Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I think it is time for me to leave Islam

(Read 36268 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: I think it is time for me to leave Islam
     Reply #210 - May 04, 2010, 09:43 PM

Cheesy
    Don't tell his parents! Please!

Don't worry I will tell his parents he is a bright and confident pupil who is making good progress, but must think for himself and not get distracted or led by disruptive classmates.

I think I will have to sit him next to Abu Yunus or Debunker.

(Though Debunkers been absent a lot recently - will need to send a letter home!)
     Reply #211 - May 04, 2010, 09:45 PM

Don't worry I will tell his parents he is a bright and confident pupil who is making good progress, but must think for himself and not get distracted or led by disruptive classmates.

I think I will have to sit him next to Abu Yunus or Debunker.

(Though Debunkers been absent a lot recently - will need to send a letter home!)

LOLOLOLOL

I bet Abu Yunus is the nice kid, always sits upfront, smiling at his teacher. Bright lad, does his homework.

Debunker is smart as well, but sits in the back of the class, the intellectual rebel, who feels he has to confront the teacher and the school system. Such a bad influence on the other kids.
     Reply #212 - May 04, 2010, 09:58 PM

And you're the class joker!
     Reply #213 - May 04, 2010, 10:50 PM

Maybe God is really just an asshole? I mean why not? It's his nature. I don't understand why he has to be all merciful? I also don't understand how he can have a nature? A contradictory nature as well. I mean the probability of an eternal God is astounding, but one with a specific "personality" is even more astounding. And I know the apologetics for this is that we can never understand the nature of God fully. But I mean God is trying to make understand and we are (at least some of us on this forum) are failing to make sense of his nature. I would guess it's not really God's fault, but rather the author of the Quran.

Yeah. I have an argument against the existence of a theistic god that involves this problem.

That is, how can a very specific, non-necessary attribute of a god exist in a non-contingent, eternal and immutable capacity?

I mean, it's a bit like there being a green chair, floating around in a timeless/spaceless state, that's always existed and always will exist. Such things are completely contingent, just like any personality type. Although, I'd say personalities are even more contingent due to their sheer complexity.

So, from where or what does this being get its particular personality configuration? Why does this being want praise and worship rather than not? Why does it want to inflict pain on those that don't obey it rather than not? Why is this god perfectly good and just rather than not?

If you think about it, the theistic god, with all its very particular, very human and very unlikely attributes, (e.g., the ability to think something into existence, omniscience, etc.) seems like its a completely fantastic idea, in addition to being a pretty dismal explanatory hypothesis.
     Reply #214 - May 05, 2010, 06:35 AM

And you're the class joker!

It's true. But nobody sees me crying on the inside  Cry

dance
     Reply #215 - May 05, 2010, 06:36 AM

Yeah. I have an argument against the existence of a theistic god that involves this problem.

That is, how can a very specific, non-necessary attribute of a god exist in a non-contingent, eternal and immutable capacity?

I mean, it's a bit like there being a green chair, floating around in a timeless/spaceless state, that's always existed and always will exist. Such things are completely contingent, just like any personality type. Although, I'd say personalities are even more contingent due to their sheer complexity.

So, from where or what does this being get its particular personality configuration? Why does this being want praise and worship rather than not? Why does it want to inflict pain on those that don't obey it rather than not? Why is this god perfectly good and just rather than not?

If you think about it, the theistic god, with all its very particular, very human and very unlikely attributes, (e.g., the ability to think something into existence, omniscience, etc.) seems like its a completely fantastic idea, in addition to being a pretty dismal explanatory hypothesis.

Spot on.
     Reply #216 - May 05, 2010, 06:39 AM

It's true. But nobody sees me crying on the inside  Cry

dance

As with all class jokers it's a desperate cry for attention and love lol  grin12 far away hug
     Reply #217 - May 05, 2010, 07:29 AM

As with all class jokers it's a desperate cry for attention and love lol  grin12 far away hug

LOL
     Reply #218 - May 05, 2010, 11:28 PM

I'm so sorry about your loss, and welcome to the community.
    but i have a question so the only reason u became an atheist is because of that ?

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #219 - July 02, 2010, 11:36 PM

Well there are different versions of god. The version called Allah really is ridiculous. A deity who created the universe, and demands that people kiss his ass five times a day, or else he gets angry. What an insecure, ridiculous thing. Its not even that he is capricious, that would be a human quality that would be endearing. Its that he so totally reflects the needs for the preservations of human patriarchal power, he resembles the neurotic, controlling, cruel, violent, jealous, petty, narcissistic, oppressive mindset of those who most totally impose Islam itself. Creator of the universe, and if you defy him, or do not worship him, he will torture you for eternity. What a laughably petty and disgusting psychopath.

Allah needs to see a psychiatrist.

Great DIAGNOSIS !

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #220 - July 07, 2010, 11:13 PM

well i've been in pakistan for the burial of my dad for a very long time,
    gosh i've gone black grr!
    well i don't think i'm ever telling my mum after this because it's too heartless,
    and to be quiet honest im not leaving islam anymore, i found my faith again
    so byeeeeeeeee  thnkyu for everythng lol x
     Reply #221 - July 07, 2010, 11:15 PM

Huh?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #222 - July 07, 2010, 11:15 PM

Welcome back. I hope you're doing better.   far away hug

JNT, read the OP.
     Reply #223 - July 07, 2010, 11:37 PM

OP? whats OP? 

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #224 - July 07, 2010, 11:39 PM

Original post/er

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #225 - July 07, 2010, 11:40 PM

OP? whats OP? 

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=9448.msg241663#msg241663
     Reply #226 - July 07, 2010, 11:47 PM

Im 17 years old, My name is Anisa Khan. My farther has recently passed away after i prayed and prayed towards God, but he ignored them. God made my life horrible and painfull which i hate. I have witnessed my farther die right in front of my eyes. I cannot beleive God had done this I never made many sins i used to be really good and proud of being a muslim. But one thing on my dads Jannazah my whole family kept saying "Allah Ne Marzi" I thought yes its Gods fault if it wasn't for him I'd still have a dad & scince then ive been having doubt on the existence of God.

My father died in my arms on Nov 8th, 2006.  I know exactly how you feel

Helen Keller
     Reply #227 - November 09, 2010, 12:15 AM

Hehee i changed my mind again, I am defo leaving Islam!
    The last few months have been hectic, my mother is in hospital suffering from a heart attack, I have prayed and prayed for my life to turn around, but it just keeps getting worse and wose, at one point it got so bad I tried killing myself, My dads brother became mentally ill when my Father passed (R.I.P)
    I wouldn't know how to tell my mother i have left Islam, she knows I do not read the Quran or pray anymore, I have also stopped wearing a Hijab, although she encourages me to do so, I simply ignore her. I think she has the idea that I am leaving Islam so it won't be to shocking or hard on her when I do tell her, which hopefully will be when she has fully recovered, but I am not sure she will fully recover, the heart attack was a big one, and the doctors keep giving me bad news, my aunts and uncles have advised me to pray for her, I refuse to do so.

Is there any advice anyone can give to give me hope or make me feel better?
     Reply #228 - November 09, 2010, 12:35 AM

Sorry to hear about your mom, I think the best thing to do is take it easy. Don't rush into things, and don't raise suspensions. There are many apostate Muslims on here who still around their families pretend to be Muslims.
     Reply #229 - November 09, 2010, 12:36 AM

Sadly when it comes to giving hope, religion has the most well constructed answers when it comes to dealing with news like this.  Best I can do is give you one of these  far away hug

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #230 - November 09, 2010, 07:46 AM

The last few months have been hectic, my mother is in hospital suffering from a heart attack, I have prayed and prayed for my life to turn around, but it just keeps getting worse and wose, at one point it got so bad I tried killing myself, My dads brother became mentally ill when my Father passed (R.I.P)
    I wouldn't know how to tell my mother i have left Islam, she knows I do not read the Quran or pray anymore, I have also stopped wearing a Hijab, although she encourages me to do so, I simply ignore her. I think she has the idea that I am leaving Islam so it won't be to shocking or hard on her when I do tell her, which hopefully will be when she has fully recovered, but I am not sure she will fully recover, the heart attack was a big one, and the doctors keep giving me bad news, my aunts and uncles have advised me to pray for her, I refuse to do so.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles and my condolences.  far away hug

But I would not tell your mother, not now at least, even when she's fully recovered. Give it some time, don't rush into things. It's not the most important thing right now; taking care of your mom is Smiley

I think it would hurt her if she heard and with all that's happened it might be the wrong time.

You have gone through a lot, I'm not sure I can say anything to make you feel better but I can say that you should slow things down, breathe in, let yourself relax, let your mourning process pass, let everything fall in place. Be with your family and try to maintain the peace. If in the future, when you feel the moment is right, and you wish to tell your mother, then you can have a calm discussion about what you think and feel. But I personally wouldn't do it now. Personally I would never, unless I was forced into something I can't agree with; like arranged marriage.

:hug:
     Reply #231 - November 09, 2010, 08:45 AM

I hardly think the OP is in the state of mind to start dishing out the philosophical reasons about her doubt. She just wants some comfort, not a debate. This is hardly the time nor place to start questioning her logic.

I agree.. It isn't the time or place. She needs warm welcomes and alot of hugs. I'm sorry for your loss sweety, stay strong and you'll get through it.  Big hug

There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
     Reply #232 - November 15, 2010, 06:26 AM

Im 17 years old, My name is Anisa Khan. My farther has recently passed away after i prayed and prayed towards God, but he ignored them. God made my life horrible and painfull which i hate. I have witnessed my farther die right in front of my eyes. I cannot beleive God had done this I never made many sins i used to be really good and proud of being a muslim. But one thing on my dads Jannazah my whole family kept saying "Allah Ne Marzi" I thought yes its Gods fault if it wasn't for him I'd still have a dad & scince then ive been having doubt on the existence of God.

God's tests are not a good enough reason to leave Islam. On the contrary it should strengthen your faith and bring you closer to God. Troubled times do not have to be God's punishment so it usually has nothing to do with your sins. Please reconsider leaving Islam Anisa; it's not as good or easy as it looks. It IS Terrible.  banghead

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #233 - November 15, 2010, 06:33 AM

Leave Islam, but don't leave god. Life without god is very harsh and difficult. Just remember than we are all connected and there are 100's of people feeling for you, and that their compassion for you is what really represents god, not some magic being in the sky.

<mchawking>: there's a 9 inch one coming out next month and I wish I had money
     Reply #234 - November 15, 2010, 07:05 AM

^ A non-muslim muslim, my favourite kind.  Afro
     Reply #235 - November 15, 2010, 07:26 AM

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside from all the love you guys have given my in the short time I have known you <3

<mchawking>: there's a 9 inch one coming out next month and I wish I had money
     Reply #236 - November 15, 2010, 07:45 AM

I am really sorry for what you have to deal with at such young age, but thats life.

As for sticking to religion or ditching or even switching to another one, let me add my 2 cents ,i think personal belief   is like the power or energy supply you use to go through life , its supposed to help you deal and cope , adapt with life trauma or even happy events. choose whatever suits you and works for you , there are no concepts , atheists can be happy , muslims can be happy agonists can be happy ,we dont all have to be the same,
    there is no rush in picking which side you want to be on , and none knows the absolute truth .
    maybe there isnot a truth after all , who knows.

but what am certain of is that u are so young , and you need stability , something solid to hold on to and go from there , if its God then by all means stick to God and take it easy, the decision to leave islam and ditching God altogether is not an easy thing and seriously it needs all the attention you can give  , to me its a moment in my life that i hold dear and will cherish forever, so just take your time, mourn your father , stay by your mom side , comfort her and keep in mind that you are not alone in this , we all have been through similar situations and we are still alive, life goes on .

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدآ عبده ورسوله
     Reply #237 - November 15, 2010, 05:10 PM

Leave Islam, but don't leave god. Life without god is very harsh and difficult. Just remember than we are all connected and there are 100's of people feeling for you, and that their compassion for you is what really represents god, not some magic being in the sky.

Are you really a Muslim?  It sounds more like you're a deist.
     Reply #238 - December 03, 2010, 09:07 PM

life without god is harsh? Ive never been happier consistently in my life since I dumped
    him/her/it!   Even when bad/hard times have come along, I dont get majorly depressed
    and consider myself cursed of god, which made me feel EVEN WORSE!  And "its a test" is
    bullshit.  Thats only cuz you don't know what else to say.

Anissa... sweetheart, you ARE going through a really hard situation.  There is nothing wrong
    with you crying your heart out, either.  Just remember, though, this IS the circle of life, and
    for you, your parents are leaving you sooner than most.  You have my heartfelt sympathy,
    though.  and wish i could  far away hug you too. 

The best advise I can share is in a song... for you (and Peruvian if you are reading this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5YjdHEAFVU

Helen Keller
     Reply #239 - December 05, 2010, 03:22 AM

Woh....I am so sorry....
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »