Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Egypt Elections 101? Can someone explain

(Read 2688 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Egypt Elections 101? Can someone explain
     OP - December 01, 2011, 03:11 PM

So can someone explain to me what's going on with Egypt's elections. I feel like I'm getting biased reporting on Western media.

1. Are these actual elections? or just preliminary ones?

2. Who are the parties running and on what principles are they running on?

3. Which party seems more favorable and why?

4. Is there a particular party you think will be good for Egypt (best of the worst I suppose)

5. Where do you think Egypt will go from here, and how do you see the country changing?

6. Do you miss Mubarak?  grin12

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Re: Egypt Elections 101? Can someone explain
     Reply #1 - December 01, 2011, 03:15 PM

A hearty recommendation: arabist.net.
     Reply #2 - December 01, 2011, 04:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87AyBBYmIi4

well couple  good looking happy colored fingers from Egypt.. read it all clicking the picture..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - December 01, 2011, 05:13 PM

(Clicky for piccy!)

So can someone explain to me what's going on with Egypt's elections. I feel like I'm getting biased reporting on Western media.

1. Are these actual elections? or just preliminary ones?

Yes, they are elections for the parlementary structure which will make Egypt's new constitution.

2. Who are the parties running and on what principles are they running on?

Too many parties and single persons to mention. Every principle is represented.

3. Which party seems more favorable and why?

The Muslim Brotherhood seems to have the best papers with over 30%; second is the extremist Salafist party with about 15%. Why? Because they are well-organized, and the Egyptians have voted for them.

4. Is there a particular party you think will be good for Egypt (best of the worst I suppose)

That's for the Egyptians to decide. They will get the government they want and deserve.

5. Where do you think Egypt will go from here, and how do you see the country changing?

The two Islamist parties will form a coalition with other conservative parties. Then the Salafists will take over, work together with the army and forbid all other parties. Sharia law will be enforced, and the country will turn into a Caliphate with salafistic revolutionary guards. A stong anti-Iran and anti-Israel program will arise. Further elections will have to wait untill another revolution will take place, but that may take several decades.

Not at all. He is responsible for the shit Egypt will be in now   grin12

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #4 - December 02, 2011, 03:04 AM

That's for the Egyptians to decide. They will get the government they want and deserve.

Translation: Hallakuf doesn't think much of Egyptians or sand niggers in general.

As far as "the government they want" part is concerned, you seem to have an all- too-common shallow and ignorant analysis of representative/parliamentary "democracy"-- elections are only partly the result of the general will of the people-- organization and resources and messaging are more determinative of election outcomes.

The two Islamist parties will form a coalition with other conservative parties. Then the Salafists will take over, work together with the army and forbid all other parties. Sharia law will be enforced, and the country will turn into a Caliphate with salafistic revolutionary guards. A stong anti-Iran and anti-Israel program will arise. Further elections will have to wait untill another revolution will take place, but that may take several decades.

Roll Eyes

You're an idiot. Hardly anyone in Egypt, even amongst the secular opposition to the Muslim Brotherhood, thinks this is a realistic outcome. I grant you it could happen, but your certainty it will is unwarranted.

No, he wasn't even worthy of being called a dictator-- just a weak, spineless kleptocrat who used patronage and corruption in the bureaucratic machinery to stay in power. I mean the guy wasn't all bad, not like he was evil or anything, but he did very little to advance Egypt and did a lot to stagnate growth and progress.

I do miss Nasser-- for all his faults he was the last decent leader Egypt had.

fuck you
     Reply #5 - December 02, 2011, 04:39 PM

Translation: Hallakuf doesn't think much of Egyptians or sand niggers in general.

Prejudice. IMO, every people gets the government it deserves. The Persians put their own dictators on the throne, and so did the Germans in 1933.

As far as "the government they want" part is concerned, you seem to have an all- too-common shallow and ignorant analysis of representative/parliamentary "democracy"-- elections are only partly the result of the general will of the people-- organization and resources and messaging are more determinative of election outcomes.

Still it is, in the end, elections.

My Quote:
    The two Islamist parties will form a coalition with other conservative parties. Then the Salafists will take over, work together with the army and forbid all other parties. Sharia law will be enforced, and the country will turn into a Caliphate with salafistic revolutionary guards. A stong anti-Iran and anti-Israel program will arise. Further elections will have to wait untill another revolution will take place, but that may take several decades.[/my quote]

You're an idiot.

Thanks for the compliment. Strong argument! Wink

Hardly anyone in Egypt, even amongst the secular opposition to the Muslim Brotherhood, thinks this is a realistic outcome. I grant you it could happen, but your certainty it will is unwarranted.

Hoho, I never mentioned certainty, and this outcome is far from what I wish the Egyptians. We will have to wait what will arise out of this, and I hope I'm wrong. I'm not optimistic, though.

Reply #6 - December 04, 2011, 06:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L402RmAIxn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYkZCA2gGA

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #7 - December 04, 2011, 10:40 AM

^ Afro Thank you.

Reply #8 - December 04, 2011, 12:40 PM

Egypts future? I hope not:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/8933537/Aboud-al-Zumour-Islamic-Jihad-mastermind-of-Sadats-murder-comes-in-from-the-cold-after-Egypt-election.html

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »