is in the earth subservient to you, and made complete to you His favors outwardly and inwardly? And among men is he who disputes in respect of Allah though having no knowledge nor guidance, nor a book giving light.

21.   And when it is said to them: Follow what Allah has revealed, they say: Nay, we follow that on which we found our fathers. What! though the Shaitan calls them to the chastisement of the burning fire!

And whoever submits himself wholly to Allah and he is the doer of good (to others), he indeed has taken hold of the firmest thing upon which one can lay hold; and Allah's is the end of affairs.

And whoever disbelieves, let not his disbelief grieve you; to Us is their return, then will We inform them of what they did surely Allah is the Knower of what is in the breasts.

We give them to enjoy a little, then will We drive them to a severe chastisement.

25.   And if you ask them who created the heavens and the earth, they will certainly say: Allah. Say: (All) praise is due to Allah; nay! most of them do not know.

26.   What is in the heavens and the earth is Allah's; surely Allah is the Self-sufficient, the Praised.

And were every tree that is in the earth (made into) pens and the sea (to supply it with ink), with seven more seas to increase it, the words of Allah would not come to an end; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Neither your creation nor your raising is anything but as a single soul; surely Allah is Hearing, Seeing.

Do you not see that Allah makes the night to enter into the day, and He makes the day to enter into the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient (to you); each pursues its course till an appointed time; and that Allah is Aware of what you do?

This is because Allah is the Truth, and that which they call upon besides Him is the falsehood, and that Allah is the High, the Great.

Do you not see that the ships run on in the sea by Allah's favor that He may show you of His signs? Most surely there are signs in this for every patient endurer, grateful one.

And when a wave like mountains covers them they call upon Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience, but when He brings them safe to the land, some of them follow the middle course; and none denies Our signs but every perfidious, ungrateful one.

O people! guard against (the punishment of)  your Lord and dread the day when a father shall not make any satisfaction for his son, nor shall the child be the maker of any satisfaction for his father; surely the promise of Allah is true, therefore let not this world's life deceive you, nor let the arch deceiver deceive you in respect of Allah.

34.   Surely Allah is He with Whom is the knowledge of the hour, and He sends down the rain and He knows what is in the wombs; and no one knows what he shall earn on the morrow; and no one knows in what land he shall die; surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.

So out of that Surah-31 we can make some 5 nice  little sonnets/songs/stories .. The theme of the surah is same... as many other surahs of Quran  which are also songs ..sonnets and stories that were around the Arabian desert...

So who is "Luqman" and what is his story?? well for that we need to read other religious books/stories.. Quran  talks in riddles/parables .. it does not tell complete story... well let us read that from different book/s  but before that we will read next surah to figure out whether we can see anything on Prophet of Islam Muhammad........ and that is  Surah_58   in revelation order and aka surah_ 34  in bookish order and the name is Surah_ Saba with some  54  verses

Reply #272 - August 01, 2020, 04:33 PM

well Eid is over.. food is still in stomach.. so let me read Quran to digest it., .. in the last post on surah_57.. or Surah-31 of the book and that is Surah_" Luqman" I said 
    So Surah-31  we are dealing with Surah_" Luqman"  .....

..So who is "Luqman" and what is his story?? well for that we need to read other religious books/stories.. Quran  talks in riddles/parables .. it does not tell complete story.................

So who is "Luqman"  Surah-31??

Mohammed Khaku, writes in Morning Call  on The story of Luqman and his advice for fathers ** FAITH & VALUES     

The most interesting chapter in Quran is the story of Luqman. Luqman is great-grandfather of Prophet Abraham, who lived 500 years; he was a carpenter, tailor, shepherd and judge. He was asked by God to choose between prophecy and wisdom, but he chose wisdom.

So  Luqman is great-grandfather of Prophet Abraham, .......................  well  that put me off learning about Laqman better go and read next surah and that is  surah_58 revelation order .. or Surah-34 of the book and that is Surah_"Saba"   ., well there are 54 verses in it.. let me read on the way let me also edit the post..

1.    (All) praise is due to Allah, Whose is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, and to Him is due (all) praise in the hereafter; and He is the Wise, the Aware.

2.    He knows that which goes down into the earth and that which comes out of it, and that which comes down from the heaven and that which goes up to it; and He is the Merciful, the Forgiving.

3.    And those who disbelieve say: The hour shall not come upon us. Say: Yea! by my Lord, the Knower of the unseen, it shall certainly come upon you; not the weight of an atom becomes absent from Him, in the heavens or in the earth, and neither less than that nor greater, but (all) is in a clear book

4.    That He may reward those who believe and do good; these it is for whom is forgiveness and an honorable sustenance.

5.    And (as for) those who strive hard in opposing Our communications, these it is for whom is a painful chastisement of an evil kind.

6.    And those to whom the knowledge has been given see that which has been revealed to you from your Lord, that is the truth, and it guides into the path of the Mighty, the Praised.

7.    And those who disbelieve say: Shall we point out to you a man who informs you that when you are scattered the utmost scattering you shall then be most surely (raised) in (to) a new creation?

8.   He has forged a lie against Allah or there is madness in him. Nay! those who do not believe in the hereafter are in torment and in great error.

9.   Do they not then consider what is before them and what is behind them of the heaven and the earth? If We please We will make them disappear in the land or bring down upon them a portion from the heaven; most surely there is a sign in this for every servant turning (to Allah).

10.   And certainly We gave to Dawood excellence from Us: O mountains! sing praises with him, and the birds; and We made the iron pliant to him,

11.   Saying: Make ample (coats of mail), and assign a time to the making of coats of mail and do good; surely I am Seeing what you do.

12.   And (We made) the wind (subservient) to Sulaiman, which made a month's journey in the morning and a month's journey in the evening, and We made a fountain of molten copper to flow out for him, and of the jinn there were those who worked before him by the command of his Lord; and whoever turned aside from Our command from among them, We made him taste of the punishment of burning.

13.   They made for him what he pleased of fortresses and images, and bowls (large) as watering-troughs and cooking-pots that will not move from their place; give thanks, O family of Dawood! and very few of My servants are grateful.

14.   But when We decreed death for him, naught showed them his death but a creature of the earth that ate away his staff; and when it fell down, the jinn came to know plainly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have tarried in abasing torment.

15.   Certainly there was a sign for Saba in their abode; two gardens on the right and the left; eat of the sustenance of your Lord and give thanks to Him: a good land and a Forgiving Lord!

16.   But they turned aside, so We sent upon them a torrent of which the rush could not be withstood, and in place of their two gardens We gave to them two gardens yielding bitter fruit and (growing) tamarisk and a few lote-trees.

17.   This We requited them with because they disbelieved; and We do not punish any but the ungrateful.

18.   And We made between them and the towns which We had blessed (other) towns to be easily seen, and We apportioned the journey therein: Travel through them nights and days, secure.

19.   And they said: O our Lord! make spaces to be longer between our journeys; and they were unjust to themselves so We made them stories and scattered them with an utter scattering; most surely there are signs in this for every patient, grateful one

20.   And certainly the Shaitan found true his conjecture concerning them, so they follow him, except a party of the believers.

21.   And he has no authority over them, but that We may distinguish him who believes in the hereafter from him who is in doubt concerning it; and your Lord is the Preserver of all things

22.   Say: Call upon those whom you assert besides Allah; they do not control the weight of an atom in the heavens or in the earth nor have they any partnership in either, nor has He among them any one to back (Him) up.

23.   And intercession will not avail aught with Him save of him whom He permits. Until when fear shall be removed from their hearts, They shall say: What is it that your Lord said? They shall say: The truth. And He is the Most High, the Great.

24.   Say: Who gives you the sustenance from the heavens and the earth? Say: Allah. And most surely we or you are on a right way or in manifest error

25.   Say: You will not be questioned as to what we are guilty of, nor shall we be questioned as to what you do.

26.   Say: Our Lord will gather us together, then will He judge between us with the truth; and He is the greatest Judge, the All-knowing.

27.   Say: Show me those whom you have joined with Him as associates; by no means (can you do it). Nay! He is Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.

28.   And We have not sent you but to all the men as a bearer of good news and as a warner, but most men do not know.

29.   And they say: When will this promise be (fulfilled) if you are truthful?

30.   Say: You have the appointment of a day from which you cannot hold back any while, nor can you bring it on.

31.   And those who disbelieve say: By no means will we believe in this Quran, nor in that which is before it; and could you see when the unjust shall be made to stand before their Lord, bandying words one with another! Those who were reckoned weak shall say to those who were proud: Had it not been for you we would certainly have been believers.

32.   Those who were proud shall say to those who were deemed weak: Did we turn you away from the guidance after it had come to you? Nay, you (yourselves) were guilty

33.   And those who were deemed weak shall say to those who were proud. Nay, (it was) planning by night and day when you told us to disbelieve in Allah and to set up likes with Him. And they shall conceal regret when they shall see the punishment; and We will put shackles on the necks of those who disbelieved; they shall not be requited but what they did.

34.   And We never sent a warner to a town but those who led lives in ease in it said: We are surely disbelievers in what you are sent with.

35.   And they say: We have more wealth and children, and we shall not be punished.

36.   Say: Surely my Lord amplifies the means of subsistence for whom He pleases and straitens (for whom He pleases), but most men do not know.

37.   And not your wealth nor your children, are the things which bring you near Us in station, but whoever believes and does good, these it is for whom is a double reward for what they do, and they shall be secure in the highest places.

38.   And (as for) those who strive in opposing Our communications, they shall be caused to be brought to the chastisement.

39.   Say: Surely my Lord amplifies the means of subsistence for whom He pleases of His servants and straitens (them) for whom (He pleases), and whatever thing you spend, He exceeds it in reward, and He is the best of Sustainers.

40.   And on the day when He will gather them all together, then will He say to the angels: Did these worship you?

41.   They shall say: Glory be to Thee! Thou art our Guardian, not they; nay! they worshipped the jinn; most of them were believers in them.

42.   So on that day one of you shall not control profit or harm for another, and We will say to those who were unjust: Taste the chastisement of the fire which you called a lie.

43.   And when Our clear communications are recited to them, they say: This is naught but a man who desires to turn you away from that which your fathers worshipped. And they say: This is naught but a lie that is forged. And those who disbelieve say of the truth when it comes to them: This is only clear enchantment.

44.   And We have not given them any books which they read, nor did We send to them before you a warner.

45.   And those before them rejected (the truth), and these have not yet attained a tenth of what We gave them, but they gave the lie to My apostles, then how was the manifestation of My disapproval?

46.   Say: I exhort you only to one thing, that rise up for Allah's sake in twos and singly, then ponder: there is no madness in your fellow-citizen; he is only a warner to you before a severe chastisement.

47.   Say: Whatever reward I have asked of you, that is only for yourselves; my reward is only with Allah, and He is a witness of all things.

48.   Say: Surely my Lord utters the truth, the great Knower of the unseen.

49.   Say: The truth has come, and the falsehood shall vanish and shall not come back.

50.   Say: If I err, I err only against my own soul, and if I follow a right direction, it is because of what my Lord reveals to me; surely He is Hearing, Nigh.

51.   And could you see when they shall become terrified, but (then) there shall be no escape and they shall be seized upon from a near place

52.   And they shall say: We believe in it. And how shall the attaining (of faith) be possible to them from a distant place?

53.   And they disbelieved in it before, and they utter conjectures with regard to the unseen from a distant place.

54.   And a barrier shall be placed between them and that which they desire, as was done with the likes of them before: surely they are in a disquieting doubt.

well I edited the post .. and now we will read all 54 verses of that chapter to figure out whether it is  also similar to that story of "Laqman"..... The FATHER OF ABRAHAM..... imbecile stories of Islam...

but you know we can always  write  wonderful  songs... sonnets and tell stories to children... out of Quran verses., well it appears that there is   NOTHING ABOUT LOST  PROPHET OF ISLAM .. "Muhammad" in those 54 verses of that Surah "Saba"., bet let read it again and may be make some sonnets out of it..

Reply #273 - August 02, 2020, 12:07 PM

well So we are in Surah Saba.... our good friend  born in Central India.. died in AMRIKA writes on that surah Saba

Name

The Surah takes its name from verse 15 in which the word Saba has occurred, which implies that it is the Surah in which mention has been made of Saba (i. e. the Sabaeans).

Period of Revelation

The exact period of its revelation is not known from any reliable tradition. However, the style shows that it is either the middle or the early Makkan period. If it is the middle period, it was probably its initial stage when the persecution had not yet become tyrannical and the Islamic movement was being suppressed only by resort to derision and ridicule, rumor mongering, false allegations and casting of evil suggestions in the people's minds.

Theme and Subject Matter

The Surah deals with those objections of the disbelievers, which they were raising against the Holy Prophet's message of Tauhid and the Hereafter, and about his Prophethood itself, mostly in the form of absurd allegations and taunts and mockery. These objections have been answered, sometimes by citing them and sometimes without citing them, and the discourse itself shows which objection is being answered at a particular place. The answers mostly take the form of instruction and admonition and argument, but at some places the disbelievers have been warned also of the evil consequences, of their stubbornness.

In this connection, the stories of the Sabaeans and the Prophets David and Solomon have been related to impress this lesson: "You have both these historical precedents before you. On the one hand, there were the Prophets David and Solomon, who had been blessed by Allah with great powers and such grandeur and glory as had been granted to hardly any people before them. In spite of this, they were not proud and arrogant, but remained grateful servants of their Lord. They were never rebellious. On the other hand, there were the people of Saba, who, when blessed by Allah, became proud, and were consequently so thoroughly destroyed and dispersed as to be remembered only in myths and legends. With these precedents in view, you may see and judge for yourselves as to which bind of the life is better: that which is built on belief in Tauhid and the Hereafter and the attitude of gratefulness to Allah, or that which is based on disbelief and shirk and denial of the Hereafter and the worship of the world."

well that is what he says.. So in conclusion Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi  says  "there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT OUT LOST PROPHET Muhammad(PBUH)"

but let me cut that surah saba at different places to make it as songs/sonnets..

(All) praise is due to Allah, Whose is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, and to Him is due (all) praise in the hereafter; and He is the Wise, the Aware.

He knows that which goes down into the earth and that which comes out of it, and that which comes down from the heaven and that which goes up to it; and He is the Merciful, the Forgiving.

And those who disbelieve say: The hour shall not come upon us. Say: Yea! by my Lord, the Knower of the unseen, it shall certainly come upon you; not the weight of an atom becomes absent from Him, in the heavens or in the earth, and neither less than that nor greater, but (all) is in a clear book

That He may reward those who believe and do good; these it is for whom is forgiveness and an honorable sustenance.

And (as for) those who strive hard in opposing Our communications, these it is for whom is a painful chastisement of an evil kind.

And those to whom the knowledge has been given see that which has been revealed to you from your Lord, that is the truth, and it guides into the path of the Mighty, the Praised.

And those who disbelieve say: Shall we point out to you a man who informs you that when you are scattered the utmost scattering you shall then be most surely (raised) in (to) a new creation?

He has forged a lie against Allah or there is madness in him. Nay! those who do not believe in the hereafter are in torment and in great error.

Do they not then consider what is before them and what is behind them of the heaven and the earth? If We please We will make them disappear in the land or bring down upon them a portion from the heaven; most surely there is a sign in this for every servant turning (to Allah).

Those 1st 9 verses of surah Saba...., 

and here  Maryam Masud is reciting Surah Saba at Jamaica Masjid, New York

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZX0k9QKQ7I

Hmm This guy is also pretty good singer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfiQwfIPkic

but let us also sing it in English to figure out its in depth meaning..

Reply #274 - August 21, 2020, 02:01 PM

so after reading that imbecile story of Surah "Luqman., .. we read another story Surah_"Saba" 
    ..................................So  Luqman is great-grandfather of Prophet Abraham, .......................  well  that put me off learning about Laqman better go and read next surah and that is  surah_58 revelation order .. or Surah-34 of the book and that is Surah_"Saba"   ., well there are 54 verses in it.. let me read on the way let me also edit the post..............

well that is  "Laqman"..... The FATHER OF ABRAHAM..... imbecile stories of Islam...

but you know we can always  write  wonderful  songs... sonnets and tell stories to children... out of Quran verses., well it appears that there is   NOTHING ABOUT LOST  PROPHET OF ISLAM .. "Muhammad" in those 54 verses of that Surah "Saba"., bet let read it again and may be make some sonnets out of it..

and that is what I said about surah "Saba"., again as usual there is NOTHING about Prophet of Islam...  Muhammad.. in it we read 58 surahs in the revelation order ..

Now let me read surah-59.,   and Surah_59 in revelation order  means surah_ 39  in bookish order and that is Surah_ Az-Zumar with some 75 verses in it   and was allegedly revealed in Mecca

well let me read it..

1.   The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.

2.    Surely We have revealed to you the Book with the truth, therefore serve Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience.

3.   Now, surely, sincere obedience is due to Allah (alone) and (as for) those who take guardians besides Him, (saying), We do not serve them save that they may make us nearer to Allah, surely Allah will judge between them in that in which they differ; surely Allah does not guide him aright who is a liar, ungrateful.

4.   If Allah desire to take a son to Himself, He will surely choose those He pleases from what He has created. Glory be to Him: He is Allah, the One, the Subduer (of all).

5.   He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth; He makes the night cover the day and makes the day overtake the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term; now surely He is the Mighty, the great Forgiver.

6.   He has created you from a single being, then made its mate of the same (kind), and He has made for you eight of the cattle in pairs. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers-- a creation after a creation-- in triple darkness; that is Allah your Lord, His is the kingdom; there is no god but He; whence are you then turned away?

7.   If you are ungrateful, then surely Allah is Self-sufficient above all need of you; and He does not like ungratefulness in His servants; and if you are grateful, He likes it in you; and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another; then to your Lord is your return, then will He inform you of what you did; surely He is Cognizant of what is in the breasts.

8.   And when distress afflicts a man he calls upon his Lord turning to Him frequently; then when He makes him possess a favor from Him, he forgets that for which he called upon Him before, and sets up rivals to Allah that he may cause (men) to stray off from His path. Say: Enjoy yourself in your ungratefulness a little, surely you are of the inmates of the fire.

9.   What! he who is obedient during hours of the night, prostrating himself and standing, takes care of the hereafter and hopes for the mercy of his Lord! Say: Are those who know and those who do not know alike? Only the men of understanding are mindful.

10.   Say: O my servants who believe! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord; for those who do good in this world is good, and Allah's earth is spacious; only the patient will be paid back their reward in full without measure.

11.   Say: I am commanded that I should serve Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience.

12.   And I am commanded that I shall be the first of those who submit.

13.   Say: I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the chastisement of a grievous day.

14.   Say: Allah (it is Whom) I serve, being sincere to Him in my obedience:

15.   Serve then what you like besides Him. Say: The losers surely are those who shall have lost themselves and their families on the day of resurrection; now surely that is the clear loss.

16.   They shall have coverings of fire above them and coverings beneath them; with that Allah makes His servants to fear, so be careful of (your duty to) Me, O My servants!

17.   And (as for) those who keep off from the worship of the idols and turn to Allah, they shall have good news, therefore give good news to My servants,

18.   Those who listen to the word, then follow the best of it; those are they whom Allah has guided, and those it is who are the men of understanding.

19.   What! as for him then against whom the sentence of chastisement is due: What! can you save him who is in the fire?

20.   But (as for) those who are careful of (their duty to) their Lord, they shall have high places, above them higher places, built (for them), beneath which flow rivers; (this is) the promise of Allah: Allah will not fail in (His) promise.

21.   Do you not see that Allah sends down water from the cloud, then makes it go along in the earth in springs, then brings forth therewith herbage of various colors, then it withers so that you see it becoming yellow, then He makes it a thing crushed and broken into pieces? Most surely there is a reminder in this for the men of understanding.

22.   What! is he whose heart Allah has opened for Islam so that he is in a light from his Lord (like the hard-hearted)? Nay, woe to those whose hearts are hard against the remembrance of Allah; those are in clear error.

23.   Allah has revealed the best announcement, a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's guidance, He guides with it whom He pleases; and (as for) him whom Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.

24.   Is he then who has to guard himself with his own person against the evil chastisement on the resurrection day? And it will be said to the unjust: Taste what you earned.

25.   Those before them rejected (prophets), therefore there came to them the chastisement from whence they perceived not.

26.   So Allah made them taste the disgrace in this world's life, and certainly the punishment of the hereafter is greater; did they but know!

27.   And certainly We have set forth to men in this Quran similitudes of every sort that they may mind.

28.   An Arabic Quran without any crookedness, that they may guard (against evil).

29.   Allah sets forth an example: There is a slave in whom are (several) partners differing with one another, and there is another slave wholly owned by one man. Are the two alike in condition? (All) praise is due to Allah. Nay! most of them do not know.

30.   Surely you shall die and they (too) shall surely die.

31.   Then surely on the day of resurrection you will contend one with another before. your Lord.

32.   Who is then more unjust than he who utters a lie against Allah and (he who) gives the lie to the truth when it comes to him; is there not in hell an abode for the unbelievers?

33.   And he who brings the truth and (he who) accepts it as the truth-- these are they that guard (against evil).

34.   They shall have with their Lord what they please; that is the reward of the doers of good;

35.   So that Allah will do away with the worst of what they did and give them their reward for the best of what they do.

36.   Is not Allah sufficient for His servant? And they seek to frighten you with those besides Him; and whomsoever Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.

37.    And whom Allah guides, there is none that can lead him astray; is not Allah Mighty, the Lord of retribution?

38.   And should you ask them, Who created the heavens and the earth? They would most certainly say: Allah. Say: Have you then considered that what you call upon besides Allah, would they, if Allah desire to afflict me with harm, be the removers of His harm, or (would they), if Allah desire to show me mercy, be the withholders of His mercy? Say: Allah is sufficient for me; on Him do the reliant rely.

39.   Say: O my people! work in your place, surely I am a worker, so you will come to know.

40.   Who it is to whom there shall come a punishment which will disgrace him and to whom will be due a lasting punishment.

41.   Surely We have revealed to you the Book with the truth for the sake of men; so whoever follows the right way, it is for his own soul and whoever errs, he errs only to its detriment; and you are not a custodian over them.

42.   Allah takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

43.   Or have they taken intercessors besides Allah? Say: what! even though they did not ever have control over anything, nor do they understand.

44.   Say: Allah's is the intercession altogether; His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, then to Him you shall be brought back.

45.   And when Allah alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the hereafter shrink, and when those besides Him are mentioned, lo! they are joyful.

46.   Say: O Allah! Originator of the heavens and the earth, Knower of the unseen and the seen! Thou (only) judgest between Thy servants as to that wherein they differ.

47.   And had those who are unjust all that is in the earth and the like of it with it, they would certainly offer it as ransom (to be saved) from the evil of the punishment on the day of resurrection; and what they never thought of shall become plain to them from Allah.

48.   And the evil (consequences) of what they wrought shall become plain to them, and the very thing they mocked at shall beset them.

49.   So when harm afflicts a man he calls upon Us; then, when We give him a favor from Us, he says: I have been given it only by means of knowledge. Nay, it is a trial, but most of them do not know.

50.   Those before them did say it indeed, but what they earned availed them not.

51.   So there befell them the evil (consequences) of what they earned; and (as for) those who are unjust from among these, there shall befall them the evil (consequences) of what they earn, and they shall not escape.

52.   Do they not know that Allah makes ample the means of subsistence to whom He pleases, and He straitens; most surely there are signs in this for a people who believe.[/i]

53.   Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful.

54.   And return to your Lord time after time and submit to Him before there comes to you the punishment, then you shall not be helped.

55.   And follow the best that has been revealed to you from your Lord before there comes to you the punishment all of a sudden while you do not even perceive;

56.   Lest a soul should say: O woe to me! for what I fell short of my duty to Allah, and most surely I was of those who laughed to scorn;

57.   Or it should say: Had Allah guided me, I would certainly have been of those who guard (against evil);

58.   Or it should say when it sees the punishment: Were there only a returning for me, I should be of the doers of good.

59.   Aye! My communications came to you, but you rejected them, and you were proud and you were one of the unbelievers.

60.   And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud?

61.   And Allah shall deliver those who guard (against evil) with their achievement; evil shall not touch them, nor shall they grieve.

62.   Allah is the Creator of every thing and He has charge over every thing.

63.   His are the treasures of the heavens and the earth; and (as for) those who disbelieve in the communications of Allah, these it is that are the losers.

64.   Say: What! Do you then bid me serve others than Allah, O ignorant men?

65.   And certainly, it has been revealed to you and to those before you: Surely if you associate (with Allah), your work would certainly come to naught and you would certainly be of the losers.

66.   Nay! but serve Allah alone and be of the thankful.

67.   And they have not honored Allah with the honor that is due to Him; and the whole earth shall be in His grip on the day of resurrection and the heavens rolled up in His right hand; glory be to Him, and may He be exalted above what they associate (with Him).

68.   And the trumpet shall be blown, so all those that are in the heavens and all those that are in the earth shall swoon, except such as Allah please; then it shall be blown again, then lo! they shall stand up awaiting.

69.   And the earth shall beam with the light of its Lord, and the Book shall be laid down, and the prophets and the witnesses shall be brought up, and judgment shall be given between them with justice, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.

70.   And every soul shall be paid back fully what it has done, and He knows best what they do.

71.   And those who disbelieve shall be driven to hell in companies; until, when they come to it, its doors shall be opened, and the keepers of it shall say to them: Did not there come to you apostles from among you reciting to you the communications of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this day of yours? They shall say: Yea! But the sentence of punishment was due against the unbelievers.

72.   It shall be said: Enter the gates of hell to abide therein; so evil is the abode of the proud.

73.   And those who are careful of (their duty to) their Lord shall be conveyed to the garden in companies; until when they come to it, and its doors shall be opened, and the keepers of it shall say to them: Peace be on you, you shall be happy; therefore enter it to abide.

74.   And they shall say: (All) praise is due to Allah, Who has made good to us His promise, and He has made us inherit the land; we may abide in the garden where we please; so goodly is the reward of the workers.

75.   And you shall see the angels going round about the throne glorifying the praise of their Lord; and judgment shall be given between them with justice, and it shall be said: All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

damn  .. no time to read and no time to edit it.. we will do it shortly .. well editing 75 verses of that chapter  Surah Az Zumar (The Troops)  is done ., ...    and let me read 2/3 times .. and let me read some tafsir on it....and ....and make it in to pieces by cutting it right places  to make some sort of story/sonnet /or song....

Reply #275 - August 22, 2020, 06:45 AM

So   .. we are reading The Surah Az-zumar.,   and let me add  bit of tafsir  from what my good  from central India .. the Islamic scholar Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi   wrote in his book  Tafhim al-Qur'an - The Meaning of the Qur'an

The Surah derives its name from verse 71 and 73 in which the word zumar has occurred.

Period of Revelation

In verse 10 (wa ardullah-i-wasi atun: and Allah's earth is vast) there is abundant evidence that this Surah was sent down before the migration to Habash. Some traditions provide the explanation that this verse was sent down in respect of Hadrat Ja'far bin Abi Talib and his companions when they made up their mind to emigrate to Habash.(Ruh al-Maani, vol. XXII, p. 226).

Theme and Subject matter

The entire Surah is a most eloquent and effective address which was given some time before the emigration to Habash, in an environment filled with tyranny and persecution, ill-will and antagonism, at Makkah. It is a sermon whose addressees mainly are the unbelieving Quraish, although here and there the believers also have been addressed. In it the real aim of the invitation of Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace and blessings) had been enunciated, which is this:Man should adopt Allah's servitude sincerely, and should not pollute his God worship with the service of any other. Presenting this cardinal principle in different ways over and over again, the truth of Tauhid and the excellent results of accepting it, and the falsehood of shirk and the evil consequences of following it, have been explained in a most forceful way, and the people exhorted to give up their wrong way of life and return to the mercy of their Lord. In this very connection, the believers have been instructed, as if to say:"If a place has become narrow for the worship and service of Allah, His earth is vast: you may emigrate to some other place in order to save your faith: Allah will reward you for your patience."On the other hand, the Holy Prophet has been encouraged, so as to say:"Tell the disbelievers plainly that they may do whatever they like, but their persecutions and tyrannies will never deter you from the way of Islam; that they may go on doing their worst to obstruct your way, but you will continue to perform your mission in spite of the adverse conditions and circumstances."

well that is what he says ... whatever  that is NOT my problem .. well I often wrote my problem is  reading Quran thoroughly multiple times   and make it  smaller  songs  sonnets and stories  and and trying to see whether we can get anything on Prophet of Islam from Quran..   .. so let me cut it at right places...

1.   The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.

2.    Surely We have revealed to you the Book with the truth, therefore serve Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience.

3.   Now, surely, sincere obedience is due to Allah (alone) and (as for) those who take guardians besides Him, (saying), We do not serve them save that they may make us nearer to Allah, surely Allah will judge between them in that in which they differ; surely Allah does not guide him aright who is a liar, ungrateful.

4.   If Allah desire to take a son to Himself, He will surely choose those He pleases from what He has created. Glory be to Him: He is Allah, the One, the Subduer (of all).

5.   He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth; He makes the night cover the day and makes the day overtake the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term; now surely He is the Mighty, the great Forgiver.

6.   He has created you from a single being, then made its mate of the same (kind), and He has made for you eight of the cattle in pairs. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers-- a creation after a creation-- in triple darkness; that is Allah your Lord, His is the kingdom; there is no god but He; whence are you then turned away?

7.   If you are ungrateful, then surely Allah is Self-sufficient above all need of you; and He does not like ungratefulness in His servants; and if you are grateful, He likes it in you; and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another; then to your Lord is your return, then will He inform you of what you did; surely He is Cognizant of what is in the breasts.

8.   And when distress afflicts a man he calls upon his Lord turning to Him frequently; then when He makes him possess a favor from Him, he forgets that for which he called upon Him before, and sets up rivals to Allah that he may cause (men) to stray off from His path. Say: Enjoy yourself in your ungratefulness a little, surely you are of the inmates of the fire.

9.   What! he who is obedient during hours of the night, prostrating himself and standing, takes care of the hereafter and hopes for the mercy of his Lord! Say: Are those who know and those who do not know alike? Only the men of understanding are mindful.

10.   Say: O my servants who believe! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord; for those who do good in this world is good, and Allah's earth is spacious; only the patient will be paid back their reward in full without measure.

11.   Say: I am commanded that I should serve Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience.

12.   And I am commanded that I shall be the first of those who submit.

13.   Say: I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the chastisement of a grievous day.

14.   Say: Allah (it is Whom) I serve, being sincere to Him in my obedience:

15.   Serve then what you like besides Him. Say: The losers surely are those who shall have lost themselves and their families on the day of resurrection; now surely that is the clear loss.

16.   They shall have coverings of fire above them and coverings beneath them; with that Allah makes His servants to fear, so be careful of (your duty to) Me, O My servants!

17.   And (as for) those who keep off from the worship of the idols and turn to Allah, they shall have good news, therefore give good news to My servants,

18.   Those who listen to the word, then follow the best of it; those are they whom Allah has guided, and those it is who are the men of understanding.

19.   What! as for him then against whom the sentence of chastisement is due: What! can you save him who is in the fire?

20.   But (as for) those who are careful of (their duty to) their Lord, they shall have high places, above them higher places, built (for them), beneath which flow rivers; (this is) the promise of Allah: Allah will not fail in (His) promise.

well those 1st 20 verses could be put in to any faith book  with very little change  .. I am sure they fill fit in to every faith that is there on earth..   that highlighted verse-4 .. The Christ   Son of God becomes  a base for those 20  verses  and the authors chide/rain insults /fight .. whatever on those who may have believed / are written a statement in that new Testament ..Christ .. Son of God itself is a parable in NT books ., and  on that our Quran writers expand  it to write  songs./sonnets /tell some story/ throw some insults to oppose that concept..  nothing more and nothing less.,

Reply #276 - August 22, 2020, 07:13 AM

well let me continue cutting the surah at right places...
    21.   Do you not see that Allah sends down water from the cloud, then makes it go along in the earth in springs, then brings forth therewith herbage of various colors, then it withers so that you see it becoming yellow, then He makes it a thing crushed and broken into pieces? Most surely there is a reminder in this for the men of understanding.

22.   What! is he whose heart Allah has opened for Islam so that he is in a light from his Lord (like the hard-hearted)? Nay, woe to those whose hearts are hard against the remembrance of Allah; those are in clear error.

23.   Allah has revealed the best announcement, a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's guidance, He guides with it whom He pleases; and (as for) him whom Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.

24.   Is he then who has to guard himself with his own person against the evil chastisement on the resurrection day? And it will be said to the unjust: Taste what you earned.

25.   Those before them rejected (prophets), therefore there came to them the chastisement from whence they perceived not.

26.   So Allah made them taste the disgrace in this world's life, and certainly the punishment of the hereafter is greater; did they but know!

27.   And certainly We have set forth to men in this Quran similitudes of every sort that they may mind.

28.   An Arabic Quran without any crookedness, that they may guard (against evil).

29.   Allah sets forth an example: There is a slave in whom are (several) partners differing with one another, and there is another slave wholly owned by one man. Are the two alike in condition? (All) praise is due to Allah. Nay! most of them do not know.

30.   Surely you shall die and they (too) shall surely die.

31.   Then surely on the day of resurrection you will contend one with another before. your Lord.

32.   Who is then more unjust than he who utters a lie against Allah and (he who) gives the lie to the truth when it comes to him; is there not in hell an abode for the unbelievers?

33.   And he who brings the truth and (he who) accepts it as the truth-- these are they that guard (against evil).

34.   They shall have with their Lord what they please; that is the reward of the doers of good;

35.   So that Allah will do away with the worst of what they did and give them their reward for the best of what they do.

36.   Is not Allah sufficient for His servant? And they seek to frighten you with those besides Him; and whomsoever Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.

37.    And whom Allah guides, there is none that can lead him astray; is not Allah Mighty, the Lord of retribution?
    [/i]

so all those 16 verse from verse 21 to 37 are nothing but song or sonnet about Allah and its power. If we replace the word "Allah" with "God" or any other word of any language/culture that describes power of god .. All those verse can be put in to any faith any religion and make song in any language  .. and and sing songs praising god..

that is all we have .. now in this verse 28.. it says   

meaning of the word "Quran" means recitation., So it is only telling Arab speaking folks of that time.. you can sing song on god /power god/allah whatever in your own language .. which happened to be Arabic  .. that is all what it is saying .. So .. just to  remind readers  this Allah /god song of these verses is not Arab specific and this singing song in the name of Allah is  NOT MUSLIM SPECIFIC NEITHER ARABIC SPECIFIC...  any believer of any faith could use those verses

some 7 years ago new flashed in BBC   https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-24516181#:~:text=A%20Malaysian%20court%20has%20ruled,it%20could%20cause%20public%20disorder. which says SOME IDIOTS IN A MALAYSIA COURT ruled   "Malaysia court rules non-Muslims cannot use 'Allah'"

Those brainless idiots never read Quran., if they read it .. they do not understand a shit about it..

Reply #277 - August 22, 2020, 07:15 AM

38.   And should you ask them, Who created the heavens and the earth? They would most certainly say: Allah. Say: Have you then considered that what you call upon besides Allah, would they, if Allah desire to afflict me with harm, be the removers of His harm, or (would they), if Allah desire to show me mercy, be the withholders of His mercy? Say: Allah is sufficient for me; on Him do the reliant rely.

39.   Say: O my people! work in your place, surely I am a worker, so you will come to know.

40.   Who it is to whom there shall come a punishment which will disgrace him and to whom will be due a lasting punishment.

41.   Surely We have revealed to you the Book with the truth for the sake of men; so whoever follows the right way, it is for his own soul and whoever errs, he errs only to its detriment; and you are not a custodian over them.

42.   Allah takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

43.   Or have they taken intercessors besides Allah? Say: what! even though they did not ever have control over anything, nor do they understand.

44.   Say: Allah's is the intercession altogether; His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, then to Him you shall be brought back.

45.   And when Allah alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the hereafter shrink, and when those besides Him are mentioned, lo! they are joyful.

46.   Say: O Allah! Originator of the heavens and the earth, Knower of the unseen and the seen! Thou (only) judgest between Thy servants as to that wherein they differ.

47.   And had those who are unjust all that is in the earth and the like of it with it, they would certainly offer it as ransom (to be saved) from the evil of the punishment on the day of resurrection; and what they never thought of shall become plain to them from Allah.

48.   And the evil (consequences) of what they wrought shall become plain to them, and the very thing they mocked at shall beset them.

49.   So when harm afflicts a man he calls upon Us; then, when We give him a favor from Us, he says: I have been given it only by means of knowledge. Nay, it is a trial, but most of them do not know.

50.   Those before them did say it indeed, but what they earned availed them not.

51.   So there befell them the evil (consequences) of what they earned; and (as for) those who are unjust from among these, there shall befall them the evil (consequences) of what they earn, and they shall not escape.

52.   Do they not know that Allah makes ample the means of subsistence to whom He pleases, and He straitens; most surely there are signs in this for a people who believe.[/i]

53.   Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful.

54.   And return to your Lord time after time and submit to Him before there comes to you the punishment, then you shall not be helped.

55.   And follow the best that has been revealed to you from your Lord before there comes to you the punishment all of a sudden while you do not even perceive;

56.   Lest a soul should say: O woe to me! for what I fell short of my duty to Allah, and most surely I was of those who laughed to scorn;

57.   Or it should say: Had Allah guided me, I would certainly have been of those who guard (against evil);

58.   Or it should say when it sees the punishment: Were there only a returning for me, I should be of the doers of good.

59.   Aye! My communications came to you, but you rejected them, and you were proud and you were one of the unbelievers.

60.   And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud?

61.   And Allah shall deliver those who guard (against evil) with their achievement; evil shall not touch them, nor shall they grieve.

Reply #278 - August 22, 2020, 07:16 AM

62.   Allah is the Creator of every thing and He has charge over every thing.

63.   His are the treasures of the heavens and the earth; and (as for) those who disbelieve in the communications of Allah, these it is that are the losers.

64.   Say: What! Do you then bid me serve others than Allah, O ignorant men?

65.   And certainly, it has been revealed to you and to those before you: Surely if you associate (with Allah), your work would certainly come to naught and you would certainly be of the losers.

66.   Nay! but serve Allah alone and be of the thankful.

67.   And they have not honored Allah with the honor that is due to Him; and the whole earth shall be in His grip on the day of resurrection and the heavens rolled up in His right hand; glory be to Him, and may He be exalted above what they associate (with Him).

68.   And the trumpet shall be blown, so all those that are in the heavens and all those that are in the earth shall swoon, except such as Allah please; then it shall be blown again, then lo! they shall stand up awaiting.

69.   And the earth shall beam with the light of its Lord, and the Book shall be laid down, and the prophets and the witnesses shall be brought up, and judgment shall be given between them with justice, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.

70.   And every soul shall be paid back fully what it has done, and He knows best what they do.

71.   And those who disbelieve shall be driven to hell in companies; until, when they come to it, its doors shall be opened, and the keepers of it shall say to them: Did not there come to you apostles from among you reciting to you the communications of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this day of yours? They shall say: Yea! But the sentence of punishment was due against the unbelievers.

72.   It shall be said: Enter the gates of hell to abide therein; so evil is the abode of the proud.

73.   And those who are careful of (their duty to) their Lord shall be conveyed to the garden in companies; until when they come to it, and its doors shall be opened, and the keepers of it shall say to them: Peace be on you, you shall be happy; therefore enter it to abide.

74.   And they shall say: (All) praise is due to Allah, Who has made good to us His promise, and He has made us inherit the land; we may abide in the garden where we please; so goodly is the reward of the workers.

75.   And you shall see the angels going round about the throne glorifying the praise of their Lord; and judgment shall be given between them with justice, and it shall be said: All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

well we will read those 4 posts of Surah  Zumar again  write our own stories .. under them

Reply #279 - October 03, 2020, 07:29 PM

well I read Surah Surah_ Az-Zumar  upside inside out all 75 verses  but no help in racking some information on Prophet of Islam from it..., So that was Surah -59 in that so-called revelation order., Now let me go read Surah-60 and that is Sūrat al-Muʼmin and that is numbered as 40th surah in the book with some 85 verses in it..  well let us read casually whole chapter..

1.    Ha Mim.

2.    The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Mighty, the Knowing,

3.     The Forgiver of the faults and the Acceptor of repentance, Severe to punish, Lord of bounty; there is no god but He; to Him is the eventual coming.

4.     None dispute concerning the communications of Allah but those who disbelieve, therefore let not their going to and fro in the cities deceive you.

5.    The people of Nuh and the parties after them rejected (prophets) before them, and every nation purposed against their apostle to destroy him, and they disputed by means of the falsehood that they might thereby render null the truth, therefore I destroyed them; how was then My retribution!

6.    And thus did the word of your Lord prove true against those who disbelieved that they are the inmates of the fire.

7.    Those who bear the power and those around Him celebrate the praise of their Lord and believe in Him and ask protection for those who believe: Our Lord! Thou embracest all things in mercy and knowledge, therefore grant protection to those who turn (to Thee) and follow Thy way, and save them from the punishment of the hell:

8.    Our Lord! and make them enter the gardens of perpetuity which Thou hast promised to them and those who do good of their fathers and their wives and their offspring, surely Thou are the Mighty, the Wise.

9.    And keep them from evil deeds, and whom Thou keepest from evil deeds this day, indeed Thou hast mercy on him, and that is the mighty achievement.

10.    Surely those who disbelieve shall be cried out to: Certainly Allah's hatred (of you) when you were called upon to the faith and you rejected, is much greater than your hatred of yourselves.

11.    They shall say: Our Lord! twice didst Thou make us subject to death, and twice hast Thou given us life, so we do confess our faults; is there then a way to get out?

12.    That is because when Allah alone was called upon, you disbelieved, and when associates were given to Him, you believed; so judgment belongs to Allah, the High, the Great.

13.    He it is Who shows you His signs and sends down for you sustenance from heaven, and none minds but he who turns (to Him) again and again.

14.    Therefore call upon Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience, though the unbelievers are averse:

15.    Possessor of the highest rank, Lord of power: He makes the inspiration to light by His command upon whom He pleases of His servants, that he may warn (men) of the day of meeting.

16.    (Of) the day when they shall come forth, nothing concerning them remains hidden to Allah. To whom belongs the kingdom this day? To Allah, the One, the Subduer (of all).

17.    This day every soul shall be rewarded for what it has earned; no injustice (shall be done) this day; surely Allah is quick in reckoning.

18.    And warn them of the day that draws near, when hearts shall rise up to the throats, grieving inwardly; the unjust shall not have any compassionate friend nor any intercessor who should be obeyed.

19.    He knows the stealthy looks and that which the breasts conceal.

20.    And Allah judges with the truth; and those whom they call upon besides Him cannot judge aught; surely Allah is the Hearing, the Seeing.

21.    Have they not travelled in the earth and seen how was the end of those who were before them? Mightier than these were they in strength-- and in fortifications in the land, but Allah destroyed them for their sins; and there was not for them any defender against Allah.

22.    That was because there came to them their apostles with clear arguments, but they rejected (them), therefore Allah destroyed them; surely He is Strong, Severe in retribution.

23.    And certainly We sent Musa with Our communications and clear authority,

24.    To Firon and Haman and Qaroun, but they said: A lying magician.

25.    So when he brought to them the truth from Us, they said: Slay the sons of those who believe with him and keep their women alive; and the struggle of the unbelievers will only come to a state of perdition.

26.    And Firon said: Let me alone that I may slay Musa and let him call upon his Lord; surely I fear that he will change your religion or that he will make mischief to appear in the land.

27.    And Musa said: Surely I take refuge with my Lord and-- your Lord from every proud one who does not believe in the day of reckoning.

28.    And a believing man of Firon's people who hid his faith said: What! will you slay a man because he says: My Lord is Allah, and indeed he has brought to you clear arguments from your Lord? And if he be a liar, on him will be his lie, and if he be truthful, there will befall you some of that which he threatens you (with); surely Allah does not guide him who is extravagant, a liar:

29.    O my people! yours is the kingdom this day, being masters in the land, but who will help us against the punishment of Allah if it come to us? Firon said: I do not show you aught but that which I see (myself), and I do not make you follow any but the right way.

30.    And he who believed said: O my people! surely I fear for you the like of what befell the parties:

31.    The like of what befell the people of Nuh and Ad and Samood and those after them, and Allah does not desire injustice for (His) servants;

32.    And, O my people! I fear for you the day of calling out,

33.    The day on which you will turn back retreating; there shall be no savior for you from Allah, and whomsoever Allah causes to err, there is no guide for him:

34.    And certainly Yusuf came to you before with clear arguments, but you ever remained in doubt as to what he brought; until when he died, you said: Allah will never raise an apostle after him. Thus does Allah cause him to err who is extravagant, a doubter

35.    Those who dispute concerning the communications of Allah without any authority that He has given them; greatly hated is it by Allah and by-those who believe. Thus does Allah set a seal over the heart of every proud, haughty one.

36.    And Firon said: O Haman! build for me a tower that I may attain the means of access,

37.    The means of access to the heavens, then reach the god of Musa, and I surely think him to be a liar. And thus the evil of his deed was made fairseeming to Firon, and he was turned away from the way; and the struggle of Firon was not (to end) in aught but destruction.

38.    And he who believed said: O my people! follow me, I will guide you to the right course;

39.    O my people! this life of the world is only a (passing) enjoyment, and surely the hereafter is the abode to settle;

40.    Whoever does an evil, he shall not be recompensed (with aught) but the like of it, and whoever does good, whether male or female, and he is a believer, these shall enter the garden, in which they shall be given sustenance without measure.

41.    And, O my people! how is it that I call you to salvation and you call me to the fire?

42.    You call on me that I should disbelieve in Allah and associate with Him that of which I have no knowledge, and I call you to the Mighty, the most Forgiving;

43.    No doubt that what you call me to has no title to be called to in this world, nor in the hereafter, and that our turning back is to Allah, and that the extravagant are the inmates of the fire;

44.    So you shall remember what I say to you, and I entrust my affair to Allah, Surely Allah sees the servants.

45.    So Allah protected him from the evil (consequences) of what they planned, and the most evil punishment overtook Firon's people:

46.    The fire; they shall be brought before it (every) morning and evening and on the day when the hour shall come to pass: Make Firon's people enter the severest chastisement.

47.    And when they shall contend one with another in the fire, then the weak shall say to those who were proud: Surely we were your followers; will you then avert from us a portion of the fire?

48.    Those who were proud shall say: Surely we are all in it: surely Allah has judged between the servants.

49.    And those who are in the fire shall say to the keepers of hell: Call upon your Lord that He may lighten to us one day of the punishment.

50.    They shall say: Did not your apostles come to you with clear arguments? They shall say: Yea. They shall say: Then call. And the call of the unbelievers is only in error.

51.    Most surely We help Our apostles, and those who believe, in this world's life and on the day when the witnesses shall stand

52.    The day on which their excuse shall not benefit the unjust, and for them is curse and for them is the evil abode.

53.    And certainly We gave Musa the guidance, and We made the children of Israel inherit the Book,

54.    A guidance and a reminder to the men of understanding.

55.    Therefore be patient; surely the promise of Allah is true; and ask protection for your fault and sing the praise of your Lord in the evening and the morning.

56.    Surely (as for) those who dispute about the communications of Allah without any authority that has come to them, there is naught in their breasts but (a desire) to become great which they shall never attain to; Therefore seek refuge in Allah, surely He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

57.    Certainly the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of the men, but most people do not know

58.    And the blind and the seeing are not alike, nor those who believe and do good and the evil-doer; little is it that you are mindful.

59.    Most surely the hour is coming, there is no doubt therein, but most people do not believe.

60.    And your Lord says: Call upon Me, I will answer you; surely those who are too proud for My service shall soon enter hell abased.

61.    Allah is He Who made for you the night that you may rest therein and the day to see; most surely Allah is Gracious to men, but most men do not give thanks.

62.    That is Allah, your Lord, the Creator of everything; there is no Allah but He; whence are you then turned away?

63.    Thus were turned away those who denied the communications of Allah.

64.    Allah is He Who made the earth a resting-place for you and the heaven a canopy, and He formed you, then made goodly your forms, and He provided you with goodly things; that is Allah, your Lord; blessed then is Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

65.    He is the Living, there is no god but He, therefore call on Him, being sincere to Him in obedience; (all) praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

66.    Say: I am forbidden to serve those whom you call upon besides Allah when clear arguments have come to me from my Lord, and I am commanded that I should submit to the Lord of the worlds.

67.    He it is Who created you from dust, then from a small lifegerm, then from a clot, then He brings you forth as a child, then that you may attain your maturity, then that you may be old-- and of you there are some who are caused to die before-- and that you may reach an appointed term, and that you may understand.

68.    He it is Who gives life and brings death, so when He decrees an affair, He only says to it: Be, and it is.

69.    Have you not seen those who dispute with respect to the communications of Allah: how are they turned away?

70.    Those who reject the Book and that with which We have sent Our Apostle; but they shall soon come to know,

71.    When the fetters and the chains shall be on their necks; they shall be dragged

72.    Into boiling water, then in the fire shall they be burned;

73.    Then shall it be said to them: Where is that which you used to set up

74.    Besides Allah? They shall say: They are gone away from us, nay, we used not to call upon anything before. Thus does Allah confound the unbelievers.

75.    That is because you exulted in the land unjustly and because you behaved insolently.

76.    Enter the gates of hell to abide therein, evil then is the abode of the proud.

77.    So be patient, surely the promise of Allah is true. So should We make you see part of what We threaten them with, or should We cause you to die, to Us shall they be returned.

78.    And certainly We sent apostles before you: there are some of them that We have mentioned to you and there are others whom We have not mentioned to you, and it was not meet for an apostle that he should bring a sign except with Allah's permission, but when the command of Allah came, judgment was given with truth, and those who treated (it) as a lie were lost.

79.    Allah is He Who made the cattle for you that you may ride on some of them, and some of them you eat.

80.    And there are advantages for you in them, and that you may attain thereon a want which is in your breasts, and upon them and upon the ships you are borne.

81.    And He shows you His signs: which then of Allah's signs will you deny?

82.    Have they not then journeyed in the land and seen how was the end of those before them? They were more (in numbers) than these and greater in strength and in fortifications in the land, but what they earned did not avail them.

83.    Then when their apostles came to them with clear arguments, they exulted in what they had with them of knowledge, and there beset them that which they used to mock.

84.    But when they saw Our punishment, they said: We believe in Allah alone and we deny what we used to associate with Him.

85.    But their belief was not going to profit them when they had seen Our punishment; (this is) Allah's law, which has indeed obtained in the matter of His servants, and there the unbelievers are lost.

well that is surah-60.,   let me read through it again and let me edit to make cut pieces of Surah-60 so it becomes easy to read...

• Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »