Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Banning the Eyebrow

(Read 18482 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Banning the Eyebrow
     OP - April 15, 2010, 08:28 AM

There is much talk about banning the niqqab/burka in public in France (and banning the beard here at COEM) and I wonder; would it be therefore logical to ban the Eyebrow? When I talk about the eyebrow I refer to the big salafi dandruf catching variety given its outward expression of religiosity that comes with it? Cheesy

Like this one:

• Re: Banning the Eyebrow
     Reply #1 - April 15, 2010, 08:30 AM

Yeah definitely. Should be punishable by life imprisonment. I'd advocate the death penalty but we're all sophisticated and new-agey here.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - April 15, 2010, 08:32 AM

I thought so!  Afro  Cheesy

I hope no one gets mad with my thread parody...

Reply #3 - April 15, 2010, 08:45 AM

I thought so!  Afro  Cheesy

I hope no one gets mad with my thread parody...

I for one 100% support it; along with punishment for overweight women who wear lycra tights as pants.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #4 - April 15, 2010, 09:04 AM

OK KY, lets start campaining  dance

Reply #5 - April 15, 2010, 09:04 AM

That goes for people who sport finger nails and toe nails too.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #6 - April 15, 2010, 09:07 AM

Yeah....  cheers here to a society with no beards, no bushy eyebrows, no lycra tights, no long nails...

Reply #7 - April 15, 2010, 09:27 AM

Yeah. And foreskins, hair dos like Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen and strap-on kneecaps.

Reply #8 - April 15, 2010, 09:31 AM

cheers yeah those too.  dance

Reply #9 - April 15, 2010, 10:58 AM

I think we need to formalise our Sharia to ensure that it is consistently enforced; will there be a sliding scale from death penalty to public floggings or just the death penalty on site?

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #10 - April 15, 2010, 11:01 AM

I think we need to get away from the stultifying boredom of dogmatic sharia and introduce a bit of fun and excitement. I propose inventing random horrible punishments and just picking them out of a hat. Or we could use the old wheel of fortune. That tends to televise better. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #11 - April 15, 2010, 12:20 PM

What about burning at the stake?  That went out of fashion for some reason, I think we should stage a revival.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #12 - April 15, 2010, 12:55 PM

A fitting punishment for all those men with HUGE, hairy unibrows:  Force them to have them threaded!  grin12

Same goes for the big, ugly beards.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #13 - April 15, 2010, 01:59 PM

I think we need to get away from the stultifying boredom of dogmatic sharia and introduce a bit of fun and excitement. I propose inventing random horrible punishments and just picking them out of a hat. Or we could use the old wheel of fortune. That tends to televise better. Smiley

LOL..... Os I suspect your other job is screen writing for comedy sitcoms....  Cheesy That was hilarious. How did this escape our one and only old Mohamed (Sala Wala Hala) Cheesy

Reply #14 - April 15, 2010, 05:11 PM

Ban unibrows.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #15 - April 15, 2010, 07:55 PM

I want to put a fatwa on people who as yet dont have an email address and think www. is morse code  finmad

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - April 15, 2010, 08:40 PM

LOL..... Os I suspect your other job is screen writing for comedy sitcoms....  Cheesy That was hilarious. How did this escape our one and only old Mohamed (Sala Wala Hala) Cheesy

We could always fall back on that good old standby, the blindfolded knife thrower.

Reply #17 - April 15, 2010, 08:45 PM

Ban unibrows.

Sorry, but I'm a closet fan of the full caterpillar myself. I'm riveted to the sight of two eyeballs moving back and forth beneath one undulating agent of body language for some reason.

Reply #18 - April 15, 2010, 09:38 PM

I used to have a unibrow. Now I pick it with a pair of tweezers. Of course my Iraqi macho-wannabe friends tell me its girly and stuff. I don't care, I don't wanna be ugly !
     Reply #19 - April 16, 2010, 12:59 AM

I used to have a unibrow. Now I pick it with a pair of tweezers. Of course my Iraqi macho-wannabe friends tell me its girly and stuff. I don't care, I don't wanna be ugly !

To those I ask; what is wrong with preening oneself? all other animals preen oneself to win the opposite sex - why is it suddenly different for humans?

Reply #20 - April 16, 2010, 01:15 AM

Of course when they wear tight shirts and tight jeans and put two pounds of gel it's all manly !
     Reply #21 - April 16, 2010, 01:17 AM

Of course when they wear tight shirts and tight jeans and put two pounds of gel it's all manly !

lol, I hate tight shirts unless they're showing off a guys hot ripped body Smiley I tend to prefer baggy clothes Cheesy

Reply #22 - April 16, 2010, 03:39 AM

My cousins husband ( my jijaji) has a unibrow.  It makes me so upset...but then I see those guys who have really great eyebrows...actually they're better than mine!  That make me equally upset. 

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #23 - April 16, 2010, 06:56 AM

Does any one know what is actually the function of the eyebrow? The eye lashes protects the eye from dust and sand and insects, but WTF does the eyebrow do?

Reply #24 - April 16, 2010, 07:08 AM

Does any one know what is actually the function of the eyebrow? The eye lashes protects the eye from dust and sand and insects, but WTF does the eyebrow do?

When you sweat, it stops it from getting into your eyes.

Reply #25 - April 19, 2010, 07:35 AM

Yeah. And foreskins, hair dos like Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen and strap-on kneecaps.

What's wrong with foreskins?  cool2

Anything that happens happens, anything that in happening causes something else to happen causes something else to happen, and anything that in happening causes itself to happen again, happens again. Although not necessarily in chronological order.

Douglas Adams
     Reply #26 - April 19, 2010, 07:49 AM

Yes... I guess you are right. I never thought of that  Afro

Reply #27 - April 19, 2010, 07:50 AM

What's wrong with foreskins?  cool2

Yeah what is wrong with FS. FS FTW  Afro.... 

not that I have one  Cry

Reply #28 - April 26, 2010, 12:50 AM

I didn't know that. When I go on cardio in the gym, sometimes the sweat drops to my eyes, even though I have eyebrows!!

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #29 - April 26, 2010, 11:23 AM

You just need to grow them. Are you taking your vitamins? I eat vitamin B every day. Just look at my picture: 

cool2

Anything that happens happens, anything that in happening causes something else to happen causes something else to happen, and anything that in happening causes itself to happen again, happens again. Although not necessarily in chronological order.

Douglas Adams
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »