Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: The ex-Muslims list

(Read 92788 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The ex-Muslims list
     Reply #120 - October 29, 2010, 10:57 PM

Very interesting. I'll provide my details.

Name: Faiz

3 reasons for leaving Islam:

1. The genocide of Banu Quraiza
    2. The qadr and free-will paradox
    3. Death penalty for leaving Islam

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
     Reply #121 - October 30, 2010, 05:23 AM

2. The qadr and free-will paradox

whats qadr?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #122 - October 30, 2010, 06:01 AM

I could never work that shit out either. Sometimes I thought I got close. I figured I was too dumb to grasp it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qadr_(doctrine)

The language of the mob was only the language of public opinion cleansed of hypocrisy and restraint - Hannah Arendt.
     Reply #123 - October 30, 2010, 07:17 AM

whats qadr?

The path Allah has already chosen for us and it is written down or something. Basically it says that when a person is born all of their life's future actions are already known by Allah. Sorta defeats the point of free will don't you think? And then all knowing Allah roasts us in Hell when he already KNOWS the outcome of our life.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
     Reply #124 - October 30, 2010, 09:25 AM

^ it's very complicated , the best way to look at it is that for islam free will and "fate" , run together

so if you stole something it's your fault not fate

but if you got something beyond your grasps , like a big sum of money from some guy then it's "fate"
     Reply #125 - October 30, 2010, 07:38 PM

I don't see any contradiction between free will and predestination but then again I don't fully understand it. What doesn't make sense is predestination and the meaning of life. If life is just a test to see if you're going to be in Jannah or not and not but God already knows the results of this test through his omniscience, then what exactly is the meaning of life?

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #126 - October 30, 2010, 07:44 PM

There's a lot of confusion between al-Qadr and Free Will for Muslims.
    If you believe in God, there's conflict and confusion.
    If you don't, then it makes complete sense. IMO
     Reply #127 - October 30, 2010, 07:56 PM

@GodIsNotGreat  that's exactly the problem , because allah said that he knows the results but as the same time he say that fate doesn't determine whether you go to hell , it's all about your choices

there is one thing though , there are many verses where he say that he "blinds" the infidels hearts corrupting they're judgment which makes them commit evil acts not of they're choices

and there are verses where he "gives up" on people because they lost they're way one too many times , making recovery for them impossible

the bottom-line for me is that quran is the most contradicting piece of garbage ever , it even beats torah which has been written by many people  
     Reply #128 - November 02, 2010, 02:16 PM

male

atheist

sydney

1. no proof for allah AT ALL
    2. too evil to worship even if he did exist
    3. teaches immoral things

'A syllogism; other men die
    But I am not another: therefore I'll not die.'
     Reply #129 - November 02, 2010, 09:41 PM

I don't see any contradiction between free will and predestination but then again I don't fully understand it. What doesn't make sense is predestination and the meaning of life. If life is just a test to see if you're going to be in Jannah or not and not but God already knows the results of this test through his omniscience, then what exactly is the meaning of life?

My teacher for Islamic studies put it this way :  Although Allah knows what you will decide and who will end up in heaven , etc , he does not compel you to do it (but he still knows that you will ) wacko

If you would like to know more about me send me a message Smiley

(Arcade Fire, Ready to Start)
     Reply #130 - November 02, 2010, 10:39 PM

A great book about pre-destination: Slaughterhouse Five. One of my favourite books if not my favourite novel.

I think the idea of pre-destination is much nicer than the idea of free will, of course that alone is not a reason to believe in it.
     Reply #131 - November 03, 2010, 06:26 AM

A great book about pre-destination: Slaughterhouse Five. One of my favourite books if not my favourite novel.

Same! Love Kurt Vonnegut.  Afro

I think the idea of pre-destination is much nicer than the idea of free will, of course that alone is not a reason to believe in it.

Why nicer?

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #132 - November 03, 2010, 06:32 AM

My teacher for Islamic studies put it this way :  Although Allah knows what you will decide and who will end up in heaven , etc , he does not compel you to do it (but he still knows that you will ) wacko

@GodIsNotGreat  that's exactly the problem , because allah said that he knows the results but as the same time he say that fate doesn't determine whether you go to hell , it's all about your choices

there is one thing though , there are many verses where he say that he "blinds" the infidels hearts corrupting they're judgment which makes them commit evil acts not of they're choices

and there are verses where he "gives up" on people because they lost they're way one too many times , making recovery for them impossible

the bottom-line for me is that quran is the most contradicting piece of garbage ever , it even beats torah which has been written by many people  

Yeah that was one of the things that I never could rationalise as a Muslim.  wacko

Reply #133 - November 03, 2010, 06:43 AM

Yeah that was one of the things that I never could rationalise as a Muslim.  wacko

Yeah, it made me so depressed when I couldn't make sense of it. And once I finally admitted to myself that there is no god, it was like "Zing! Everything finally makes sense!". It took a huge weight off my shoulders. Until existential depression kicked in.  Tongue

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #134 - November 10, 2010, 06:46 PM

Well hi,i'm savage,just testing stuff riight now,i'm a noob,some of you may "know" me "BD,BD,BD blah blah" yes
     Reply #135 - November 14, 2010, 07:19 PM

i guess its like watching a film where u know exactly whats going to happen but still watch it for the sake of watching it
     Reply #136 - November 14, 2010, 07:32 PM

It's not like that.

It's more like a Director writing a script and us, the actors acting it out, and the Director punishing us for following the script. I think.  wacko

Reply #137 - November 14, 2010, 10:37 PM

Hey you can add me to the Ex-Muslim list as well

Reason for leaving Islam? It goes almost EVERYTHING against what I personally stand for.. lack of womens rights, discrimination against minorities, more political than spiritual..bad human rights and it destroys a persons self esteem.

"Do well and you will have no need for ancestors."...Voltaire
     Reply #138 - December 03, 2010, 04:40 PM

bold.  WERE you a muslim?  born/converted/reverted *blah!* etc.
    what region of the world are you from and when did you decide all
    this?  Inquiring minds want to know! AND would you consider calling
    Allah a wanker?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #139 - December 03, 2010, 05:03 PM

+1 - you can put it all by posting in a thread in the introductory section of the forum  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #140 - December 25, 2010, 10:20 AM

Hi guys,

I'm newbie here, an ex muslim Atheist, 32 yo male from Indonesia.

Good to know you all and hope could make something real and actual fight against the intolerance.

HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASONS AND NEW YEAR 2011   thnkyu
     Reply #141 - December 25, 2010, 10:23 AM

Welcome Candu. Please make a thread about yourself in the intro section and tell us your story and how you became an ex muslim Wink
     Reply #142 - December 25, 2010, 11:26 AM

Am i on the list?: grin12

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #143 - February 16, 2011, 01:19 PM

female
    london

1. impractical and incomprehendible teachings
    2. inequality and degradation of women
    3. incites racial segragation and violence among individuals

thnkyu
     Reply #144 - February 16, 2011, 01:22 PM

i would like to be on the atheist - ex muslim list  thnkyu

Sorry - the list is full - we're not taking any more Ex-Muslims.

grin12

Reply #145 - February 16, 2011, 01:26 PM

Sorry - the list is full - we're not taking any more Ex-Muslims.

grin12

i hope that was a joke, i do not want to be known as member and make myself seem ambiguous,

i need to be know as an atheist!  tickedoff
     Reply #146 - February 16, 2011, 01:39 PM

i hope that was a joke, i do not want to be known as member and make myself seem ambiguous,

i need to be know as an atheist!  tickedoff

Sorry, but as I say, we are full and cannot accept any more Ex-Muslims. You will have to either return to Islam or select one of the other religious delusions to join.

Good luck and best wishes.

(just kidding - I'm sure an admi/mod will add you soon Smiley )
     Reply #147 - February 16, 2011, 01:40 PM

Name: Abdul

1. Contridicts and discourages science
    2. immoral "death for apostasy" "against gay,women and equal rights"
    3. Ignorace toward people with diffrent opiions of diffrent faiths or of not faith at all.

The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars. [Carl Sagan]

Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home. [carl sagan]
     Reply #148 - February 16, 2011, 01:43 PM

Sorry, but as I say, we are full and cannot accept any more Ex-Muslims. You will have to either return to Islam or select one of the other religious delusions to join.

Good luck and best wishes.

(just kidding - I'm sure an admi/mod will add you soon Smiley )

omdaaaaiz i thought you were an admin! grrr im after you now!!  evil

Reply #149 - February 18, 2011, 10:51 AM

ok you can add me as ex-muslim too!!! More than proud to be on the list.

30 years old
    from Holland
    no current religion (agnostic)

three reasons why I stopped believing:
    1) inhumanity in rulings: stoning, killing gays, apostates
    2) treatment of women (up until paradise you are treated inferior, as your loving and caring husband who protected you as a diamond gets to have as many girls he wants to have fun with whereas you will be secluded as a pearl in guarded domes - can you imagine)
    3) it's just not true, contradicted in many ways by science (evolutionary theory being the most important one)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »