Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Banning the beard

(Read 27138 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Banning the beard
     Reply #30 - April 15, 2010, 09:06 AM

I have to say that I would vehemently against banning beards. Damned if I'm shaving all the time. I can't see that shaving my chin makes any more sense than shaving my balls.

Cheesy

Reply #31 - April 15, 2010, 09:08 AM

Well really, it doesn't. It's just a social convention in some cultures, and those are usually pretty meaningless. I mean it would make just as much sense to shave your legs and grow a beard three feet long.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #32 - April 15, 2010, 10:59 AM

On the issue of hair; you know how Sikh have to cover their hair and thus have a turban; if you're totally bald, does that mean you still have to wear a turban?

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #33 - April 15, 2010, 11:03 AM

Dunno. You'd have to ask a Sikh guru I suppose. I think the answer would be yes.

Reply #34 - April 15, 2010, 11:13 AM

Me, I hate being clean shaven, I like a bit of stubble/scruff Smiley

Me too!
     Reply #35 - April 15, 2010, 11:16 AM

Btw, here is the perfect specimen of what a beard should look like:

Big, bushy and manly - like a beard is meant to look like.

Genetically some people simply can't grow beards like that - they always end up wispy and straggly. Personally I think they shouldn't bother trying to grow a beard if that's the case - but you can't blame them for their genes - nor their fashion sense  grin12
     Reply #36 - April 15, 2010, 11:32 AM

On the issue of hair; you know how Sikh have to cover their hair and thus have a turban; if you're totally bald, does that mean you still have to wear a turban?

I think it is more about not being allowed to cut your hair rather than having to wear a turban. And a turban just keeps all that hair tidy. Not many people are totally bald - even if people are balding on top, they still have hair on the back and sides, and they can grow that long, thus still having a need for a turban.

I'm sure if Duncan Goodhew became a Sikh, he wouldn't have to wear a turban.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #37 - April 15, 2010, 11:38 AM

Genetically some people simply can't grow beards like that - they always end up wispy and straggly. Personally I think they shouldn't bother trying to grow a beard if that's the case - but you can't blame them for their genes - nor their fashion sense  grin12

Its quite funny the number of Muslims I've come across who didn't know that the beard is obligatory for males according to the four madhabs. It is funny the number of Muslims who seem to make up Islam as they go along whilst claiming they're practicing 'true Islam'.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #38 - April 15, 2010, 11:45 AM

It is funny the number of Muslims who seem to make up Islam as they go along whilst claiming they're practicing 'true Islam'.

Yep - they see Islam as they want to see it - I guess you can't blame them for that.
     Reply #39 - April 15, 2010, 11:47 AM

Yep - they see Islam as they want to see it - I guess you can't blame them for that.

Islam, the all compassing identity designed specifically for people who have no concept of national identity.

Reply #40 - April 15, 2010, 12:03 PM

Beards are yuck! vomit
     Reply #41 - April 15, 2010, 12:08 PM

Evolutionarily speaking, you would think that women would find beards sexually attractive, as a beard is a sign of a sexually mature man who could pass on their genes.

One thing a lot of women say is "I like the look of beards but I don't like the feel of them on my face". DO you not even like the look of them on a man's face Peru?

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #42 - April 15, 2010, 12:15 PM

I don't like them at all. They don't look manly to me, just really scruffy and unhygienic. I don't mind stubble but that's as far as it goes. I hate moustaches even more.

Evolution aint that simple Wink
     Reply #43 - April 15, 2010, 12:17 PM

Beards are yuck! vomit

+1.  The look of them, the feel of them, everything about them.  They sort of hint at a general lack of personal hygiene, like a woman with a monobrow, (even though that's unfair on a lot of men with beards, that is the hint they give off to us).

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #44 - April 15, 2010, 12:27 PM

I object to your "lack of personal hygeine" malarkey! A well maintained beard takes a hell of a lot more effort than shaving daily!

I'll show you two pictures of the same man - tell me which one you think is more attractive.

Cheesy

Reply #45 - April 15, 2010, 12:28 PM

Cheesy

It's not about whether it is actually hygienic or not, it's the way it comes cross.
     Reply #46 - April 15, 2010, 12:30 PM

Tell ya what I can't stand: makeup on women. That stuff tastes terrible.  Tongue

Reply #47 - April 15, 2010, 12:34 PM

Kissing a bearded guy always reminded me of kissing a woman's hairy pussy, only with teeth.   Tongue

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #48 - April 15, 2010, 12:36 PM

No, but seriously, beards are annoying when you're trying to make out with your partner.  Can't count the number of times I'd go into the batheroom after having a love session with the hubby to find a HUGE red spot on the side of my face and neck... from his friggin' beard scratching my skin raw!

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #49 - April 15, 2010, 12:38 PM

Kissing a bearded guy always reminded me of kissing a woman's hairy pussy, only with teeth.

Grin

POTW

(Post Of The Week)

Grin

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #50 - April 15, 2010, 12:38 PM

Cheesy

I'm not really into big beards, don't mind a goatee, or the 12 'O' clock shadow (is that right) but that's it.

Large beards remind me of muslim guys, and I don't want to be remined of that.

Yes, I am prejudiced.....i know.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #51 - April 15, 2010, 12:40 PM

What a frightening, startling, repulsive and yet funny and telling image  Grin

God is Love.

Reply #52 - April 15, 2010, 12:41 PM

Well, in my experience, almost every woman I've known has found 12 o'clock shadow, a little bit of stubble, quite sexy. But not nessecarily groomed, just if you forget to shave for a couple of days, they find that quite nice.

God is Love.

Reply #53 - April 15, 2010, 12:42 PM

^^^ yeah, that's the one.  Mannish but not brutish.   dance

Reply #54 - April 15, 2010, 12:44 PM

Its actually called 5 o'clock shadow! 12 o'clock is a bit early!

Reply #55 - April 15, 2010, 12:48 PM

I don't like five o'clock shadow on myself coz it's too scratchy. I usually #4 it (half an inch long). That way it's not scratchy but not over the top either.

Reply #56 - April 15, 2010, 12:49 PM

Grin

POTW

(Post Of The Week)

Grin

Thanks billy!  Afro

Reply #57 - April 15, 2010, 12:50 PM

Just googled, you are right, although I get hits with both 12 and 5, only 5 has a wiki page.

Well, you learn something new everyday.  The other day I learnt a new word.......Antilocution.   Grin 

Reply #58 - April 15, 2010, 12:50 PM

Yeah, I like the 5 o'clock shadow look myself although it's still horribly scratchy when making out.

Reply #59 - April 15, 2010, 12:53 PM

When I think of 5 o'clock shadows I think of this:

• Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »