Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Berbs Blog, much madness within

(Read 180192 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 31 32 3334 35 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Berbs Blog, much madness within
     Reply #960 - September 06, 2008, 08:40 AM

I think that sometimes too, but I'm not sure I could live with the guilt of what I see as giving up.  I say all the time in my head that one day it will be too much, but each time I feel like it's too much I get back up and keep on trying because that's what mums do.

I brought my children into this world with no real thought to what i was doing, it's my responsibility to care for them until they fly the nest.  I made my bed, etc etc.

I feel so angry because I do all the hard work and all he has to do is make empty promises to make them prefer him to me. 

========================

I also feel like I am stuck in the past, living on regrets, wishing choices I made could be undone, but of course they can't.  Most of my depression comes from wishing and knowing that I can't change the past and that I limited my future.

One life, no chance to fix it, nothing better waiting at the end and all too late to make better.

I can only make it so much better, so much was lost.

I understand what you mean, but the kids will end up appreciating you more than you think. They know you do everything for them and that you made sacrifices. It's all in the future. Let's face it, they're gonna grow up but you can live a life with them as well.

You have made friends. You've met people from here as well.

It's not all bad, Ill take you somewhere in 5 years time if you want?
     Reply #961 - September 06, 2008, 08:47 AM

It wouldn't be giving up anyway if you let your son live with his father for a bit. It'd be taking another tack. It's not as if you'd be drowning the kid in a sack or anything. He's a boy. He wants, or thinks he wants, his father. He'll keep fighting if he doesn't get this.

OTOH, if he does get what he thinks he wants I'll bet it wont take him that long before he starts to appreciate you more.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #962 - September 06, 2008, 08:49 AM

I understand what you mean, but the kids will end up appreciating you more than you think. They know you do everything for them and that you made sacrifices. It's all in the future. Let's face it, they're gonna grow up but you can live a life with them as well.

You have made friends. You've met people from here as well.

It's not all bad, Ill take you somewhere in 5 years time if you want?

Even if they understand and appreciate the truth in the future, it doesn't change the fact that to the court it appears like they prefer their dad and that's something they seem to be taking into consideration.

Arghhhhhh banghead  finmad  I'm so angry right now.

And of course I've made some friends online but it's not the same.  Cry

In 5 yrs time I'll be even older than I am now lol me you and my zimmerframe.  Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #963 - September 06, 2008, 08:54 AM

It wouldn't be giving up anyway if you let your son live with his father for a bit. It'd be taking another tack. It's not as if you'd be drowning the kid in a sack or anything. He's a boy. He wants, or thinks he wants, his father. He'll keep fighting if he doesn't get this.

OTOH, if he does get what he thinks he wants I'll bet it wont take him that long before he starts to appreciate you more.

That's what my friend (well distant friend far too busy in her new love to realise that her lack of loyalty has made me turn away) always says too. 

The thing is my son always tells me he just wants to visit with his dad but live with me, he only ever says he wants to leave when he is angry that I am being strict on things that any other mum would be strict with too. 

Honestly, they'll have to take my kids away physically before I ever let go because I don't want to let go.  Maybe one day my son will tell me in a calm manner that he wants to live at his dads and I will let him go then, but until that day I will continue trying to help him.

Reply #964 - September 06, 2008, 11:09 AM

That's what my friend (well distant friend far too busy in her new love to realise that her lack of loyalty has made me turn away) always says too. 

Bit unfair innit?

I agree with Os, it's not turning your back on your son if her were to live with his dad. In fact, you'd find he appreciated you more than if he's locked in battle, be it via his parents or his own feelings of loyalty etc. I'm sure my ex would rather our kids be just 'hers', it's not easy having to maintain a relationship that has derailed through obligation, and the only way it can get better is to try not to feel bitter and resentful, the kids pick up on that and it not only makes you feel bad, but they suffer unecessarily too.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #965 - September 06, 2008, 11:28 AM

I agree with Os, it's not turning your back on your son if her were to live with his dad. In fact, you'd find he appreciated you more than if he's locked in battle, be it via his parents or his own feelings of loyalty etc. I'm sure my ex would rather our kids be just 'hers', it's not easy having to maintain a relationship that has derailed through obligation, and the only way it can get better is to try not to feel bitter and resentful, the kids pick up on that and it not only makes you feel bad, but they suffer unecessarily too.

It's not so easy. I'm so angry, so bitter and extremely resentful.  I hate him so much for the things he put me through, I just can't let go of my anger.  When I consider letting go of the anger that has sustained me for long enough to actually leave him successfully I get angrier because it just seems so fucking unfair.

I honestly don't want the kids to be all mine, in my ideal little fantasy they go to his every other weekend, and I remain safe no matter what.  That I can drop them off somewhere where he can collect them without running in to me and the same way when it's time for me to collect them back.  In my ideal little fantasy I do not have to deal with him at all, in anyway.  In my ideal little fantasy he provides financial help either buying the kids clothes when they need it, but of course in the reality I pay for the clothes and the food and all the other things they need and he pays for toys to bribe them yet again coming out ontop compared to me.

But the truth is it won't be ideal for me, just for him, and of course that gives me more reason to be angry.

All I want is to feel safe, to not be afraid of what might happen, but I AM afraid.  I'm afraid of everything these days, yet more reasons to feel angry bitter and resentful.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic when you said this:

Bit unfair innit?

when I mentioned my friend.  wacko

Reply #966 - September 06, 2008, 11:56 AM

I know it's tough, but even to fantasise about no contact with him at all, picking and dropping off quickly in a neutral place, is making it worse coz it's not accepting the reality of the situ.

I wasn't being sarcastic, just sounds a tad unfair. If she's in a new thing with some guy, you always just be happy for her instead of resentful, unless you were kidding, that is.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #967 - September 06, 2008, 12:07 PM

I know it's tough, but even to fantasise about no contact with him at all, picking and dropping off quickly in a neutral place, is making it worse coz it's not accepting the reality of the situ.

Why must the reality be that way? the man abused me both physically and mentally, why should I ever have to be anything other than what I am when it comes to him?

Why is it me who has to accept the situation and not him?  What the fuck is fair about that?

I wasn't being sarcastic, just sounds a tad unfair. If she's in a new thing with some guy, you always just be happy for her instead of resentful, unless you were kidding, that is.

No I wasn't kidding, we were close friends, she met someone and now doesn't have any time for me whatsoever, she only phones me when she is upset with how he is treating her, once they sort it out it's back to having no time for me at all. 

I am very happy for her, but  does that mean I must be perfectly happy that she turned out to be the type of friend who would do that in the first place? 

I'm not stupid enough to believe for one second that all things remain the same when your friend settles down, but the things I need from a friendship are not being met in any form, so why should I be happy? I am hurt that I am so meaningless to her, what is so strange about that?

Reply #968 - September 06, 2008, 12:29 PM

I feel so alone, sometimes I wonder whether any of this was worth it.  I was on the outside for most of my life and now I have cemented that by leaving islam and making a stand over it, all for what?  so I can sit here crying with no one I can talk to, no one who can just hold me and tell me everything will be ok and just be there with me.

Pouring my heart out to a bunch of strangers because there is no one else.  Was it really worth it?

Reply #969 - September 06, 2008, 01:07 PM

I don't know. Sounds like cold logic, and I wouldn't know. Attachment is not something that comes to me all that well. In the small chance if there is any it is always a complete failure. Just another lost battle. But my problems only seem trivial compared to children and an ex-busband.

Depending on how I say this, I hope it doesn't come off as being cold, or just not helpful at all.

What gives you the most happiness. Is it your kids? The following is nothing but perhaps and maybes. If your kids are not, they are the thing that keeps your anger of him alive. They are the link. What is the war, your kids, or your happiness? If it is happiness, then losing this battle might be okay. Sometimes a battle must be lost for a victory in war. If the kids are the most important, than the battle for your happiness must be lost to win the war on your kids.

\\\\\\\"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.\\\\\\\"-Carl Jung
     Reply #970 - September 06, 2008, 01:10 PM

I don't know. Sounds like cold logic, and I wouldn't know. Attachment is not something that comes to me all that well. In the small chance if there is any it is always a complete failure. Just another lost battle. But my problems only seem trivial compared to children and an ex-busband.

Depending on how I say this, I hope it doesn't come off as being cold, or just not helpful at all.

What gives you the most happiness. Is it your kids? The following is nothing but perhaps and maybes. If your kids are not, they are the thing that keeps your anger of him alive. They are the link. What is the war, your kids, or your happiness? If it is happiness, then losing this battle might be okay. Sometimes a battle must be lost for a victory in war. If the kids are the most important, than the battle for your happiness must be lost to win the war on your kids.

My kids, you're right, their happiness must come before mine and maybe eventually that will make me happy.  Smiley

Not unhelpful at all Huston, infact I feel some of that hidden resolve coming back. Thank you.

Reply #971 - September 06, 2008, 01:12 PM

I am hurt that I am so meaningless to her, what is so strange about that?

Surely she might say the same thing if she knew how you felt about it? Why don't you talk to her?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #972 - September 06, 2008, 01:14 PM

My kids, you're right, their happiness must come before mine and maybe eventually that will make me happy.  Smiley

In which case you have no choice but to bite the bullet and use your resolve to achieve that.

But I do understand, it's not easy.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #973 - September 06, 2008, 01:15 PM

I got a letter this morning telling me what school they were hoping to send my son to this year because we now live in a new borough.

I just researched it on the internet and it's actually a boarding school.  I have some real mixed feelings about this, I'm worried that if I agree to it it can then be used against me in court so that my ex can take custody by saying what kind of mum would send her kid to a boarding school.

Ugh man I worry too much.  The school looks quite good and the manifesto and the SAT results look decent considering the school is for children with behaviour disorders.

One last bitter comment "why can't my ex just drop down dead"  Cheesy

Reply #974 - September 06, 2008, 01:16 PM

I feel so alone, sometimes I wonder whether any of this was worth it.  I was on the outside for most of my life and now I have cemented that by leaving islam and making a stand over it, all for what?  so I can sit here crying with no one I can talk to, no one who can just hold me and tell me everything will be ok and just be there with me.

Pouring my heart out to a bunch of strangers because there is no one else.  Was it really worth it?

You do need to go out and make friends in real life.  Others' advice about that is true.

The question is - how can you expand your social circle - so here are a few suggestions:

Are there any clubs or societies you can join? You are interested in writing - are there writers' clubs? Are there book clubs where people meet up?  

Are you interested in outdoor activities of any sort? If so try to find something that is more social (e.g. hillwalking with others rather than surfing on your own).
    I know people who have joined toastmasters, http://d71.org/portal.php?page=-1&marknow=0
    or play tag rugby http://www.tagrugby.co.uk/
    or learn to dance http://www.tasteoftango.co.uk/
    or join voluntary organisations - http://www.lionsmd105.org/
    Are there evening courses/college courses that you can/want to do?  
    (Once you are in, you also get access to university clubs and societies - often there are clubs and societies for mature students too)

One thing I've also noticed is that some church groups provide an "instant community" - some Churches in the US like the Unitarians seem to simply exist for this purpose, and it seems to me that many people join churches just for this community aspect - even if it is nonsense.

There are also groups such as http://www.social-circle.co.uk/ for people in their 20's, 30's, 40's and also online groups such as http://londonsocialcircle.com/ or this

Make gaining and working on your social circle the most important thing in your life for a while - you have nothing to lose and can gain a lot.  Even the fact that you are pushing your boundaries and doing varied things will make you a more "interesting" and more confident person - which in itself will help you gain friends.

Best of luck - please listen to some of the advice and stay positive!

EDIT: Seeing as it was mentioned elsewhere, http://www.meetup.com seems pretty cool for lots of events too...
     Reply #975 - September 06, 2008, 01:19 PM

I just researched it on the internet and it's actually a boarding school.  I have some real mixed feelings about this, I'm worried that if I agree to it it can then be used against me in court so that my ex can take custody by saying what kind of mum would send her kid to a boarding school.

Nonsense, that won't count against you in a custody case.  Plenty of good parents send their kids to boarding school.  I went to boarding school, it was fun.  Your kid will probably enjoy it.
     Reply #976 - September 06, 2008, 01:24 PM

I am hurt that I am so meaningless to her, what is so strange about that?

Surely she might say the same thing if she knew how you felt about it? Why don't you talk to her?

I have talked to her in a roundabout way about it, but she brushed it off as not a big deal.  It's ok, I honestly don't expect you to understand this situation between myself and her.  It's many more things than just forgetting about me for almost a year now, and just calling me when she is having a bad time with him.  It's not like I don't need a friend who I can phone every now again when I'm feeling low, which I no longer feel able to do.

I categorise people into friends and aquaintances, how I assess a friend is one who meets the friendship on the terms I need, there not big things, I am really easy going in many respects, but one of the main things is don't dump me when something more exciting comes along and then expect me to just hang around taking it over and over again.  She has gone from being my best and closest friend, to an aquaintance.  An aquaintance is someone you speak to every now and again and expect nothing more from.

In which case you have no choice but to bite the bullet and use your resolve to achieve that.

But I do understand, it's not easy.

I intend to, as sick as it makes me feel inside I will put them first since they are indeed all that matters to me.  Smiley

So swallow the pill and hope I don't choke on it, should be a cinch lol

Reply #977 - September 06, 2008, 01:24 PM

Have boarding schools become that decrepid in the UK? I thought that this would be a positive? And would show that you care about your child's education. I thought boarding schools offer superior, especially considering your following remark:

Ugh man I worry too much.  The school looks quite good and the manifesto and the SAT results look decent considering the school is for children with behaviour disorders.

\\\\\\\"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.\\\\\\\"-Carl Jung
     Reply #978 - September 06, 2008, 01:25 PM

Your kid will probably enjoy it.

Probably exactly what he needs.

Reply #979 - September 06, 2008, 01:26 PM

Nonsense, that won't count against you in a custody case.  Plenty of good parents send their kids to boarding school.  I went to boarding school, it was fun.  Your kid will probably enjoy it.

I hope you are right, there are alot of things that have happened in the court case that have shocked most people around me because they too thought that courts don't use this or that. 

I must stop worrying so much.

Reply #980 - September 06, 2008, 01:39 PM

You do need to go out and make friends in real life.  Others' advice about that is true.

The question is - how can you expand your social circle - so here are a few suggestions:

Are there any clubs or societies you can join? You are interested in writing - are there writers' clubs? Are there book clubs where people meet up?  

Are you interested in outdoor activities of any sort? If so try to find something that is more social (e.g. hillwalking with others rather than surfing on your own).
    I know people who have joined toastmasters, http://d71.org/portal.php?page=-1&marknow=0
    or play tag rugby http://www.tagrugby.co.uk/
    or learn to dance http://www.tasteoftango.co.uk/
    or join voluntary organisations - http://www.lionsmd105.org/
    Are there evening courses/college courses that you can/want to do?  
    (Once you are in, you also get access to university clubs and societies - often there are clubs and societies for mature students too)

One thing I've also noticed is that some church groups provide an "instant community" - some Churches in the US like the Unitarians seem to simply exist for this purpose, and it seems to me that many people join churches just for this community aspect - even if it is nonsense.

There are also groups such as http://www.social-circle.co.uk/ for people in their 20's, 30's, 40's and also online groups such as http://londonsocialcircle.com/ or this

Make gaining and working on your social circle the most important thing in your life for a while - you have nothing to lose and can gain a lot.  Even the fact that you are pushing your boundaries and doing varied things will make you a more "interesting" and more confident person - which in itself will help you gain friends.

Best of luck - please listen to some of the advice and stay positive!

EDIT: Seeing as it was mentioned elsewhere, http://www.meetup.com seems pretty cool for lots of events too...

I can only join things that are in the daytime because I'm a single mum, and that are within my budget because I am a single mum lol

I have put off college for this term year because I want to settle my kids into school but I am hoping it will be a possibility next year.

I considered popping into a church and just faking it for some kind of companionship but then I thought that seemed kind of creepy so I didn't.

I'm also really shy in the real world, I stand on the outskirts all the time and keep my head down.  I want friends, but I push people away when they try to talk to me, because I am not comfortable around people straight off.

I went to a parenting group earlier this year, and didn't return after the first session because there were too many people there lol even though I went there to hopefully meet other parents who were having a tough time.

I want to change this part of me, I don't like being a loner yet I have become one.

Thanks for the advice.  Smiley

Reply #981 - September 06, 2008, 01:40 PM

Have boarding schools become that decrepid in the UK? I thought that this would be a positive? And would show that you care about your child's education. I thought boarding schools offer superior, especially considering your following remark:

Yeah, as I was typing the first part I realised I was worrying too much about it and that the school appears like a really good choice for him.  Smiley

Reply #982 - September 06, 2008, 03:32 PM

Im also really shy in the real world, I stand on the outskirts all the time and keep my head down.  I want friends, but I push people away when they try to talk to me, because I am not comfortable around people straight off.

You didnt come across that way to me when we met, you were warm and natural and funny. I think you should have more faith in yourself. Is it just that large groups intimidate you?

Life is a sexually transmitted disease which is invariably fatal.
     Reply #983 - September 06, 2008, 03:41 PM

Even if they understand and appreciate the truth in the future, it doesn't change the fact that to the court it appears like they prefer their dad and that's something they seem to be taking into consideration.

Arghhhhhh banghead  finmad  I'm so angry right now.

And of course I've made some friends online but it's not the same.  Cry

In 5 yrs time I'll be even older than I am now lol me you and my zimmerframe.  Cheesy

You'll end up better off though. The kids wont like their dad in the future. If they stay with him for long enough they'll know what he's like.

Im angry too, I reckon you need some music to down calmage.

Those friends you have online see you in real life too sometimes. Not to worry.

Yeah, right. Zimmerframe.  Roll Eyes Youll still be young. 5 years isnt gonna change much.
     Reply #984 - September 06, 2008, 03:45 PM

It depends. If you wanted to live a lie, have your kids live the same thing you did with your ex, then its OK. I dont think you would have.

You have more people than you think dude, there are loads that care for you.
     Reply #985 - September 06, 2008, 04:06 PM

Im also really shy in the real world, I stand on the outskirts all the time and keep my head down.  I want friends, but I push people away when they try to talk to me, because I am not comfortable around people straight off.

You didnt come across that way to me when we met, you were warm and natural and funny. I think you should have more faith in yourself. Is it just that large groups intimidate you?

Yes, it's mostly large groups, but I was really nervous when I met you lol and I babbled because I was nervous.    Tongue

I can warm up to being friendly when it's a one on one situation alot easier.  Smiley

Reply #986 - September 06, 2008, 04:07 PM

It depends. If you wanted to live a lie, have your kids live the same thing you did with your ex, then its OK. I dont think you would have.

Thanks M, I have to do this now hugs lol

Reply #987 - September 06, 2008, 04:15 PM

Thanks M, I have to do this now hugs lol

No you dont. Im not your hug buddy but Im you mate. Im someone who cares about you and its not nice seeing a friend depressed.

Normally, to cheer someone up I do wierd stuff with a fire extinguisher and moisturising cream but we wont go into that today.  Afro
     Reply #988 - September 06, 2008, 04:17 PM

No you dont. Im not your hug buddy but Im you mate. Im someone who cares about you and its not nice seeing a friend depressed.

I feel better now thankfully, I just felt at rock bottom earlier when I posted all this stuff.  I just have to learn to go with the flow and stop worrying.  And let go of my anger because it won't ever go out of any real closure. Thanks for being a mate then.  Smiley

Normally, to cheer someone up I do wierd stuff with a fire extinguisher and moisturising cream but we wont go into that today.  Afro

Damn shame lol that sounds like a riot.....details man, details  cool2

Reply #989 - September 06, 2008, 04:23 PM

I feel better now thankfully, I just felt at rock bottom earlier when I posted all this stuff.  I just have to learn to go with the flow and stop worrying.  And let go of my anger because it won't ever go out of any real closure. Thanks for being a mate then.  Smiley

Damn shame lol that sounds like a riot.....details man, details  cool2

I should thank you for being a mate. I couldn't have asked for a better, safer person than you.

I could tell you but its a long story. A funnt story nonetheless.
  • Previous page 1 ... 31 32 3334 35 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »