Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Thank you CEMB!

(Read 11263 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Thank you CEMB!
     Reply #90 - March 29, 2010, 04:42 PM

lol i feel with iblis..it's like finding a fabulous sandwich and offering it to someone thats not hungry lol..
    u crack me up..
    it seems so clear ... but yet so dam hard to swallow

thats cos there's ham in it

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #91 - March 29, 2010, 04:44 PM

This thread should be renamed 'Brick Lane'

Cheesy

Reply #92 - March 29, 2010, 04:45 PM

Bangladeshis have a secular tradition in the UK but that has been threatened by Jamat-e-Islami in the last couple of decades. There has been a radicalisation agenda, and the Jamati creeps have institutional support and are very, very active. On both a grassroots, nasty Islamist bigot level, and on the 'respectable' level of the Jamat-e-Islami Muslim Council of Britain side, Mohammad Abdul Bari the snake oil salesman and head of East London Mosque (around which Bangladeshi extremism centres) is a Bengali. So a lot of burqas, niqabs, Islamic rage-boys, and the full Ummah Identity wannabe-Arab shite is present, as the recent Channel 4 documentary showed, sadly. However, it also showed the other side, the moderates fighting back.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #93 - March 29, 2010, 04:49 PM

I dunno, I really do think we have a much stronger secular tilt than most other muslims. Pakistanis practically consider us hindus anyways.

Yep, I think so too.  I have learned that since coming onto this site, before that I thought Bangladeshis were more backward in this respect..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #94 - March 29, 2010, 04:53 PM

Allat - boy dont you & nessrriinnn share a lot in common - both apostates, same country, same gender & simlar age group, same interest in poetry, are you sure you're not the same person?

You're forgetting that Allat doesn't have kids and Nessrriinn does. I think if a woman has kids she'd probably notice. Wink

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #95 - March 29, 2010, 04:54 PM

Oh sorry for the off-topic nesrin! This is a recurrent aspect of CEMB that takes some getting used to, we are habitual OT'ers.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #96 - March 29, 2010, 04:54 PM

Amongst the Bengali kids I taught were the 3 daughters of Maulana Abu Sayeed - who is a judge on the Shari'ah Council. Here he is in the middle of the three at the desk - next to him (on our right) is Sohaib Hasan (big white beard) - a complete wahabi twat - but Sayeed was a nice guy - and his dauhters were so bright and full of spunk I can imagine them - or at least one in particular - leaving Islam. But regardless of whether they leave Islam they were lovely kids. I also used to give his wife a lift to school every day and she was so sweet - really a nice person!

Reply #97 - March 29, 2010, 04:56 PM

Yeah but if she left Islam, that would put her in immediate danger seeing as her dad is judge of a Shari'ah court.

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #98 - March 29, 2010, 04:57 PM

[quote ]. "Tui" is not meant to be used when referring to an elder.
    [/quote]

Hell even I knew that!
    Isn't it Tumar?

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #99 - March 29, 2010, 05:03 PM

Even Tumar would be too informal but much better than Tui. Correct one would be "Apnar"

Reply #100 - March 29, 2010, 05:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Up4tLSXhM

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #101 - March 29, 2010, 05:08 PM

If I had to re-write it, this is what how I'd say it:

Original: Ey bhai, mara mari kintu t-heek na. Tui bangla, tor bap er bap hindu chihlu ak deen, and tui ak deen nasteek hoben.. INSHALLAH

Corrected: Bhai, mara mari kintu thik na. Apni Bangla, Apnar abba'er abba hindu chilo ek deen, are apni ak deen nasteek hoben.

Translation: Brother, fighting is not right. You're a Bengali, and your father's father was a hindu once; and you will one day become an Atheist.

Afro

Reply #102 - March 29, 2010, 05:13 PM

The stuff posted on here doesn't get on my nerves to be honest. It gets on my nerves much more when Muslims do and say terrible things in the name of God - that makes me want to cry.

Yep, I used to find all that stuff really embarrassing and tended to over-explain it to people at school and people I knew who werent believers.  

Having said that I am sure most of us here, still find it embarrassing what people will do but it makes it easier once we realise why.  I used to cut myself up about this question, as I thought the religion didnt make them do these things.  Then why did so many do it, and still do unethical things?  

Why did their tend to be differences between muslim, hindu, christian & buddhist kids, differences that I was not proud about?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #103 - March 29, 2010, 05:16 PM

Ah damn, its already gone off topic. Very moving video. Liked it a lot.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #104 - March 29, 2010, 05:17 PM

One Moroccan girl came to school with terrible bruises - it turned out her mum had hit her with her belt. Moroccan parents were so severe with their kids - one reason why they played up so much with us as they didn't fear getting beaten. So mush for hitting to make someone good.  Roll Eyes

I hope you reported her mum to the authorities..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #105 - March 29, 2010, 11:00 PM

You have a sexy voice.  001_wub

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #106 - March 29, 2010, 11:03 PM

yiy neyali  Insert evil laugh thanks..
     Reply #107 - March 29, 2010, 11:09 PM

Yep that's very true Nesrin, you really do have a sexy voice.

• Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »