Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Berbs Blog, much madness within

(Read 169841 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 32 33 3435 36 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Berbs Blog, much madness within
     Reply #990 - September 06, 2008, 08:26 PM

I should thank you for being a mate. I couldn't have asked for a better, safer person than you.

See, now you say something like that and it's all i can do not to give some huggage.  But I won't, I will just punch you in the shoulder and say "safe" lol  bunny

I could tell you but its a long story. A funnt story nonetheless.

You should tell me if it's a funny story, for all you know I could descend into crazy depression again tonight and your story could be all that saves me. 001_tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #991 - September 06, 2008, 08:28 PM

I should thank you for being a mate. I couldn't have asked for a better, safer person than you.

See, now you say something like that and it's all i can do not to give some huggage.  But I won't, I will just punch you in the shoulder and say "safe" lol  bunny

You should tell me if it's a funny story, for all you know I could descend into crazy depression again tonight and your story could be all that saves me. 001_tongue

And I will punch you back on the arm and ask "Did that hurt" with a great big grin on my face.  Cheesy I do that with my other friends tho. lol
    Me and you- we have an understanding. No huggage.

My mate says to be "Im bored, Singh- entertain us". I normally do a OTT Punjabi farmer accent and its funny but this time I changed it.
    To cut a long story short. We're in a classroom where we hang out. I see some moisturiser on table, I throw it at bin- miss BADLY. It splatters everywhere. Cant get water to clean it, have to use fire extinguisher. My mates having the laugh of their life. I run to toilets to get tissues etc. They're shouting out a teacher's name who Im scared of- I flinch they laugh. etc etc.
     Reply #992 - September 06, 2008, 08:34 PM

And I will punch you back on the arm and ask "Did that hurt" with a great big grin on my face.  Cheesy I do that with my other friends tho. lol

My mate says to be "Im bored, Singh- entertain us". I normally do a OTT Punjabi farmer accent and its funny but this time I changed it.
    To cut a long story short. We're in a classroom where we hang out. I see some moisturiser on table, I throw it at bin- miss BADLY. It splatters everywhere. Cant get water to clean it, have to use fire extinguisher. My mates having the laugh of their life. I run to toilets to get tissues etc. They're shouting out a teacher's name who Im scared of- I flinch they laugh. etc etc.

Lmao fun times at school, them were the days, I reckon I would have found that mightily entertaining had I been there.  Cheesy

And yes, no huggage, unless you're being cheeky, at which stage I pull the hugs out of my bag of tricks again.  bunny

Anyway I got to go now, promised I would help my son get further on devil may cry 4.  Smiley

Reply #993 - September 06, 2008, 08:37 PM

Lmao fun times at school, them were the days, I reckon I would have found that mightily entertaining had I been there.  Cheesy

And yes, no huggage, unless you're being cheeky, at which stage I pull the hugs out of my bag of tricks again.  bunny

Anyway I got to go now, promised I would help my son get further on devil may cry 4.  Smiley

Yeah, i laughed about it afterwards too. they know Im scared of her and so they tried to take advantage. lol

I know you dont like hugging either so we'll both be in the shits about it.

Fair enough, good game and all.  Afro
     Reply #994 - September 16, 2008, 12:53 PM

Ok, so I've made some progress on making new friends  grin12, I went off for a coffee at the cafe with one of the other mums today, which was actually quite nice.  felt paranoid a few times  Cheesy, but I ignored it and just enjoyed chatting away with another human face to face.

Another mother joined us aswell, and my eldest son was on his best behaviour so it was alright.

I had to leave after awhile because I had a dentist appointment, got a numb face right now  Tongue.

Seems like things are looking up.  Smiley

Stay tuned.  bunny

Reply #995 - September 16, 2008, 03:09 PM

Ok, so I've made some progress on making new friends  grin12, I went off for a coffee at the cafe with one of the other mums today, which was actually quite nice.  felt paranoid a few times  Cheesy, but I ignored it and just enjoyed chatting away with another human face to face.

Another mother joined us aswell, and my eldest son was on his best behaviour so it was alright.

I had to leave after awhile because I had a dentist appointment, got a numb face right now  Tongue.

Seems like things are looking up.  Smiley

Stay tuned.  bunny

That's great Berbs, wish I could have seen that. Is that what they call a mothers meeting?  Tongue Jokes jokes.

Im happy for you man, I hope you have less time to spend online cos you be busy in real life.

I always stay tuned
     Reply #996 - October 03, 2008, 09:04 AM

Ok so yesterday was day 1 for my son at the boarding school and when I phoned him last night he already wanted to come home.

Apparantly the Teachers had tried to force him to use a pencil, me being the ditzy mum that I am forgot to mention to the teachers that my son has sound sensitivity issues, so anyway the teachers tried to make him use one, he won;t use it because it sounds as bad as fingernails being dragged across a chalk board to him, he started losing his temper because they wouldn't listen to him, and so they restrained him because when my son loses his temper he really loses his temper and becomes violent.

He feels betrayed by the teachers who showed him no respect and didn't listen to him, and I'm angry because a school that caters to children with behavioural disorders should have some training in Auditory integration therapy, so they should have known better.

I promised him that I would deal with it as long as he gave it another chance, and of course I'm dealing with, just waiting for the head teacher to call me back.

Sorry, just had to moan to someone.

Reply #997 - October 03, 2008, 09:13 AM

Ok so yesterday was day 1 for my son at the boarding school and when I phoned him last night he already wanted to come home.

Apparantly the Teachers had tried to force him to use a pencil, me being the ditzy mum that I am forgot to mention to the teachers that my son has sound sensitivity issues, so anyway the teachers tried to make him use one, he won;t use it because it sounds as bad as fingernails being dragged across a chalk board to him, he started losing his temper because they wouldn't listen to him, and so they restrained him because when my son loses his temper he really loses his temper and becomes violent.

He feels betrayed by the teachers who showed him no respect and didn't listen to him, and I'm angry because a school that caters to children with behavioural disorders should have some training in Auditory integration therapy, so they should have known better.

I promised him that I would deal with it as long as he gave it another chance, and of course I'm dealing with, just waiting for the head teacher to call me back.

Sorry, just had to moan to someone.

you´re right to complain! They OUGHT to at least listen to him, even if you forgot. Dodos!  finmad
     Reply #998 - October 03, 2008, 09:18 AM

My thoughts too, I know we tend to ignore children when they assert an independence we are not ready for or think that they are not ready for but listening to him when he explained what the sound does to him (because I;ve taught him to articulate his problems rather than hope people can guess) they could have at the least phoned me for confirmation or done some research to see if he was lying.

However because all the other kids use pencils, they don't want to give my son a ballpoint pen and set some kind of precedent in which the other kids start demanding pens too.

It's all so stupid really.

Reply #999 - October 03, 2008, 09:19 AM

It doesn't seem very smart. If you have a kid with behavioural problems rarking him up is not going to be the way to go. You'd think common sense would prompt them to ask what the problem was.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1000 - October 03, 2008, 09:21 AM

They didn't even care what the problem was because he was trying to explain and they just ignored him and continued to insist.  They must have assumed he was just being troublesome, but the pencil is a nightmare even at home.

His brother and sisters can't use pencils of felt tip pens around him because of the sound issues, so all we can use is ballpoint pens.

Reply #1001 - October 03, 2008, 03:28 PM

They didn't even care what the problem was because he was trying to explain and they just ignored him and continued to insist.  They must have assumed he was just being troublesome, but the pencil is a nightmare even at home.

His brother and sisters can't use pencils of felt tip pens around him because of the sound issues, so all we can use is ballpoint pens.

Sorry I've not seen this sooner, Berbs.
     I, too,  have a similar problem with my hearing , and light sensitivities, and taste and smell problems that also seem to be linked to an over-reactive immune system. I can really empathise with your son.
    But, to deal with the hearing over-sensitivity: I can even 'sense' the central heating electronics doing its stuff. There's no noise, we think, since no one else can detect it. I wonder if, like me, your son has tinnitus. Mine became permanent when I was 26 and was probably triggered by ships' turbines when I was 19. Before that, my hearing always seemed to be more sensitive than any one else's.
     Tinnitus is sort of in your head more than your ears but even small sounds or electronic 'events' can trigger it to multiply its volume to unbearable levels. It's like being struck a blow or being slapped across the ear when sound of the wrong pitch or volume presents to your senses and, yes, it can provoke an extreme reaction from yourself in response to your pain. It's very difficult for others to appreciate the pain you're in or your reaction to it.

With sudden increases in volume, of any sound, the effect on pain and tinnitus levels is instantaneous. With softer , continuous sounds, like the one coming from my computer, the effect is to build up the tinnitus gradually until it's unbearable and then you feel you have to get away from it. Any whirring or ringing noises of a constant nature can do it. I sit here in ear-muffs as we speak.

Maybe your son is suffering some of these effects, but because no one has asked him the right questions yet, he's not been able to articulate his problems fully. Has anyone in your family or your husband's family suffered similar problems?
    My paternal Grandfather was 'stone-deaf' (he wouldn't have thanked you for 'hearing-impaired). He was born with hearing but a couple of traumatic events sent him completely deaf when he was 13.
    I find that  any sounds of a broken-up nature actually help my tinnitus because they mask any continuous background noises, which are becoming more and more common as we rely increasingly on electrical/ electronic machinery.
    Baroque music, Mozart particularly and acoustic guitar music, has a very soothing effect and the tinnitus diminishes markedly, but only whilst it's on.
    I should be interested to know more about the therapy you mentioned.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #1002 - October 08, 2008, 03:06 PM

Thanks for your post sojourner, I meant to reply on the day but totally forgot about it later on.

here is a link that discusses Auditory integration therapy http://www.vision3d.com/adhd/, my sons has a disorder that is on the autistic spectrum which means alot of the therapy they use for autistic children helps him too.

I am trying to get my very backward doctor to catch up to modern medicine, which is frustrating to say the least.  Roll Eyes

Reply #1003 - October 09, 2008, 10:55 AM

Thanks for your post sojourner, I meant to reply on the day but totally forgot about it later on.

here is a link that discusses Auditory integration therapy http://www.vision3d.com/adhd/, my sons has a disorder that is on the autistic spectrum which means alot of the therapy they use for autistic children helps him too.

I am trying to get my very backward doctor to catch up to modern medicine, which is frustrating to say the least.  Roll Eyes

Hi BerberElla,
    How is your son doing in academics? Some of the kids having disorders on the autistic spectrum do exceptionally well in Maths, Science, Computers etc. There is no Math gene found yet, however there are surveys on that.  So, it is worth exploring, if he is interested in those fields, he will spend time with brainy things and atleast in that time, his behaviour will not be difficult.  And he will make a good career for himself.

I did not mean to be nosy, again there are no scientif backups for what I suggested. But, based on statistics, just give a try.
     Reply #1004 - October 09, 2008, 11:06 AM

That's a good point actually. I think you're referring to people with what's known as Asperger's Syndrome. They often lack social skills but are skilled in other areas. It's worth considering.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1005 - October 09, 2008, 01:45 PM

Hi BerberElla,
    How is your son doing in academics? Some of the kids having disorders on the autistic spectrum do exceptionally well in Maths, Science, Computers etc. There is no Math gene found yet, however there are surveys on that.  So, it is worth exploring, if he is interested in those fields, he will spend time with brainy things and atleast in that time, his behaviour will not be difficult.  And he will make a good career for himself.

I did not mean to be nosy, again there are no scientif backups for what I suggested. But, based on statistics, just give a try.

My sons best subjects happen to be maths, computers and science, they always have been.  He can grasp a new mathmatical idea really quickly and works at secondary school maths already.  his confidence in those areas is great.  Afro

I have read alot about the link between giftedness and disorders of different sorts so I have heard this one before.  Smiley

Reply #1006 - October 09, 2008, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the great link Berbs.

I dislocated my shoulder c. 5 years ago and requested a look at my NHS medical file. What I found shocked me to the core. The first entry in 1951 was when I was 5. The doc had noted 'This boy is deaf'. I wasn't, and nobody discussed this diagnosis to me anyway, ever. But what I do remember was not hearing the first couple of words  that people said and I've been like it all my life. I hear the rest of a sentence and then kind of guess what  the first 1 or 2 words should be. I'm mainly right but it can be hilarious if I get it wrong and hence get the wrong end of the stick.

As I explained, the tinnitus developed later but it wasn't until 3 years ago when I was tested for slight, age-related hearing loss that I realised  I must have been unconsciously lip-reading for years, so that not hearing those first couple of words doesn't matter if I'm facing a person. Ain't life strange?

Reply #1007 - October 09, 2008, 04:12 PM

Ain't life strange?

It sure is.  Afro

I haven't ever seen my medical files from childhood although I have seen the last ten years of them because of the court case, but if I did I'm sure there would be stuff in there I would find just as surprising.

Oddly I was looking at a course for lip reading starting in january and thought it might be interesting to try it out. It would be a handy skill to have.  whistling2

Reply #1008 - October 09, 2008, 06:37 PM

Ain't life strange?

It sure is.  Afro

I haven't ever seen my medical files from childhood although I have seen the last ten years of them because of the court case, but if I did I'm sure there would be stuff in there I would find just as surprising.

Oddly I was looking at a course for lip reading starting in january and thought it might be interesting to try it out. It would be a handy skill to have.  whistling2

Well, yeah. It's helped me just knowing I've been doing it already. Now, I can concentrate on doing it better. And I also ask anyone not in my line of sight to repeat themselves instead of feeling stupid.

• Making new friends
     Reply #1009 - October 15, 2008, 01:29 PM

Ok so I have met another mum at the school who I do like from what I've seen of her.  We have spoken a couple of times and she seems nice and I would like to get to know her more.

Would it be strange to ask her if she fancies going out for a drink, or do i wait to see if she would like to get to know me back?  wacko

Ugh making friends is so difficult  Cheesy

• Re: Making new friends
     Reply #1010 - October 15, 2008, 01:41 PM

Ok so I have met another mum at the school who I do like from what I've seen of her.  We have spoken a couple of times and she seems nice and I would like to get to know her more.

Would it be strange to ask her if she fancies going out for a drink, or do i wait to see if she would like to get to know me back?  wacko

I think it should be fine.  Smiley
    Good luck with making friends. So, are ur online persona and real life persona different? You seem pretty comfortable in communicating people in virtual world.

How about meeting some ppl from virtual world who you trust in real time? It would be easy to break the ice then.
     Reply #1011 - October 15, 2008, 01:44 PM

I think it should be fine.  Smiley
    Good luck with making friends.

Thanks  Afro

So, are ur online persona and real life persona different? You seem pretty comfortable in communicating people in virtual world.

Yes, my online persona is who I believe the real me is, my offline one needs to toughen up lol I am very shy and being online helps take away that.

How about meeting some ppl from virtual world who you trust in real time? It would be easy to break the ice then.

I have met up with people from the virtual world before, that was ok but I want to make some friends that live near by as everyone I meet online is so far away from me.  Smiley

Reply #1012 - October 15, 2008, 01:46 PM

Would it be strange to ask her if she fancies going out for a drink, or do i wait to see if she would like to get to know me back?

I dunno, its a bit hard to judge how well you know her.  Maybe invite her round for a coffee or something?  Are your kids friendly with hers?  That would  make it easier.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #1013 - October 15, 2008, 01:50 PM

Would it be strange to ask her if she fancies going out for a drink, or do i wait to see if she would like to get to know me back?

I dunno, its a bit hard to judge how well you know her.  Maybe invite her round for a coffee or something?  Are your kids friendly with hers?  That would  make it easier.

Yes, her daughter and mine play together often which is how come we got talking. 

I honestly don't want to invite anyone back to my place for a coffee because it's not finished, it's a mess and I can't afford any flooring so it's shite.

Maybe grab a coffee at a cafe, I could ask her that? 

Does it look desperate?  Cheesy

Reply #1014 - October 15, 2008, 01:53 PM

I think it would look more natural if you just explained that you only recently moved, half way through decorating, excuse all the mess, etc.  Taking her to a cafe might look a bit as if you're scared she'll mug you, or you have a body hidden in the cellar or something else to hide.

Why don't you get your kid to invite hers round for tea and when she comes to pick her up invite her in then.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #1015 - October 15, 2008, 01:56 PM

I think it would look more natural if you just explained that you only recently moved, half way through decorating, excuse all the mess, etc.  Taking her to a cafe might look a bit as if you're scared she'll mug you, or you have a body hidden in the cellar or something else to hide.

Why don't you get your kid to invite hers round for tea and when she comes to pick her up invite her in then.

Ok that sounds like a plan  Afro.  i will do that then.

Reply #1016 - October 15, 2008, 02:06 PM

She might think your a lesbian if you ask her that.
     Reply #1017 - October 15, 2008, 02:15 PM

That's why I was asking here, don't want to come off looking stupid lol

Reply #1018 - October 15, 2008, 05:02 PM

Use the famous ice breaker, just politely but firmly ask her what the fuck's stuck up their arse.  She'll get the joke, laugh and you'll be no nonsense,  best buddies for life.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1019 - October 15, 2008, 06:28 PM

Ask her about her hobbies, what does she like doing, what kind of music she likes what does she like reading, ask about her background is she English? etc... If she has grown up in the area. I find when I make new friends I look at for 4 main things.

1. Mainly the persons intelligence if the person is lacking in intellect or I don't think I will learn anything from them, its unlikely I would further advance the discussion.

2. If the person is genuine and honest, someoen you can talk to without the fear of it being broadcast to the whole city.

3. Independence, must be independent, and be ok with no seeing me for like 6 months in a time and still be OK with that, as sometimes I hit the hibernation switch.   

4. Has to be responsible but not boring, such as not being into wanting to break the law, or too domineering.

I have maybe two such friends in real life, although both are slightly anti-social.     
  • Previous page 1 ... 32 33 3435 36 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »