Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Does Satan know that God is not that powerful?

(Read 4010 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Does Satan know that God is not that powerful?
     OP - April 23, 2010, 01:19 PM

From a religious prespective:

I was wondering if Satan (Shaytan) knows that Allah or God is not that powerful. Becasue if he was living near him up in the heavens since eternity, and saw how strong and almighty he was would he dare to disobay him? If I were him, I wouldn't unless I know that he is not that powerful.

• Re: Does Satan know that God is not that powerful?
     Reply #1 - April 23, 2010, 01:31 PM

Quote from: Mikhail Bakunin
    But here steps in Satan, the eternal rebel, the first freethinker and the emancipator of worlds. He makes man ashamed of his bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates him, stamps upon his brow the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging him to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge.

--God and the State

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #2 - April 23, 2010, 01:57 PM

I have had a similar line of thought before.

It's also interesting to compare Satan with someone who speaks out against or stands up to a totalitarian dictatorship. They are instantly labeled as "evil liars" and other things by the government, much like Satan is in the Bible. Maybe we aren't getting the full story here.  Wink

Bukhari 62:142 - Narrated Anas bin Malik:
       The Prophet used to pass by (have sexual relation with) all his wives in one night, and at that time he had nine wives.
     Reply #3 - April 23, 2010, 02:18 PM

LOL so is it safe to say that Satan was the first ever apostate?

Reply #4 - April 23, 2010, 02:20 PM

Speaking of the tree of knowledge. Is it just in the Bible that the forbidden tree was the tree of knowledge (of good and evil you may add) or is it also in the Qur'an/Hadith? As far as I remember the tree was just forbidden and it wasn't specified why it was.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #5 - April 23, 2010, 03:39 PM

According to the myth the gist of it is as follows:-

Satan's "sin" is not that of apostasy because he believes in the existence of God. His sin is the one of arrogance and rebellion. Techinically, the reason his sin is such an enormity is that the arrogance was committed in divine presence. Whereas the muslim etc commits the sin in the "belief" that God is watching him, which gives the believer the impetus to ask for forgiveness "until" his death. If he persists in that until his death (such as apostasy) then there is no forgiveness.

Satan's amnesty or his request is that he should be kept alive in order to beguille the seed of Adam and lead them astray from the straight path. This can take many forms and usually has to do with whispering suggestions to the believer in which he violates some of the prohibitions that God has invoked. Now the question has nothing to do with whether or not the prohibition in itself makes sense, but has more to do with the willingness of the believer to submit to the prohibition and restrain himself from violating it. The job of Satan is to merely suggest not coerce. What Satan is trying to demonstrate is that the seed of Adam by it's very nature is ungrateful and that it won't be thankful to it's Lord.
     Reply #6 - April 23, 2010, 04:16 PM

According to the Shia doomsday mythology as I read in the Urdu language book "Chowda Sitarey" (Fourteen Stars) that was compiled by many renowned Shia scholars and ulema from the Indo-Pak region half a century or so back, Satan will be defeated and then slaughtered by the 12 Imam at the banks of the River Euphrates in Iraq after the final battle between good and evil.

They just HAD to make the whole Karbala issue reach ridiculous levels didnt they?  Roll Eyes

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #7 - April 23, 2010, 04:18 PM

According to the Shia doomsday mythology as I read in the Urdu language book "Chowda Sitarey" (Fourteen Stars) that was compiled by many renowned Shia scholars and ulema from the Indo-Pak region half a century or so back, Satan will be defeated and then slaughtered by the 12 Imam at the banks of the River Euphrates in Iraq after the final battle between good and evil.

Would make a good battle scene in a movie though.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #8 - April 23, 2010, 04:32 PM

Satan and Allah in Islam are the same thing. He's just trying to mess with people's heads.

There are a number of verses the hint towards this. Satan misleads people, Allah misleads people. Satan wants people to go to Hell, Allah says 'I will fill Hell with men and Jinn.' Satan says he will make misguidance look good to people, Allah says he makes wordly and misleading things pleasing to people.

Allah says in hadith al-qudsi 19 that he will cast into the hellfire those who compete with him in regards to pride and greatness.

Hm, which one is more of an asshole...
     Reply #9 - April 23, 2010, 04:49 PM

what is happening here??

Allah/Satan.. God/Satan..  asshole.. ass/hole

well make  one as ass and  other one as hole..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #10 - April 23, 2010, 05:58 PM

Would make a good battle scene in a movie though.

LOL..... Lord of the rings style?

Reply #11 - April 23, 2010, 06:08 PM

From a religious prespective:

I was wondering if Satan (Shaytan) knows that Allah or God is not that powerful. Becasue if he was living near him up in the heavens since eternity, and saw how strong and almighty he was would he dare to disobay him? If I were him, I wouldn't unless I know that he is not that powerful.

(Clicky for piccy!)

The whole story of God, Satan and Adam and Eve in the garden also - just make God sound human and far from an almighty Omniscient and Omnipotent supreme being.

I mean what's with the 'you can have everything but don't eat from that tree' all about - what a pathetic stupid tease God is.
     Reply #12 - April 23, 2010, 06:11 PM

And as someone (can't remember who) pointed out - if they didn't have knowledge of good/evil right/wrong - then they didn't know it was wrong to disobey god and eat from that tree (That he pointed out to them - knowing they were curious creatures - because he fucking made them that way)

Pile of shit - all of it!

Satan is such a funny character - so obviously man-made bogey man!
     Reply #13 - April 23, 2010, 06:13 PM

LOL..... Lord of the rings style?

Yeah, exactly like that! Or from The Mummy  Grin

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #14 - April 23, 2010, 07:04 PM

Obviously God, at least Satan actually tries to do things himself instead of sitting around and letting his followers do all the work for him.
     Reply #15 - April 23, 2010, 07:54 PM

what is happening here??

Allah/Satan.. God/Satan..  asshole.. ass/hole

well make  one as ass and  other one as hole..

Haha! Yes, Mr. Yeezevee.

Obviously God, at least Satan actually tries to do things himself instead of sitting around and letting his followers do all the work for him.

Yeah. That and Satan doesn't torture people forever for not kissing his ass.  Smiley
     Reply #16 - April 23, 2010, 08:06 PM

And as someone (can't remember who) pointed out - if they didn't have knowledge of good/evil right/wrong - then they didn't know it was wrong to disobey god and eat from that tree (That he pointed out to them - knowing they were curious creatures - because he fucking made them that way)

Pile of shit - all of it!

Satan is such a funny character - so obviously man-made bogey man!

Yeah, Hass, that was nice analysis. I never thought of it that way.  Afro

Reply #17 - April 23, 2010, 08:27 PM

I sense stirrings of satan-worship. Shall we commemorate him?

Sigh, that would be a good public-holiday. I think I could avoid admitting that any of it is actually real.

[/sarcasm] Smiley

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #18 - April 23, 2010, 08:34 PM

No satan was the best of the worshippers.  He just did now want to bow down to men - he just had pride issues.  Understandably, he was further down the the evolutionary chain with a tail, pointy ears, full set of incisors and all.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - April 23, 2010, 08:41 PM

I sense stirrings of satan-worship. Shall we commemorate him?

OMG, I am a closet satan worshiper, and I did not know it!  mysmilie_977

Reply #20 - April 23, 2010, 10:46 PM

OMG, I am a closet satan worshiper, and I did not know it!  mysmilie_977

That didn't rhyme, Dr. Seuss.  finmad

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »