Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Berbs Blog, much madness within

(Read 169609 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 34 35 3637 38 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Berbs Blog, much madness within
     Reply #1050 - October 23, 2008, 07:38 AM

Try this link:

http://www.discordia-inc.co.uk/misc/mbtitest.html

You could be an INFP.  dance

K, I took the test and it says I'm an SOB.  bunny

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1051 - October 23, 2008, 07:39 AM

try to stick to one answer for each question unless you really really can't decide between 2.

Translation: you must categorise yourself according to our pre-ordained system. Resistance is useless. You have been assimilated. Tongue

Reply #1052 - October 23, 2008, 09:49 AM

I can't believe so many words wasted on this MBTI bollocks. cool2

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1053 - October 23, 2008, 11:52 AM

Snob... razz

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #1054 - October 23, 2008, 12:02 PM

Snob... razz

No snobbery involved, just an aversion to too easily gleaned, 'well that explains that then' answers Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1055 - October 23, 2008, 10:03 PM

If you set up a system that categorises people according to how they answer a test then obviously everyone who does the test will somehow magically fall into one of the categories. This is trivial. If one of the questions is "Do you shit your pants in large social groups?" then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that anyone who answers "Yes" is an intovert. Meh.

Reply #1056 - October 23, 2008, 10:18 PM

If you set up a system that categorises people according to how they answer a test then obviously everyone who does the test will somehow magically fall into one of the categories. This is trivial. If one of the questions is "Do you shit your pants in large social groups?" then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that anyone who answers "Yes" is an intovert. Meh.

Briggs Meyer tests are supposed to control for that by asking the same questions in various different ways and analysing the general trend of yes and no answers. 

But apart from that, I think they just reflect the testee's self-image rather than any objective standard of "personality type", especially when they are self-administered over the Internet.  There might be some point to them if they're administered by a psychiatrist but not by yourself.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #1057 - October 23, 2008, 10:43 PM

But apart from that, I think they just reflect the testee's self-image rather than any objective standard of "personality type", especially when they are self-administered over the Internet.  There might be some point to them if they're administered by a psychiatrist but not by yourself.

Totally agree!

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1058 - October 24, 2008, 09:26 AM

Yup, it reminds me of all the lies I told in Psychometric testing at job interviews.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
  • Cheering people up
     Reply #1059 - November 05, 2008, 10:42 AM

What are the methods or words you use to cheer up someone else?

I find it really hard to tell people that "don't worry, it will get better" or "life is full of sun, flowers, rainbows and hope" because I don't believe it myself.

When my friend is depressed I want so much to cheer her up but I can't say any of the regular platitudes because I would be lying.

I feel false, so I say things like "well life is shit, but you just get yourself up and keep going forward because the only onther alternative is suicide and that's a waste"

As if that would cheer anyone up. 

I can only give survivor speeches, not ones of hope. 

================================================================

Forgiveness

I forgive my ex for the things he did to me, I think I reached an inner understanding on the matter recently.  I never could understand why people would forgive extremely serious things, but I see now that it's a part of some peoples nature to let it go before it eats them up.

I feel a letting go occuring, and where I was previously angry with myself for being so forgiving, I can see now that it is nothing to ashamed of.

I will of course never forget and learned many lessons about myself and human behaviour, but I'm not being destroyed internally anymore now I have made peace with it.

I don't think he ever meant to behave the way he did, at times I think he was deeply ashamed of it too.  But I think that just made it worse for him, the angrier he became at himself the more he took it out on me.  I think he was bitter long before I met him and that's where his behaviour came from.

I see it in myself, the anger the bitterness, the snappiness, the aggression.  It all stems from self hate.

So I forgive him.  I don't trust him, I don't want anything to do with further than the children we share but I wish him well in his life, I hope he has learnt a better way and makes a happier life for himself.

I wish the same thing for me too.

I want to be happy, to move on from the pain and start seeing the positive things in life, that surround me.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #1060 - November 05, 2008, 10:47 AM

Great post, Berbs, especially the second part! I always told you - forgiving is something that benefits YOU, if you can honestly do it, not force yourself to!  Afro
     Reply #1061 - November 05, 2008, 10:53 AM

Great post, Berbs, especially the second part! I always told you - forgiving is something that benefits YOU, if you can honestly do it, not force yourself to!  Afro

I feel that too now.  The other times I felt my inner nature dishing out understanding (which would have brought forgiveness on its heels) to my ex I actually became really angry with myself (good thing I don't self harm anymore lol I was that angry).

I'm not angry or ashamed anymore, it's time to let go and for me that comes with understanding and forgiveness.  The anger was just dragging it on.

I was listening to one of the songs that I was listening to when I first properly ended all contact with him, and there was a sepcific lyric where he sings "without me there to hold you back, don't think, just do" and I realised that I have been thinking away more years of my life, dedicated to anger towards someone I loved deeply once.

When we spoke of this last time I wasn't ready, I am now.  Smiley

Reply #1062 - November 05, 2008, 10:59 AM

Good. About time. You'll like it.

Reply #1063 - November 05, 2008, 11:02 AM

Berbs, that is a deep post. I am happy to see that. Whatever has gone is past. Less grudges means happier life for u and the kids as well  Afro
     Reply #1064 - November 05, 2008, 11:14 AM

Well it weren't all me lol got to thank Jack for his bitterness/gratitude thread.  Whilst I still don't agree that gratitude is the alternative he is right, bitterness is just a silly way to spend the rest of my life.

Plus you could sort of tell that I'm not feeling the same way on this topic anymore when I was aksed to respond to his latest statement.  None of the lies riled me up, I didn't feel driven into a tit for tat thing.  I just read it and replied to my solicitor that there was nothing I wished to respond to in it.

I went upstairs to tuck my 6yr old son into last week, and as I plumped up his pillow I found a picture of his dad that he had put under his pillow and where a few years ago I might have been upset that they hold him in high regard inspite of everything, I just felt this rush of tenderness towards my son and happiness that they love their father.

It's taken me awhile, I thought I'd never get there and that I'd be angry forever, righteous fury and rage lol

=========================================================

Seperate issue, my cat and kitty are finally snuggled up together.  I thought they would never get there too.  bunny

Reply #1065 - November 05, 2008, 11:17 AM

Sounds like great progress is being made.  dance

Reply #1066 - November 05, 2008, 11:18 AM

Yep, next step, try to take over the world signmuahaha

Reply #1067 - November 05, 2008, 11:20 AM

If I die in your mission to take over the world, will I get 72 virgin boys?  cool2

Reply #1068 - November 05, 2008, 11:22 AM

If I die in your mission to take over the world, will I get 72 virgin boys?  cool2

One way to find out. Tongue

Reply #1069 - November 05, 2008, 11:25 AM

Fuck! Burbles, I just thought of a major problem. You can't do this shit. It'll totally bollix your MBTI scores. Cheesy

Reply #1070 - November 05, 2008, 11:25 AM

Nope, not virgins, you'll get 72 white raisins.  cool2

Reply #1071 - November 05, 2008, 11:28 AM

Fuck! Burbles, I just thought of a major problem. You can't do this shit. It'll totally bollix your MBTI scores. Cheesy

Wrong  Tongue, I was an unhealthy representation of my type.

Anyway MBTI sucks, ever since I found out I was an introvert I became even more introverted  Cheesy

I went from a 57% introversion when I first tested to an 88% a few months ago.

If knowing MBTI means giving up then I don't want to know it no more.  bunny

Reply #1072 - November 05, 2008, 11:32 AM

Nope, not virgins, you'll get 72 white raisins.  cool2

Cheesy

On a serious note, the way you handled ur Ex's photograph with your son is really great.
     Reply #1073 - November 05, 2008, 11:32 AM

I thought that was, what Sorge is trying to do?  Huh?
     Reply #1074 - November 05, 2008, 11:36 AM

Anyway MBTI sucks, ever since I found out I was an introvert I became even more introverted  Cheesy

Yeah, it's called "self-fulfilling prophecy".

Reply #1075 - November 05, 2008, 11:37 AM

Cheesy

On a serious note, the way you handled ur Ex's photograph with your son is really great.

Thanks  Smiley, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't upset me too, and if I had been super flexible I probably would have patted myself on the back for a job well done lol  Wink

I thought that was, what Sorge is trying to do?  Huh?

Sorge is taking too long, time to let someone else take over methinks.  bunny

Reply #1076 - November 05, 2008, 11:38 AM

Yeah, it's called "self-fulfilling prophecy".

I prophecise that I will be a millionaire in the next year. Crystal Ball

I fucking hope this one works.  Cheesy

Reply #1077 - November 05, 2008, 03:17 PM

Uh...yeah I am a typical INFP pansy myself... Roll Eyes

Hehehe... the problem is not letting yourself take it, or other descriptives, as 100% gospel truth. Sure it can be helpful, but it seems to me that having complete belief in such things just gets a person in trouble.  I would think you would be skeptical, I am. If you want to believe in something, believe that you can change yourself for the better. And don't let all the descriptions turn you into a caricature.

Look where we are posting Berbs, skepticism is healthy.  grin12

hugs

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
  • Re: Cheering people up
     Reply #1078 - November 05, 2008, 10:29 PM

I want to be happy, to move on from the pain and start seeing the positive things in life, that surround me.

Yay! Go Berbs!  yay

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
  • Giving a talk at a Uni class?
     Reply #1079 - November 27, 2008, 02:10 PM

I was asked to attend some kind of uni talk and to stand up and talk about my experiences in Islam, and moroccan culture living within host countries.  Some anthropologist teacher asked me to  wacko.

Honestly she surprised me with the request as I didn't expect it, nor understood what my experiences could possibly bring to her class?  what do you think she thought would be of use?

I said no, and then that I would think about it, but first I wanted some advice since I haven't a clue what she believes I could bring to the class.  wacko

Anthropology?

• Previous page 1 ... 34 35 3637 38 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »