Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Pakistan's Punjab Governor assassinated

(Read 64619 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 13« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Pakistan's Punjab Governor assassinated
     Reply #360 - February 25, 2012, 09:51 AM

Its more of an Asian channel than a religious one, a lot of punjabi music, sufi songs etc are played on there (eeew) its channel 802 on Sky if I remember correctly.

All the same, if its broadcasting things that breach regulations (and possibly the law) like that, it needs to be investigated,and sanctioned if convicted, whatever the decision is. At the very least it needs to be brought to the attention of the regulatory bodies so that whoever is in charge there makes sure it won't happen again, and that they know OFCOM is on their case. Its outrageous that a TV station in the UK could broadcast rhetoric like that.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #361 - February 25, 2012, 10:01 AM

maybe you are right but don't you think it is odd that his son his kidnapped by taliban and no hostage video has surfaced until now.If taliban or islamist had him wouldn't they have killed him by now as he is son of a blasphemer.

When it comes to war/money/support/propaganda/political savageness   Taliban/Alqueda   groups are not some stupid fools from Arabian desert.. they are smarter than American Politicians..  But it is true he could have been kidnapped by even Punjabi political mafia either for political reasons or simple for his money...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #362 - February 25, 2012, 11:33 AM

Its outrageous that a TV station in the UK could broadcast rhetoric like that.

Ikr but what do you expect? Its ran by backward mirpuris  Tongue  I'd be glad if its removed its a shit channel, full of idiots. This is a clip from the same channel  Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSfsZ_kzk0
     Reply #363 - February 25, 2012, 11:39 AM

I'm a fan of Sangat TV, they covered the riots right in the mix, but they are Sikh.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #364 - February 25, 2012, 01:39 PM

Yeah that's a good channel. OFCOM banned Press TV for its political rhetoric (I think Ahmedinejad is the editor) and regularly criticise Islam channel, rightly so, that's like saudi tv in english at times, but never take action against the barelvi islamic channels who preach as much hate (in english and urdu) as any radical salafi preacher  Roll Eyes  Its time the government stopped funding such groups as a counterweight to salafi/deobandi groups otherwise they're going to end up making the same mistakes the US is.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=11688&Cat=13

ISLAMABAD: The US government says that it has given money to Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC) that organised anti-Taliban rallies, but later demonstrated in support of an extremist who killed a leading liberal politician, the US Embassy in Islamabad said Wednesday.

“This propaganda is being unleashed against us because we are strongly opposed to Western democracy and American policies in the region and in the world,” said Sahibzada Fazal Karim, the head of the council, before reiterating the group’s support for Mumtaz Qadri. “We are against extremism, but we support Mumtaz Qadri because he did a right thing,” he said.

Cheesy

Reply #365 - February 25, 2012, 01:58 PM

Yeah that's a good channel. OFCOM banned Press TV for its political rhetoric (I think Ahmedinejad is the editor) and regularly criticise Islam channel, rightly so, that's like saudi tv in english at times, but never take action against the barelvi islamic channels who preach as much hate (in english and urdu) as any radical salafi preacher  Roll Eyes  Its time the government stopped funding such groups as a counterweight to salafi/deobandi groups otherwise they're going to end up making the same mistakes the US is.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=11688&Cat=13
    ISLAMABAD: The US government says that it has given money to Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC) that organised anti-Taliban rallies, but later demonstrated in support of an extremist who killed a leading liberal politician, the US Embassy in Islamabad said Wednesday.

“This propaganda is being unleashed against us because we are strongly opposed to Western democracy and American policies in the region and in the world,” said Sahibzada Fazal Karim, the head of the council, before reiterating the group’s support for Mumtaz Qadri. “We are against extremism, but we support Mumtaz Qadri because he did a right thing,” he said.

Cheesy

Stop laughing  stop drinking Aphrodisiacs  finmad finmad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=eYLsrE3gbbM

Zinda Baad... Zinda Baad... Zinda Baad  Sahibzada Fazal Kareem aek Mujhaid aalim Zinda Baad

Reply #366 - February 25, 2012, 03:17 PM

its a typical shitty Mirpuri TV channel what do you expect from Mirpuris, most of them are extremely conservative and thick as pigshit. Recently, I mean like two three months ago, I've been getting this 19/20 year old MP girl from Bradford calling me and txtin me, one of my friends gave her my number when she was in Leeds and asked for it at the time I didn't know she was MP, but after I talked to her I instantly knew she was one from cheap family lack of education and decorum, I told her to piss off basically told her to fuck off and stop calling me, and she still txts me and tries to talk to me, sometimes I humor her if I am bored.
     Reply #367 - February 25, 2012, 03:20 PM

Tongue

Anyway I made a formal complaint to have this channel stop airing such programs.
     Reply #368 - February 25, 2012, 03:27 PM

its a typical shitty Mirpuri TV channel what do you expect from Mirpuris, most of them are extremely conservative and thick as pigshit. Recently, I mean like two three months ago, I've been getting this 19/20 year old MP girl from Bradford calling me and txtin me, one of my friends gave her my number when she was in Leeds and asked for it at the time I didn't know she was MP, but after I talked to her I instantly knew she was one from cheap family lack of education and decorum, I told her to piss off basically told her to fuck off and stop calling me, and she still txts me and tries to talk to me, sometimes I humor her if I am bored.

Friends and girls texting you.....you were dreaming!
     Reply #369 - February 25, 2012, 03:32 PM

Friends and girls texting you.....you were dreaming!

Whats worst then an ethnic, is a MP ethnic.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #370 - February 25, 2012, 03:46 PM

Cheesy

FYI, I'm only like 25% mirpuri  Tongue
     Reply #371 - February 26, 2012, 06:27 AM

Look at these scoundrels on the televisions of Pakistan..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQQht14SqfI

Ghazi Mumtaz Qadri the murderer a nut case  is A Hero of Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC0Ml2Ax-Bo

yap Chaud dev..    These cameleon  rogues in Pakistan change their color so fast it is impossible for innocent people to figure out who is who..  there are the reason why teh country 100s of 1000s of Mumtaz Qadris in Pakistan.....And these idiots talk about Islam spread Islam Killing Salman tasser by these Brutal nut case Mumtaz Qadri   is A Hero of Islam.. Yap let us blame Juice .. or may be hindus.. americans.. cia.. raw..mossad..

Reply #372 - February 26, 2012, 07:32 AM

Just googling and found this

http://www.30-days.net/muslims/muslims-in/europe/mirpuris-britain/

I did not realise xian groups were working out how evangelised various groups are!  So instead of us sending missionaries (and socks!) to India we are now sending them to Bradford!

Where does the saying - bless your cotton socks come from?
    Answer:

George Edward Lynch Cotton, English clergyman and educator, assistant master at Rugby 1837-1852, the young master in Thomas Hughes's "Tom Brown's School Days". Bishop of Calcutta, 1858 where he did missionary work and established schools for Eurasian children. In requests to England he asked for donations of clothing, often emphasizing "warm socks" for the children.

In fact he seems to have held the simplistic view that if the children had warm socks many of their problems, mal-nutrition, disease, racial prejudice etc. could be easily solved. Little old maiden ladies all over England spent their time knitting socks for Bishop Cotton and sending them off to India. He blessed all items used in his schools, and many shipments would arrive labeled " Socks for Cotton's blessing" and reportedly even "Cotton's socks for blessing". Cotton's socks easily became corrupted to cotton socks,

The phrase is now a term of endearment for a child who has done something sweet. It is also a way of saying thank-you. Due to its association with "sweet" children and bolstered by Cotton's simplistic views it is often used ironically, thanking someone in a position of authority for suggesting a benevolent, yet simplistic even childish view or solution for a difficult situation. Sometimes just a humorous thank you like " I'll dance at your wedding with bells on."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_does_the_saying_-_bless_your_cotton_socks_come_from#ixzz1nUUCzirK

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_does_the_saying_-_bless_your_cotton_socks_come_from

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Pakistan's Punjab Governor assassinated
     Reply #373 - August 05, 2013, 04:47 PM

Shahbaz Taseer killed in drone attack in Shawal in 2012 : Taliban sources  says news

PESHAWAR (INP): Shahbaz Taseer, son of slain Governor of Punjab Salman Taseer was killed in a drone attack in Shawal valley of the North Waziristan tribal area, in 2012, claimed Taliban sources.

They further claimed that the son of Salman Taseer was buried in the Shawal area on the same day. The Jirga that was making hectic efforts to get Shahbaz Taseer released has also returned hometown in sheer disappointment, the sources added.

The sources confirmed that Talban are now shifting the abductees to the areas where chances of drone attacks are at higher to use them as human shield. It is pertinent to mention here that Shahbaz Taseer was kidnapped from Lahore on August 26, 2011. He had left his house from Cavalry Ground in his car (LZT-1) for his office around at 10:15 am. Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Lahore said his car was intercepted by a black SUV and motorbike around 600 yards from the office and up to three men dragged Taseer out of the car and took him away.

that ls land of pure..... rogues destroyed the whole family....

Reply #374 - September 11, 2013, 07:33 PM

WAITING FOR SHAHBAZ TASEER writes  his wife  Maheen Taseer  about her Braveheart

TWO YEARS TO THE DAY HER HUSBAND WAS TAKEN, A BRAVE WIFE SPEAKS ABOUT HER STRUGGLE.
    It’s been five Eids, two wedding anniversaries, and four birthdays since Shahbaz has been gone. Friends have gotten married, children have been born, and world-changing events have taken place all around us. And yet if you were to ask me what my overwhelming sense of the time that has passed has been I would say it has been one of stillness. It is as if nothing has moved at all. He walked out of that door that day, two years ago, and I am sitting where he left me, waiting for that door to open again.

You hold on. You hope. You pray. You survive. You wish the best for him yet you know that there is suffering. You can abide your own pain, but what do I do about the pain that he might be going through and that I know nothing about?

I am told that all suffering has a purpose. Such pain can either break you or make you. I am told that I have become stronger, and knowing how Shahbaz is, I know this is true for him too. Wherever Shahbaz is being kept, I know he is worried for us. Those who know him have no doubt that this trial will make him braver, wiser, and stronger. And that perhaps will give some meaning to his senseless and violent abduction. I would like to think that my love for him and his commitment to me are helping him through this immense trial.

People ask me often how it feels, how I handle the pain. There is no frame of reference for this kind of a situation. How does one cope with something like a kidnapping? It is easier to explain away other, more familiar traumas to attain some sense of comfort and even closure. A kidnapping is rarer, harder to examine and more difficult to process. It helps to speak with those who have gone through similar trials, forced to brave the taking away of those dearest to them without reason and without there being any surety of what the outcome will be. This is what makes the experience—a cycle of hope and despair—so much more difficult.

I have been fortunate in many ways. I have family and friends to turn to. I have a job which keeps me occupied, more so as I deal with people whose pain and suffering I can ease as their psychological counselor. Yet when the day is over, the overwhelming feeling is of being very alone and isolated. This is a loneliness that nobody can really relate to. People can comfort you, but it is difficult to fathom what it really means to just wait and wait and wait. How do you explain what it means to be without your best friend, your soul mate, for reasons that have nothing to do with either him or you? Such pain changes you. Such loneliness could leave one embittered, if you did not have faith and hope, and a deep conviction that your love, loyalty, and commitment will triumph in the end. There is a future that you must constantly keep before you, if the present is to be survived.

The unexplained absence of a loved one changes you forever. I know our lives will never be the same again.

But in all this, there are also these great positives that keep coming through. Kind words are a powerful thing. I have received thousands of messages of support and prayers for Shahbaz, from people of all ages and from all corners of the world. A 16-year-old Sikh has taken an oath at the Golden Temple to cut his hair the day Shahbaz returns home. An 18-year-old sends me a message every single day to stay strong. Thousands of prayers have been said at Mecca for his safe journey home. People who go there and to Sufi shrines in Pakistan and India tell us they have prayed for him. It is these heart-healing prayers that keep us hopeful, that help me push back the darkness, that strengthen my resolve.

My husband is a brave man. That was obvious in the way he handled his father’s assassination. The character he has shown in this period of time speaks of a great future awaiting him. With courage to fight, power to survive, and the ability to inspire, I know that Shahbaz will be an icon for his generation.

There is much that lies beyond one’s control. Every day brings a new rumor, a new speculation, a new fear. Truth is trumped by sensationalism by an irresponsible and insatiable media that has no visible regard for those it may be hurting. Media organizations do not seem to care about the pain they cause from their wrong reporting and they certainly don’t think twice about jeopardizing the safety of those at risk, like Shahbaz. Social media only magnifies and makes inescapable such reports. What is the protocol for handling all this when shutting out the world is not an option? What does one do when hope is constantly challenged by “breaking news”?

Here in Lahore, the mind is never far from the lawless federally-administered tribal areas, where most kidnapping victims are whisked off to. Now more than before, one thinks about the families there ravaged by violence, one thinks about the byzantine politics which surround that part of the country, one thinks about the rituals of routine violence there. One also thinks about the mundane: the weather there, the food, health care. And then there are drone strikes and the actual and collateral damage they bring. When those who have abducted your husband are being targeted from the skies, drones are not just an abstract concept but a living reality, a pressing and deeply personal concern. I am sure Shahbaz lives under this fear. I know I do.

I often think whether this experience would have changed Shahbaz. It is not easy living in isolation and captivity but a deep-rooted conviction tells me that these cruel circumstances would not have broken him. He will come back to me the same humorous, warm-hearted, caring person that he was when he left. He would have changed, yes, but only to have become more empathetic, more sensitive, and much more fearless than before. What would be left to fear once you have gone through something like this? These last two years have taught me a lot. The unexplained absence of a loved one changes you forever. I know our lives will never be the same again. They will be better informed by a visceral appreciation of choosing to journey together in a world of great uncertainty come what may, powered by a conviction to make every day count not only for each other but for others around us.

The traumas that Pakistanis go through can be soothed by those who have struggled with similar suffering. Support groups that make these experiences and shared wisdom available are so important and vital for the survival of others who feel alone and despondent. There have to be ways to help make things better for those who suffer, to have their voices heard, to make sure that our streets are safe. It is our collective duty to think about and care for families coping with unnatural traumas. I think of all that we can do once Shahbaz is home. Assisting such families will be a small but meaningful service to all those praying for Shahbaz’s safe return.

The author is a psychologist who married Shahbaz Taseer, the son of Punjab’s assassinated governor Salmaan Taseer, in 2010. Her husband was kidnapped in Lahore on Aug. 26, 2011. His whereabouts remain unknown.

that she wrote on 26 AUG 2013..

Reply #375 - October 05, 2015, 09:47 AM

A mother taking her two girls to school on a bike in Pakistan.. That is indeed one of most beautiful picture  I saw today.....

well on the news front  .. THE BABOON.... IS BACK IN THE NEWS ...  That rogue Islam  in his  brain murdered a wonderful person in the name Blasphemy.  So today's  news  from Land of Pure on the case of that Brutal  Baboon  says   Criticising blasphemy law does not amount to blasphemy: Justice Khosa

ISLAMABAD: Justice Asif Saeed Khosa of the Supreme Court of Pakistan said on Monday that criticism of the blasphemy law did not amount to blasphemy.

The judge gave the remarks while hearing the appeal by Mumtaz Qadri — the killer of former Punjab governor Salman Taseer — against his death penalty.

A three-member bench headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa adjourned the hearing till tomorrow when Qadri’s counsel Justice retired Nazir Akhter is expected to continue his arguments.

During today's hearing the bench observed that the entire argument of Qadri’s counsel would be rendered irrelevant if it is not established that then governor Taseer had committed blasphemy.

Justice Khosa in his remarks said that criticising a law does not amount to blasphemy and the press clippings presented in court do not provide sufficient evidence to maintain that the former governor had committed blasphemy.

Qadri, a former commando of Punjab police’s Elite Force, was sentenced to death for assassinating former Punjab governor Salman Taseer in Islamabad’s Kohsar Market. Qadri said he killed Taseer over the politician's vocal opposition to blasphemy laws of the country.

He had confessed to shooting Taseer dead outside an upmarket coffee shop close to the latter's residence in Islamabad on Jan 4. Following the sentencing, Qadri's counsels had challenged the ATC's decision through two applications the same month.

The first petition had demanded that Qadri's death sentence should be quashed and the second asked for Section 7 of the ATA to be declared void from the sentencing.

In its ruling on the appeal, the IHC rejected Qadri's application against his death sentence under the PPC but accepted his application to void ATA's Section 7.

Qadri's counsels the challenged IHC's decision to uphold his death penalty in the Supreme Court.

the rogue murdered Salman Taseer on 4 January 2011.. 4 years gone.. the case still lingers around land of pure courts and THE ROGUE LIVES LIKE MINI KING IN THAT PRISON

And on top of the post look at the picture of a Mother who is a Muslim And in the bottom of the post  look at the picture of a BABOON THAT ALSO FOLLOWS ISLAM AND A PIOUS   SINGING FUCKING KILLER MUSLIM who also kills  Muslims.

Huh!  what a difference  what a contrast in pictures.,   "A Muslim Baboon with Islamic rules.. And a Muslim Woman with No Islamic rules.."

Go figure that out......

well I don't believe in allah/god/doll bullshit from old boos old stories  but I still support some of them & their freedom to believe ....and  and.... some times I do drop a good  word or two to those who believe in such godygodallahdoll whatever....

Reply #376 - February 29, 2016, 06:59 AM

Salman Taseer Murderer  Mr. Mumtaz Qadri  is back in the news....

Taseer's killer Mumtaz Qadri hanged  ... Dawn  Oct 29-2015

RAWALPINDI: Mumtaz Qadri, an Elite Force commando convicted of killing former Punjab governor Salman Taseer, was executed at the Adiala Jail at around 4.30am on Monday, police said.

Qadri shot Taseer 28 times in broad daylight in Islamabad’s Kohsar Market on January 4, 2011. He was sentenced to death for assassinating Taseer on Oct 1 the same year. Qadri said he killed Taseer over what he called the politician's vocal opposition to blasphemy laws of the country.

His mercy appeal was rejected by President Mamnoon Hussain. Prison officials said Qadri was executed at 04:30 local time (23:30 GMT) at Adiala jail in Rawalpindi, near the capital, Islamabad.

Reaction to hanging

Protests were recorded in most major towns of the country against Qadri's execution, with busy routes including the Islamabad Express Highway, Islamabad-Lahore Motorway (M- 2) and GT Road partially or fully blocked due to demonstrations.

Dozens of Rangers and police in riot gear as well as ambulances were stationed outside Qadri's home in Rawalpindi early Monday, an AFP reporter there said. Metro bus service in Islamabad was also suspended as protestors occupied the bus track.

The Islamabad Bar Council made a strike call in protest against the hanging. The proscribed Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamat (ASWJ) carried out a protest demonstration and chanted anti-government slogans in Muzaffarabad against Qadri's execution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oE9ZCb3I6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKYCt5Gccn8

Reply #377 - March 01, 2016, 05:21 PM

Mumtaz Qadri buried in ancestral village near Islamabad ..100s of thousands attend his funeral says news..

Tens of thousands of supporters chanted and threw rose petals Tuesday at an ambulance bearing the body of a Pakistani Islamist executed for killing a liberal governor, as schools closed and police guarded flashpoints.

Crowds flooded into a park in the garrison city of Rawalpindi for funeral prayers for Mumtaz Qadri, chanting slogans such as "Qadri, your blood will bring revolution".

An AFP estimate put the number of people at up to 100,000.

Main junctions and sensitive buildings in Rawalpindi and the nearby capital Islamabad were guarded by thousands of police and paramilitary Rangers, while schools were shut.

Security forces kept a careful distance from the crowd at Liaqat Bagh park, and some of the supporters dispersed after the prayers.

But around 5,000 continued to march behind the flower-strewn ambulance as it inched its way through a sea of supporters towards the site where Qadri was buried Tuesday evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBMGAo41izk

Reply #378 - March 01, 2016, 11:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ivQka0Qgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqhbUKRnnhw

Reply #379 - March 10, 2016, 05:45 AM

how does kidnapping or killing this guy will help their court case in a civil suit?? interesting history of Pakistan and India

http://tribune.com.pk/story/331889/the-legacy-of-an-orphan-genius/

well that was long ago.,The news says

Salman Taseer's son Shahbaz Taseer released from Taliban captivity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTbQcGbaZ-Q

and he was held for 5 years  Shahbaz Taseer: Why was murdered Pakistan governor's son released? That news is from BBC

The kidnapped son of murdered Pakistani governor Salman Taseer has been reunited with his family, more than four years after being seized by gunmen in Lahore.

Many questions surround Shahbaz Taseer's abduction and release - and there are few clear answers.

Why was he freed now?

Shahbaz Taseer's release comes barely a week after Pakistan executed Mumtaz Qadri, the police guard who assassinated Salman Taseer (Shahbaz's father) for defending reforms to the country's blasphemy laws. As such, one would have expected the extremists holding him to use him as an object of their revenge. Instead, he walked free, apparently with the consent of his captors.

There are various theories. Some say that in the wake of Pakistan's military operations in the Waziristan region, the militants were on the run and found it difficult to hold him.
    Others believe he was released after ransom was paid to his kidnappers.

well Ransom is fair game in Islamic warfare..

Treatment of Prisoners of War  by Dr. Muhammad Hamidullah
    Reproduced from Ch. XV of The Muslim Conduct of State 7th edition, Sh. Muhammad Ashraf, Lahore, Pakistan by Dr. Muhammad Hamidullah

(435) This subject naturally falls into two parts, viz. Muslim soldiers or other soldiers made captive by the enemy, and the subjects and soldiers of the non-Muslim power taken prisoners by the Muslims (see also infra, 538)
    The Muslim Prisoner

(436) A Muslim prisoner is bound to observe faithfully his parole and honour. If, however, he [were] given no parole, he is at liberty, and if [he] likes and is able, [might] escape or otherwise do harm to his captors.

(437) As regards Muslim subjects, it is the duty of the Muslim State to seek their release by giving money from the public treasury. The Qu'ran clearly [states] that a portion of the State income is to [be] allotted for freeing the necks, which his interpreted as aiding the prisoners and slaves to get themselves freed. There are clear Traditions [Hadith] of the Prophet also to the same effect recorded by Bukhari and others; for instance: "Manage to the release of the prisoner." As regards practice, I have not found any precedent of the time of the Prophet when ransom was paid for the release of Muslim prisoners. Exchange of prisoners will, however, be dealt with later. The Caliph 'Umar, however, ordered, "Every Muslim prisoner in the hands of non-Muslims must be relieved by means of the Muslim State treasury."

(For the dhimmis taken prisoner, see above 210). Regarding later times, al-Mas'udi and al-Maqrizi record and describe more than half a dozen general releases of Muslim prisoners by their enemy. Historians of foreign countries have also recorded it. Finlay, for instance, says: "Regular exchange of prisoners with the Muslims commenced as early as the reign of Constantine V, 769 C.E. ([a] contemporary of the 'Abbasid al-Mansur). In the year 797 (i.e. under Harun ar-Rashid) a new clause was inserted in a treaty for the exchange of prisoners, binding the contracting parties to release all supernumerary captives on the payment of a fixed sum for each individual."

(438) Their wills and testaments, when received in Muslim territory, are valid and should be executed for the property of the deceased Muslim prisoner situate in a region under Muslim jurisdiction.

Enemy Prisoners Captured by Muslims

(439) As regards taking prisoners, there are two Quranic verses:

(i)"Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is the smiting of the necks until ye have routed them; then making fast of bonds; and afterwards either grace or ransom till the way lay down its burdens."

(ii) "It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he hath routed (the enemy) in the country."

In both of these verses the verb occurs which means "to route," "to dominate," "to subjugate". Al-Mathurdi commenting on the latter verses gives it similar meaning:

Until he makes ithkhan in the country, that is, he dominates, it. So that when he has received the ransom and lets them go free after having dominated the country in order that they return to a place where there is no utility and no association (for them).

(440) According to Muslim law, a prisoner qua prisoner cannot be killed. Ibn Rushd even records a consensus of the Companions of the Prophet to the same effect. This does not preclude the trial and punishment of prisoners for crimes beyond the rights of belligerency. For this, we possess the high authority of the practice of the Prophet when two prisoners of the Battle of Badr were beheaded by his order. Muslim jurists clearly recognise that a prisoner cannot be held responsible for mere acts of belligerency:
    Similarly there is unanimity that belligerents would not be held responsible for damage they inflicted on Muslims regarding life and property. This would be so even when they embrace Islam or become Muslim Dhimmis, i.e. subjects. For they did that conscientiously and in accordance with the dictates of their religion and at a time when they were authorised to do that, possessing as they did a resisting power. So they were on the same footing as Muslims. The same is true regarding the capture of property.

(441) Treatment during captivity has been the subject of liberal provisions. As regards the prisoners of Badr, the Prophet ordered: "Take heed of the recommendations to treat the prisoners fairly." The consequence was that many Muslim soldiers contented themselves with dates and fed the prisoners in their charge with bread. Abu Yusuf remarks that prisoners must be fed and well treated until a decision is reached regarding them. They are not to be charged for their food, the cost of which is to borne by the capturing Muslim State. The Qu'ran lays down:
    "Lo, the righteous shall ... [go to Paradise] ... (because) they perform the vow and fear a day whereof the evil is wide spreading, and feed with food the needy wretch, the orphan and the prisoner, for love of Him, (saying): we feed you, for the sake of God only, we wish for no reward not thanks from you."
    Prisoners are to be protected from heat and cold, and the like. If they have no clothes, these might be provided, as was the practice of the Prophet. If they are in any trouble or discomfiture, this is to be done away with as far as possible, for which there is authority of the practice of the Prophet. He has the right to draw up [a] will for the property at home. Obviously these would be communicated to the enemy authorities through a proper channel. Among prisoners, a mother is not to be separated from her child, nor other near relatives from each other. The position and dignity of prisoners are to be respected according to individual cases. A tradition is also attributed to the Prophet: "Pay respect to the dignitary of a nation who is brought low." There is no evidence in early Muslim history of exacting labour from prisoners. It they tried to escape or otherwise violate discipline, they might be punished. If they succeeded in their attempt to escape. and reach safety, and are again captured, their previous offense of escaping might not be ground for punishment, except perhaps the breach of parole.

(442) Muslim law leaves to the discretion of the commander to decide whether prisoners of war are to be (a) beheaded, (b) enslaved, (c) released [up]on paying ransom, (d) exchanged with Muslim prisoners, or (e) released gratis. We shall treat them separately.

Beheading of Prisoners

(443) We have already seen that the prisoners surrendering on conditions are treated according to the terms of their capitulation. On unconditional surrender, mere past acts of belligerency constitute no grounds for inflicting capital punishment. No doubt, crimes other than these might bring punishment on the prisoner. According to Abu Yusuf, a prisoner might be beheaded only in the interest of Islam, though he also records many opinions of high authority that their beheading was disliked (makruh). According to Sarakhsi, even the commander-in-chief cannot do that; only the head of the State can decide to put to death some particular prisoner. We have seen that unanimity was reached among the Companions of the Prophet not be behead prisoners of war. In short, capital punishment for prisoners of war is permissible only in extreme cases of necessity and in the interests of the State.

Enslavement

(444) There is no verse in the Qu'ran directly permitting enslavement, yet some indirect mention is found in the following:

"
    O Prophet! lo! We have made lawful unto thee they wives unto whom thou hast paid their bride-money, and those who they right hand possesseth, of those whom God have given the spoils of war...."

(445) In the practice of the Prophet, however, though few, there are instances of it. The females and children of the Jewish tribe of Banu Quraizah were, by the decision of the arbitrator nominated by themselves, enslaved and distributed as booty.

This arbitral award was in conformity with the Jewish personal law. The captives of the Arab tribe of Hawazin, in the year 8H., were distributed among the troops, but later on all of them were set free in answer to the supplication of the Hawazinites after their conversion to Islam. This manumission was not decreed as a right, but the Muslim soldiers were prompted by the personal example of the Prophet; and those who would liberate their share were yet ordered to do that and were compensated by the State-treasury. A little earlier, the Arabian tribe of Banu;l-Mustaliq had also incurred the same fate of losing females and children to the Muslim army. This time the Prophet married a girl from among the captives, who happened to be the daughter of the chieftain of the tribe, after liberating her. And Muslim soldiery was persuaded to free all the enslaved persons who had now become near relatives of the Prophet. The prisoners of Banu'l-'Anbar were set free either gratuitously or on ransom.

(446) The policy of the Prophet reached a climax when, as is said, he decreed that Arabs cannot be enslaved. The Caliph 'Umar issued orders that peasants, artisans, and professional of belligerent countries should not be enslaved. The Qur'an exhorted liberation of slaves, and provided that the income of the Muslim State should every year partly be allotted for the manumission of slaves. Another verse was interpreted by the Caliph 'Umar to mean that if a Muslim slave wanted to work and thus pay off his value to his master, the master was not allowed to refuse the offer.

(447) Thus it might be inferred that though Islam has done much to minimize slavery, it has not abolished it altogether. Certainly it is not obligatory always to enslave prisoners of war, yet it cannot be denied that the supreme commander of an army has the choice to accord the prisoners either enslavement or any other treatment. A word of caution may not be out of place .  " The Slave in Islam, does not convey the same idea as in other civilisations. For a slave of a Muslim has a right to equality with his master in food, clothing and dwelling. It cannot be denied that is was an easy method of proselytising non-Muslims, which is the prime policy of a Muslim State. "

(448) As we have just seen, to enslave the prisoners of war, male or female, is not at all obligatory. On the other hand, to free gratuitously or on ransom are the two alternatives, - probably in order of preference,  commanded by the Qu'ran (xlvii. 4) regarding them. Of course, it is not very easy to stop such a practice one-sidedly, if the adversaries are not inclined to do likewise. Ibn Jubair, for instance, has left us in his graphic and heartrending description of captive Muslim women and children sold as slaves, in most abject conditions, in the markets of Italy, where he had encountered them on his way to Mecca. Nevertheless, Islam had done much to improve international treatment of slaves, and Hobhouse (Moral in Evolution) has no hesitation in admitting that the betterment of the treatment meted out o slaves in non-Muslim countries, Christians not excluded, is traceable mostly to Islamic influence.

(449) Not being an obligatory rule of conduct, if Muslims voluntarily give it up, they commit no sin and no violation of their law. In fact, it is their own ideal. However, it must not be forgotten that waiving the right of enjoyment of a permission given by law, by Muslims of a country or period, does not abrogate the Divine law; and if other Muslims find it necessary, for some reason or other, to reinstate it, they will not be violating their law either.

(450) In fact, there are circumstances in which it may be in the interest of humanity to have recourse to enslavement. If, for instance, a people religiously believe that all aliens are untouchable, [then] treat human beings worse than animals, and at the same time refuse to listen to the counsel of humanitarianism; or if a people of one complexion have an exaggerated prejudice against those created by God with a skin of another colour, and treat them in a disgusting manner, it is in the interest of humanity to proceed internationally against such inhumane people, enslave them, and to put them under the mandate of a people who have no prejudices of colour or race or tongue. Let us hope such a need will not press.

(451) For treatment of and laws governing slaves in Islam, I refer to my monograph published by the Law Union of the Osmania University, which contains also a bibliography; see also my article "Slavery in Islam," in the Ramadan Annual of The Muslim Digest, Silver Jubilee Numbar, Durban, March 1960.

(452) The Qur'an has legalised releasing prisoners of war [up]on ransom (cf. xlvii. 4), and there are many instances in the life of the Prophet of liberating them with various kinds of ransom and compensation. So they were required sometimes to teach a number of Muslim boys reading and writing; sometimes money in gold or silver was demanded; sometimes other goods, for instance, spears and munitions of war, were accepted. It is not our concern whether the ransom was paid by the prisoner from his private purse or he was aided in it by his friends or government. The Caliph 'Umar II released full one hundred thousand prisoners and acquired the city of Malatiya from the Byzantines.

Exchange of Prisoners

(453) Of exchange, a special kind of ransom, there are many instances in the life of the Prophet: sometimes for one, at other [times] for more. In later times, it developed into a complicated institution involving the release of thousands of prisoners at a time. In certain treaties the value of the ransom of prisoners was fixed in definite sum of money.

(454) It is natural that vehicles employed for the purpose of conveying exchangeable prisoners - cartels as they are called - should be immune during their journey to and fro. It is also obvious that during the time of this journey they should not take part in hostilities on pain or losing their immunity.

Gratuitous Release

(455) The Qur'an has recommended this when hostilities have ceased (cf. xlvii. 4). There are not a few instances of it in the life of the Prophet. For the Battle of Badr until his death, one comes across gratuitous releases of prisoners every now and then. There were also cases of release on parole that they would no more take part in hostilities against Muslims.

(456) Before the booty - in which prisoners according to Muslim law are included - is distributed among the capturers, the commander is free to deal with the prisoners as he likes. But after they are enslaved and distributed, the consent of each recipient is necessary in all those acts of the commander which affect adversely the possessory rights of the owners of the now enslaved prisoners. The prisoners of Hawazin provide a good precedent, when the Prophet allowed compensation from the public treasury to all those who were not willing to part with their booty of slaves.  

and that is written by   Dr. Muhammad Hamidullah and published in Muslim Canada.org well there are plenty of Muslim folks living in Canada similar to  Shahbaz Taseer.. and have lots of money..

" The Slave in Islam, does not convey the same idea as in other civilisations. For a slave of a Muslim has a right to equality with his master in food, clothing and dwelling. It cannot be denied that is was an easy method of proselytising non-Muslims, which is the prime policy of a Muslim State. "

Hmm  Islam needs some slaves from west..

Reply #380 - March 26, 2016, 01:11 PM

Scotland imam praises Governor Salman Taseer's killer   says news  and he is Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman from Scotland

GLASGOW: The imam of Scotland's biggest mosque glorified the actions of Mumtaz Qadri in messages sent out to the local Muslim community. according to a report by the BBC.

Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman wrote in messages, which were seen by BBC, that he is "disturbed" and "upset" at the news of Qadri's execution. He also wrote "rahmatullahi alaih" (may Allah's mercy be upon him), with the name of the convicted terrorist.
    The cleric further said, "I cannot hide my pain today. A true Muslim was punished for doing which [sic] the collective will of the nation failed to carry out."

The cleric also drew comparison between Qadri's actions and the actions of the French resistance against Nazi occupation in World War II.  "Just when France was occupied by Nazies [sic], French did all they had to in order to protect their nation," he writes. "They were national heroes. Hanging Mumtaz Qadri has raised serious questions about Pakistan's independence. The issue is not of an individual. The issue is of national identity and Islamic spirit."

Hmm   let me read that again  "A true Muslim was punished for doing which [sic] the collective will of the nation failed to carry out."

So that  hero of Islam from Scotland  saying is "Salman Taseer should have been HANGED BY PAKISTAN GOVERNMENT INSTEAD OF THIS  "TRUE MUSLIM" "

murdering him in daylight..., Well if England becomes Islamisthan then lots of people in England should be killed for what they say against Islam .

oh well that is what news says.. read it all at the link.. Let me read more of that  hero of Islam from Scotland   the Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman   who preaches Islam in its biggest Mosque ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ1tiZf7hxQ

that was one  of those days in Pakistan..

Reply #381 - May 12, 2017, 06:03 AM

Taseer’s son gets death threats over Christmas message  said news

ISLAMABAD: A Christmas message calling for prayers for those charged under blasphemy laws has led to death threats against the son of Salman Taseer, the Punjab governor assassinated six years ago.

Shaan Taseer said on Monday that he had received “very credible death threats” from supporters of Mumtaz Qadri, his father’s killer who was hanged in February last year.

“They are sending me Mumtaz Qadri’s photos with messages that there are several Mumtaz Qadris waiting for me,”
    he said.

In a video message posted on his Facebook page, Shaan Taseer wished a happy holiday to Christians in solidarity and also asked for prayers for people facing blasphemy charge.

A spokesman for the Sunni Tehreek said it was demanding police in Lahore charge Shaan Taseer with blasphemy.

Police declined to comment, and a copy of the police report on the complaint did not mention Shaan Taseer by name.

The police report made a reference to the Christmas message and opened an investigation under the blasphemy laws Section 295-A, which bans hate speech against any religion.

However, Sunni Tehreek has threatened mass street protests unless the younger Taseer is charged under Section 295-C — blasphemy against Islam or the Holy Prophet (pbuh).

Sunni Tehreek leader Mujahid Abdur Rasool said the group was in negotiations with the government over the case.

“When we gave them a warning for protests, a delegation of Punjab government met us today,” Rasool said, adding they had set a deadline of Tuesday for police to meet their demands.

He said Sunni Tehreek was not calling for Taseer’s murder, only his prosecution and eventual execution.

Punjab government officials could not be reached for comment.

More than 200 people were charged under blasphemy laws in 2015 — many of them Christians, who make up one per cent of the population.

At least 65 people, including lawyers, defendants and judges, have been murdered over blasphemy allegations since 1990, according to figures from a Centre for Research and Security Studies report and local media

Well that is what is going on.,  that is how  Islam works .,  in fact  that is how ISLAM WORKING SINCE THE DAY FIRST PROPHET OF ISLAM ( I call preacher of Islam) died/murdered..

It is written all over Chronological History of Islam

• Previous page 1 ... 11 12 13« Previous thread | Next thread »