Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Policy on PM harassment/stalking/abuse

(Read 8528 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Policy on PM harassment/stalking/abuse
     OP - May 18, 2011, 04:52 AM

This is a general announcement from the mods for all members that the same forum rules apply to Private Messages as to the larger forum and chatroom. Any instance of harassment, abuse, or stalking via PM is a violation of forum policy and could result in removal of PM privileges, plus general warnings and/or a ban.

Anyone who receives any such private message can report it using the "Report to Admin" link within the PM.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Re: Policy on PM harassment/stalking/abuse
     Reply #1 - May 18, 2011, 05:02 AM

LOL@Prince

Quit lying brother. I've been getting lewd messages from the likes of Prince Spinoza and Hassan. What shall I do? I'm really frightened for my life. Help me sister.

And what is the distinction between asking for someone's number or Skype which I might do and harassment which I would interpret as persistent solicitation against the expressed desires of others?

Reply #2 - May 18, 2011, 05:06 AM

True, it is subjective, but that's why the mods, once notified using that Report to Admin link, would discuss each case and look at what kind of PM was sent, how many complaints we receive, by whom, about whom, etc. before we take any steps. In general, it's a good idea to approach other members slowly and respectfully if you think you'd like to communicate with them beyond the forum. If they show hesitancy or outright say no, then stop asking.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #3 - May 18, 2011, 05:21 AM

Intriguing. But can a single request constitute harassment if by definition harassment entails dogged persistence? For instance if I get a message from Hassan saying "Hey hot pants, want a back rub?", that may outrage the moral code of a God fearing man like myself, but it's not harassment if done only once because the sender might think I'm a loose guy.

I get a tonne of messages like that but I never report them till the sender, warned against launching such an obscenity, ventures yet another.

Reply #4 - May 18, 2011, 09:13 PM

Intriguing. But can a single request constitute harassment if by definition harassment entails dogged persistence?

Single request? From the reports we've received, it rather appears that you have a policy of sending PM's like this to every new young woman who arrives on the forum.

Now perhaps I'm too prudish, but I would have thought that propositioning girls half your age, by private message, without any introduction, would generally be considered to be conduct unbecoming.

Since some of the girls concerned seem to concur, I would suggest that you desist if you wish to retain the ablity to send PM's at all. Desisting without being forced to would make everyone happier.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #5 - May 18, 2011, 09:33 PM

Os your post seemed really serious. I hope you're not serious about MAB.  Huh?
     Reply #6 - May 18, 2011, 09:46 PM

Entirely serious.

Reply #7 - May 19, 2011, 08:38 PM

Oh FFS, I can't be bothered with your public masturbation, or with those who wish to encourage you in it. Locking, splitting and dumping the crap.

ETA: Crap split and merged with this topic.

Reply #8 - May 23, 2011, 09:46 PM

Mr Bison has seen fit to deliberately continue despite being asked not to, and as a result will be taking a short holiday from the forum.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »