Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslim Woman of the Year nominee!

(Read 7456 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslim Woman of the Year nominee!
     OP - March 22, 2010, 03:51 AM

I would like to officially nominate this woman, but I don't know her name...

"I will not give credit for my accomplishments to an imaginary supreme being, therefore, I also take full responsibility for all of the miserable failures in my life."
  • Re: Muslim Woman of the Year nominee!
     Reply #1 - March 22, 2010, 03:54 AM

Hmm.. I suspect shop.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #2 - March 22, 2010, 04:34 AM

Probably photoshoped
     Reply #3 - March 22, 2010, 04:38 AM

I thought maybe also when I got it today, but none of the usual giveaways are present.
    I dislike emailing shop'd photo's as something real so I've gotten pretty good at recognizing them and this one just doesn't have anything out of place.
    Note the shadows and angles of the shadows on both the woman and achmed, same angle and exactly the same light intensity on both. No weirdness around the woman's outline and she is not sharper than, or duller than anything else in the photo.
    Plus the reflection of her arm on the chrome grill and her leg on the bumper are just too realistic here, that kind of thing is really hard to make look natural.

I'd have to give it my own seal of legitimacy.

"I will not give credit for my accomplishments to an imaginary supreme being, therefore, I also take full responsibility for all of the miserable failures in my life."
     Reply #4 - March 22, 2010, 07:49 AM

Unless they found a suicide note in her handbag I'd say shoped.

Besides look at the driver, her middle finger and where Ahmed is looking.

Reply #5 - March 22, 2010, 08:26 AM

Unless they found a suicide note in her handbag I'd say shoped.

Yep.

No woman is going to get away with giving the finger to mr dinnerjacket. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #6 - March 22, 2010, 08:29 AM

No man either tbh. lol at dinnerjacket
     Reply #7 - March 22, 2010, 09:44 AM

@ Chappy:
    It's possible that she was there - and the only bit that was shopped was her hand/finger.
     Reply #8 - March 22, 2010, 11:45 AM

Original Picture .,  Still She is Brave..

Woman of Iran still didn't learn to Finger to men., They Curse but not that..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #9 - March 22, 2010, 10:47 PM

Yes, I also have found the original image, and examination at the pixel level does lend me to agree that the above image was modified.
    The woman was definitely there, but REAL close examination of the wrist in my image above, shows an angle to it that shouldn't be there, and the real image shows smooth transition from arm to wrist and hand. And this is the one area I didn't examine closely at first...what was I thinking.

My bad, but hey...we can always hope that someday the true power (women) will stand up and make the difference.

Reply #10 - March 22, 2010, 11:21 PM

DAMN!  I was hoping that was real.  finmad

Still, she has guts so kudos to her anyway...

and piss on Mr Dinnerjacket!

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #11 - March 23, 2010, 01:23 AM

DAMN!  I was hoping that was real.  finmad

Still, she has guts so kudos to her anyway...

and piss on Mr Dinnerjacket!

LOL'zers
     Afro

Reply #12 - March 23, 2010, 04:44 AM

I figured it was shopped b/c at least when I was in the ME, the "bad finger" isn't the middle finger. 

[this space for rent]
     Reply #13 - March 23, 2010, 05:23 AM

I figured it was shopped b/c at least when I was in the ME, the "bad finger" isn't the middle finger. 

Really?
    Which one is? Or is there another gesture that would be more appropriate for the area?

While the mid finger is pretty much universally recognized these days, I'm sure the young lady would've used whatever was more common to her also.

This image took a real close scrutiny to spot the fakery and I'm sorry to have posted it as "Real", but if it starts discussion it's worth it.

Reply #14 - March 23, 2010, 08:36 AM

The thumb is the bad finger. Don't ask me why.
     Reply #15 - March 23, 2010, 09:25 AM

It is in morocco, but in reverse.  So hand flat, palm face upwards ___I___  and middle finger sticking up in the middle.  It's the first moroccan I ever learned.   Cheesy

Reply #16 - March 23, 2010, 05:10 PM

I think it's the thumb in Iran, but not the whole ME.
    In Yemen (not sure about others), it's still the middle finger, except you project it horizontally with the the finger and the palm being parallel and facing the person you're giving the finger to.

EDIT: Noticed the description sounds like something taken out of a geometry textbook. So a picture would do better I guess.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #17 - March 23, 2010, 05:12 PM

lol wtf
     Reply #18 - March 23, 2010, 05:13 PM

if i try to insult a Yemeni person and a Moroccan person at the same time i will look like a retarded gangster throwing gang signs
     Reply #19 - March 23, 2010, 05:14 PM

I think it's the thumb in Iran, but not the whole ME.
    In Yemen (not sure about others), it's still the middle finger, except you project it horizontally with the the finger and the palm being parallel and facing the person you're giving the finger to.

EDIT: Noticed the description sounds like something taken out of a geometry textbook. So a picture would do better I guess.

(Clicky for piccy!)

yeah, that way too lol I alternate with that, and the reversing it, accompanied with a few choice insults.

Reply #20 - March 23, 2010, 05:15 PM

lol @ infidel.

Did you actually take a picture of your hand making an offensive gesture?

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #21 - March 25, 2010, 11:39 PM

Thanx for that info!

BlackDog, like our "Thumbs Up" sign?
    Boy, would allot of us ever be in trouble if we visited THAT place... Afro

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »