Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sisi elected Egypt president by landslide says news

(Read 19076 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sisi elected Egypt president by landslide says news
     Reply #30 - June 21, 2015, 10:16 AM

nbhb  says something the only thing i understand is his grinning  
    And yet you gave me number from the same reference   grin12 . Okay do you have a reference that give other results in parliamentary elections than almost 80 percents for islamists/salafists?

i don't  think you read those folder nbhb.,  again click the link and read posts in that folder  and where did you get that almost almost 80 percent from? It appears you are counting percentile the way AMRIKHANO BUSHES counted the elctions to win over that Al Gore..  please read this again
    One of the problem I see in Egypt is Egyptian elections itself.  I blame people of Egypt who did not participate in elections. In 2012  Egyptian election commission was fairly independent and elections were not rigged but here is the problem..

Total valid votes         25,577,511    96.81%
    Invalid votes        843,252    3.19%
    Turnout        26,420,763    51.85%
    Abstentions      24,538,031    48.15%
    Registered voters    50,958,794    

Almost 50% of people didn't even go for voting..  but I bet many of them participated in the recent strike against Morsi..   that is the first problem with elections.

your  statement of Egyptians voted overwhelmingly (( almost 80 percents for islamists/salafists))  for Islamists is not right..

So go back and read the posts in these folders...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #31 - June 21, 2015, 10:19 AM

................. in any case it could have got even worse than it is now with Islamists in power. Many people genuinely belief this.  

rubbish... for that you need to compare what Morsi did when he was in power and what dick head is doing now.........

Reply #32 - June 21, 2015, 10:50 AM

nhbh

Maybe it could have happened... and maybe army takeover was wrong..., but you have to understand those with my position, that we could have never had free elections again or in any case it could have got even worse than it is now with Islamists in power. Many people genuinely belief this.  

I do understand that there was a risk. Western liberal democracy often came through illiberal democracy, with risks. Thats an argument that has been said about other countries. But if the risk is not taken in Egypt, the alternative at the moment is a military government that promotes Sharia, cracks down on reformers and allows the free propagation of Salafism, with the risk of making the choice even narrower over time.
     Reply #33 - June 21, 2015, 11:33 AM

nhbh

I do understand that there was a risk. Western liberal democracy often came through illiberal democracy, with risks..........

Skywalker uses an interesting word.. So  Skywalker  why not give an examples of a country that is supposed to be beacon of democracy

United States presidential election, 2000

and what happened during those elections
    .........................................Hush......................   Gore..
    Popular vote...........50,456,002...............50,999,897
    Percentage.....................47.9%........................48.4%

So Hush wins with less votes and at the end of Hush government.,  AMRIKA went up in to sky with trillions of dollars of war/corruption and millions of people dead  across the globe..  and the globe is still reeling under Hush policies..

Incidentally nbhb should read these posts I wrote.. because he is not reading the folders
    List of political term limits in different countries

Same as AMRIKA   Two four-year terms, starting from the 2012 presidential election

Although I write against Morsi and His silly Islam but that guy is  million times better than the fellow land of pure elected couple of months back ....TOTAL FRAUD.... foolish people look at that watch.. it costs.. ~ 4 million dollars.. in Pakistan's currency it is .4 BILLION.. fucking shit  ..

So the question is WHAT ARE MORSI's Mistakes??  And who is behind this?

******************************************************************************

Care to elaborate Yeez?

Why would you choose MB over a Saudi backed government in Egypt? Is MB really the lesser of two evils?

I will answer your question if  you answer my question Tonyt  Cheesy

Any ways,  MB that was started by school teacher Hassan al-Banna was actually an Islamic reform movement  that was against Islamic feudal structure  such as Caliphs and was against  British rule in Egypt. So it was not an evil Islamic organization to start with unlike Wahhabism which is total evil in every way.    MB was/is at best played/plays  these Islamic political games  in and around Egypt,  where as Wahhabism controls whole world through its  Oil wealth/potbelly kings  and AMRIKA support.    The land of free along with  land of sand  used Islam to create more problems around the globe Tonyt...

So nbhb   read those two posts and more at those links.  Tonyt  asked an important question there. 

Reply #34 - June 21, 2015, 11:50 AM

ha!

that kid looks like me when I was his age.. . dazed and confused..  In fact by reading some posts in this folder I am dazed,  confused and APPALED  and that pic is  from  www.dawn.com/news

Reply #35 - June 21, 2015, 12:25 PM

Wrong thread, Yeez?

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #36 - June 21, 2015, 12:38 PM

Wrong thread, Yeez?

Cheesy well you are right Naerys .,   but   my responses are also appalling Cheesy   .. that was the reason ..and picture is cute..

Reply #37 - June 21, 2015, 12:46 PM

It is, although my first reaction was "HOLY SHIT ARE THOSE DEAD CHILDREN???"

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #38 - June 21, 2015, 01:38 PM

It is, although my first reaction was "HOLY SHIT ARE THOSE DEAD CHILDREN???"

"HOLY SHIT"..... lol.........Shit is indeed holy., people have to get rid of it from their stomachs and specially from their brains. otherwise they will be introuble..

well those children too have to get rid of their religious shit.. otherwise they will be dead adults when they grow up with their religious mindset..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkPmtM7L6gA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd_ye80X2I0

well that is morsi vs sisi  that is what Egyptians need.. not Sisis and Morisis

Reply #39 - June 21, 2015, 03:13 PM

One of the problem I see in Egypt is Egyptian elections itself.  I blame people of Egypt who did not participate in elections. In 2012  Egyptian election commission was fairly independent and elections were not rigged but here is the problem..

Total valid votes         25,577,511    96.81%
    Invalid votes        843,252    3.19%
    Turnout        26,420,763    51.85%
    Abstentions      24,538,031    48.15%
    Registered voters    50,958,794   

Almost 50% of people didn't even go for voting..  but I bet many of them participated in the recent strike against Morsi..   that is the first problem with elections.

Okay, I understand you can't provide a link with other results just links with no results...
    Then you're saying that it was not representative because only 50% voted but you assume those missing were the secular liberal democrats voters. Quite a ridiculous assumption as it can go otherwise around as well. Anyways the turnout for parliamentary elections was for each of the three phases around 60%. Wikipedia sources unfortunately are in Arabic.
     Reply #40 - June 21, 2015, 03:25 PM

Okay, I understand you can't provide a link with other results just links with no results...
    Then you're saying that it was not representative because only 50% voted but you assume those missing were the secular liberal democrats voters. Quite a ridiculous assumption as it can go otherwise around as well. Anyways the turnout for parliamentary elections was for each of the three phases around 60%. Wikipedia sources unfortunately are in Arabic.

reading.. reading.. thinking.. thinking.. is important.,   just throwing the words or hand waving is not really useful nbhb...

Reply #41 - June 21, 2015, 03:25 PM

rubbish... for that you need to compare what Morsi did when he was in power and what dick head is doing now.........

It's rubbish to not consider that it could have gone worse with MB. And extraordinary naive.
     Reply #42 - June 21, 2015, 03:31 PM

reading.. reading.. thinking.. thinking.. is important.,   just throwing the words or hand waving is not really useful nbhb...

Can you focus a little bit? We were talking about parliamentary elections.
     Reply #43 - June 21, 2015, 03:45 PM

Can you focus a little bit? We were talking about parliamentary elections.

in 1956 Egypt came out  from   British Queen clutches.,   it was occupied by British forces from 1886 to until 1956.,  Now  who is ruling Egypt since it got freedom of England ?  Egyptian Parliament??

why care about parliament when it has no power to rule?

It's rubbish to not consider that it could have gone worse with MB. And extraordinary naive.

Nonsense.. That kind of thinking is a serious problem.. It is same thinking   as "if a Black guy in AMRIKA becomes president  or if an Asian guy becomes Prime mister in London, it will become worse And extraordinary naive.."

You got to get rid of it..

Reply #44 - June 21, 2015, 03:52 PM

nhbh
    I do understand that there was a risk. Western liberal democracy often came through illiberal democracy, with risks. Thats an argument that has been said about other countries. But if the risk is not taken in Egypt, the alternative at the moment is a military government that promotes Sharia, cracks down on reformers and allows the free propagation of Salafism, with the risk of making the choice even narrower over time.

You raised a very good point. Risking because it was nothing to lose.
    Still as many feared that Egypt will become a theocracy, I think there are more chances that a revolution can overthrow a military regime than a theocracy. So it is a risky and messy choice anyways, and you can't be absolutely sure which is the right one.
     Reply #45 - June 21, 2015, 04:25 PM

in 1956 Egypt came out  from   British Queen clutches.,   it was occupied by British forces from 1886 to until 1956.,  Now  who is ruling Egypt since it got freedom of England ?  Egyptian Parliament??
    why care about parliament when it has no power to rule?

Jesus!!!! Are you serious? It was about what people choose in those elections. We were talking about the chances of building a democracy out there... but you are trying hard to deviate this everywhere else.

Nonsense.. That kind of thinking is a serious problem.. It is same thinking   as "if a Black guy in AMRIKA becomes president  or if an Asian guy becomes Prime mister in London, it will become worse And extraordinary naive.."

You got to get rid of it..

Well this came out of nowhere. Racism? Wtf? Anyways it is stupid as you compare apples with cars.

Reply #46 - June 21, 2015, 05:19 PM

Jesus!!!! Are you serious? It was about what people choose in those elections. We were talking about the chances of building a democracy out there... but you are trying hard to deviate this everywhere else.
    Well this came out of nowhere. Racism? Wtf? Anyways it is stupid as you compare apples with cars.

you are riot nbhb .. Sisi is great nbhb  so you say and the news says  UK invites Egypt's Sisi, state media say, day after Mursi ruling

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has been invited to visit Britain by the British prime minister, Egypt's state news agency said on Wednesday, a day after a Cairo court sentenced a former president to death, drawing Western criticism.

Egypt's first freely elected president, Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood, was sentenced to death on Wednesday, part of a crackdown launched after then army chief Sisi stripped Mursi of power in 2013 following mass protests against his rule. The appealable verdicts, which included death sentences against other senior Brotherhood figures, drew criticism from the United States, United Nations and the European Union.

Egypt is a close British ally in the Middle East. Cairo is seeking foreign investment to rebuild its economy after years of political turmoil and amid an Islamist insurrection centered on the Sinai peninsula.  Oil company BP signed a deal this year to invest $12 billion in Egypt that will produce 3 billion barrels of oil equivalent, an agreement that will help Egypt as it tackles its worst energy crisis in decades.

A crackdown by security forces that began with Islamists has since expanded to include liberal and secular activists who helped to topple Hosni Mubarak in 2011.

Authorities say the now-outlawed Brotherhood poses a grave threat to national security and say they are committed to the country's democratic transition. The Brotherhood says it is committed to peaceful activism.

yes yes good business for British P and  Sisi E

Reply #47 - July 01, 2015, 12:38 PM

Sisi is Pushing Egypt to the Brink  writes  David Hearst  of Middle east eye

Abdel Fattah al-Sisi gave on Tuesday the clearest indication so far that he intends to hang the democratically elected president whose power he usurped. Railing against the inability of the state to deal with the militant insurgency he himself stoked, Sisi pledged legislation to allow his courts to dispense summary justice.
    The arm of justice is chained by the law. We're not going to wait for this. We're going to amend the law to allow us to implement justice as soon as possible, do courts in these circumstances work? Do these laws work? They work with normal people... If there is a death sentence, a death sentence will be implemented... the law! the law!

Two years on from the coup which toppled him, Mohammed Morsi and 105 others including 15 senior figures of the Muslim Brotherhood are under sentence of death. Sisi presides over a state which is failing before our eyes. Under his rule, Egypt is on a steep downward spiral of ever more ruthless repression which now includes Sri Lankan style "disappearances" and an increasingly active insurgency. If Sisi carries out his threat, the explosion in Egypt a country of 90 million, half of them below the poverty line, will make Syria, Iraq and Libya seem insignificant in comparison.

No group has claimed responsibility for the assassination of Egypt's top prosecutor Hisham Barakat in a car bomb on Monday. But his death marks a blow to the authority of the regime he represented. Not since the speaker of the Egyptian parliament Rifaat al-Mahgoub was gunned down in 1990, has there been a killing of an official so prominent in the Egyptian state.
    If the judiciary played an integral part in repression, Barakat was its human face. He was the man who signed the arrest warrants for over 40,000 people. He gave legal cover to the Ministry of Interior and army troops who massacred over 1000 protesters in one day in the centre of Cairo in August 2013. He pushed for, and secured, mass death sentences. He also, according to the authenticated leaks of conversations in Sisi's offices, colluded with officials to fabricate details about Morsi's detention. Under what remains of Egyptian law, Morsi should not have been held in an army barracks. Barakat perverted the course of justice by attempting to dress up an army barracks into a prison run by the Interior Ministry.

The suspicion about exactly what happened on Monday is enough to provoke a senior Muslim Brotherhood leader in exile to call for an international UN investigation into Barakat's death. He said:

The importance of the death of Barakat will be no less than the murder of Rafic Hariri in Lebanon. It needs the same level of investigation, which is independent from the regime. This death must not be left for Sisi to exploit. The second set of suspects is a group related to or on the fringes of the Muslim Brotherhood. While the organisation condemned the killing and rigorously denied it had anything to do with it, there are so many victims of the regime within its ranks, that the killing of the prosecutor could be seen as a reply to Morsi's sentence. The third suspect is an IS or al Qaeda affiliate, or a non-Islamist leftist revolutionary group. There is one called "Revolutionary Punishment".
    According to every attempt to measure political opinion in Egypt, the Brotherhood has retained its core support of around 30 percent .Two years ago there were over 40 political parties many of whom have disappeared. The Brotherhood remains the largest political movement in Egypt. If Sisi intends to declare war on these people and their families, he is doing so on millions of Egyptians, a portion of whom will turn to violence.

We have seen this before. A dictator uses violence against a peaceful political protest, forcing it to use violence back, and therefore justify the level of repression used against it. This scenario worked for Hafez Assad. But it did not work for his son Bashar, who has now lost control of most of his country. And there is no guarantee that violence will work for Sisi.
    Sisi has yet to make his biggest mistake, which would be to carry out the death sentence on Morsi. Sayyid Qutb was not a major figure in the Muslim Brotherhood when he was hanged in 1966 for plotting Nasser's assassination. He was a thinker and a writer who came to Islamism after 11 years of being a liberal and an atheist. Qutb's death made him infinitely more influential over future generations of Islamists, than he was over his own generation. Morsi is democratically elected. He retains in the eyes of millions of his voters more legitimacy than Sisi. In death, Morsi will become no less a martyr for the Islamist cause than Qutb has been.

Is anyone aware of the dangers of what might be about to happen in Egypt? For sure, Britain's ambassador to Egypt is not. John Casson said after meeting Egypt's interior minister Magdy Abdel Ghaffar along with the U.S. ambassador
    :I share the Minister's commitment to strengthening the UK-Egypt partnership. Security is a vital foundation for the more secure, prosperous, and democratic Egypt we all want to see. That means tough security measures, countering extremist ideology, and progress on the economy, democracy and human rights, which are essential for long-term security.

If Sisi is left in charge, another "surprise" awaits the West in Egypt. It will be of a magnitude far greater than the fall of Mosul to the Islamic State.

well that is what David Hearst writes in that Huffington post  and I have to agree with him.. I guess AMRIKI & its ambassador  + Londonisthan and its ambassador do not understand the meaning of Democracy. Their support to this Sisi fool at this critical juncture of Egyptian history will burn Middle east  for another 10 year through IS..ISIS.. brotherhood.. brothelhood  and other gillion Islamic organizations . Muhammad Morsi was an ideal candidate to run Egypt out of its trouble at this critical time..

Reply #48 - July 01, 2015, 12:48 PM

Other News from Egypt..

Deadly attacks hit Egypt's Sinai peninsula BBC
    At least 10 soldiers have been killed and injured in a wave of attacks by suspected jihadist militants in Egypt's Sinai peninsula, the military says. More than 70 "terrorists" launched assaults on five different checkpoints near Sheikh Zuweid, a statement said. Twenty-three attackers were killed and three pick-up trucks armed with anti-aircraft guns were destroyed, it added.

Initial reports said as many as 30 soldiers were killed, but they could not be independently verified. The attacks come two days after the assassination of Egypt's public prosecutor in the capital, Cairo.

Egypt’s Sisi calls for new measures against terrorism following assassination says Jerusalem post.com
    Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi called on Tuesday for new legal measures to crack down against an unrelenting Islamist insurgency. He issued the call at the military funeral for a top public prosecutor who was assassinated in a bomb attack the day before.
    “We’ll amend the legislation in a way that will enable us to enforce the law and justice as quickly as possible,” said Sisi while standing next to the family of Hisham Barakat, who security sources said was killed by a bomb in a parked car that was remotely detonated as he left his home.

“We’re facing terrorism, [and] therefore there must be laws that parallel that and trials that parallel that. We will not take five to 10 years to try those killing us,” said the Egyptian president.

“We will respect the law, but we will amend it so that it’s parallel to what we’re facing,” he added.

The government had announced a holiday on Tuesday to mark the anniversary of mass unrest that led to president Mohamed Morsi’s fall, but Sisi’s office canceled celebrations and Cairo streets remained largely empty. Judicial sources said the amendments would restrict the number of appeals to one from two and give judges the final say on which witnesses could testify. Amnesty International released a report on Tuesday accusing the authorities of jailing young activists to quell unrest, charges the government denies

Reply #49 - July 01, 2015, 05:20 PM

Sisi is Pushing Egypt to the Brink  writes  David Hearst  of Middle east eye

If Sisi is left in charge, another "surprise" awaits the West in Egypt. It will be of a magnitude far greater than the fall of Mosul to the Islamic State.

So... what "surprise"Huh?
     Reply #50 - July 01, 2015, 05:45 PM

Instability is growing as Egypt is probably facing the largest insurgency it has faced. And the largest islamist movement in the country, Muslim Brotherhood, haven't even taken up arms.
     Reply #51 - July 01, 2015, 06:56 PM

He thinks Sisi governance is a fertile ground for ISIS and with Morsi it wouldn't have been so? 
     Reply #52 - July 02, 2015, 02:00 PM

He thinks Sisi governance is a fertile ground for ISIS and with Morsi it wouldn't have been so?  

That is true nbhb., I would have supported that DICK HEAD actions if he put the Egypt for  free elections again  without he being the candidate.. But now no way..   Morsi may be a member of brotherhood but would not have supported that ISIL shit..

So news on that says  Egypt launches air strikes on group linked to Isis

Egypt launched air strikes on Islamist militant targets in the Sinai peninsula on Thursday, killing 23 fighters a day after the deadliest clashes in the region in years, security sources said. The sources said those killed had taken part in Wednesday’s fighting in which 100 militants and 17 soldiers, including four officers, were killed, according to the army spokesman.

Another news says  Egypt's Brotherhood calls for uprising after killings

Muslim Brotherhood calls on supporters to "rise in revolt" after police kill 13 leading members in raid on Cairo home.  The Muslim Brotherhood has warned of "serious repercussions" and has called on its supporters to "rise in revolt" after Egyptian police killed 13 of its members.

Egyptian police raided an apartment in the Cairo suburb of 6th of October on Wednesday and killed 13 of the outlawed group's leading members, including a former member of parliament, Nasser al-Hafy, security sources and a member of the group said.

Pro-Muslim Brotherhood Mekameleen TV said the leaders were detained inside a home and "killed in cold blood without any investigation or charges".

The Brotherhood members were reportedly meeting to discuss sponsoring the families of detainees when the police stormed the building. The victims' families said the men were unarmed and had been taken into custody earlier in the day but were released after gaving fingerprints.  Egypt's interior ministry, however, said the men were fugitive leaders who were plotting attacks - something the group denies - and said the group included two men who had previously been sentenced to death.

And another news from JPOST.com says
    Netanyahu: We are partners with Egypt in the fight against ISIS that has reached our borders

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited the four Israelis at Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem's Ein Kerem who were injured in two separate terrorist attacks over the last two days, and from near their beds sent condolences to Egypt for the terrorist attacks that rocked that country on Wednesday.

“Terrorism is knocking on our borders,” he said. “Islamic State is not only across from the Golan Heights, it is also in Egypt, across from Rafah, in other words across from our borders,” he said. “And we are together with Egypt and many other states in the Middle East and the world in the struggle against extreme Islamic terrorism.”

While the terrorists have managed to hit inside Israel over the last few days, Netanyahu said that the IDF and the security services have “thwarted more than 200 terrorist attempts from the start of last year.” He pledged that Israel would apprehend those responsible for the recent attacks and “extract a heavy price from the terrorists and those who dispatch them and support them.”

That is the news on Egypt...

Reply #53 - July 03, 2015, 03:27 PM

The true meaning of freedom of expression in Egypt: An open letter from Abdullah Al Fakhrani  

My friend, you ask me to talk about freedom of expression in Egypt and what it means to me?

Before I begin to even talk to you about freedom of expression in Egypt – more specifically post-coup – allow me to draw your attention to a certain point: there is a difference between freedom of expression and the freedom to transmit news. For true freedom of expression to exist it must be preceded largely by knowledge of facts and occurrences about the world around us on which we later build later opinions that we can then express in various ways. On that basis, the freedom to transmit news precedes freedom of expression; it is a necessary condition for freedom of expression to even exist in the first place.

In Egypt, you have a country that neither respects journalists nor allows them to portray the reality on the ground to the nation's citizens. In Egypt, the search for freedom of expression is akin to being a filmmaker who owns no camera or film: impossible to enact.

For a year and a half I have been left in an underground cell charged with the crime of "journalism"; charged with the dissemination of news – and, believe it or not, for admitting to belong to a newspaper! And yet, despite this, as a journalist in my country, I know I am lucky. Others have been killed for carrying out their work with no one asking about them or bringing their killers to justice. No one has held their killers accountable for the charges of murder, of restricting freedom, of targeting journalists – the world has forgotten or neglected them, my friend.

For the past year and a half I have been imprisoned with many journalists, Egyptian and foreign alike, from various press organisations. I was with Abdullah Al-Shamy, the Al Jazeera journalist who was arrested whilst doing his work the day of the dispersal of Rabaa – the same day that Habiba Mohamed, a member of Abdullah's press team, was killed doing his job. Many people are unaware that the actual numbers of detainees from Rassd News has exceeded 40 journalists, and that the organisation withholds their names for fear of endangering them. For in Egypt it is better for a journalist upon being arrested covering such events to be charged as a protester than to be charged as a journalist.

How naïve I was! I thought the world would stand against the coup government in its targeting of journalists and their restrictions. What happened instead was a mixture of collaboration and neglect, with some countries even handing their journalists over to the Egyptian authorities – such as what happened with the director of Ahrar25, Musad Albarbary, who was abducted by Lebanese authorities and handed over to their Egyptian counterparts to be charged for managing a news channel. Such incidents will only repeat themselves with others – for haven't I told you; the world does not care. Perhaps it's because the detained journalist is Egyptian?

Forgive me, my friend, for prolonging my introduction and not answering your question. Let me tell you what freedom of expression means to me after a year and a half of detention.

Freedom of expression, now, is for me to be free to write words on the walls of my cell; to shout out in my loudest voice how I feel to the fellow prisoner behind my cell door; to have the freedom to talk to the military judge overseeing my case; the freedom to choose between silence or speech that might land me in isolation. It's the ability to hold a discussion with 20 other journalists about what occurred when we were in the court's cage – the soundproof glass box that has been our punishment for daring to work as journalists.

Freedom of expression, my dear friend, is to talk about the killers of Charlie Hebdo and to ignore the killings of Arab journalists; condemning the killers of French journalists while being blind to the fate of others.

I hear the words "freedom of expression" and the name Ahmad Assim comes to mind. As does Ahmad Abdeljawad; Habiba Ahmad; Mosab Alshamy; Mayada Ashraf – they all come to mind, the names of journalists killed for their work. The Mariott Cell case also comes to mind. As does the Rabaa Operations Room case; the Rassd leaks; Mikamleen and the more than 100 Egyptian journalists left to rot in a prison cell because of the charge of journalism. These are the limits of freedom of expression in my country now.

Names of detained journalists in Egypt to date:

Magdy Ahmad Hussein, Alshab aljadeed
    Mohsin Rady, Culture and Media in the People's Assembly
    Ibrahim Aldawry, Palestinian Centre for Studies
    Ahmad Ez Aldeen, Alshaab Newspaper
    Hany Salah Aldeen, Alyoum Alsabeh
    Hassan Alqabany, Alkarama
    Musad Albarbary, Ahrar 25
    Amr Alkhafeef, Radio broadcasting in Maspero
    Imad Abu Zeid, Alahram
    Ahmad Almenshawy, Gazette
    Said Abou Hajj, photojournalist, Sinai media
    Ahmad Sabeh, Aqsa channel
    Samihy Mustafa, Rassd Network
    Ali Abdulal, Islamiyon
    Abdullah Alfakharany, Rassd Network
    Ayman Saqr, Mesryoon
    Mohamed Ali Hassan, Nahar Newspaper and Egypt Now Channel
    Mohamad Salah, Alshab aljadeed
    Ibrahim Sulaiman, Fifth Channel
    Omar Abdelmaqsood, Masr Alarabiya
    Khaled Hamza, Ikhwanweb
    Mahmoud Abu Zeid (Shawkan), freelance photojournalist, Demotix
    Ramy Gan, freelance
    Mohamed Alyamany, Freedom and Justice paper
    Abdelrahman Shahin, Freedom and Justice paper
    Husam Isa, Freedom and Justice paper
    Muhammad Madany, Masr25
    Baher Mohamed, Aljazeera
    Mohamed Fahmy, Aljazeera
    Nora Rashed, Gomhoriya
    Khaled Hamdy, Masr25
    Hassan Khudry, Masr25
    Khaled Abdelaziz, Masr25
    Jamal Alalam, Masr25
    Osama Ezz Aldeen, photojournalist, Masr25
    Mohamed Hegazy, Masr25
    Mohamed Aladly, Amgad
    Hassan Ibrahim Albana, freelance photojournalist
    Mahmoud Gad, freelance photojournalist
    Ahmad Abu Zeid Altantawy, Freedom and Justice paper
    Abdelrahman Said Mustafa, Nabd Alikhbariya
    Abdelrahman Morsi, Aqsa channel
    Mahmoud Abdelnaby Awad, Rassd Network
    Ibrahim Abdelnaby Awad, Rassd Network
    Khaled Abdelraouf Sahloub, freelance
    Ahmad Gamal Zeyada, Yaqeen
    Said Mousa, Amgad
    Omran Ashour Ahmad, freelance
    Ahmad Khamees, freelance
    Mohamed Reda, freelance
    Ahmad Ali Alnagar, freelance
    Mohamed Sulaiman, freelance
    Khaled Junaidy, freelance
    Salem Rehab, freelance
    Imad Mohamed, freelance
    Kareem Mustafa Alsaid, Shabab Channel
    Omar Ahmad, freelance
    Mohamed Ezzat, IkhwanOnline
    Abdullah Shousha, Amgad
    Bakry Abdelal, Alraya
    Ashraf Mahmoud Khalifa, Freedom and Justice paper
    Mohamed Hamdy, freelance
    Ahmad Abdelhameed awad, freelance
    Abdelrahman Labib Handiya, freelance
    Ahmad Lashin, Masr25
    Ahmad Fouad Alsaid, Kormoz
    Kareem Shalby, Almasdr
    Suhaib Mohamed, freelance
    Bebshawy Armeia, Altareq Channel
    Wael Alhudeiny, freelance
    Sameh Albalah, Alsharq al-Awsat
    Mohamed Mamoon, Ahrar25
    Ibrahim Talha, freelance
    Mahmoud Gamal Othman, freelance
    Mohiy Qasam Abdeljawad, freelance
    Mohamad Mustafa Abdelnaser, freelance
    Ahmad Moharam Abdelsalam, freelance
    Abdelrahman Mohamed Ahmad, freelance
    Bilal Kamal Abdelal, freelance
    Mohamed Abdelnaby Abda, freelance
    Mohamad Ragab, freelance
    Mustafa Ban, freelance
    Mustafa Madih Helmy, freelance
    Sameh Mohamed Bakry, freelance
    Ahmad Moharam, freelance
    Abdullah Gamal Meftah, freelance
    Mohamed Mamon Abou Shousha, freelance
    Ammar Samir Abdelghany, freelance
    Ahmad Khamees Khedr, freelance
    Bilal Abdullah Ahmad, freelance
    Abdelrahman Hassan Abdelhaffez, freelance
    Ahmad Khamees Abdelqawy, freelance
    Kareem Abdullah, freelance
    Huthaifa Mohamed, freelance
    Anas Mohamed Alqady, freelance
    Mohamed Ahmad Shehata, freelance
    Osama Hisham Mohamed, freelance
    Mohammed Husam Alkafrawy, freelance
    Omar Mohammed Alsawy, freelance
    Ahmad Ali Alnagar, freelance
    Adel Alhaddad, freelance photojournalist

That is what  Abdullah Al Fakhrani, writes He is a  Egyptian journalist and the founder of Rassd News Network who is currently imprisoned in Egypt..

"these are the limits of freedom of expression in my country now."

I certainly agree with most of what he says if not all ..  Off course there are limits in Egypt what you can say and what you can not say dear Abdullah.  BUT TO THE WORLD DOESN'T CARE about journalists of Egypt is not right., True if every country had same culture of repression and culture of caliph rulers and culture of Islamic politics then every one around the globe will be suffering as Egyptians are suffering under this regime..  

Reply #54 - June 19, 2019, 06:32 PM

So . That is what happens  IF YOU GET ELECTED IN SO-CALLED  ISLAMIC COUNTRY   Egypt: Morsi buried in secret location after dying in court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2yjLlNfaC4

Turkey: Erdogan slams Egypt's 'tyrants' as thousands mourn Morsi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcqBp1e5T5A

Mohamed Morsi: An Egyptian tragedy...  Aljazeera.com , SO I GUESS WEST IS HAPPY WITH Abdel Fattah el-Sisi  DEMOCRACY ..  well let me go back three years and watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMEm-v_JerQ

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »