Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Oh yeah. That.

(Read 8572 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Oh yeah. That.
     OP - April 06, 2010, 12:54 PM

Well we were looking for an extra moderator to keep the screaming hordes under control and Manat was silly enough to agree to take the position.
    This means the rest of us are buggering off to Tahiti for a few weeks and leaving her in the poo.

I'm sure she'll be great.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Oh yeah. That.
     Reply #1 - April 06, 2010, 01:01 PM

Congrats Manat!

I pity you for having to babysit us.
     Reply #2 - April 06, 2010, 01:23 PM

Good to see you in the team, Manat. grin12

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #3 - April 06, 2010, 01:25 PM

Yay Manat  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #4 - April 06, 2010, 01:33 PM

Woohoo! Yay Manat!!

party! Ozonedance banana dance Ozonedance banana dance cheers Punk

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #5 - April 06, 2010, 01:41 PM

Congratulations :*

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #6 - April 06, 2010, 01:42 PM

That's commitment. Congrats and good luck to Manat dance

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #7 - April 06, 2010, 03:02 PM

Thanks Manat  Afro
     Reply #8 - April 06, 2010, 03:21 PM

Congrats.

Hope you take care of all the n00bs. Baseball bat

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #9 - April 07, 2010, 04:12 AM

Congrats!

Whats the difference between an admin, and a global one. Is that higher up or something?

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #10 - April 07, 2010, 04:40 AM

sloshed
    congrats Manat
    but i wanna to to Tahiti too !!
     Reply #11 - April 07, 2010, 04:45 AM

You're a real Pal Manat!
    Congratulations!
     great

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #12 - April 07, 2010, 08:47 AM

Congrats!

Whats the difference between an admin, and a global one. Is that higher up or something?

Moderators have the ability to do all the general forum stuff. Splitting threads, locking them, moving them, etc. Global moderator is just a term for someone who can do this on all boards instead of only one board (local moderator). They also have the ability (on this site anyway) to change people's membergroups and other account settings.

Admins can do all of that stuff as well, but also edit all the base settings of the forum, access the database and server, ban and delete accounts, and all the other crap that no sane person wants to know about.

tl:dr; version: moderators can do just about anything with all the stuff you can see. Admins also look after the support systems which are all the crap you can't see. Afro

When it comes to staff discussions and votes there is no difference on this site. Everyone is equal.

Reply #13 - April 07, 2010, 11:20 AM

Well we were looking for an extra moderator to keep the screaming hordes under control and Manat was silly enough to agree to take the position.
    This means the rest of us are buggering off to Tahiti for a few weeks and leaving her in the poo.

I'm sure she'll be great.  Afro

Brilliant choice - congrats Manat  Afro
     Reply #14 - April 07, 2010, 02:13 PM

Thanks Manat for offering your time - btw you're an ideal candidate  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - April 07, 2010, 02:24 PM

Personally I think it's just cos she wears Hijab while being naked.

I mean that is just pure class!  Afro
     Reply #16 - April 07, 2010, 06:21 PM

Fank you, fank you.  I am taking applications for those who want to join my horde of loyal minions. 

[this space for rent]
     Reply #17 - April 07, 2010, 07:18 PM

congrats Smiley glad u didn't leave way back when Smiley

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #18 - April 07, 2010, 07:29 PM

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=9478.msg247695#msg247695
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=9478.msg247700#msg247700

Okay, sorry to the crash the party, but is this going to be a new policy on CEMB now that Manat is a moderator? If this is some sort of signal that we're going towards more political correctness and sanitization of our language then perhaps I should look elsewhere.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #19 - April 07, 2010, 07:31 PM

Actually you know what?

Fuck it.

Reply #20 - April 07, 2010, 09:45 PM

Iblis, you seem to be getting self-righteous and angry. Why is that?

Reply #21 - April 07, 2010, 10:06 PM

Okay, sorry to the crash the party, but is this going to be a new policy on CEMB now that Manat is a moderator? If this is some sort of signal that we're going towards more political correctness and sanitization of our language then perhaps I should look elsewhere.

She might not appreciate your humour sometimes but that doesn't mean she'll be hitting the delete or smite key. The Mods have a pretty uniform set of principles and they're pretty good at leaving their personal biases at the doorstep when they walk into the moderator office IMO. I think you could say you dig fat chicks or you hate fat chicks and that might piss her off and she might say something as a poster but she would only address you as a moderator if you were calling someone a fat chick who didn't want to be called a fat chick, I think.

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #22 - April 07, 2010, 10:13 PM

Yeah I was gonna say that. I don't think Manat said that in a threatening sorta tough-moderator way. She was just expressing he displeasure with your remark.
     Reply #23 - April 07, 2010, 10:28 PM

Ok, sorry to crash the party, but yes you can expect some tightening up. Don't blame Manat for it either. We were discussing it before she was appointed.

Of course, this is only going to be a problem for people who get off on putting other people down. If you don't need that in your life to make you feel better then no problem. You can always put women down on an Islamic forum if you're into that, but funnily enough some women who have left Islam don't really want to put up with misogyny any more.

Bottom line is that we do have female members and some of them are on the staff, so you do have to consider how they think.

Reply #24 - April 08, 2010, 06:27 AM

LOL From what I gather, the adding of another moderator was wanted b/c they needed a helping hand in tamping down some of the craziness of the forum with all of the trolling that's been going on (and the time zone differences?).  If that means some members don't get to run roughshod over the forum and do what they like, so be it. 

[this space for rent]
     Reply #25 - April 08, 2010, 06:32 AM

Yeah I was gonna say that. I don't think Manat said that in a threatening sorta tough-moderator way. She was just expressing he displeasure with your remark.

I didn't say anything in a moderator sort of way in that thread (or my own thread).  I figure if I ever have to post something as a moderator, I will be sure to say so before I do it.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #26 - April 09, 2010, 07:48 AM

How come Islame wasn't made a mod? He's technically been an unofficial mod since I joined this place  Huh?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »