Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: How many of you are smokers?  (Voting closed: March 11, 2010, 06:45 AM)
  • Yes - 9 (23.7%)
  • Time to time - 7 (18.4%)
  • No - 22 (57.9%)
  • Total Voters: 38

Topic: How many of you smoke cigarettes?

(Read 30401 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How many of you smoke cigarettes?
     OP - March 07, 2010, 06:45 AM

Just curiosity lol.

I don't.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
  • Re: How many of you smoke cigarettes?
     Reply #1 - March 07, 2010, 06:54 AM

yup

baccy. preferably old holborn. nice n nasty

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #2 - March 07, 2010, 06:57 AM

Never.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #3 - March 07, 2010, 07:08 AM

The only thing I'm addicted to is the smooth flavor of cigarette juice.

"In a child's power to master the multiplication table, there is more sanctity than in all your shouted "amens" and "holy holies" and "hosannas." An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral. And the advance of man's knowledge is a greater miracle than all the sticks" - Henry Drummond
     Reply #4 - March 07, 2010, 07:23 AM

I have been clean from tobacco and drugs etc for most of my life. Growing up I hated smoking, my dad smoked quite a lot and it would piss me off at times. I vowed to never smoke my entire life...and I have to say I never did during my teens when people are very easily getting into this habit. But all that changed in 2006/07.  Cheesy

Started smoking shisha with friends after I turned 20, had my first cigarette at 21 - it was a Benson & Hedges if I recall. I think I have had something like around 30-40 cigarettes in the last 2-3 years. One would regard me as a 'social smoker' since it has mostly been around friends or cousins who do smoke. I once had 10 cigs in 2 nights with my cousin a few months back, and then smoked a pack of Goldflake last week during work (2 a day).

But I have gone months without the need of cigs, however I seriously miss doing Shisha. Last time I had it was back in January 2009 with my best friend in uni.  Cry

So yeah, I would say time to time.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #5 - March 07, 2010, 07:59 AM

Nope. I used to smoke weed (haven't for some years now) and I used to smoke tobacco with my weed sometimes, but I could never get more than halfway through a cigarette. Beats me how people get addicted to them.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - March 07, 2010, 08:20 AM

Weed....hmm...I've yet to ever try that.  Tongue

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #7 - March 07, 2010, 09:04 AM

I do not smoke.. I dont even want to have that second hand and third hand smoke either.  I cannot understand why people smoke. Especially  around babies, is sickening. Asthma, bronchitis, and respiratory and ear infections increase in children of smokers.

Smoking not only encourages lung cancer and heart disease, it also badly affects your overall health, your skin and your hair. Also  your  brain is damaged as brain is connected to the heart and the lungs through arteries that supply oxygen and other chemicals to the brain. So, when a person smokes cigarette, the chemicals inhaled are sent to the brain. Your teeth pays a heavy toll too with gum diseases, tooth decay and bad breath.
     Cigarette smoking causes 87 percent of lung cancer deaths and is responsible for most cancers of the larynx, oral cavity and pharynx, esophagus, and bladder.

Why is this crap even legal?

In new born babies: It retards growth. Smoking stunts the growth of the developing fetus. Nicotine narrows the uterine blood vessels, thus reducing blood flow to the baby. Also, smoking puts the oxygen blocker carbon monoxide into the blood that nourishes baby. Carbon monoxide robs oxygen from the baby.
    Passive smoking also harms the baby. When expectant mothers are exposed to smoke from other people's cigarettes, their babies are also exposed

I would never smoke I dont understand why is there a "need" to smoke, inspite of all those health consequences not only risks the health of smokers but also of second hand smokers as well as "third" hand smokers (those who end up with residues of smokes that seemingly came from nowhere)
     Reply #8 - March 07, 2010, 09:07 AM

Nope. I used to smoke weed (haven't for some years now)

Why did you stop?

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #9 - March 07, 2010, 09:08 AM

Vegetarianism is just so much fun, hey?  Cheesy

ETA: Got bored with it. Weed, that is.

Reply #10 - March 07, 2010, 09:17 AM

^Considering one gets to live longer and much healthier without torturing, caging, debeaking,dehorning, tormenting sentient living beings, then  I guess so.
     Reply #11 - March 07, 2010, 09:40 AM

ETA: Got bored with it. Weed, that is.

Angry
     Reply #12 - March 07, 2010, 09:41 AM

What's the problem?

Reply #13 - March 07, 2010, 09:48 AM

Got bored with it. Weed, that is.

Me too..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - March 07, 2010, 09:49 AM

Gross.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #15 - March 07, 2010, 11:18 AM

You have to love the judgemental attitude of those who have never smoked.  Must be so awesome up there on your high horse.  Roll Eyes

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #16 - March 07, 2010, 12:41 PM

I did try Sheesha (Waterpipe) 3 or 4 times maybe, but never cigarettes.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #17 - March 07, 2010, 12:47 PM

I have been clean from tobacco and drugs etc for most of my life. Growing up I hated smoking, my dad smoked quite a lot and it would piss me off at times. I vowed to never smoke my entire life...and I have to say I never did during my teens when people are very easily getting into this habit. But all that changed in 2006/07.  Cheesy

Started smoking shisha with friends after I turned 20, had my first cigarette at 21 - it was a Benson & Hedges if I recall. I think I have had something like around 30-40 cigarettes in the last 2-3 years. One would regard me as a 'social smoker' since it has mostly been around friends or cousins who do smoke. I once had 10 cigs in 2 nights with my cousin a few months back, and then smoked a pack of Goldflake last week during work (2 a day).

But I have gone months without the need of cigs, however I seriously miss doing Shisha. Last time I had it was back in January 2009 with my best friend in uni.  Cry

So yeah, I would say time to time.

I smoke Capstan (limited edition 10 packs) the white ones.
     Reply #18 - March 07, 2010, 01:20 PM

Nope, I do not smoke but don't mind if others do. In case I get a visit from a smoking friend or family I do ask them to smoke in the garden though.
     Reply #19 - March 07, 2010, 01:49 PM

Berber. Really its not about being judgemental. I am against smoking, not only for the reasons I mentioned earlier, but sadly a very close relative of mine, who was a smoker, passed away beacause of lung disease at quite a young age.
     Reply #20 - March 07, 2010, 01:53 PM

You have to love the judgemental attitude of those who have never smoked. 

Tbh in my experience ex-smokers are even worse in this regard.
     Reply #21 - March 07, 2010, 01:56 PM

I've heard that too, hmm, maybe it's like ex muslims looking at muslims and being all baffled, even though they too were deluded once before.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #22 - March 07, 2010, 07:56 PM

only smoke hookah when I go to Iran, but other than that no.
    Cigarettes are nasty
     Reply #23 - March 07, 2010, 10:26 PM

I smoke. Stupid habbit but a bloody addictive one.

Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful, The Perpetually Pissed Off About Some Shit Or Other.
     Reply #24 - March 07, 2010, 11:13 PM

I don't smoke.
    If somehow I were forced to smoke, I'd go for cigars.
    So I'd look like a real man, for a change :\

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #25 - March 07, 2010, 11:30 PM

I'm starting to get concerned about my smoking. I started at the age of 16 but I never actually bought any cigs until I was 21. Before that, I used to scrounge them off my mates.
    Recently, I've been smoking around 10 a day which is waaaay too much. I always nagged my father about his smoking and now that he's quit after 19 years, I'm the only smoker in the family. Such a shame.

I really pity and loathe myself for it but I keep convincing myself that "this is just a rough patch". Absolutely pathetic. Ahhhh I hate myself.
     Reply #26 - March 07, 2010, 11:32 PM

Yeah, you suck, you should probably end it all right now.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #27 - March 08, 2010, 12:10 AM

I don't, but I don't mind if other do here in countries like the UK/US for two reasons:
    1) Smoking is banned in most public places, so non-smokers clothes don't smell.
    2) Smoking will lead to an early death and keep pension payouts low. The heavy tax also helps the NHS. Yes, there are costs too in dealing with lung cancer, but I think overall there is a healthy profit.
     Reply #28 - March 08, 2010, 12:12 AM

Cheesy you're such a utliltaranist

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #29 - March 08, 2010, 12:16 AM

Do you mean utilitarian? If so, then yes absolutely, for the past year or so at least.

Ah, I have smoked some Hookahs, but this is on average once every 1/2 years so I don't count this often enough. One day I'll be able to puff out those hoops!
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »