Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islame re-reads the Quran

(Read 84571 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Islame re-reads the Quran
     Reply #30 - March 27, 2010, 06:51 PM

IsLame
    How did they, and how can we, ascertain the correct order?

That is a big investigation still going on dear IsLame., we will deal in this thread in detail.,

But do you know that  revelation order dear IsLame?? If not here are the links..

http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1583#1583

revelation order of Quran and Bookish order of Quran..
    http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=468#p5811

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #31 - March 27, 2010, 06:58 PM

You would have thought it would make sense to put these verses in chronological order, the way they were foretold.  Is there any reason it wasnt?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #32 - March 27, 2010, 07:19 PM

You would have thought it would make sense to put these verses in chronological order, the way they were foretold. Is there any reason it wasnt?

different people have different reasons for that dear IsLame .,  some fools write this
    Significance of Order

The question of why a surah like Surat Al-`Alaq, which was revealed first not put first in the mushaf (a physical copy of the Qur'an), this will require us to search more in the Qur'an and explore some of its secrets. A deeper look into the whole matter will show us that the order of the Qur'an has a purpose and the revelation of the Qur'an also has a purpose.

For instance, the revelation of the Qur'an responding to specific problems or incidents carries the purpose of solving these problems or providing guidance in these incidents.

During the first 13 years of Islam, the main task of the Prophet (saws) was to call people to Islam based on the Qur'anic revelations that focused on the Oneness of Allah and righteous conduct.

When Muslims migrated to Madinah and an Islamic community started to be well-established and new challenges emerged, the main focus of the revelation was to regulate the life of Muslims through detailing the rulings pertaining to different acts of worship and setting punishments for crimes and so on.  

This shows us that the revelation in each of the two stages has a purpose. When the revelation stage was completed, the whole Qur'an was there and the whole message was put in the order that was intended for it to stay till the Day of Judgment.

Explanation of Order

Such an order serves in delivering the message the Qur'an is put for, as it has got another purpose.

If you look at the first surah of the Qur'an, namely Al-Fatihah, you can perceive that it acts as a summary for the structure and the message of the Book (Qur'an) ahead of every reader.

Being Umm Al-Qur'an (the Mother of the Qur'an), it carries all its themes; it summarizes them. It tells us who Allah is: the source of all love and mercy. Therefore, knowing who He is, we should be thankful to Him and worship Him alone. We should seek His help, and He has all the power to give us whatever we need. It makes it clear that Allah is the only One Who can really guide. It speaks about life after death and the consequences of human action and behavior.

The same holds true for Surat Al-Baqarah. The first verses speak about the fact that this Book is above all doubts and it is beyond the abilities of doubters to try to challenge its validity. Then it gives a hint on its main theme — guiding the righteous — and then goes on to speak about the beginning of creation and the story of Adam to establish the theme that humankind is here on earth as a vicegerent of the Creator and should use the Book as a manual to carry out the mission in the right way.

All these themes and messages cannot be carried except through this logical order in which Allah commanded for the Qur'an to be put. If a surah like Al-`Alaq was to be put at the beginning instead of Al-Fatihah, it could have given a significance of course and give a message, but not the exact fully wonderful message that we can get from the order of the Qur'an as it is now.

As usual I have no idea why bums writes so much yet it makes no sense.. No sense etal.

I have simpler explanation., Quran was put together way after the death of Muhammad(if there was a character like that) and there were MULTIPLE AUTHORS collected these verses from multiple sources may be during that Calipha  Omar or Ali time.,   So basically whoever stitching it as a book just put together whatever is the way they came in and stitch it.

So what you have now is .. A book with full of repetition of having same meaning but they are in different surahs..

Reply #33 - March 27, 2010, 08:36 PM

Yeezevee is a prolific poster on FFI, or was at least. 17115 posts, fucking hell!

So basically the Qur'an was compiled after Muhammad's death. I have read that there may have been several variations of the Qur'an, but the Caliph Uthmann destroyed the Sufi version amongst others, and established his one as the one to be copied and reproduced. Is there any truth to these assertions?

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #34 - March 27, 2010, 08:46 PM

So what you have now is .. A book with full of repetition of having same meaning but they are in different surahs..

Thanks I get it now - Allah sent us a randomly ordered set of messages as he was reliant upon human stitching to put it together. 

Allah should go Fail-Blog

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #35 - March 27, 2010, 08:48 PM

Yeezevee is a prolific poster on FFI, or was at least. 17115 posts, fucking hell!

So basically the Qur'an was compiled after Muhammad's death. I have read that there may have been several variations of the Qur'an, but the Caliph Uthmann destroyed the Sufi version amongst others, and established his one as the one to be copied and reproduced. Is there any truth to these assertions?

Yep, these are muslim assertions as well as ex-muslim ones, and if we both agree with something, then its gotta be true!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #36 - March 27, 2010, 08:53 PM

Interesting, I might do some research into this topic. The origins of the Qur'an and how it was compiled seem intriguing.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #37 - March 27, 2010, 08:59 PM

17115 posts, fucking hell!

Given the huge number of YouTube videos, he is still fine.  whistling2

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #38 - March 27, 2010, 09:05 PM

Cheesy, ye i was thinking the exact same thing. Gotta love the abundant number of yt vids.

Reply #39 - March 27, 2010, 09:15 PM

Interesting, I might do some research into this topic. The origins of the Qur'an and how it was compiled seem intriguing.

Another angle that some friends are carefully analyzing is., that there were two characters in Islam one from Persian side and other from Bedouin side ., And the actions + preaching of these two guys turns out be one Muhammad and one Quran..

please read through this thread of "The Cat"
    http://www.forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5518

Interesting way of looking at it.  What they do is Muhammad in those first 10 years was a different guy from Muhammad after the death of his first wife Khadija. And the subject goes deeper,  Off course nothing is unquestionable .

Reply #40 - March 27, 2010, 09:19 PM

Thanks, I might take a look at it later. Seems like a lot of reading.

Reply #41 - March 27, 2010, 11:02 PM

Heyjustlooking   says
    Seems like a lot of reading.

well., yes lot of reading dear Heyjustlooking.. 1400 years of Junk often hidden from public scrutiny., Any way on that word "reading" let us read some Quran and start with that Chapter   [At-Tahrim 12 (BANNING, PROHIBITION)
    66.001: "why do you forbid (yourself) that which Allah has made lawful for you".

Yes.. yes., Why forbid? why??  Go my man go.. there is a good looking woman in town,  "IT IS LAWFUL FOR YOU"..Allah says so Mr. PBUH
    066.002: Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise.

Off course Allah is Protector, but what did Allah Sanction? sanctioned for you what?? What Oaths are we talking about dear Mr. PBUH?  that is silly., Prophet Muhammad appears to be angry at something. Having 11 wives?? dealing with their problems becomes exponentially trouble some even if you are horse as one of those hadiths says. So call Allah for help??.. lol.. what a Man, what a messenger of Allah,  But we have billions followers..

066.003: And when the prophet secretly communicated a piece of information to one of his wives-- but when she informed (others) of it, and Allah made him to know it, he made known part of it and avoided part; so when he informed her of it, she said: Who informed you of this? He said: The Knowing, the one Aware, informed me.

There you go.  What information was that? How to sleep with a slave of a wife??.. Ha!.. Allah knows the best. What a rubbish.. zee. at least IF THIS STUPID THING was in  hadith., I would have out rightly rejected the damn thing  but IDIOTS put it in Q'uran.. Hey Allah,help me out.
    066.004: If you both turn to Allah, then indeed your hearts are already inclined (to this); and if you back up each other against him, then surely Allah it is Who is his Guardian, and Jibreel and -the believers that do good, and the angels after that are the aiders.

Who both?. Two wives bitching at each other?? It happens man and it will be more frequent when you have 11 of them.,  take it easy,  don't go to Allah.. Even Allah would have been in trouble with so many wives.. lol..

066.005: Maybe, his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins.

There you go, what a RASCAL.  You woman,  if you don't listen to me , ALLAH SAYS "HE GETS ME BETTER WIFE,  A SUBMISSIVE,  obedient,  adoring wife.  A 9 year old virgin"   

YOU WOMEN SHUT UP, other wise I will not sleep with you,  Allah told me how to control bitching/infighting wives

WHAT A CROAK.. what a revelations.    Help me Allah.. help me.. MOVE THIS SHIT  IN TO HADITH...please...

yeezevee

Reply #42 - March 27, 2010, 11:27 PM

Just to point out, those verses are about the whole Maria ordeal. Long story short; Mo slept with his slave girl Maria in Hafsa's bed, on her night, while she was visiting her dad. She caught them in the act when she got back and was angry (which is understandable). Mo apologised and said he will never sleep with her again. This was the oath he made. He told Hafsa not to disclose this to anyone else. However Hafsa told Aisha.

Conveniently for Mo, Allah allowed him to break his oath because sleeping with slave girls has been made legal for all men. All his wives got pissed off and turned against him, Mo got angry (cant control his dick as usual, even 11 wives aren't enough for him) so he threatens to divorce them all. They have no choice but to give in.

It's a very sad and controversial story in Islam. There have been made-up hadiths to try and cover it up, however those made-up hadiths make Mo look even worse in a way. The made-up story claims that Mo made an oath not to eat a certain type of honey one of his wives made, and the whole divorce thing was based around this!! Why would you divorce all your wives over a squabble over honey ffs?!!!

I would recommend watching Hassan's video on this for more information-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-YtP5FFsXU

And this is some random information (including a very large hadith) about this incident that I have saved-

Tasfir on Mariah's story-
    http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=74&tSoraNo=66&tAyahNo=1&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2

COEM Discussion
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=4536.0

Sahih Bhukari
    Volume 3, Book 43, Number 648:
    Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas:

I had been eager to ask 'Umar about the two ladies from among the wives of the Prophet regarding whom Allah said (in the Qur'an saying): If you two (wives of the Prophet namely Aisha and Hafsa) turn in repentance to Allah your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet likes) (66.4), till performed the Hajj along with 'Umar (and on our way back from Hajj) he went aside (to answer the call of nature) and I also went aside along with him carrying a tumbler of water. When he had answered the call of nature and returned. I poured water on his hands from the tumbler and he performed ablution. I said, "O Chief of the believers! ' Who were the two ladies from among the wives of the Prophet to whom Allah said:

'If you two return in repentance (66.4)? He said, "I am astonished at your question, O Ibn 'Abbas. They were Aisha and Hafsa."

Then 'Umar went on relating the narration and said. "I and an Ansari neighbor of mine from Bani Umaiya bin Zaid who used to live in 'Awali Al-Medina, used to visit the Prophet in turns. He used to go one day, and I another day. When I went I would bring him the news of what had happened that day regarding the instructions and orders and when he went, he used to do the same for me. We, the people of Quraish, used to have authority over women, but when we came to live with the Ansar, we noticed that the Ansari women had the upper hand over their men, so our women started acquiring the habits of the Ansari women. Once I shouted at my wife and she paid me back in my coin and I disliked that she should answer me back. She said, 'Why do you take it ill that I retort upon you? By Allah, the wives of the Prophet retort upon him, and some of them may not speak with him for the whole day till night.' What she said scared me and I said to her, 'Whoever amongst them does so, will be a great loser.' Then I dressed myself and went to Hafsa and asked her, 'Does any of you keep Allah's Apostle angry all the day long till night?' She replied in the affirmative. I said, 'She is a ruined losing person (and will never have success)! Doesn't she fear that Allah may get angry for the anger of Allah's Apostle and thus she will be ruined? Don't ask Allah's Apostle too many things, and don't retort upon him in any case, and don't desert him. Demand from me whatever you like, and don't be tempted to imitate your neighbor (i.e. 'Aisha) in her behavior towards the Prophet), for she (i.e. Aisha) is more beautiful than you, and more beloved to Allah's Apostle.

In those days it was rumored that Ghassan, (a tribe living in Sham) was getting prepared their horses to invade us. My companion went (to the Prophet on the day of his turn, went and returned to us at night and knocked at my door violently, asking whether I was sleeping. I was scared (by the hard knocking) and came out to him. He said that a great thing had happened. I asked him: What is it? Have Ghassan come? He replied that it was worse and more serious than that, and added that Allah's Apostle had divorced all his wives. I said, Hafsa is a ruined loser! I expected that would happen some day.' So I dressed myself and offered the Fajr prayer with the Prophet. Then the Prophet entered an upper room and stayed there alone. I went to Hafsa and found her weeping. I asked her, 'Why are you weeping? Didn't I warn you? Have Allah's Apostle divorced you all?' She replied, 'I don't know. He is there in the upper room.' I then went out and came to the pulpit and found a group of people around it and some of them were weeping. Then I sat with them for some time, but could not endure the situation. So I went to the upper room where the Prophet was and requested to a black slave of his: "Will you get the permission of (Allah's Apostle) for Umar (to enter)? The slave went in, talked to the Prophet about it and came out saying, 'I mentioned you to him but he did not reply.' So, I went and sat with the people who were sitting by the pulpit, but I could not bear the situation, so I went to the slave again and said: "Will you get he permission for Umar? He went in and brought the same reply as before. When I was leaving, behold, the slave called me saying, "Allah's Apostle has granted you permission." So, I entered upon the Prophet and saw him lying on a mat without wedding on it, and the mat had left its mark on the body of the Prophet, and he was leaning on a leather pillow stuffed with palm fires. I greeted him and while still standing, I said: "Have you divorced your wives?' He raised his eyes to me and replied in the negative. And then while still standing, I said chatting: "Will you heed what I say, 'O Allah's Apostle! We, the people of Quraish used to have the upper hand over our women (wives), and when we came to the people whose women had the upper hand over them..."

'Umar told the whole story (about his wife). "On that the Prophet smiled." 'Umar further said, "I then said, 'I went to Hafsa and said to her: Do not be tempted to imitate your companion ('Aisha) for she is more beautiful than you and more beloved to the Prophet.' The Prophet smiled again. When I saw him smiling, I sat down and cast a glance at the room, and by Allah, I couldn't see anything of importance but three hides. I said (to Allah's Apostle) "Invoke Allah to make your followers prosperous for the Persians and the Byzantines have been made prosperous and given worldly luxuries, though they do not worship Allah?' The Prophet was leaning then (and on hearing my speech he sat straight) and said, 'O Ibn Al-Khatttab! Do you have any doubt (that the Hereafter is better than this world)? These people have been given rewards of their good deeds in this world only.' I asked the Prophet . 'Please ask Allah's forgiveness for me. The Prophet did not go to his wives because of the secret which Hafsa had disclosed to 'Aisha, and he said that he would not go to his wives for one month as he was angry with them when Allah admonished him (for his oath that he would not approach Maria). When twenty-nine days had passed, the Prophet went to Aisha first of all. She said to him, 'You took an oath that you would not come to us for one month, and today only twenty-nine days have passed, as I have been counting them day by day.' The Prophet said, 'The month is also of twenty-nine days.' That month consisted of twenty-nine days. 'Aisha said, 'When the Divine revelation of Choice was revealed, the Prophet started with me, saying to me, 'I am telling you something, but you needn't hurry to give the reply till you can consult your parents." 'Aisha knew that her parents would not advise her to part with the Prophet . The Prophet said that Allah had said:--

'O Prophet! Say To your wives; If you desire The life of this world And its glitter, ... then come! I will make a provision for you and set you free In a handsome manner. But if you seek Allah And His Apostle, and The Home of the Hereafter, then Verily, Allah has prepared For the good-doers amongst you A great reward.' (33.28) 'Aisha said, 'Am I to consult my parents about this? I indeed prefer Allah, His Apostle, and the Home of the Hereafter.' After that the Prophet gave the choice to his other wives and they also gave the same reply as 'Aisha did."
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/043.sbt.html

Tasfir, Sura 66-
    http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=66

Whom your right hand possesses
    The phrase “and those (slaves) whom your right hand possesses — whom Allaah has given to you” [al-Ahzaab 33:50] means, it is permissible for you take concubines from among those whom you seized as war booty. He took possession of Safiyyah and Juwayriyah and he freed them and married them; he took possession of Rayhaanah bint Sham’oon al-Nadariyyah and Maariyah al-Qibtiyyah, the mother of his son Ibraaheem (peace be upon them both), and they were among his concubines, may Allaah be pleased with them both.
    Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/500

Maria
    Here, let me bring Ibn Kathir in Arabic. [Note that what follows is only the relevant portion of Ibn Kathir and this is the part which Ibn Kathir’s online English translators skipped]

وقال ابن جرير: حدثنا سعيد بن يحيى، حدثنا أبي، حدثنا محمد بن إسحاق عن الزهري عن عبيد الله بن عبد الله عن ابن عباس قال: قلت لعمر ابن الخطاب: من المرأتان؟ قال: عائشة وحفصة. وكان بدء الحديث في شأن أم إبراهيم مارية القبطية، أصابها النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم في بيت حفصة في نوبتها، فوجدت حفصة، فقالت: يا نبي الله لقد جئت إليّ شيئاً ما جئت إلى أحد من أزواجك في يَوْمِي وفي دوري وعلى فراشي، قال: " ألا ترضين أن أحرمها فلا أقربها " ، قالت: بلى فحرمها، وقال لها: " لا تذكري ذلك لأحد " ، فذكرته لعائشة، فأظهره الله عليه، فأنزل الله تعالى: { يٰأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّبِيُّ لِمَ تُحَرِّمُ مَآ أَحَلَّ ٱللَّهُ لَكَ تَبْتَغِي مَرْضَاتَ أَزْوَٰجِكَ } الآيات كلها. [Ibn Kathir on Quran chapter 6 1-5]

The account above reveals of an incident we heard not (from modern day Muslims). Muhammad has been found by Hafsa (one of his wives) in company with Maria-the Copt. It was Hafsa’s turn and the activities occur in Hafsa’s bed. Hafsa’s remonstration is what I bolded in the quote. It can be read as “Hey Messenger of God, how come you are with someone else in my house in my bed on my turn*?
    http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2217
     Reply #43 - March 28, 2010, 07:42 PM

lol ye i watched that vid by Hassan. A very embarrassing incident which Muslims have tried to cover up. The so called 'honey' incident is probably the most laughable reason you can get to divorce someone lol.

Reply #44 - April 06, 2010, 12:15 AM

.... nor when ye are polluted, save when journeying upon the
    road, till ye have bathed. And if ye be ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from
    the closet, or ye have touched women,

Women are dirty filthy creatures arent they mo?

Also what to know what Mo meant by this "one of you cometh from
    the closet
    "

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #45 - April 06, 2010, 12:30 AM

Just to point out, those verses are about the whole Maria ordeal. Long story short; Mo slept with his slave girl Maria in Hafsa's bed, on her night, while she was visiting her dad. She caught them in the act when she got back and was angry (which is understandable). Mo apologised and said he will never sleep with her again. This was the oath he made. He told Hafsa not to disclose this to anyone else. However Hafsa told Aisha...

I found a rather interesting hadith relating to surah 66 the other day...

Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 8, Number 395:

Narrated 'Umar (bin Al-Khattab):

My Lord agreed with me in three things:

1. I said,"O Allah's Apostle, I wish we took the station of Abraham as our praying place (for some of our prayers). So came the Divine Inspiration: And take you (people) the station of Abraham as a place of prayer (for some of your prayers e.g. two Rakat of Tawaf of Ka'ba)". (2.125)

2. And as regards the (verse of) the veiling of the women, I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! I wish you ordered your wives to cover themselves from the men because good and bad ones talk to them.' So the verse of the veiling of the women was revealed.

3. Once the wives of the Prophet made a united front against the Prophet and I said to them, 'It may be if he (the Prophet) divorced you, (all) that his Lord (Allah) will give him instead of you wives better than you.' So this verse (the same as I had said) was revealed." (66.5).

The other parts of the hadith are interesting too, but's notable that Umar appears to have had a verse of the Qur'an revealed to him.
     Reply #46 - April 06, 2010, 12:36 AM

Also what to know what Mo meant by this "one of you cometh from
    the closet
    "

"...or if any of you comes from the privy"

From the bathroom, not after gay sex. Smiley
     Reply #47 - April 30, 2010, 08:21 PM

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #48 - April 30, 2010, 08:24 PM

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #49 - May 03, 2010, 09:22 AM

Well, this may be the loophole they're looking for!

The Qur'an later on only explicity prohibits wine, so if a Qur'an-only wants to get pissed on cider or whiskey they can.  grin12

Are you sure? I thought it was only the hadith that forbade it?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #50 - May 03, 2010, 09:38 AM

YUSUFALI: They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah Make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider-

It's the hadith that forbid booze in its entirety, up to and including utensils used to make drinks.
     Reply #51 - May 07, 2010, 04:34 PM

2:258 Bethink thee of him who had an argument with Abraham about his Lord, because Allah had given him the kingdom; how, when Abraham said: My Lord is He Who giveth life and causeth death, he answered: I give life and cause death. Abraham said: Lo! Allah causeth the sun to rise in the East, so do thou cause it to come up from the West. Thus was the disbeliever abashed. And Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk. 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #52 - May 07, 2010, 04:38 PM

ROFL sun rising from the east, is that supposed to be a great argument from Grandpa Prophet?

Islame, I want you to defend this verse. Prove to me it's heliocentric and not geocentric. I wanna see how you do.
     Reply #53 - May 07, 2010, 05:02 PM

ROFL sun rising from the east, is that supposed to be a great argument from Grandpa Prophet?

Islame, I want you to defend this verse. Prove to me it's heliocentric and not geocentric. I wanna see how you do.

1) Science is always changing, tomorrow science will change but the Quran wont.  icon_blahblah

2) Allah has infinitely more knowledge that us, so who are you to question?  icon_blahblah

3) Have you read Arabic, how do you know its even a true translation?  icon_blahblah

4) Its a test of our faith to see if we will still believe despite the contradicting evidence, and only those of true faith will pass it.  icon_blahblah

5) And if you disagree with any of the above, then dont come back to me, go & find somebody more knowledgeable who can provide you with an answer the satisfies you

6) And if (5) doesnt work, you havent tried hard enough, keep trying until you are convinced I am right.

7) And if you dont do 6, I am afraid I cant help you.  Allah has sealed your heart & mind, which actually proves his omnipotence  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #54 - May 07, 2010, 05:33 PM

Cheesy

looks like you've heard it all

you should make a video on typical muslim arguments and explain why they are fallacies
     Reply #55 - May 07, 2010, 05:56 PM

You're right, it's be a good idea.  But I think it would be good if it was done in this type of style as the video below- only thing is I would make a pigs ear of it, and think you would do it much better from the stuff I heard of your standup.

Why dont you have a go, it doesnt have to be perfect but it would be a start?  I think you should create your own channel, and you could challenge your own stand up skills and modify that post anyway you like to suit  Afro  If you need any help just holla..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvRPbsXBVBo&playnext_from=TL&videos=GUr3J92Ln9E

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #56 - May 07, 2010, 06:09 PM

You're right, it's be a good idea.  But I think it would be good if it was done in this type of style as the video below- only thing is I would make a pigs ear of it, and think you would do it much better from the stuff I heard of your standup.

Why dont you have a go, it doesnt have to be perfect but it would be a start?  I think you should create your own channel, and you could challenge your own stand up skills and modify that post anyway you like to suit  Afro  If you need any help just holla..

Hey, Islame, what video-making program do you use for your Youtube vids?
     Reply #57 - May 07, 2010, 06:17 PM

Well.. we can write something up? I can record it and ask you guys what you think?
     Reply #58 - May 07, 2010, 08:13 PM

Well.. we can write something up? I can record it and ask you guys what you think?

Fine, start a thread on it and as a starting point use my post - I am happy to give my thoughts but think everyones input & ideas will be better than mine alone.  Get Iblis involved too, he's really funny.  But you make the final decisions on what you want to do, as you will be presenting it  Afro

Then why you get started I'll give you beginners tips on each & every stage - believe me, (and probably Hassan, Cwar & Rationlizer too), once you get going you wont wanna stop  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #59 - May 21, 2010, 09:47 PM

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »