Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Calender of upcoming events (plus a video).

(Read 6245 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Calender of upcoming events (plus a video).
     OP - January 18, 2008, 09:15 AM

Maryam Namazie joins Richard Dawkins, Schools Select Committee chairman Barry Sheerman, and others on a debate regarding religion and schools on January 16, 2008 on Teachers TV. To see the one hour programme, click here: http://www.teachers.tv/video/24057.

Future events:

The Power of Religion in Society, 24 January 2008, 6:30-8pm, LSE, London

The London chapter of the Dutch Labour Party will host a debate with British and Dutch guest speakers to discuss the role of religion in our society, for example in the education system (the discussion on Islamic Schools) or the delivery of public services (think of the recent debate on Catholic adoption agencies refusing to offer services to gay couples). What lessons can we learn from the Dutch and British experiences? And how powerful is religion in our society nowadays?

Chair: Lord Harrison; Speakers: Cecile Laborde (Politics, University College London); Paul Kalma MP (Dutch Labour MP & former director of the Wiardi Beckman) and Maryam Namazie

Vera Anstey Room
    Main Builing LSE Campus
    Houghton Street
    London WC2A 2AE

Ex-Muslims and the challenge to political Islam, 30 January 2008, 7:30pm, Cambridge University

Maryam Namazie will be speaking at a Cambridge University Atheist and Agnostic Society on the ex-Muslim movement and its challenge to political Islam on January 30, 2008 at 7:30pm. For more information, go here: http://www.cuaas.org.uk/events.htm

Press Conference, February 27, 2008, Berlin

Maryam Namazie will be attending a press conference in Berlin on the Council of Ex-Muslims on February 27, 2008. More details to follow.

Religion and radicalism, 6 March 2008, 7pm, Bishopsgate Institute, London

"We're told that religion today is radical. Islamic extremists, evangelical fundamentalists, Catholic militants - the threat that faith poses to secular society is an aggressive, assertive and vehement one. But historically, the faithful were slated by humanists for their conservatism - where religion went wrong was its opposition to change, not its advocacy of it. So are the religious now radical - or has secular society simply taken on the conservatism of its God-fearing forebears?" Maryam Namazie will be debating with other panellists on this issue.

International Women’s Day seminar, March 10, 2008, London

The Council of Ex-Muslims and Equal Rights Now, an organisation for women’s rights in Iran are holding a seminar in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of International Women's Day on March 10, 2008 from 6-10pm at Conway Hall. The seminar will focus on Sexual apartheid, Islam and political Islam and Women's Rights. Confirmed speakers at the seminar are: Louise Couling, Chair of the Regional Women's Committee and member of the National Executive Council of Unison; Joan Smith, Independent Columnist; Maryam Namazie and Mina Ahadi, the Councils of Ex-Muslims of Britain and Germany and National Secular Society Secularist of the Year award winners in 2005 and 2007 respectively, and Houzan Mahmoud, spokesperson of the Organisation for Women's Freedom in Iraq. The event will be chaired by Hanne Stinson, Chief Executive of the British Humanist Association.  The seminar has been endorsed by the National Secular Society.

International Conference on Apostasy, Ex-Muslims and the challenge to political Islam, October 10, 2008 at Conway Hall, London

The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain is holding an international conference on Apostasy, Ex-Muslims and the challenge to political Islam. Confirmed speakers include: Mina Ahadi, Mahin Alipour, Ehsan Jami, Maryam Namazie, and Ibn Warraq.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Calender of upcoming events (plus a video).
     Reply #1 - January 18, 2008, 01:56 PM

International Conference on Apostasy, Ex-Muslims and the challenge to political Islam, October 10, 2008 at Conway Hall, London

Very interesting events. Wonder how are attendances like, are people apathetic on these issues?
    Would like to attend the October event, that will require some good disguise though.

Cheers!
    A Burgher
     Reply #2 - January 18, 2008, 02:15 PM

I'm actually considering attending some of these if at all possible.  The last two appeal to me the most. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #3 - January 18, 2008, 04:37 PM

I'm actually considering attending some of these if at all possible.  The last two appeal to me the most. 

Yes. It would be great. Will think of a good disguise by then.

Cheers!
    A Burgher
     Reply #4 - January 20, 2008, 05:15 AM

Yes. It would be great. Will think of a good disguise by then.

Will try to work out my schedule.

One of my dreams is to return to the UK and read for my Ph.D and my proposed topic will be to research and write to debunk the 5 pillar myth of Islam. Not sure if there is any university brave enough to let me register - you know how it is with some quarters of the Muslim world - arbitrary fatwas of death penalty, bounty hunters, burning and storming, etc, the kind of scenario that university may have to face. The subject matter will go straight into the heart of the belief system.

Cheers!
    A Burgher
     Reply #5 - February 06, 2008, 12:55 AM

Our favourite Antiayatollah has notified us minions of a few more items.

Maryam begins a four day blog in New Statesman's faith column today.
    Her first entry on leaving Islam is on their site now. Tomorrow she will be discussing Perwiz Kambakhsh.
    To read her piece and make your comment, go to: New Statesman

The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain has endorsed a demonstration in support of Perwiz Kambakhsh's freedom in London this Friday. To find out more about it visit: CEMB Action

There are already a lot of events lined up for 2008.
    Please visit the events page for up to date information: CEMB Action

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - May 02, 2008, 09:32 PM

I can't believe how Dawkings just sat there and defended Christianity. The Christian fundies are regularly stifle scientific progress in the United States. Before long, when we have defenders of Christianity the same will be in Europe too. In fact we might as well start teaching creation "science" in schools. OK now he is attacking Christianity on the basis of the fact they believe in a god.

Maryam has let me down... Who gives a crap what a fool of Islamia thinks... Don't judge Islam on the actions of Muslims but on the teachings of the Qur'ran. Who cares if someone claiming to be a Muslim killed his daughter for not wearing the Hijab. Where in the Qur'an does it say Muslims women should wear the Hijab let alone kill them for not wearing it? Its interesting... That women Maryam is supposedly trying to "free" are owning and basically telling her to shut the hell up. If Muslims women are being abused, lets ask Muslim women...  NOT fox news, Maryam or Sina.  Roll Eyes Actually, I like Mayram, but I think she was a little out of her depth here. I don't blame her, that Mohammed guy looked intimidating.

Finally someone hits the nail on the head, and acknowledges extremism is and militancy is not part of Islam, but is actually Saudi whabbism.
     Reply #7 - March 14, 2011, 10:40 AM

HAHAHA

OLDEST THREAD I COULD FIND!

F**KING SUPER HYPER GIGA BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  parrot
     Reply #8 - March 15, 2011, 11:09 PM

There are older threads, but you can't post in them now ^
     Reply #9 - March 16, 2011, 04:13 PM

Hurrah for thread necrophilia!

Speaking of events, is anyone going along to this tomorrow? I would, but I'm not a member..
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »