Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Outline Omega theme: questions and/or problems.

(Read 4004 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Outline Omega theme: questions and/or problems.
     OP - August 30, 2008, 03:28 PM

This is our new forum default theme. I'll mention a fewer minor points so you don't need to ask about them.

1/ This theme has eleven variations, which are selectable by clicking the small buttons above the banner. These buttons are coded to be unobtrusive most of the time but will light up when your cursor is over them.

2/ The final layout of the drop menus is still up for discussion. Expect some alterations.
    If you think of anything that should be in the new menus by all means go ahead and suggest it.

3/ The drop menus do not display if you are using IE6. It's an obsolete browser and was never any good to start with. IE7 is available as a free upgrade if you absolutely must use IE. Beats me why anyone would.

4/ There are three new choices in this theme that use png transparencies. Guess what? IE6 is too dumb to deal with these. Surprise, surprise. Azure Silk, Mircalla and Skyline will look like crap in IE6. There's a solution to that.  Wink

If anyone wants to upgrade their browser read this. Feel free to ask the staff questions if you'd like to know anything else.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Outline Omega theme: questions and/or problems.
     Reply #1 - October 22, 2008, 09:44 PM

I've just fixed a glitch with our default theme's menu. The problem occurred when using an account with standard member permissions. I only just spotted it because I normally use an admin account. If I hadn't had to test someone else's account I probably still wouldn't have known about the problem.

Now this is the important bit: I would have fixed it ages ago, in five minutes flat, if someone had told me about it and given me a screenshot of the problem.
    Just sayin'. parrot

• Re: Outline Omega theme: questions and/or problems.
     Reply #2 - March 25, 2010, 12:24 AM

Just warning people that sometime in the next week or so I will be upgrading this theme to get rid of some of the most gruesome coding I have ever done.  whistling2

The result should be something that loads faster, has better functionality, and looks better. However, if your browser has the images and css for this theme cached and I change them the thing will probably look severely messed up when you arrive at the site.

The solution is to clear your browser cache and force a reload. If the theme still looks messed up after you have done this, give me a yell and I'll sort it.  Afro

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »