Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Does this bother you in the slightest?
  • Yes - 4 (25%)
  • No - 4 (25%)
  • A bit - 4 (25%)
  • Don't care/unsure/bla/bleh/meh ... - 4 (25%)
  • Total Voters: 16

Topic: Samantha Cameron drinking while pregnant

(Read 6237 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Samantha Cameron drinking while pregnant
     OP - April 17, 2010, 12:31 AM

Photos taken the day before yesterday:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/election10/2010/04/finally-the-leaders-debate.html#tp

It bothers me a bit because I do think drinking while pregnant is slightely risky. NHS websites are full of advise for women not to drink while pregnant.
    http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/917.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=130 http://www.drinking.nhs.uk/health-risk/pregnancy/

However at the same time I do need to mention that the evidence isn't clear cut and there has been some research suggesting light drinking isn't bad for the child:
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/08010/08103101
  • Re: Samantha Cameron drinking while pregnant
     Reply #1 - April 17, 2010, 01:31 AM

I think it's wrong, but I couldn't care less. It's none of my business anyway. I hope this hurts David Cameron though. The twat.
     Reply #2 - April 17, 2010, 09:33 AM

No judgement, much like anything in life, it's about how you do it.

There is nothing wrong with the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy.

You don;t see anyone gasping in horror at a woman eating liver during her pregnancy, and yet eating too much liver is bad as it contains very high levels of the retinol form of vitamin A, which can be harmful to your developing baby, particularly in the first trimester.

Nor do they gasp when any of these foods are seen in the hands of a pregnant mother:

• Raw meat such as sushi, seafood, rare or uncooked beef, or poultry because of the risk of contamination with coliform bacteria, toxoplasmosis, and salmonella.

Raw eggs, or foods containing raw egg such as Caesar dressing, mayonnaise, homemade ice cream or custard, unpasteurized eggnog, or Hollandaise sauce because raw eggs may be contaminated with salmonella.

Soft cheese such as blue cheese, feta, Brie, Camambert, and Latin-American soft white cheeses such as queso blanco and queso fresco because they may harbor harmful bacteria.

Fish containing accumulated levels of mercury in their fatty tissues such as shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish. When a pregnant woman consumes large amounts of mercury, her baby may suffer brain damage resulting in developmental delays (for example, delays in learning to walk or talk).

Fish containing high levels of an industrial pollutant called polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in their fatty tissues such as bluefish and striped bass, and freshwater fish such as salmon, pike, trout, walleye from contaminated lakes and rivers. According to the March of Dimes, consumption of large amounts of PCBs by pregnant women is linked to decreased attention, memory, and IQ in their babies. Check with your local Health Department to determine which fish in your area are safe to eat.
    http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/nutritioninpregn/a/aaabavoidfood.htm

Wink

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #3 - April 17, 2010, 09:53 AM

It was probably drinking to much that got here preggers in the first place.Could you do David Cameron sober ?

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #4 - April 17, 2010, 09:56 AM

It was probably drinking to much that got here preggers in the first place.Could you do David Cameron sober ?

Cheesy

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #5 - April 17, 2010, 05:18 PM

No judgement, much like anything in life, it's about how you do it.

There is nothing wrong with the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy.

You don;t see anyone gasping in horror at a woman eating liver during her pregnancy, and yet eating too much liver is bad as it contains very high levels of the retinol form of vitamin A, which can be harmful to your developing baby, particularly in the first trimester.

Nor do they gasp when any of these foods are seen in the hands of a pregnant mother:

Wink

Yikes, ok points taken!  Afro
     Reply #6 - April 17, 2010, 05:32 PM

It does bother me a bit because it sets a bad example.  I don't think it's wrong for a pregnant woman to have the occasional glass of wine but otoh, having been there myself I know how annoying it is to have people always telling you what you can and can't eat or drink plus me saying it's not okay to drink whilst expecting is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black as I continued to smoke while I was pregnant although I did cut down quite a bit during that time.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #7 - April 17, 2010, 05:37 PM

Samantha Cameron drinking while pregnant

I doubt she drank much - it makes no difference to me about my opinion of Cameron (ambivalent).
     Reply #8 - April 17, 2010, 05:42 PM

Meh!  IMO, the Tories are little different to the Republicans in the U.S.  A bunch of elitist stuffed suites who because of their ivory tower mentality are completely divorced from the real world.

New Labour is akin to the Democrats but they have lost the plot!

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #9 - April 17, 2010, 05:45 PM

Having said that I do feel for Cameron for what he went through with his son, Ivan.
     Reply #10 - April 17, 2010, 05:49 PM

Meh!  IMO, the Tories are little different to the Republicans in the U.S.  A bunch of elitist stuffed suites who because of their ivory tower mentality are completely divorced from the real world.

The Tories are very different from Republicans specially in the last decade. This is a good article by Andrew Sullivan:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/andrew_sullivan/article7094282.ece
     Reply #11 - April 18, 2010, 06:48 AM

Yikes, ok points taken!  Afro

Glad to be of service.  Tongue

I only know about the liver one because I had an intense liver craving during all 3 of my pregnancies, and I was only allowed to satisfy it once a week, and even then only because I needed the iron enough for the doctor to think it's benefits outweighed the dangers.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #12 - April 19, 2010, 04:17 PM

Definitely sets a bad example, and it's probably a bad move during this election campaign, but it's her body. But Corona?! Really?!
     Reply #13 - April 19, 2010, 05:11 PM

They're all the same party.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »