Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Berbs Blog, much madness within

(Read 169641 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 33 34 3536 37 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Making new friends
     Reply #1020 - October 15, 2008, 08:24 PM

Use the famous ice breaker, just politely but firmly ask her what the fuck's stuck up their arse.  She'll get the joke, laugh and you'll be no nonsense,  best buddies for life.

I'm trying to win friends Jack not frighten them away even more  Tongue

Ask her about her hobbies, what does she like doing, what kind of music she likes what does she like reading, ask about her background is she English? etc... If she has grown up in the area. I find when I make new friends I look at for 4 main things.

1. Mainly the persons intelligence if the person is lacking in intellect or I don't think I will learn anything from them, its unlikely I would further advance the discussion.

2. If the person is genuine and honest, someoen you can talk to without the fear of it being broadcast to the whole city.

3. Independence, must be independent, and be ok with no seeing me for like 6 months in a time and still be OK with that, as sometimes I hit the hibernation switch.  

4. Has to be responsible but not boring, such as not being into wanting to break the law, or too domineering.

I have maybe two such friends in real life, although both are slightly anti-social.    

Honestly I don't look for much more than a certain spark that happens when two like minded people meet and so far she seems like my sort of person.

I sometimes go to the cafe with another mother but I honestly don't feel a connection of like minds and I am looking for some new BFF's.   bunny

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Berbs Blog, much madness within
     Reply #1021 - October 15, 2008, 09:08 PM

I like Cheetah's plan. Kids are always good ice breakers for mothers. Ask kid to tea. Give mum coffee when she picks kid up. Or something like that. Whatever. Just chill out.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1022 - October 21, 2008, 12:50 PM

I like Cheetah's plan. Kids are always good ice breakers for mothers. Ask kid to tea. Give mum coffee when she picks kid up. Or something like that. Whatever. Just chill out.

hah well i didn't even need to implement Cheetahs plan lol because I asked her to the cafe this morning and then from there we went back to hers and drank wine and breezers, and she made a super tasty lunch.

It was great and I felt good because obviously making friends is easier than I have somehow ended up believing lol  Cheesy

Reply #1023 - October 21, 2008, 09:39 PM

Afro Good stuff. So does she think you're a lesbian yet?  Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1024 - October 22, 2008, 11:02 AM

Nah, I'm saving that until I get her drunk and make my move.  Wink

Only now I'm cheating on her because I went for coffee with another mum this morning.  This making friends and connections thing is easier than I had worked myself up into believing lol  bunny

Reply #1025 - October 22, 2008, 11:06 AM

Nah, I'm saving that until I get her drunk and make my move.  Wink

Only now I'm cheating on her because I went for coffee with another mum this morning.  This making friends and connections thing is easier than I had worked myself up into believing lol  bunny

Why did you think it would be so difficult in the first place?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1026 - October 22, 2008, 11:12 AM

Because of my self esteem and low confidence.  I just figured no one would really want to know me so why give them the chance to do the rejecting when I can just reject them from the off?

For the last 4yrs of my life I have gone 6 months upwards with no contact with other people, just phone calls to a close friend but 6 months maybe more not actually meeting up with her or anything, just chatting on the net.  It's quite easy to lose your social skills if you lose your confidence and trust in people.

Plus the 8yrs of "who would ever want to be your friend" "I'm the only one who wants you, I'm the only one who likes you" from my ex hubby and you get a bag of nerves who starts to actually believe that shit.

I'm not even 100% sure that these connections with these women will develop into a friendship however it's taken me 4 yrs of being alone to even get to this stage of being prepared to try again, of putting myself out there and hoping I don't get let down all over again.  So it's an up and onwards time of my life.  parrot

Reply #1027 - October 22, 2008, 11:20 AM

Because of my self esteem and low confidence.  I just figured no one would really want to know me so why give them the chance to do the rejecting when I can just reject them from the off?

For the last 4yrs of my life I have gone 6 months upwards with no contact with other people, just phone calls to a close friend but 6 months maybe more not actually meeting up with her or anything, just chatting on the net.  It's quite easy to lose your social skills if you lose your confidence and trust in people.

Plus the 8yrs of "who would ever want to be your friend" "I'm the only one who wants you, I'm the only one who likes you" from my ex hubby and you get a bag of nerves who starts to actually believe that shit.

I'm not even 100% sure that these connections with these women will develop into a friendship however it's taken me 4 yrs of being alone to even get to this stage of being prepared to try again, of putting myself out there and hoping I don't get let down all over again.  So it's an up and onwards time of my life.  parrot

It'll all be fine, don't worry. just don't hold too much store in other people. If you can rely on yourself, that's the hard bit over with.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1028 - October 22, 2008, 11:23 AM

It'll all be fine, don't worry. just don't hold too much store in other people. If you can rely on yourself, that's the hard bit over with.

That's the hard part that I am still working on  Cheesy.  Don't worry though I have had plenty of practise recently with my best friend, I placed her on a pedestal and now she has been taken off, but unlike previously I have come to terms with the reasons and still love her and consider her a friend even if it is in a diminished capacity.

Normally I would have withdrawn for even longer and been even more resentful of the human population.

Honestly, humans are wierd, when my spaceship comes to take me back home I;m out of here. 001_tongue

Reply #1029 - October 22, 2008, 11:28 AM

Honestly, humans are wierd, when my spaceship comes to take me back home I;m out of here. 001_tongue

Yeah, they, we, are. I can see why all those people joined the Heaven's Gate cult, I woullda been tempted by a flying saucer coming to rescue me Smiley

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1030 - October 22, 2008, 11:32 AM

Yeah, they, we, are. I can see why all those people joined the Heaven's Gate cult, I woullda been tempted by a flying saucer coming to rescue me Smiley

wacko I just had to look that cult up, fuck me what a bunch of nutters.  Every real alien knows that in order to get onto the spaceship you need a seventh level transport pod.  Roll Eyes

Reply #1031 - October 22, 2008, 11:42 AM

So it's an up and onwards time of my life.  parrot

Good up
    Keep up making friends
     Reply #1032 - October 22, 2008, 11:58 AM

So it's an up and onwards time of my life.  parrot

Good up
    Keep up making friends

Thanks learn2bcalm. hugs

Reply #1033 - October 22, 2008, 01:05 PM

Congratulations. You'll be most popular mum yet. lolz
     Reply #1034 - October 22, 2008, 01:13 PM

lol I doubt that will ever happen, I'm not extraverted enough to pull of that type of popularity, at least not anymore.  parrot

Reply #1035 - October 22, 2008, 01:14 PM

lol I doubt that will ever happen, I'm not extraverted enough to pull of that type of popularity, at least not anymore.  parrot

Still following the MBTI mollocks to the follocks then?
    It said I was INFP. lmao

I dont know if it was INFP or summink else or what it means but........ yeah.  Afro

Gollocks to the schmollocks
     Reply #1036 - October 22, 2008, 01:24 PM

It said I was INFP. lmao

I dont know if it was INFP or summink else or what it means but........ yeah.  Afro

Come on, even without MBTI you know that you are not a social crazy person, same as I do lol I much prefer quiet time alone at times, and I prefer having a few close friends, juggling too many buddies can be draining (because women can be bitchy in groups) (sorry bitches, but you are  Tongue)

Reply #1037 - October 22, 2008, 01:25 PM

It said I was INFP. lmao

Come on, even without MBTI you know that you are not a social crazy person, same as I do lol I much prefer quiet time alone at times, and I prefer having a few close friends, juggling too many buddies can be draining (because women can be bitchy in groups) (sorry bitches, but you are  Tongue)

Yeah bitches. lol

Im not an INFP though, am I? That's a load of codswallop, pardon my language
     Reply #1038 - October 22, 2008, 01:26 PM

Yeah bitches. lol

Im not an INFP though, am I? That's a load of codswallop, pardon my language

Try this link:

http://www.discordia-inc.co.uk/misc/mbtitest.html

You could be an INFP.  dance

Reply #1039 - October 22, 2008, 01:27 PM

try to stick to one answer for each question unless you really really can't decide between 2.

Reply #1040 - October 22, 2008, 01:35 PM

ISFP
     Reply #1041 - October 22, 2008, 01:35 PM

Introversion (I): 11  versus Extroversion (E): 4 
    Sensing (S): 11  versus Intuition (N): 7 
    Thinking (T): 6  versus Feeling (F): 7 
    Judging (J): 4  versus Perceiving (P): 5 
     Reply #1042 - October 22, 2008, 01:40 PM

ISFP

I would have said ISTP, your F and T aren't far apart and your humour is very istp'ish.  Wink

I even said to myself ages ago that you were an istp, man I just love it when I is right.

You could be ISfP though, you'd be the first I've known for a prolonged amount of time.  bunny

Reply #1043 - October 22, 2008, 01:41 PM

ISFP

I would have said ISTP, your F and T aren't far apart and your humour is very istp'ish.  Wink

I even said to myself ages ago that you were an istp, man I just love it when I is right.

You could be ISfP though, you'd be the first I've known for a prolonged amount of time.  bunny

That means Im unique or some bollocks then innit?
     Reply #1044 - October 22, 2008, 01:48 PM

Not as unique as me  Tongue, your type if ISFP is (8.8% roughly of the worlds population) or if ISTP (5.4% roughly of the population) whereas my type is (4.4% roughly)  Tongue  (figures need more research though lol)

Reply #1045 - October 22, 2008, 01:50 PM

Not as unique as me  Tongue, your type if ISFP is (8.8% roughly of the worlds population) or if ISTP (5.4% roughly of the population) whereas my type is (4.4% roughly)  Tongue  (figures need more research though lol)

That's good then.
     Reply #1046 - October 22, 2008, 01:50 PM

I know you still dont see them amount of yollocks in it.
     Reply #1047 - October 22, 2008, 01:51 PM

It's cookies and cream good  bunny

Anyway must dash, got parents evening to attend, then other stuff to do, won;t be back until much later.

Busy busy bumble bee Berbs.  dance

Reply #1048 - October 22, 2008, 01:53 PM

It's cookies and cream good  bunny

Anyway must dash, got parents evening to attend, then other stuff to do, won;t be back until much later.

Busy busy bumble bee Berbs.  dance

Cookies and cream good?Huh? ftf?

Bye. Ill see you in the afterlife
     Reply #1049 - October 22, 2008, 03:27 PM

You sound almost exactly like my wife dear. Her ex husband is a Christian nutjob. And she still tells me she didn't think she could do any better than him, since he always told her no one else would want her. I have always told her he is manipulative little boy, whose greatest joy in life is making others miserable. He acts quite a bit like some of the worst examples I have read about on here.

Just remember your ex's opinion is shit, you're better than he is. He is a little child who loves to manipulate, and derives great joy from making you and your family miserable. And frankly, the best way to get rid of extra stress in your life is to avoid any interaction with him.

Our kids go from halfway normal teens, to little assholes, immediately after interacting with him. Which is why I keep such things to an absolute minimum. And he is to never physically see them. At least till they turn 18. He knows he isn't welcome at our house. I have already told him if I see him, I'll squeeze his neck till his head pops off. Not for myself, but for the lasting damage he has done to this family. furious

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
  • Previous page 1 ... 33 34 3536 37 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »