Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Adam and Eve in Islam.

(Read 5886 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Adam and Eve in Islam.
     Reply #30 - December 24, 2011, 11:57 PM

Quran copied the Bible which copied from the Old Testament which was made by the Jews. And with each version it was changed to suit the whoever. The Jews also believe that God knew that Adam was going to take the fruit and this is all part of his master plan.  Roll Eyes

I personally believe the whole story is BS. Logically you can't punish someone who does not know what is bad and what is good. It would be like beating a 2 year old for breaking a glass. It's cruel.

Second if God knew all this was going to happen, it was completely pointless. If man was meant to have free-will God would have just given it to them and just sent them to earth. No need for this whole snake forbidden fruit BS.

Also I don't believe God created the Garden of Eden, because if Adam and Eve were NOT meant to eat the fruit, God would have made it so, instead of putting it in plain site then punishing them.

ALSO! God was a liar when the snake told the truth. Since when does Satan tells the truth? How is the snake made out to be the enemy in all this? If 1. It was meant to happen. AND 2. The snake did not lie to Eve, he tempted her yes, but for their benefit to not be sheep to God.

The whole story of Genesis is not logical at all. And then when you say this, the obvious response, i well it was all meant to happen and God knows best.

In the Quran it doesn't say that the the fruit contained knowledge of good and evil, in the Quran doesn't say anything at all about that, that is the whole point cuz in the Quran Adam and Eve supposedly knew what is good and what is evil but they still tried the fruit.

in the quran it doesn't even say that god threatened them that they will die or be sent on earth if they eat it, it just says if they eat it they will be among the wrongdoers and Adam and Eve knew what is bad and what is good.

Reply #31 - December 25, 2011, 12:27 AM

Quran copied the Bible which copied from the Old Testament which was made by the Jews.   -- incorrect, they copied the Jews directly... read up on geography and disputes at the time, one could argue that Islam really just started out as a sect of Judaism which was then reject by the Jews hence the intense hatred between the religions

I'd always thought Christianity was a sect of Judaism that was rejected by the Jews. Wasn't Jesus sent down for the jews? And had a hand in his death? I think this 'hatred' of jews is rather overblown when you look at facts. Jews fared much better under islam/east  than christianity/west.  

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #32 - December 25, 2011, 01:59 AM

Well after reading two pages on Adam and Eve in Islam., I learned everything except the verses from Quran .. so let me put them here..
    2:31  And He imparted unto Adam the names of all things;  then He brought them within the ken of the angels and said: "Declare unto Me the names of these [things], if what you say is true.

2:33 Said He: "O Adam, convey unto them the names of these [things]." And as soon as [Adam] had conveyed unto them their names, [God] said: "Did I not say unto you, `Verily, I alone know the hidden reality of the heavens and the earth, and know all that you bring into the open and all. that you would conceal'?"

2:34 And when We told the angels, "Prostrate yourselves before Adam!"  -they all prostrated themselves, save Iblis, who refused and gloried in his arrogance: and thus he became one of those who deny the truth.

2:35  And We said: "O Adam, dwell thou and thy wife in this garden,   and eat freely thereof, both of you, whatever you may wish; but do not approach this one tree, lest you become wrongdoers."  

2:37 Thereupon Adam received words [of guidance] from his Sustainer, and He accepted his repentance: for, verily, He alone is the-Acceptor of Repentance, the Dispenser of Grace. -

3:33   BEHOLD, God raised Adam, and Noah, and the House of Abraham, and the House of `Imran above all mankind,

3:59     Verily, in the sight of God, the nature of Jesus is as the nature of Adam, whom He created out of dust and then said unto him, "Be" - and he is

5:27     AND CONVEY unto them, setting forth the truth, the story of the two sons of Adam   -how each offered a sacrifice, and it was accepted from one of them whereas it was not accepted from the other. [And Cain] said: "I will surely slay thee!" [Abel] replied: "Behold, God accepts only from those who are conscious of Him.

7:11     Yea, indeed, We have created you, and then formed you;   and then We said unto the angels, "Prostrate yourselves before Adam!" - whereupon they [all] prostrated themselves, save Iblis: he was not among those who prostrated themselves

7:19     And [as for thee], O Adam', dwell thou and thy wife in this garden, and eat, both of you, whatever you may wish; but do not approach this one tree, lest you become evildoers!"

7:26  O CHILDREN of Adam! Indeed, We have bestowed upon you from on high  the knowledge of making] garments to cover your nakedness, and as a thing of beauty:   but the garment of God-consciousness is the best of all. Herein lies a message from God, so that man”   might take it to heart.

7:27 O children of Adam! Do not allow Satan to seduce you in the same way as he caused your ancestors to be driven out of the garden: he deprived them of their garment [of God-consciousness] in order to make them aware of their nakedness. Verily, he and his tribe are lying in wait for you where you cannot perceive them!  Verily, We have placed [all manner of] satanic forces near unto those who do not [truly] believe;

7:31  O CHILDREN of Adam! Beautify yourselves  for every act of worship, and eat and drink [freely], but do not waste: verily, He does not love the wasteful! -

7:35   O CHILDREN of Adam! Whenever there come unto you apostles of your own, conveying My messages unto you, then all who are conscious of Me and live righteously - no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve;

7:172   AND WHENEVER thy Sustainer brings forth their offspring from the loins of the children of Adam, He [thus] calls upon them to bear witness about themselves: "Am I not your Sustainer?" - to which they answer: "Yea, indeed, we do bear witness thereto!"   Of this We remind you,] lest you say on the Day of Resurrection, "Verily, we were unaware of this"

9:73  O PROPHET! Strive hard against the deniers of the truth and the hypocrites, and be Adamant with them.  And [if they do not repent,  their goal shall be hell -and how vile a journey's end!

9:123    O you who have attained to faith! Fight against those deniers of the truth who are near you, and let them find you Adamant ;  and know that .God is with those who are conscious of Him.

17:61   AND LO! We said unto the angels, "Prostrate yourselves before Adam"-whereupon they all prostrated themselves, save Iblis.  Said he: "Shall I prostrate myself before one whom Thou hast created out of clay?"

17:70  NOW, INDEED, We have conferred dignity on the children of Adam,   and borne them over land and sea, and provided for them sustenance out of the good things of life, and favoured them far above most of Our creation:

18:50   AND [remember that] when We told the angels, "Prostrate yourselves before Adam,"  they all prostrated themselves, save Iblis: he [too] was one of those invisible beings,  but then he turned away from his Sustainer's command. Will you, then, take him and his cohorts  for (your], masters instead of Me, although they are your foe? How vile an exchange on the evildoers' part!

19:58    THESE WERE some of the prophets upon whom God bestowed His blessings - [prophets] of the seed of Adam and of those whom We caused to be borne [in the ark] with Noah, and of the seed of Abraham and Israel   and [all of them were] among those whom We had guided and elected; [and] whenever the messages of the Most Gracious were conveyed unto them, they would fall down [before Him], prostrating themselves and weeping

20:115   AND, INDEED, long ago did We impose Our commandment on Adam;   but he forgot it, and We found no firmness of purpose in him.

20:116   For [thus it was:] when We told the angels, "Prostrate yourselves before Adam!"- they all prostrated themselves, save Ibis, who refused [to do it];

20:117    and thereupon We said: "O Adam! Verily, this is a foe unto thee and thy wife: so let him not drive the two of you out of this garden and render thee unhappy.

20:120   But Satan whispered unto him, saying: "O Adam! Shall I lead thee to the tree of life eternal; and [thus] to a kingdom that will never decay?"

20:121   And so the two ate [of the fruit] thereof: and thereupon they became conscious of their nakedness and began to cover themselves with pieced-together leaves from the garden. And [thus] did Adam disobey his Sustainer, and thus did he fall into grievous error.

36:60    Did I not enjoin on you, O you children of Adam, that you should not worship Satan – since, verily, he is your open foe

66:9  O PROPHET! Strive hard against the deniers of the truth and the hypocrites, and be Adamant with them.  And [if they do not repent,] their goal shall be hell - and how vile a journey’s end!

So those are the 28 verse that you see Adam  in Quran .. So read it and make some sense out of those verses..

Now did you guys know that "Eve" was not mentioned in Quran by name??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #33 - December 25, 2011, 11:00 AM

Yes Eve is not mentioned in the Quran but it doesn't say they couldn't tell right from wrong in paradise and I see God didn't threaten them here with death or whatever, he just told them that they will be among wrongdoers, I guess it was Adam's and his wife's personal choice to choose this thing and eat the fruit but I wonder if they knew what will happen to them if they do so.

Reply #34 - December 25, 2011, 04:41 PM

I'd always thought Christianity was a sect of Judaism that was rejected by the Jews. Wasn't Jesus sent down for the jews? And had a hand in his death? I think this 'hatred' of jews is rather overblown when you look at facts. Jews fared much better under islam/east  than christianity/west.  

sent down? well, that's assuming there is a god to begin with... but moving away from mythology, I think both are simply off-shoot sects of Judaism just by looking at the facts.  By the time Islam rolled around, Christianity had moved on from North Africa and was no longer exclusive to it... while Judiasm still stayed firmly rooted in that region.   

Why put hatred in quotes? Man, anyone raised into Islam knows that hate is real.  Raised from birth to hate Jews and I've seen the hate sent back from the other side too.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #35 - December 25, 2011, 04:55 PM

Yes Eve is not mentioned in the Quran but it doesn't say they couldn't tell right from wrong in paradise and I see God didn't threaten them here with death or whatever, he just told them that they will be among wrongdoers, I guess it was Adam's and his wife's personal choice to choose this thing and eat the fruit but I wonder if they knew what will happen to them if they do so.

again.. WHO are they and where did they come from?   Cheesy

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #36 - December 25, 2011, 05:58 PM

Yes Eve is not mentioned in the Quran but it doesn't say they couldn't tell right from wrong in paradise and I see God didn't threaten them here with death or whatever, he just told them that they will be among wrongdoers, .......................

From  which verse of Quran did you get that sturmgewehr?

Reply #37 - December 25, 2011, 06:09 PM

@ yeezevee

from the ones u posted.

again.. WHO are they and where did they come from?   Cheesy

I think that referred to satan or the Jins who existed before humans on earth and had free will and probably sinned a lot.

Reply #38 - December 25, 2011, 06:36 PM

I think that referred to satan or the Jins who existed before humans on earth and had free will and probably sinned a lot.

First of all... Im getting so damned sick and tired that e1 thinks
    ALL jinns are bad!   finmad  They are not!  There's some very very good
    ones too!   Cheesy

and then WHY is shaytan even around any more?  why didnt allah pinch
    his head off to begin with?  Again, a perfect god creating imperfect beings
    makes no sense.  A very cruel game of chance methinks.  But hi ho!  Man
    gets to bear the brunt of allah's screwups (shaytan et al) 

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #39 - December 25, 2011, 06:43 PM

@ J&T:

I don't know, the whole point is that God wanted humans to have free will and sincere and true worship only comes from free will or creatures that have free will.

yes some Jins were good but some were bad and normally when god referred to wrongdoers would refer to bad Jins to the ones that sinned.

I think Adam would already have known what right or wrong is or at least would have known that not doing what God tells u what to do is bad since he witnessed how Satan was punished for not obeying God.

Reply #40 - December 25, 2011, 07:03 PM

@ yeezevee

from the ones u posted.

Oh I see you are talking about that
    2:35  And We said: "O Adam, dwell thou and thy wife in this garden,   and eat freely thereof, both of you, whatever you may wish; but do not approach this one tree, lest you become wrongdoers."  

finmad but  you are NOT reading 002.036 and 2:0037 sturmgewehr  finmad., Single word, or few words in a verse or even one verse is NOT the way to read Quran .. ., You must read 3 or 4 verses above and below the verse of your interest .. So as a punishment you read this also sturmgewehr

002.036: But the Shaitan made them both fall from it, and caused them to depart from that (state) in which they were; and We said: Get forth, some of you being the enemies of others, and there is for you in the earth an abode and a provision for a time.

: Then Adam received (some) words from his Lord, so He turned to him mercifully; surely He is Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.

So hence God forgives even WRONG doers 1).  if they are Prophets 2). if they repent ..

My good friend Mr. Adams and his wife Eve although did  wrong doing.. they repented it hence they were forgiven..

So...so.. repent sturmgewehr for all the insults you are throwing at Quran.. You will be forgiven., Other wise no jannah no houries  and no honey rivers for you... repent ... repent ... repent ... repent

Reply #41 - December 25, 2011, 07:10 PM

but satan is still around.. so are jinns. the bad ones  Cheesy

this video is NOT for those who are freighted easily!  
    (yes, freighted)  its also rated M for Muslim content

and it speaks in French!  ITS A MIRACLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Ycg2X6J6I

Helen Keller
     Reply #42 - December 25, 2011, 07:16 PM

@ yeezevee:

yeah I know how the Quran should be read cuz the context might follow in the following verse or was in the previous verse.

I am still trying to cope with what you are saying.

Well Adam and Eve repent and God forgave them which shows he is merciful, isn't it ?

I don't see anything wrong there for the moment.

but satan is still around.. so are jinns. the bad ones  Cheesy

this video is NOT for those who are freighted easily!  
    (yes, freighted)  its also rated M for Muslim content

and it speaks in French!  ITS A MIRACLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Ycg2X6J6I

I will watch the video now.

Yes Satan and Jins are around, Satan is probably around cuz God gave him time till the day of judgement plus if there is no Satan who is gonna tempt people ??

Jins are around and so are we, Jins will go when we go too in the last day of times and they will as well be judged just like us.

I don't get ur point though.

Reply #43 - December 25, 2011, 07:19 PM

arrrghhh for fuck's sake with the video.

How do I know that shit is real and not improvisation ?

Reply #44 - December 26, 2011, 04:27 PM

So that is how easy you people gave up on me ??

Reply #45 - December 26, 2011, 05:19 PM

@ yeezevee:

yeah I know how the Quran should be read cuz the context might follow in the following verse or was in the previous verse.

I am still trying to cope with what you are saying.

Well Adam and Eve repent and God forgave them which shows he is merciful, isn't it ?

I don't see anything wrong there for the moment.

You got that right sturmgewehr., and I too don't see anything wrong , except the usage of the word "HE" here

The usage of the word "He" for  God by these believers should be banned ., In fact I think They should be fined and jailed....

Other wise I agree with you  sturmgewehr., don't get confused with what I am saying sturmgewehr. My words are specific to the board and to the member. Off course some times I mess up..lol

Reply #46 - December 28, 2011, 08:52 PM

7:19. And "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat from wherever you will but do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."

Why Adam and His wife were sent to paradise first and not directly to earth ? just for the whole drama to take place ? and what about the verse 2:30 which says he is creating his vicegerent on earth

7:24. [Allah] said, "Descend, being to one another enemies. And for you on the earth is a place of settlement and enjoyment [i.e., provision] for a time."

What is meant by settlement and enjoyment ,  because earth is a place for test ??

7:25. He said, "Therein you will live, and therein you will die, and from it you will be brought forth."

if Adam and His wife would not have eaten the fruit , there would be no life and death ?...and if god wanted to create life and death , why all this drama ?

7:27. O children of Adam, let not Satan tempt you as he removed your parents from Paradise, stripping them of their clothing to show them their private parts. Indeed, he sees you, he and his tribe, from where you do not see them. Indeed, We have made the devils allies to those who do not believe.

Unlike christianity, islam believe that Adam and His wife were not sent to earth as punishment....but why allah said in 7:27 that let not Satan tempt you as he removed your parents from Paradise ...... doesn't it show that adam and his wife were removed from paradise for eating the forbidden fruit and obviously as a punishment ? If not why they were sent "after" eating the forbidden fruit ? ...if they had to be sent to earth ,  why not directly ?

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 4:621, Narrated Abu Huraira
    Allah's Apostle   said, "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam, 'You are Adam whose mistake expelled you from Paradise.' Adam said to him, 'You are Moses whom Allah selected as His Messenger and as the one to whom He spoke directly; yet you blame me for a thing which had already been written in my fate before my creation?' " Allah's Apostle   said twice, "So, Adam overpowered Moses."

doesn't this hadith shows that adam did not have free will and allah wrote this in his fate ?

Disbelief doesn't justify getting tortured in eternal hell
     Reply #47 - December 29, 2011, 03:17 PM

Azdaha ExMuslim   answers to all of your questions above.
    cuz allah is a drama queen and attention whore.  He has
    to be the center of EVERYTHING or he will get pissed off
    and start his killing and mayhem until his human peons
    get back with the program of prostrating and wimpering
    again.

Helen Keller
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »