Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: hi to all

(Read 19497 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: hi to all
     Reply #30 - April 18, 2010, 02:17 PM

Thanks for your welcome Moealharbi. You have asked very good questions and  I will try to answer them honestly.

1. If I was born in another family of a different faith, would I still convert to Islam? Or would I see my birth-faith as the one true religion?
    answer: If i was born in another religion, I would probably reject islam as true religion.

2. If predestination is true, then how is it fair that some people are destined to die on another faith than Islam? How does this explain our freedom to choose what to believe?

answer: predestination has different meanings for different theists. For many it doesn't stop man's freedom to choose.

3. If the ideal 'perfectly good' person were to exist, and died not believing in Islam, would it be fair to send that person to hell?
    answer: No, it isn't fair. Its very wrong

4. Punishment in hell is forever, try to imagine how long "forever" is.

answer: Burning people forever in hell is wrong even if they are criminals.

What you think of those and similar beliefs in Religion? Do you think they are good, fair or right? What would you think of the god of Islam (his character traits) if you were looking at him as an outsider?
     Reply #31 - April 18, 2010, 02:24 PM

2. If predestination is true, then how is it fair that some people are destined to die on another faith than Islam? How does this explain our freedom to choose what to believe?

This was a question that troubled me throughout the many years I was a practising Muslim and it never made sense.

The usual answer I got was:

"Allah knows but we don't know - therefore we are making our choices freely."

But the fact we don't know doesn't mean we have free-will and still doesn't answer the question of how we could in fact behave any differently than the way were created to behave.

The creations of an all-knowing and all-powerful God (as described in Islam) can only ever be exactly what he made them to be. Their very creation, genes, mind and every tiny cell is all determined - their childhood, socialization, environment, and every tiny detail is all determined. The choices they make have been written and decided upon even before they were created by a God who knows everything.

The only way we could have freewill if God was to have created us without knowing what we would do, without knowing how we would turn out. But how can a God who knows every tiny detail and has absolute and complete power, not know how his creation will turn out - not know how they will behave - or not have planned it so?
     Reply #32 - April 18, 2010, 02:38 PM

It troubled me as a muslim too.

Although recently I came to a standstill with this after a debate with someone I know.  

It goes like this..  Allah doesnt control what we do so we still have free-will, he just knows what our choices will be.    I dont think you can argue with this stance.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #33 - April 18, 2010, 02:41 PM

Yes, you can argue with that stance because it doesn't make sense (and is what I was always told too!)

The problem is how can God not control what we do? That means his creation has the capacity to act in ways he did not intend them to act?

You see what Allah intends/wills equates with control.
     Reply #34 - April 18, 2010, 02:43 PM

Yes, that's what I was always told, but that doesn't make sense.

How can God not control what we do? That means his creation has the capacity to act in ways he did not intend them to act?

There was never any intention, just hope
    How can that be?

Because he gave them free-will

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #35 - April 18, 2010, 02:47 PM

There was never any intention, just hopeBecause he gave them free-will

Nope, that cannot be so for an Omniscient and Omnipotent God.

If you say there was "no intention just hope" - then you are saying God did not know how we would turn out and what we would do - and that would mean he is not Omniscient nor Omnipotent.
     Reply #36 - April 18, 2010, 03:22 PM

hiya and welcome... victory
     Reply #37 - April 18, 2010, 03:24 PM

Agreed - but the assumption made here is that he did know.  

The proceeding "Why/What was the point" question is met with a shoulder shrug.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #38 - April 18, 2010, 03:33 PM

Well that is a must for an Omniscient God.
     Reply #39 - April 18, 2010, 03:46 PM

Why do I get the feeling you've done this before  Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #40 - April 18, 2010, 03:54 PM

The proceeding "Why/What was the point" question is met with a shoulder shrug.

Could be even worse than that.
    If God knows then why doesn't God do something about it?
    Doesn't God care?
     Reply #41 - April 18, 2010, 03:57 PM

Why do I get the feeling you've done this before  Wink

lol... like I say it is question that always troubled me  grin12
     Reply #42 - April 18, 2010, 03:59 PM

Could be even worse than that.
    If God knows then why doesn't God do something about it?
    Doesn't God care?

Worse than that a judge who knows a crime is to be committed and has the power to stop it but does nothing is at least partly guilty. To then then excessively punish the culprit - and then demand he be praised for all this - is beyond belief!
     Reply #43 - April 18, 2010, 04:05 PM

lol... like I say it is question that always troubled me  grin12

Me too - but I never got to the bottom of it as the argument always got stuck on the omnicient question, rather than the free-will one (like we just did)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #44 - April 18, 2010, 04:07 PM

Worse than that a judge who knows a crime is to be committed and has the power to stop it but does nothing is at least partly guilty. To then then excessively punish the culprit - and then demand he be praised for all this - is beyond belief!

Spoken like a true apostate Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #45 - April 18, 2010, 04:11 PM

What you think of those and similar beliefs in Religion? Do you think they are good, fair or right? What would you think of the god of Islam (his character traits) if you were looking at him as an outsider?

i think concept of  eternal hell and merciful God is absurd in some religions. If i read Quran as an outsider, i would consider Him very cruel and sadist.
     Reply #46 - April 18, 2010, 04:17 PM

If i read Quran as an outsider, i would consider Him very cruel and sadist.

So how do you get around this issue?
    I mean you can surely see that Allah seems to be a psychotic/psychopathic monster - if Quran is true that is.
     Reply #47 - April 18, 2010, 04:19 PM

To most muslims this question is irrelevent (as it used to be to me)

Whether he is good or bad, problem is he can do what he wants to you.  

He's God & thats that.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #48 - April 18, 2010, 04:22 PM

i think concept of  eternal hell and merciful God is absurd in some religions. If i read Quran as an outsider, i would consider Him very cruel and sadist.

Would you support a say criminal if he possessed these traits? If no, why would you support this god creature?
     Reply #49 - April 18, 2010, 04:23 PM

....and that really is the ultimate question for me! Why did Allah the most Gracious, most Merciful - create me knowing that I would be destined for hell. Then judge me in the hereafter, for crimes He knew I would commit. Then - roast me in hellfire for eternity....

Allah loves me more than any parent loves his/her child. I too have children, and no matter how evil an act they may commit, I would never burn them in fire, heal them, burn them and so on for eternity.....
     Reply #50 - April 18, 2010, 04:24 PM

Would you support a say criminal if he possessed these traits? If no, why would you support this god creature?

God is not like a criminal, he's more like a bouncer deciding if you are allowed in or or not.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #51 - April 18, 2010, 04:26 PM

He is a right twanker then aint he?
     Reply #52 - April 18, 2010, 04:27 PM

God is not like a criminal, he's more like a bouncer deciding if you are allowed in or or not.

I think Allah is more like a sadist - Josef Fritzl style.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #53 - April 18, 2010, 04:29 PM

....and that really is the ultimate question for me! Why did Allah the most Gracious, most Merciful - create me knowing that I would be destined for hell. Then judge me in the hereafter, for crimes He knew I would commit. Then - roast me in hellfire for eternity....

Allah loves me more than any parent loves his/her child. I too have children, and no matter how evil an act they may commit, I would never burn them in fire, heal them, burn them and so on for eternity.....

Like I said - Allah is really creepy. He is a sadistic torturing serial killer type of creepiness. The kind that locks his children in dungeons, and tortures them, whilst demanding they spend their lives telling him how much they love and fear him.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #54 - April 18, 2010, 04:31 PM

I take my words back, he is in fact a criminal.  If you look at the number of human rights offences he is in breach off.  Destroying Lots town, ethnic cleansing in pre-islamic Arabia, giving the nod to Mohammeds under-age marriage, barbaric torture in hell etc.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #55 - April 18, 2010, 04:36 PM

yeh you are right. Nobody should support such kind of God and i don't want to support any God that is cruel.
     Reply #56 - April 18, 2010, 04:37 PM

There is ye answer then my love.
     Reply #57 - April 18, 2010, 04:40 PM

And by the way, welcome to the board, hope you have fun and  thnkyu for your reasonableness.
     Reply #58 - April 18, 2010, 04:50 PM

There is ye answer then my love.

Thanks for your support lily. I want to say what i feel and think but I'm still afraid to share my thoughts. I don't know why?
     Reply #59 - April 18, 2010, 04:53 PM

It takes time my friend to break free from a lifetime of indoctrination.  It took my a long long time to finally muster up the courage to say I was no longer a muslim.  And that was in reaction to constant badgering from a muslim about why I felt it necessary to change the meaning of the Quran as it was perfect.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »