Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: How many of you are smokers?  (Voting closed: March 11, 2010, 06:45 AM)
  • Yes - 9 (23.7%)
  • Time to time - 7 (18.4%)
  • No - 22 (57.9%)
  • Total Voters: 38

Topic: How many of you smoke cigarettes?

(Read 30100 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How many of you smoke cigarettes?
     Reply #90 - September 14, 2014, 09:44 AM

I've experienced nicotine poisoning before, it's disgusting.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #91 - September 14, 2014, 09:46 AM

Erm.. how do you mean?
     Reply #92 - September 14, 2014, 09:47 AM

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002510.htm

Reply #93 - September 14, 2014, 09:50 AM

I've had nicotine poisoning a few times, it's disgusting.

so why are you  Nicotinising Qtian. Relplace that with Chocolating or beering..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #94 - September 14, 2014, 09:50 AM

Because it's fun.

Reply #95 - September 14, 2014, 09:54 AM

yeez there's nothing that fills the 'hunger' left by nicotine withdrawal. You can't fill that void with anything but another cigarette, or shed loads of patience.
     Reply #96 - September 14, 2014, 09:55 AM

Qtian I know what it is! Wondered how you got there.. chain smoking? Chewing tobacco (super yuck!)?
     Reply #97 - September 14, 2014, 09:56 AM

A lot of everything really, plus I hadn't smoked/ingested any substances in ages so my tolerance was low and hadn't eaten in a good 24 hours.
    Tl;dr ...I thought I was dying lol.

Reply #98 - September 14, 2014, 09:59 AM

Lol I hear you been there done that  wacko, smoking on an empty stomach. Then thinking why the FUCK am I doing this to myself, as I continue to smoke to the filter.
     Reply #99 - September 14, 2014, 10:01 AM

Ever catch yourself saying bilmillah as you take a puff?  Cheesy
     Reply #100 - September 14, 2014, 10:03 AM

Haha, never. Though I used to smoke weed with a guy who would constantly proclaim how Islamic he was.

Reply #101 - September 14, 2014, 10:08 AM

I love how people say "Omg put out that cigarette, don't you know how bad it is for you!?"
    Really? I thought that it was a health supplement.

Or those who go out of their way in order to state that they don't find smoking attractive. If you didn't notice, I'm not smoking in order to attract you.

Reply #102 - June 25, 2017, 05:42 PM

Switched to vaping last year  Wink

Anyone got any advice on this? I go through phases of smoking, then asking myself wtf I'm doing and just quit. Friday, I bought a box of 20 and have got 7 ish left, but it's difficult at the weekends and 2 or 3 hours before I'll be home as my wife has a nose for these things and can't stand it. But it is what it is, and at times like now, smoking fills a void that nothing else can. I smoke rollups usually - I tend to go for a week or so on straights till I realise I could've finished 2 small bags of tobacco, and savaed a fortune (£8+ for 20!!!!) till I admit to myself I won't be stopping in a matter of days.

I have a few questions:

Does vaping  leave any smell on the vaper?

Can you get unfragranced, but nicotine containing, fluid?

Is there anything that will give a similar kind of throat hit as roll ups? (Straights just don't do it unless you draw hard and cover the perforations around the filter.)

Is there anything at the cheaper end (£20-£30 ish) or am I looking at proper £50+ kit to satisfy my last requirement?

Thanks in advance  Afro
     Reply #103 - June 25, 2017, 06:08 PM

Vaping is shit man. Tried it for like an hour and then realised that I'd rather just die smoking my beloved B & H Silvers.

Reply #104 - June 25, 2017, 06:26 PM

Smoking Sovereign blue atm. Didn't even know they did blue till I opened the box. Dunno how different blue and black are, looking at the box it's not even there but I Google it and apparently the blues are 10/.9/10. Surprised it's not on the box now.
     Reply #105 - June 25, 2017, 06:42 PM

Got given two twenty packs of Pall Malls. It'll take me a week to rinse them.

Reply #106 - June 25, 2017, 08:00 PM

You sound just like your signature  Cheesy
  • Re: How many of you smoke cigarettes?
     Reply #107 - June 25, 2017, 08:54 PM

You sound just like your signature  Cheesy

It's from this

https://youtu.be/V0AmAryvabU

Reply #108 - June 25, 2017, 09:21 PM

So I was hardcore into halfzware shag hand rolled straight since childhood. I am allergic to commercially prepared cigarettes, a gradual allergy that now effectively keeps me from smoking at all. Lucky for me, really.
    What I do know is that I have some good friends who were die hard smokers and they switched to vaping and they love it. They say their use is down and their breathing is improved. However, ingredients for vaping in the US are probably more toxic than those in the UK and therefore more satisfying.
    I used a lot of herbal tea to quit smoking, myself. Half of my addiction was taking breaks (explains my diligence in salaat, I suppose) and I continued to take those breaks with hot herbal teas. I still take breaks, but now with internet... not necessarily healthy, but some improvement.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #109 - June 25, 2017, 09:46 PM

three, I see where you're coming from with the breaks. I'm fully aware that for me, smoking is escapism. Also time to get away from everything and everyone and process thoughts.  I like the smoke, how it moves, its smell, holding the cigarette, hearing the paper burning when you drag. The whole thing. It's not just a nicotine fix. But, the nicotine fix, without all the rest of it, would be enough to keep me going while I'm around the house. There's a vape stall in a shopping centre not far from me, I'll probably go and have a chat with him and see what he recommends. I don't trust that easily though, and don't want to end up being talked into spending £50 on something that's rubbish.
     Reply #110 - June 25, 2017, 09:46 PM

I suspected it'd be a quote from something I had no clue existed  Tongue grin12
     Reply #111 - June 25, 2017, 09:50 PM

Meant to ask, three: what are your allergic reaction/s to cigarettes? I have eczema which comes and goes, although it seems to be more of a permanent fixture as the years roll by. It may be my imagination but I seem to have been more itchy since Friday :-/  I haven't been affected like this before, by smoking.
     Reply #112 - June 26, 2017, 02:00 AM

Well, when I first start back up I am fine. By the end of a week or two I have to have something to drink when I smoke. A few months in it doesn't matter what I drink or the temperature of it or even how much. My throat just feels like it is closing up.
    As much as I like soothing myself by rolling cigarettes, I just can't smoke them. Every time I go through a major life change I take it up again, for a few months.
    Luckily the children hate smoking. I have pointed out to them that it is hard to play tag when you have to stop and smoke and they agree. They hate the smell and one of mine starts coughing over it. 
    I don't think I will ever start up again.
    But oh god the smell of a freshly opened can of halfzware shag and the feel of that damp stuff as I pinch it up and smooth it out. It always made me feel better, just to do the preparation, a little ritual. I swear I would keep rolling it and hand out the finished product but I have only ever met one other person who smokes straight.
    Most people here think you are on drugs when you hand roll things, and I have never done them.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »