Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Berbs Blog, much madness within

(Read 169866 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 44 45 46« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Berbs Blog, much madness within
     Reply #1350 - January 07, 2010, 03:57 PM

Women who are insecure, find security in Islam. As I have stated before evolution on the subconscious level dictates women to be submissive, and Islam plays into this primordial trait. Majority of the women in the world enjoy being submissive and like a dominant partner, hence why most are attracted to the "bad-boy" image it is an evolutionary misfire. And thousands of women convert to Islam unless we are honest about what is going on, attacking me is not going to help stop women joining Islam.
     Reply #1351 - January 07, 2010, 04:04 PM

Women who are insecure, find security in Islam. As I have stated before evolution on the subconscious level dictates women to be submissive, and Islam plays into this primordial trait. Majority of the women in the world enjoy being submissive and like a dominant partner, hence why most are attracted to the "bad-boy" image it is an evolutionary misfire. And thousands of women convert to Islam unless we are honest about what is going on, attacking me is not going to help stop women joining Islam.

There is a degree of truth in this sadly

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1352 - August 27, 2010, 08:20 PM

6 month bump lol

How can you tell between the two?

Like if my gut instinct is telling me not to trust a person, is it my paranoia and BPD talking?  or is it my gut instinct?

There have been times when ignoring that voice has turned out very badly in the end, my paranoia/intuition was right, but I rationally tried to convince myself that it was just my paranoia and ended up ignoring it, much to my chagrin (which barely covers how bad it went lol).

However there have been other times where my paranoia has been wrong.

So how do you tell between the two?

Muchos gracias.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #1353 - August 27, 2010, 08:28 PM

I do a risk-benefit analysis

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1354 - August 27, 2010, 08:31 PM

6 month bump lol

How can you tell between the two?

Like if my gut instinct is telling me not to trust a person, is it my paranoia and BPD talking?  or is it my gut instinct?

There have been times when ignoring that voice has turned out very badly in the end, my paranoia/intuition was right, but I rationally tried to convince myself that it was just my paranoia and ended up ignoring it, much to my chagrin (which barely covers how bad it went lol).

However there have been other times where my paranoia has been wrong.

So how do you tell between the two?

Muchos gracias.

God I love your Avatar!
     Reply #1355 - August 27, 2010, 08:36 PM

Hold them at arms' length before you can ascertain whether your instincts have any truth to them? That way you don'thave to break contact altogether nor do you trust them completely/
     Reply #1356 - August 27, 2010, 08:46 PM

This

fuck you
     Reply #1357 - August 27, 2010, 08:49 PM

Lol don't even know how to begin applying one of those to this situation.   wacko

Hold them at arms' length before you can ascertain whether your instincts have any truth to them? That way you don'thave to break contact altogether nor do you trust them completely/

Yeah, probably best to do this in the future.

But like what if it's too late?

Say you have a friend, and you think that friend is taking advantage of your good nature, your gut instinct is saying one thing, but you rationalise it as "no berbs, you are just being paranoid", but still mostly, daily, you feel the other part of you laughing at what a mug you are.

Is it better to just cut people off as soon as you feel that start to build?

Asking is pointless, nothing anyone says is ever believable, only provable.

Reply #1358 - August 27, 2010, 08:51 PM

Lol don't even know how to begin applying one of those to this situation.   wacko

you can apply it to any situation

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1359 - August 27, 2010, 08:53 PM

Not when I actually don't even know what the benefit is.

Reply #1360 - August 27, 2010, 08:55 PM

Not when I actually don't even know what the benefit is.

why not?  Its the potential benefit(s) of chosing one action over another

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1361 - August 27, 2010, 08:56 PM

I mean what benefit is there in retaining a friendship that is mostly draining to me? 

The benefit for her (in one of the many situations I'm stressing about) is that she gets to keep me as a friend, and I'm a good one to have once you get past my massive barriers, I go out of my way to make my friends feel special, feel good about themselves, many things, but for me, I'm not actually seeing much benefit anymore.

There is no return.

So what is the benefit?

Reply #1362 - August 27, 2010, 08:56 PM

I'm gonna be general here if you don't mind: think long and hard; sleep over it; then follow your instinct.  Smiley

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #1363 - August 27, 2010, 08:58 PM

I keep hoping for a future pay off, that somethng will change, improve, make me see her in the same way I used to, but really there is no benefit, I would have seen it by now.  I mean I've been friends with this person for 6yrs now.

Maybe it's just time to be a russian turnip.

Reply #1364 - August 27, 2010, 08:59 PM

I'm gonna be general here if you don't mind: think long and hard; sleep over it; then follow your instinct.  Smiley

Gut instinct is bollocks & a word I never use.  Instinct comes from the brain & previous experiences, not as implied from the gut or some kind of weird phenomenon.  

I dont mean to pick at words here, I just want to highlight that good decisions are made by using clear logical analysis, and not by some unknown feeling.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1365 - August 27, 2010, 09:00 PM

Does this same advice apply to someone who has been diagnosed with BPD?  lol that's my only worry, that I'm not normal enough to see things clearly.   wacko

Reply #1366 - August 27, 2010, 09:00 PM

Gut instinct is bollocks & a word I never use.  Instinct comes from the brain & previous experiences, not as implied from the gut or some kind of weird phenomenon.  

I dont mean to pick at words here, I just want to highlight that good decisions are made by using clear logical analysis, and not by some unknown feeling.

INFP blog here lol the force has been shaken by your words.

Reply #1367 - August 27, 2010, 09:01 PM

I keep hoping for a future pay off, that somethng will change, improve, make me see her in the same way I used to, but really there is no benefit, I would have seen it by now.  I mean I've been friends with this person for 6yrs now.

6 yrs is too long, if you aint seen it yet then get rid.  Adios Amigos.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1368 - August 27, 2010, 09:01 PM

INFP blog here lol the force has been shaken by your words.

huh  Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1369 - August 27, 2010, 09:06 PM

huh  Huh?

For real?   Huh?

Reply #1370 - August 27, 2010, 09:09 PM

I disagree IsLame.  You need the emotional part of your brain in the decision making process as well as the logical part of your brain.  Although, certain types of decisions are better dominated by the emotional part of the brain, whereas others are better dominated by the logical part.  Smiley  As it turns out, when there are too many variables, the emotional part of the brain does a better job of making the decision.

There was a good thread I read on Atheist Nexus a few months ago: http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/emotions-vs-logic
    See also this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2nPDM_Clic&feature=related

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #1371 - August 27, 2010, 09:16 PM

For real?   Huh?

yeah, didnt understand what you meant..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1372 - August 27, 2010, 09:17 PM

Fundamentally, if you had to pick one of these phrases to describe your "friend", based on 6 years of experience, which would it be?

--Loyal friend
    --Untrustworthy parasite

If it's the former, then there is a moral obligation whether or not there is a benefit. If it's the latter, and no potential benefit can be perceived, then dump em.

Afro

Think of how sweet your turnips will taste when joyless communism defeats decadent capitalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPwMM2dNccE

fuck you
     Reply #1373 - August 27, 2010, 09:17 PM

Does this same advice apply to someone who has been diagnosed with BPD?  lol that's my only worry, that I'm not normal enough to see things clearly.   wacko

dunno, tbh. Huh? I tend to put off difficult decisions. i.e. when in doubt, I do nothing;  unless I really have to decide.   Sometimes the best move to make is no move at all.  Smiley
    I could be wrong with this strategy though.  Although, cutting off ties with someone doesn't seem to me to be a necessary decision.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #1374 - August 27, 2010, 09:55 PM

I disagree IsLame.  You need the emotional part of your brain in the decision making process as well as the logical part of your brain.  Although, certain types of decisions are better dominated by the emotional part of the brain, whereas others are better dominated by the logical part.  Smiley  As it turns out, when there are too many variables, the emotional part of the brain does a better job of making the decision.

I wasnt really separating the two as I believe they are both part of the same - I believe what you call here as the emotional part of the brain, does in fact subconsciously use reason, logic & experience to come to decisions.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1375 - August 27, 2010, 10:00 PM

I wasnt really separating the two as I believe they are both part of the same - I believe what you call here as the emotional part of the brain, does in fact subconsciously use reason, logic & experience to come to decisions.

Agreed.  Smiley  What is commonly referred to as 'gut instinct' is essentially the emotional part of the brain.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #1376 - August 27, 2010, 10:12 PM

Perhaps, but Ive always assumed gut instinct is some innate feeling that people feel somehow surpasses the thinking part of the brain.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1377 - August 29, 2010, 02:38 AM

So BerberElla, figure out what you're gonna do with your "friend" yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoS635XbKhE

fuck you
  • Previous page 1 ... 44 45 46« Previous thread | Next thread »