Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Berbs Blog, much madness within

(Read 170059 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Berbs Blog, much madness within
     Reply #90 - February 10, 2008, 06:47 PM

Welcome to the blog of the worrying warrior

This blog will consist of random thoughts, that aren't thought out properly and need to be let out to come to a conclusion.   Tongue

Don't expect rationality, don't expect intelligence, and don't expect consistancy in my thoughts, and you won't be disappointed.

Has she got her hands in her knickers or is it just me?  Shocked

Is it just you, what?  With your hand in your knickers?  Shocked

No... in hers grin12  cool2
     Reply #91 - February 10, 2008, 07:04 PM

No... in hers grin12  cool2

Of course, but I just could not resist.  woohoo
  • Why do I hate religion so much?
     Reply #92 - February 13, 2008, 10:39 AM

Why do I hate religion so much?

It's becoming insane to have this much anger for religion, even religions that have done nothing to me.  I am talking only about Abrahamic religions, I have no anger or hatred to any of the others, except maybe Hinduism because of their treatment of women, which is also really bad.  However it comes no where near to the anger I feel about the abrahamic ones.

It's not on the level of Metaphysical Naturalist, but it's definatly irrational to some extent.

For instance I disovered a new band, I am really digging the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zL3dqdxUg

Then I find out that they are christian and that the songs are about faith (although the band say they can be interpreted on a personal level by anyone how they like) and it has sort of tainted the experience.   Shocked

There isn't anything anyone can do to convince me that any of the abrahamic religions did anything other than treat women with contempt, this is why I am so angry.  How can I think well of those religions that think so badly of me, who want to confine me in some way.  Sure some of them have moved with the times, but it doesn't matter to me, the core, the past, it's all been crushing to women and glorifying to men.

Yet why be so angry?  why can I not let go and just enjoy music regardless of what faith the band is that is singing it?

Cry

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #93 - February 13, 2008, 10:49 AM

As you know, I wouldn´t agree with your assessment of all "abrahamic religions" (there really only is one such, anyway, and that´s judaism). But be that as it may - you are obviously carrying your burden with islam still with you. you must deal with that, when you feel ready for it, if you want to be relaxed. You can´t yet let go of the anger. dunno, how you could overcome this quickly... you will realise, when you did by the simple fact, that you don´t feel the need to fight any more... maybe try and get a balanced perspective, try and not focus too much on negative stuff? There´s bad AND good, even in islam.

I notice in myself, that I have become A LOT more agressive and hard over the years - I think this debating, arguing etc is bringing this forth. And that is NOT good - for me! Anger eats one up. Hatred, negativity are dangerous.

Sigh... am I making a little sense?

Reply #94 - February 13, 2008, 10:57 AM

As you know, I wouldn´t agree with your assessment of all "abrahamic religions" (there really only is one such, anyway, and that´s judaism). But be that as it may - you are obviously carrying your burden with islam still with you. you must deal with that, when you feel ready for it, if you want to be relaxed. You can´t yet let go of the anger. dunno, how you could overcome this quickly... you will realise, when you did by the simple fact, that you don´t feel the need to fight any more... maybe try and get a balanced perspective, try and not focus too much on negative stuff? There´s bad AND good, even in islam.

I notice in myself, that I have become A LOT more agressive and hard over the years - I think this debating, arguing etc is bringing this forth. And that is NOT good - for me! Anger eats one up. Hatred, negativity are dangerous.

Sigh... am I making a little sense?

Yes, making sense Dio.  Smiley

I want to let go, my friend says in time I will.  She was raised catholic, and is now a pagan, she went through many years of anger to her former faith for their hatred of paganism/heathenism, plus she is very nationalistic and sees the past and the onslaught of the romans bringing christianity over here and killing so many pagans (who she identifies with) as wrong.  So of course she went through a stage where she hated religion, wouldn't go in a church, argued with preists and religious people.

Yet she says she matured, realised that it was all one god, no matter how you chose to get there, and no longer holds anger for religion.  She even went to the vatican since, and just told me she will be gettig married in the summer next year and is considering a church wedding for her family, and a pagan handfasting ceremony for her and for us.

I argued, but why do I argue?  I will go the church and be her maid of honour, but I may stand there looking around feeling anger on my friends joyous occasion.  It's so stupid really.

She says I am on a journey and that when I reach the end it won't matter anymore, all the pain and the anger will be gone and I may gain belief back or I may not, but either way I will truly be free.

I believe her, but I have always been imaptient with my journey.  finmad

Reply #95 - February 13, 2008, 11:00 AM

eh... maybe tell her, that the romans conquering pagan (druidic) Britain were pagans themselves? By the time christianity came to Britain, it had been roman for centuries... and maybe you could ask her about the pagan saxons etc, who came and raided Britain and killed plenty of christians in the process? The mists of Avalon is NOT a history book  Roll Eyes

and btw: not to start an argument - but I am strongly opposed to this "oh, it´s all one god anyway" thing. It´s not. And if I was the priest, I would REFUSE  her a church wedding. It MEANS something to christians (esp. catholics - it´s a sacrament to us) and shouldn´t just be theatricals "for the family" if one doesn´t believe in it! Just mho.
     Reply #96 - February 13, 2008, 11:09 AM

eh... maybe tell her, that the romans conquering pagan (druidic) Britain were pagans themselves? By the time christianity came to Britain, it had been roman for centuries... and maybe you could ask her about the pagan saxons etc, who came and raided Britain and killed plenty of christians in the process? The mists of Avalon is NOT a history book  Roll Eyes

Cheesy Hey, history has a tendency to be remembered in different ways, by different people.  There are many different branches of paganism, hers is more geared towards the druids and the celtic branches, rather than the saxons.

Also roman may have been here too, but that was a case of we are taking your lands, not your gods, christianity was imposed on the masses when the romans decided it would be the one religion.

I'm just saying, different story from different sides.

and btw: not to start an argument - but I am strongly opposed to this "oh, it´s all one god anyway" thing. It´s not. And if I was the priest, I would REFUSE  her a church wedding. It MEANS something to christians (esp. catholics - it´s a sacrament to us) and shouldn´t just be theatricals "for the family" if one doesn´t believe in it! Just mho.

That is a shame, a real shame.  Why is it not one god? 

Reply #97 - February 13, 2008, 11:12 AM

Remember Dio, curb the aggression  Wink I don't want to argue the history, I want to rant about my unecessary anger for things that have past.

This saying was great yesterday:

The best thing and the worst thing of life, is that it's always in the past.

Reply #98 - February 13, 2008, 11:13 AM

sorry berbs - am just too worked up today... I´d get into a brawl if I tried arguing about ANYTHING right now! Roll Eyes
  • Re: Why do I hate religion so much?
     Reply #99 - February 13, 2008, 11:16 AM

sorry berbs - am just too worked up today... I´d get into a brawl if I tried arguing about ANYTHING right now! Roll Eyes

hugs I understand, it's one of those days.  I get like that too, King Tut should be online soon enough and we can have some wicked fun.  grin12

Reply #100 - February 13, 2008, 05:57 PM

it might be that you have so much anger caused by religion, one specific abrahamic religion, has built up over the years berb that you dont differentiate between them, because you know first hand how it must of been for women all those years ago, you understand their pain and anguish. Also in a sense it still comes back to haunt you, through your ex and court case, I think once that has passed you will move forward more freely. The most important thing is to have patience with yourself. I understand that you want free from it now, Im like that when I went to the gym I wanted results straight away, I thought to myself well I still look the same the gym is crap!, I know its not exactly the same but its similar in wanting things the now. Just take your time, we will be here with you along the way and still be here after the anger has long gone Smiley
     Reply #101 - February 13, 2008, 08:25 PM

The mists of Avalon is NOT a history book

I'll say. My family, friends and acquaintances were all terribly misrepresented in that book. My Dad was not a cry baby and Auntie Morgane was not a doormat with good intentions.

This novel also fails as effective satire because it is not funny. It is not imaginative because it rips off Morte D'Arthur in a tedious manner. Furthermore, it fails as a feminist political novel because all the female protagonists are faillures. They fail in very different ways but they still fail utterly. It makes for an utterly depressing read. Patriarchy did not rule as supreme as this work tries to suggest nor were early Christians this sexually repressed. The 5th century Britons were not that Puritanical. It would be another thousand years before that attitude became truly fashinable.

If we could live without passion, maybe we would know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion, we would be truly dead.

-
    The Quickest Path to Hate is True Love Betrayed.
     Reply #102 - February 13, 2008, 08:28 PM

I loved the mists of avalon, all you haters desist now.

I seek my man with serpents on his wrists, we are destined to meet again, if not in this life than the next.

Reply #103 - February 13, 2008, 08:33 PM

I seek my man with serpents on his wrists, we are destined to meet again, if not in this life than the next.(Clicky for piccy!)

It´s a good read - but it´s still crap, historically speaking (AND politically speaking). As is (neo) paganism (sorry to hurt your friend, but it´s true)
     Reply #104 - February 13, 2008, 08:37 PM

It´s a good read - but it´s still crap, historically speaking (AND politically speaking). As is (neo) paganism (sorry to hurt your friend, but it´s true)

Hey no doubt she would say the same thing about the churches beliefs.  Who cares if it is a bunch of crap, if it makes her happy and it hurts no one?

Reply #105 - February 13, 2008, 08:42 PM

Hey no doubt she would say the same thing about the churches beliefs.  Who cares if it is a bunch of crap, if it makes her happy and it hurts no one?

I care!! Because it DOES hurt people, spiritually, to fall for that totally moronic new age BOLLOCKS! Crap, invented by feminazis, and pseudo-intellectual losers of the 19th and 20th century, that have NO idea of real history! There IS nobody, who REALLY knows, WHAT the druids believed in, since they didn´t leave anything in writing about their beliefs! It´s all MADE UP. Same for "asatru" and THAT baloney. Arrrgghh!
    Sorry, had to get it off my chest!
    Life is NOT just about "what makes me happy". Drugs also do that - for a while.
     Reply #106 - February 13, 2008, 08:44 PM

There IS nobody, who REALLY knows, WHAT the druids believed in, since they didn´t leave anything in writing about their beliefs! It´s all MADE UP. Same for "asatru" and THAT baloney. Arrrgghh!

There is archaeological evidence that the druids practised human sacrifice.  I don't think they were a bit like the new agey types think they were.  In fact, I think the Roman invasion probably civilised Britain a bit.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #107 - February 13, 2008, 08:47 PM

And you keep telling me to stop whining, when you yourself went on a whining marathon, with your personal bibliography.

There is archaeological evidence that the druids practised human sacrifice.  I don't think they were a bit like the new agey types think they were.  In fact, I think the Roman invasion probably civilised Britain a bit.

Amen, Cheetah! Pagans WEREN`T the cuddly sweethearts some paint them now, to diss christianity! Human sacrifice, and many other bad, BAD things were rampant! And that "matriarchal" stuff is a myth, too! Those societies were NOT "anti-misogynist", destroyed by misogynist christianity! Women were CATTLE to most of those people, godesses and priestesses notwithstanding!
     Reply #108 - February 13, 2008, 08:48 PM

I seek my man with serpents on his wrists, we are destined to meet again, if not in this life than the next.(Clicky for piccy!)

Aunt Morgane is that you?

If we could live without passion, maybe we would know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion, we would be truly dead.

-
    The Quickest Path to Hate is True Love Betrayed.
     Reply #109 - February 13, 2008, 09:00 PM

I care!! Because it DOES hurt people, spiritually, to fall for that totally moronic new age BOLLOCKS! Crap, invented by feminazis, and pseudo-intellectual losers of the 19th and 20th century, that have NO idea of real history! There IS nobody, who REALLY knows, WHAT the druids believed in, since they didn´t leave anything in writing about their beliefs! It´s all MADE UP. Same for "asatru" and THAT baloney. Arrrgghh!
    Sorry, had to get it off my chest!
    Life is NOT just about "what makes me happy". Drugs also do that - for a while.

One could argue that Christianity was invented by nazimen, and pseudo-intellectual losers of the late BC early AD. There is NOBODY who really knows the truth about Jesus etc etc yada yada.

You say it harms her spiritually, but god damn it, that is YOUR belief and not hers.

Reply #110 - February 13, 2008, 09:01 PM

There IS nobody, who REALLY knows, WHAT the druids believed in, since they didn´t leave anything in writing about their beliefs! It´s all MADE UP. Same for "asatru" and THAT baloney. Arrrgghh!

No surprise you know, I did know that, as did she.  It's not like she is following it to the letter, just like Dio and modern day jesus followers don't folow theirs to the original letter.

Reply #111 - February 13, 2008, 09:02 PM

Totally unecessary attack on my friends belief system, not cool at all.   

Reply #112 - February 13, 2008, 09:05 PM

You and your friend know it, but I've met New Agers that react with shock and disbelief when that is pointed out to them.  Not that I really care who believes what, I certainly don't attack people for it.  Some people just need a reality check, that's all. (Not you or your friend, just people I've met.)

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #113 - February 13, 2008, 09:08 PM

One could argue that Christianity was invented by nazimen, and pseudo-intellectual losers of the late BC early AD. There is NOBODY who really knows the truth about Jesus etc etc yada yada.

One can ARGUE. wouldn´t mean, there was any basis for such argument. There IS for mine. Simply because we KNOW the feminazis and pseudo-intellectuals INVENTED neo-paganism, while the christians DIDN`T. There´s ONE certainty about neo-paganism, and that is, that it has NOTHING (or next to) to do with ANY historic paganism. It´s pure and unadulterated... fantasy. Jedi-belief is about as credible, and that also has followers.

You say it harms her spiritually, but god damn it, that is YOUR belief and not hers.

So? Am entitled to my (REASONED) opinion, or not?
    Am sorry if what I said angers you, Berbs - it IS the truth, though, and I said it in the interest of truth, not to hurt.
     Reply #114 - February 13, 2008, 09:11 PM

Whatever Dio, no doubt she will be glad to know that where she has acceptance in her heart for other peoples PURE fantasy, the church hasn't really changed it's condemnation of hers.

To me ALL of it, yours and hers is fantasy.

Reply #115 - February 13, 2008, 09:11 PM

I'm off to have my bath and watch my movie.  Enjoy.

Reply #116 - February 13, 2008, 09:15 PM

Whatever Dio, no doubt she will be glad to know that where she has acceptance in her heart for other peoples PURE fantasy, the church hasn't really changed it's condemnation of hers.

To me ALL of it, yours and hers is fantasy.

what I said has nothing to do with whether I believe in christianity or not. It would be just as true, and could be said, by any die-hard atheist.

I accept your friend´s right to believe in whatever she sees fit. That doesn´t mean I have to lie about it´s nature, validity and worth. At the most, I need to be tactful about it. But since she´s not even here, and obviously has no qualms to malign and spread NONSENSE about the church, I see no reason to.

MY fantasy has been around for millennia, and has built the world we live in, has been the basis and backbone of our culture for over a thousand years. HER fantasy... well, let´s just say, it has yet to prove itself.
    To put the two on a par, is like putting the Venus of Milo in the Louvre, and it´s plastic replica on the same plane.

I am very sorry, if I hurt you Berbs, and can only repeat, that, blunt, tactless German that I am, I only said what I said in the interest of truth, NOT to hurt anyone.
     Reply #117 - February 14, 2008, 12:31 AM

Dio I don't want to discuss my friends belief system, nor defend it, why did you attack it?

I used her as an example of advice to do with my anger at religion, I used how she USED to feel about the church, to how she has mellowed with age.  Instead of noting that her advice to me was what I was discussing, you ignored it and launched into a scathing attack on her faith which really had nothing to do with the reason I used her as an example.

We were discussing my anger at religion in my blog (not a religion defence thread), the example I gave about her was to do with advice towards me and my anger, how it ended up talking about her faith, I don;t know.

You really need to relax about your faith and stop seeing every criticism as something you need to defend. 

Now, lets just leave it at that, I understand that you feel like you have spent the past few years on the net being criticised for your faith, and it's leading to rising anger and making it harder for you to discuss, how about you stop fighting for once, let someone else defend it, and just enjoy the fact that you believe?
    You will never be able to prove it, people will always be ready to criticise, but if at all possible, just try and ignore them.

• The Lives of Others
     Reply #118 - February 14, 2008, 12:35 AM

Just watched The Lives of Others  Cry, very sad and poignant ending.  Gets a thumbs up recommendation from me.  Afro

It was slow, but well acted, very realistic.

Reply #119 - February 14, 2008, 12:43 AM

There is no archeological evidence that druids did so, only Roman historical accounts. For example, Ceasar's account of the wickerman.  Now it is hard to find archeaologyical evidence of something made of sticks. While the bog man is a man of high status that gave himself freely to a sacrifice (and who knows for what, public appeasement or for a god), how is this anymore different than two gladiators (when it was no longer volunteers, bu slaves and criminals) fighting it out for human pleasure. Aside from the Lindow Man, other accounts of celtic sacrificing was toward criminals and funerary sacrifices of slaves when their masters died. Of course none of these examples are druidic practices.

\\\\\\\"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.\\\\\\\"-Carl Jung
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 46 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »