Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The ex-Muslims list

(Read 92224 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #270 - February 22, 2013, 05:24 PM

I've added the new peeps on this thread.

Hosna, I've assumed you are female, since there was little info about you on this forum. Tongue

Ideally, if anyone wants to be added: could you please write your:
    - Creed
    - 3 very concise reasons for rejecting Islam. (optional)

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #271 - February 25, 2013, 01:08 AM

Add me.

- Gender-Male

- Current Belief- Pantheist,i believe God is everything in the universe.Universe and God is the same.

- 3 very concise reasons for rejecting Islam.-
    1.The Quran is just a copy and paste of other past religious books and a bunch of made up fairy tales.

2.Mohammed was not a good role model,he was obsessed with sex and made up reasons to indulge in more sexual activities.

3.Allah is not god,God will never enjoy punishing people in hell.God is supposed to love everyone including sinners and disbelievers.Hell doesn't exist.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #272 - March 23, 2013, 05:47 PM

Add me.

My name is mohamed ,am from somalia and grew up in the uae
    - Gender-Male

- Current Belief- agnostic

- 3 very concise reasons for rejecting Islam.-

1. the unbelievers will burn in hell forever
    2.slavery
    3. men can marry up to four wives and obtain countless of female slaves for sexual pleasures.

Doth some one say that there be gods above? There are not; no, there are not. Let no fool, Led by the old false fable, thus deceive you.
    --Euripides (480 BC - 408 BC)
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #273 - March 28, 2013, 05:46 PM

Greetings to all, not on this list yet, but hanging by a thread

"Dont put people in a box, the only people shaped box is a coffin"

"If God wanted us to believe, he would have given divine guidance to us all"

"Religion the ultimate hypnosis, the art of convincing people of a fantasy that they believe all their lives"
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #274 - March 28, 2013, 11:39 PM

Current belief: agnostic

3 concise reasons for rejecting Islam
    1. Why would God send messengers when he can give enlightenment to everyone?
    2. Why would God destroy nations when he can kill only the wicked?
    3. why does a religion as obsessed with sex as Islam have so many rules about it?

"Dont put people in a box, the only people shaped box is a coffin"

"If God wanted us to believe, he would have given divine guidance to us all"

"Religion the ultimate hypnosis, the art of convincing people of a fantasy that they believe all their lives"
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #275 - May 02, 2013, 11:41 PM

Current views: Ignostic non-theist

Top 3 reasons for leaving Islam: I abhor Islam's teachings of hatred and violence, I find the religion to be completely false, and Islam will not let me be the person I truly am.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #276 - May 03, 2013, 01:00 AM

Current views: Deist
    Top reasons: The fall of the scientific miracles claims, Slavery in Quran, The prophets serrah accorsding to Hadeeth
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #277 - May 26, 2013, 10:20 PM

Current views: existential nihilist(atheist).
    Reasons: 1. I value the mind, islam values emotions and faith over mind. 2- All prophets were shepherds, and they know how to lead the sheep. 3. top reason for leaving? sciences, mainly biochemistry and psychology.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #278 - June 03, 2013, 04:40 AM

I'm mountainview, male

country of origin: sudan

I don't believe in Islam for the following reason:
    (1) I do not believe Islam (which includes the Quran and the established practice) is of divine origin. The facts point to Islam having been created and refined over a number of generations by Muhammed, his followers, and the plethora of ruling dynasties and empires.
    (2) Islam is not a simple religion to follow. Devout Muslims will often concede that like any discipline, Islam must be studied because it has been obscured by misinformation (sometimes deliberate) and archaic cultural customs. But even then, that makes it that much harder to get to the simplicity of living a morally upright, happy, noble, and prosperous life. Surely that cannot be God's legacy to men.
    (3) Islam has attractive qualities that deal with human relationships. But it is not a panacea to understanding the world. Some devout Muslims even admit this. As such it is incumbent on thinking global citizens to embrace the softer qualities of Islam (that which deal with human relationships in a positive manner) and to reject mystical themes and obstructive myths.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #279 - June 09, 2013, 06:35 PM

Current Views: Atheist
    Reasons For Not Believing:
    1) The religion is a blatant copy and paste from other past historical texts and myths which I did not believe in the first place.
    2) My biggest gripe is the way women are treated. I believe that a true god would make women equal on all accounts, and would change society as a whole to meet that demand without making us second class citizens that are put up onto a pedestal.
    3) It all seems so stuck in the 7th century, I didn't see it before clearly, but a religion should be able to transcend time for everything, and a true god would no doubt be able to do that.
    Bonus Reason: Why the heck would a god go all anal on such a small creation in the first place?

The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.
    ― Baruch Spinoza
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #280 - June 14, 2013, 04:04 PM

Hai.. Im new with this i suppose... But i am glad i joined. Is it safe?

Write for yourself
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #281 - June 14, 2013, 05:49 PM

I am Faithless Lady, Female

Current belief : atheist

Reason For Not Believing:

1. From young age till today, no one seems to be sure of what Islam is. Whenever i asked questions, they shoot me down.. Some of them even quickly imply i am apostate just for Asking some questions. I begin to realize: i cannot ask anything, i have to believe everything blindly.

The problem is: i am not blind!

The total submission thing :  Islam is like BDSM relationship, where there's the Dominant, Allah and the followers : the Submissives.... Its all about Total Submission and acceptance that really challenges my concscience and intellectual.
    And to me, this is way so stupid, and those who slaves themselves into this is so empty... Made me wonder why we are here in the first place? If everyday we follow a set of rules, like robots? Then Allah should have created robots, not humans.

Prophet Mohammed: who is this guy? No one csn actually describe how he looks like... And yet they follow him? If he is so damned popular, he should be on the glossy magazines, like Angelina Jolie or something... But who the fuxk is he? Married Aisha when she was 6 and had sex with her when she was 9? Pedophile? Damn yes he is...

And he constitues killing of Apostates and Kaffirs? And again they follow him blindly?

Surely this earth is better off without Allah and Mohamad..

Write for yourself
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #282 - June 25, 2013, 09:19 PM

Hello.

I am male.
    I am from Malaysia, currently living in Germany.
    Ex-Muslim, now atheist.
    Three of many reasons for leaving:
    1. Scientific and historical errors in the Qur'an and Hadith.
    2. Inability to accept that good people will suffer an eternity of hell for not believing.
    3. Discrimination of homosexuals.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #283 - June 26, 2013, 08:41 AM

Oh , a lot of Ex Muslims .....
    Really sorry , this is not my place .
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #284 - June 26, 2013, 01:01 PM

Marhaban

Male
    I'm a Palestinian American who resides in America
    Ex Muslim, Now Anti-theist
    my three reasons for leaving:
    1. The hypocrisy of religious people
    2. The concept of Heaven and Hell
    3. Pre-destination of people (see 2:6-7, 2:15)

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.

Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.
    - George Carlin
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #285 - June 30, 2013, 03:56 AM

Add me please.

Gender. Male
    Country. Australia
    Current Belief. Atheist

Reasons to Leave Islam:

1. No different than other religions which claim to be true.
    2. Psychological Condition of Muhammad, Non-diagnosed Schizophrenia, or other Mental health problem/s. Divine Revelation while sweating. (hallucinogenic episodes) etc...
    3. Human traits in Quran, e.g anger for outsiders/non believers.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #286 - July 15, 2013, 08:47 AM

Ex-Muslims: INDIA is an online platform for Atheist/Agnostics/Humanist/Rationalist Born in India with Islamic upbringing or Converted earlier to Islam without complete information.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/exmuslims.india/members/

Ex-Muslims: INDIA. We stand for democracy, free speech, education, and the right of individuals to leave their faith freely and without persecution from their communities.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/exmuslims.india/
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #287 - July 24, 2013, 07:43 PM

please list me as;

Fully fledged Kafir
    female
    UK
    ex-muslim turned atheist

reasons for quitting islam;

1. it's the most oppressive religion out there, and has wreaked havoc on mankind for generations and still continues to do so,
    2. watched videos / read the works of Richard Dawkins, Carl Sagan, Bertrand Russell, Ali Sina etc
    3. science and common sense pretty much

thanks
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #288 - July 24, 2013, 09:08 PM

Add me too, please!

Creed: Atheist

I left Islam because:
    1) General maltreatment of women, specifically Ayesha.
    2) Mo was the farthest thing from the model human, contrary to muslim belief.
    3) If there really was an all knowing god then he would have known that the Qur'an (and many other religious texts) was not going to work well in modern times; he would have known slavery and other human rights violations weren't a good idea.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #289 - July 25, 2013, 08:31 AM

If you're not in the list yet and would like to be added, then please reply to this thread. You can optionally state your gender, current beliefs, the country you reside in and three reasons why you don't believe in Islam anymore.

PS.: Here's the old thread.

Edit: Removed link to out-of-date XHTML page with sortable columns and stats.

Good idea to make a list. I've noticed I'm on the list too. However, is it possible to update my profile?
    Here are the answers to the requested questions:

Name: Meylis
    Current Beliefs: Secular Humanist
    Three reason why I don't believe in Islam:
     1) There is more than enough evidence that it is a fraud.
     2) It's clear to me, now, that Mo was a sexually obsessed pedophile warlord - no one else.
     3) Science makes sense.

"The future is bright; only we can get there faster"
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #290 - August 20, 2013, 02:08 PM

Hi Aziz,
    Can u plz add me to the list?

"male, atheist, London, Reasons : 1- Islam is a political ideology made up by Mohammed to unite the rule of Arabs under him and his Hashimi family, it's a totalitarian cult.  2-ridiculous shariah that makes life hell on an individual, marital and socio-political levels.  3- Muhammed contradicts his own laws; and the myth-filled-Quran makes exist points for him in rather obvious and shameful ways "

thnkyu

keep up the great work

My position remains the same. I hate, yes hate, your religion, your god/s, your koran,bible, holy text, your prophet and all that sick nonsense.. but I don't hate YOU.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #291 - August 20, 2013, 02:25 PM

Name: Mohammed

Belief: Agnostic

Three reason:

1) Scientific errors in the Qur'an,
    2) historical errors
    3) Shariah makes the lives of the individual rotten 

YOLO AND SWAG WILL SET YOU FREE
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #292 - August 20, 2013, 05:23 PM

Thank u Aziz for adding my name.

Appreciate it.

CheeeeeerZ Smiley

My position remains the same. I hate, yes hate, your religion, your god/s, your koran,bible, holy text, your prophet and all that sick nonsense.. but I don't hate YOU.
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #293 - August 20, 2013, 11:56 PM

Aziz ain't around these days. He moved on years ago (to do some real-life living).
    It's just my humble self doing the wiki editing. parrot

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #294 - August 21, 2013, 03:24 AM

thanks for putting me in the list ^_^

YOLO AND SWAG WILL SET YOU FREE
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #295 - August 21, 2013, 05:18 AM

Hey, can you update my location from the UK to the US?  I moved back three years ago.

Kthanksbai

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #296 - August 22, 2013, 12:14 AM

Add me!
    Name: Mia
    Belief: Atheist
    My top 3 reasons for leaving Islam:
    1. The immoral characteristics of Allah and the prophets of Islam
    2. Incompatibility with science and rationality
    3. The violations of human rights

turnipovich
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #297 - August 22, 2013, 12:33 PM

Can you add me pls?
    Name: INcePtion
    Belief: atheist
    My top 3 reasons are the same as mia
    -the violation of human rights
    -it is a man-made dogma
    -incompatible with science
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #298 - August 22, 2013, 01:01 PM

I always feel happy when I see another UK listing.  Smiley

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #299 - August 22, 2013, 01:28 PM

Name: JVegas
    Belief: Agnostic Atheist
    Top 3:
    1.Evolution, and evidence being in DIRECT CONTRADICTION to claims made in Prophetic tradition.
    2. Flying horses, talking ants, people living in whales, splitting the moon etc etc
    3. Hell, and the psychological grip it has on people.

Don't read all those science books bro, you'll just get more confused.

That's funny. The more science I read, the less confused I get.
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »