Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Yet Another New Member

(Read 9964 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Yet Another New Member
     OP - March 22, 2010, 09:50 PM

"King Tut, told me to come here"... and I hope that that's not the opening line to a joke.

Among other things, I consider myself a rationalist, skeptic, freethinker, empiricist, scientist, materialist, naturalist, secular humanist, agnostic gnostic, igtheistic ignostic, libertarian monarchist, non-Randian neo-objectivist, playtester, licensed ham, Star Lord, Potentate of the Rose, and am an ordained minister of the First Church of Atheism.

Thank you for your time,
    --
    DataPacRat
    lu .iacu'i ma krinu lo du'u .ei mi krici la'e di'u li'u traji lo ka vajni fo lo preti
  • Re: Yet Another New Member
     Reply #1 - March 22, 2010, 09:54 PM

WB King Tut!  dance

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #2 - March 22, 2010, 09:55 PM

You sure you aren't actually Tut himself?

non-Randian neo-objectivist,

Please explain.

Assuming you aren't Tut, welcome.

If you are, welcome back?  Huh?

fuck you
     Reply #3 - March 22, 2010, 10:12 PM

Er, no, I'm not King Tut myself. Of course, proving a negative is a little difficult, but I've been online as DataPacRat since 2001, and am the only DataPacRat, so there's a lot of evidence about my independent existence that can be found via Google, including www . google . com /profiles/datapacrat .

As for "non-Randian neo-objectivist", I agree with a great deal of classical Objectivism's epistemology, and its stated ethical goal of "man's life" (my own phrasing being "the preservation and promotion of sentient life, especially my own life"), but my experience of the world has led me to promote rather non-Randian methods for promoting life, such as being in favour of a social safety net.

Thank you for your time,
    --
    DataPacRat
    lu .iacu'i ma krinu lo du'u .ei mi krici la'e di'u li'u traji lo ka vajni fo lo preti
     Reply #4 - March 22, 2010, 10:15 PM

Ok ok, sorry. But welcome anyways! Smiley

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #5 - March 22, 2010, 10:31 PM

Er, no, I'm not King Tut myself. Of course, proving a negative is a little difficult, but I've been online as DataPacRat since 2001, and am the only DataPacRat, so there's a lot of evidence about my independent existence that can be found via Google, including www . google . com /profiles/datapacrat .

As for "non-Randian neo-objectivist", I agree with a great deal of classical Objectivism's epistemology, and its stated ethical goal of "man's life" (my own phrasing being "the preservation and promotion of sentient life, especially my own life"), but my experience of the world has led me to promote rather non-Randian methods for promoting life, such as being in favour of a social safety net.

Yeah, well, I ain't gonna google you, but I still think you're probably Tut.

Anyhow, that doesn't interest me, but the non-Randian Objectivism definitely does, seein as how the philosophy itself came from Ayn Rand. I'm not quite understanding what you wrote, but we can get into that more later.

Later.

fuck you
     Reply #6 - March 22, 2010, 11:01 PM

Welcome, DataPacRat Smiley

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #7 - March 22, 2010, 11:26 PM

welcome homie   Afro

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #8 - March 23, 2010, 04:23 AM

Welcome Smiley
     Reply #9 - March 23, 2010, 04:42 AM

Welcome.  Afro
     Reply #10 - March 23, 2010, 06:11 AM

popcorn

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #11 - March 23, 2010, 06:21 AM

I think the chances of this not being Tut are about the same as the chances of pigs flying backwards.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #12 - March 23, 2010, 07:00 AM

popcorn

lol... +1

But welcome anyway, DataPacRat Smiley
     Reply #13 - March 23, 2010, 07:06 AM

If he looks like a Tut, walks like a Tut and speaks like a Tut, we can consider him a Tut for all purposes ^_^

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #14 - March 23, 2010, 07:07 AM

We have a sarcophagus prepared.  Wink

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #15 - March 23, 2010, 07:17 AM

I think the chances of this not being Tut are about the same as the chances of pigs flying backwards with an evolved eye sketched on their underbelly

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - March 23, 2010, 07:44 AM

I think the chances of this not being Tut are about the same as the chances of pigs flying backwards with an evolved eye sketched on their underbelly

So that, when viewed from below, it looks like the all-seeing eye of god?

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #17 - March 23, 2010, 11:22 AM

To everyone who welcomed me, thank you.

So, you're stating an assertion that's not based on the evidence, and when evidence to the contrary is presented, you refuse to look at it? And here I came here in hopes of finding a forum /not/ populated by those who use the logic used by the faithful...

It sounds like the fellow who recommended I came here /was/ pulling a prank when he said to say Tut sent me. Oh well - I'm sure I'll survive.

<wanders off to read the day's posts in the rest of the forum>

Thank you for your time,
    --
    DataPacRat
     Reply #18 - March 23, 2010, 11:53 AM

A strange introductory post, but welcome, and anjoy your stay, whoever you are.

btw can you let us know a little bit about your background?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - March 23, 2010, 11:55 AM

Sounds like a Jew to me. You know, the guys that did 9/11.

Reply #20 - March 23, 2010, 12:19 PM

A strange introductory post, but welcome, and anjoy your stay, whoever you are.

Sure - I use a little program called "Astronomy Picture of the Day" which automagically downloads a picture from the website of the same name and stretches it out to fit my monitor resolution...

Oh, you mean /that/ sort of background. Well, let's see if I can put together a coherent narrative that's relevant and isn't totally inaccurate. I was a bookworm from an early age, but a rather credulous one, believing just about everything I was told, including religion... including a few Jack Chick tracts. Later on, I read some books on neo-paganism and occultism, and believed them, too... until I discovered what they said didn't actually /work/, which put me on the path to agnosticism for a number of years. About three or four years ago, I discovered the skeptical community online, including JREF and Swift, various podcasts, and some forums; thinking hard about Russell's Teapot turned me from agnostic to atheist. I'm doing what I can to refine and improve my thinking processes, for which "An Intuitive Explanation of Bayes' Theorem" and "Twelve Virtues of Rationality" at yudkowsky .net , and the community at lesswrong .com , seem to be helpful.

Thank you for your time,
    --
    DataPacRat
     Reply #21 - March 23, 2010, 12:23 PM

popcorn

It's like tarantino quality moments watching the spy with only one personality.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #22 - March 23, 2010, 12:36 PM

This is a little too obvious, tut seems to have lost his edge
     Reply #23 - March 23, 2010, 12:37 PM

This dude is such a swot, look at the majestically gargantuan words he doth useth, and also i think that he is trying to find a path to self-actualisation and realisation. What political ideology would you align yourself to, this interests me hugely seeming as i am an A-Level politics student.
     Reply #24 - March 23, 2010, 12:44 PM

popcorn

It's like tarantino quality moments watching the spy with only one personality.

Huh? I don't get it.

fuck you
     Reply #25 - March 23, 2010, 12:47 PM

look at the majestically gargantuan words

Haha, I glanced over his last post and noticed "Bayes Theorem" and conlcuded the same. ROFL.

Reply #26 - March 23, 2010, 12:47 PM

I think she meant his movies all have actors with the same personality, which is quite true Tongue
     Reply #27 - March 23, 2010, 12:53 PM

Huh? I don't get it.

You are new, you need an intro page so we know who you are.
     Reply #28 - March 23, 2010, 12:55 PM

No, My Butt Buddy has been around for a while.    cool2

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #29 - March 23, 2010, 12:57 PM

I aint seen him round before, hes a sneaky bugger.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »