Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What if Hell, isn't so bad?

(Read 3037 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What if Hell, isn't so bad?
     OP - April 03, 2010, 12:48 PM

(lets all assume for a minute that Heaven and Hell both exist and when you die you were going to either one--no ifs,ands or buts)

Okay I was thinking about this earlier today( in my room because i couldn't sleep at all), what if Hell isn't as bad as it seems.

I mean think about it, most of us grew up in some type of religious household ( ex. I was raised in a Christian one) and I grew up to believe that Hell was this dark,evil place.

But what if it isn't. I mean in the Torah, Quran and the Bible it is meant to "sell" Heaven to you.  Make it seem like Paradise and make people want to be part of that religion & believe in God.They all favor Heaven over Hell.
    Like those Mac vs PC commercials. In the commercials, the Apple Company points out all the flaws in PCs and tries to make the viewer think "oh. Macs sound nice".

For all we know, Heaven could be this long, boring religious service.
    ( Esp. when you consider the type of people who are going to be there  Tongue )

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." ~ Andre Gide

sloshed
  • Re: What if Hell, isn't so bad?
     Reply #1 - April 03, 2010, 12:57 PM

Hell can't be bad at all, since I am going to be there  Tongue

Only problem is, I am in catholic hell, not islamic hell, so you'd first have to convert to join me there  bunny
     Reply #2 - April 03, 2010, 01:06 PM

oh yes, i forgot about the different types of Hell   Smiley

If Hell is real, I wonder what level I would be on

just something i thought was interesting:

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test2.mv

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." ~ Andre Gide

sloshed
     Reply #3 - April 03, 2010, 02:13 PM

All the cool people are in hell Tongue

I've taken Dante's test before, I think I got level 7, cant really remember.
     Reply #4 - April 03, 2010, 03:29 PM

Hell can't be bad at all, since I am going to be there  Tongue

Only problem is, I am in catholic hell, not islamic hell, so you'd first have to convert to join me there  bunny

Cheesy

Not only that, he will also have to then become a Christian apostate to join you!!

I wonder which hell I will be put in.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #5 - April 03, 2010, 09:38 PM

I wonder which hell I will be put in.

I know. Gemanic "Hel". There will be quite a lot of angry Teutons waiting for Charles Martel to have a word with.
     Reply #6 - April 04, 2010, 10:18 PM

All my favourite people are going to Hell, so it's going to be a frickin party  dance
     Reply #7 - April 06, 2010, 11:21 PM

It isn't so bad because it doesn't exist.
     Reply #8 - April 07, 2010, 05:00 PM

I'm going to the baptist hell, it's where there is fire and stuff. though I doubt I'll burn, I won't be in my body. So I'm just going to chilll with my friends and Satan. While we feel bad for those duped out of their free will afraid they're going to burn if they don't become god's slaves.  Wink

Not a bad place at all, I'd imagine it would be quite fun. We'll be there forever. That means we'll be bored alot. When we are bored, we're often more fun and more easily amused. And can party!

It is not the way you live your life that is important, it is how well you enjoy it that matters.
     Reply #9 - April 07, 2010, 05:06 PM

I'll be going to Catholic Hell, which I'm told isn't about hellfire or torture, its just an absence of God.  So it'll be just like this life, only without having to pay any bills or go to work.  Thanks Satan.   Afro

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #10 - April 07, 2010, 05:08 PM

I'll be going to Catholic Hell, which I'm told isn't about hellfire or torture, its just an absence of God.  So it'll be just like this life, only without having to pay any bills or go to work.  Thanks Satan.   Afro

It's no longer like Dante's inferno? Then it's like our hell, see you there! It's going to be fun. The absence of god means the absence of anything to hold us back. Afro

It is not the way you live your life that is important, it is how well you enjoy it that matters.
     Reply #11 - April 07, 2010, 05:10 PM

We can eat babies and barbecue nuns and everything.   dance

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #12 - April 27, 2014, 01:03 PM

I'd be smirking at Mother Teresa.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #13 - April 27, 2014, 01:12 PM

I'd rather imagine hell as this decadent place where all kinds of perversions (not just sexual by the way) are encouraged. You have these cool parties and whatnot with demons and witches. And of course Satan. It wouldn't be THAT different from Islamic heaven, if you think about it. The difference just that I see hell as gender equal, while Islamic heaven is anything but.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #14 - April 27, 2014, 05:20 PM

Wold really fuck with Pascal's Wager.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #15 - April 27, 2014, 09:39 PM

I'd rather imagine hell as this decadent place where all kinds of perversions (not just sexual by the way) are encouraged. You have these cool parties and whatnot with demons and witches. And of course Satan. It wouldn't be THAT different from Islamic heaven, if you think about it. The difference just that I see hell as gender equal, while Islamic heaven is anything but.

i'm sure theres a hadith that says most of the inhabitants of hell will be women..   
     Reply #16 - April 27, 2014, 09:43 PM

Yep, that's because we are ungrateful bitches to our husbands.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #17 - April 27, 2014, 09:47 PM

gotta be the most hilarious hadith of them all..

: )
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »