Examples of unintelligent design:
- Some mothers are unable to give birth to a child in the natural way. They must undergo a c-section in order to save the life of the infant and their own life as well.
- Ectopic pregnancy. A complication of pregnancy, when the fertilized egg settles outside of the uterus.
- Childhood pregnancy.
- Münchausen syndrome by proxy. Mothers cause injury or illness to their children, in order to gain attention or some other benefit.
- Babies with Harlequin type ichthyosis.
- Meningococcal disease.
- Anencephaly disorder.
- Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS.)
- Conjoined twins.
- Defective vitamin C biosynthesis. One defective gene prevents the production of an enzyme which is required for synthesizing the vitamin C molecule.
- Lack of photolyase. It's an enzyme that repairs damage caused to a cell's DNA by exposure to ultraviolet light. Almost all animals possess it, except for mammals.
- Sadistic personality disorder. Some people are truly unable to feel remorse or empathy towards others.
- Alexithymia and Agnosia in general. Some people are unable to experience love.
- The structure of the human eye. Nerves and blood vessels don't lie behind the surface of the retina.
- Flightless birds have vestigial wings. Sometimes they can still have a function, like in the case of penguins that use their wings as flippers, but in the case of kiwis the wings formed back to little, useless stubs.
- There are cave crayfish which have eye stalks, but no eyes atop them.
- Some wasp species are parasitic. They can only procreate by inserting their own eggs into the larvae of other species.
- The route of the recurrent laryngeal nerve in the giraffe. See: a dissection of a giraffe on YouTube, where the extra-long nerve cord is shown.
95:4: We have indeed created man in the best of moulds.