Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Pakistan: The Nation.. The Politics... and The Religion

(Read 230192 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 27 28 2930 31 32 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pakistan: The Nation.. The Politics... and The Religion
     Reply #840 - June 26, 2020, 01:11 PM

Former JI emir Syed Munawar Hasan passes away in Karachi    says news

Former Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) emir Syed Munawar Hasan passed away on Friday at a hospital in Karachi where he was under treatment for the past few days. Hasan was born in Delhi in August 1941, a fortnight before Abul A’ala Maududi launched the JI. In the late 1950s, after aligning himself with the National Students Federation, he crossed over to Islami Jamiat-i-Talaba.

Elected emir in 2009 with around 70pc votes for the first term, Munawar Hasan started losing his popularity within the party after JI’s poor showing in the 2013 general elections. He served as the fourth JI chief from 2009 to 2014.

Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif offered his condolences to the deceased's family and to party workers.

well he was a faith head. and a religious guy ..  he was in fact close ally of that hadith story teller /  Quran Tafsir writer  from central India M.  Maududi.. and and he was staunch Taliban supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA8K2fuj1BM

Jihad has nothing to do with militancy: Munawar

well a faith  head nut case but he was not a bad guy..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #841 - July 04, 2020, 03:30 PM

here is the latest video from Pervez Musharraf   .. Former President of Pakistan..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQBX_mQEI6U

that is from Jun 29, 2020 ..  boy he changed a lot but glad to see his interview............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kFxjf-qK8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoQ76JFGNmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPyzzIYfmqA

what a difference ..  good times .. bad times...  times goes on.....

Reply #842 - July 09, 2020, 02:58 PM

The Future of US-Pakistan Relations: A Conversation with Gen. Pervez Musharraf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxZ8X-GMvN0

i can fairly say that was the last interview from  Pervez Musharraf.,  live streamed  on Apr 24, 2017    and it is with  moderated by Bob Woodward,   ALL THESE MORONS WHO WERE BORN IN PRESENT INDIA TO INDOCENTRIC MUSLIM PARENTS AND AND BECAME LEADERS IN PAKISTAN HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS LIVING LIFE IN INDOCENTIC  OBSESSION .. unfortunately  Musharraf was also born in present India had same problem...  good questions from Mr. Woodward....  There is little doubt  that  Pervez Musharraf was lying on that question of presence of Osama bin Laden  in Pakistan.,   Pervez Musharraf  knew  and in fact his team housed  Osama  in that house ...

Reply #843 - July 12, 2020, 08:53 PM

blasphemy fun in pak.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AyeshaNazSyeda/status/1282239974834831360
     Reply #844 - July 29, 2020, 07:18 AM

https://twitter.com/mughalbha/status/1288299144428257280

there  Aamir Mughal @mughalbha  gave a great link of Amanda Lanzillo  who wrote an article on  folks living in Pakistan _Afghanistan border

Racializing Craftsmen: How British martial race theory erased Pathan artisanship

Beginning in the mid nineteenth century, the British army in India selected local recruits based on racialized assumptions that some groups of Indians were inherently “martial.” After its formation under the British East India Company in the seventeenth century, the British army in India relied heavily on Indian troops. However, following the Uprising of 1857, when many Indian recruits rebelled against British officers, British military administrators began to borrow from the work of colonial ethnographers to identify new Indian recruits. These ethnographers categorized Indians within rigid caste and ethnic boundaries and often portrayed cultural practices as biologically predetermined, despite forms of flexibility and the shifting nature of these practices on the ground. Ethnographers argued that climate, diet, and forms of community organization all contributed to a community’s “martial” nature, although in practice, British military administrators also chose martial races based on which groups they believed were unlikely to rebel. Ultimately, colonial proponents of “martial race theory” claimed that groups like “Sikhs, Gurkhas, Dogras, Rajputs, and Pathans” were intrinsically suited to military work.

Martial race theory quickly exceeded the bounds of military recruitment. It has influenced popular South Asian narratives of ethnicity, masculinity, honor, and regional identity from the nineteenth century through the present day. This article analyzes the application of martial race theory to labor external to the military, and particularly its influence on artisan trades. It focuses on the working lives of Pathans, a term used in India to describe the diverse descendents of Pashto-speaking groups who had migrated from Indo-Afghan frontier regions. In categorizing Pathans as a martial race, authorities created new barriers to Pathan laborers’ and artisans’ access to non-military trades. Pathan traditions of artisanship were erased by a racial ideology that portrayed them as skilled only in “martial” trades like weaponsmithing.,,,

that is a great article and proper analysis of Afghan/Pathan History   read it all a link.. ENGLAND REALLY RUINED SOUTH ASIA

Reply #845 - August 08, 2020, 05:39 AM

Good papers .. good papers in this book to read

The Islamization of Pakistan,1979-2009 A Special Edition of Viewpoint.pdf

That comes out of The Middle East Institute Viewpoints https://www.mei.edu/   someof the papers in it

I. Origins and Consequences of Pakistan’s Multiple Crises

Post-1979 Pakistan: What Went Wrong?, by Touqir Hussain 9

Pakistan’s Reverse Revolution, by Imtiaz Gul 12

Pakistan: Reclaiming the Founding Moment, by Suroosh Irfani 15

II. Debating Pakistan’s Muslim Identity

Reclaiming Pakistan’s Pacifist Religious Creed, by Ishtiaq Ahmad 19

Moving beyond “Islamic,” by Aasim Sajjad Akhtar 22

The Islamization of Pakistan’s Educational System: 1979-1989 by Nasim Ashraf 25

Jamaat-e Islami, by Farhat Haq 28

The Legacy of Bhutto and Zia’s Contending Visions and Security Policies, by Lawrence Ziring 31

https://www.mei.edu/experts     good website to read on and off

Reply #846 - August 10, 2020, 04:32 PM

mullahs, Buffoons and baboons are back in action in Land of pure...

the news says    Clerics to get Tahaffuz bill implemented

LAHORE: Clerics belonging to various Sunni schools of thought met here on Sunday to decide the future line of action for ensuring implementation of Tahaffuz Bunyad-e-Islam (protection of foundation of Islam) Bill passed by the Punjab Assembly a fortnight ago.

The participants included Maulana Zahidur Rashidi, Liaquat Baloch, Dr Fareed Paracha, Maulana Muhammad Ahmed Ludhianvi, Syed Kafeel Bukhari, Hafiz Abdul Gaffar Ropri, Maulan Ilyas Chinioti, Qari Zawwar Bahadur, Hafiz Ibtisam Elahi Zaheer, Hafiz Asad Ubaid and others, while the sitting was hosted by Jamiat Ulema Islam (Samiul Haq) general secretary Maulana Abdur Rauf Farooqi.

Announcing the decisions at a press conference made by the gathering, Maulana Farooqi said the participants welcomed the Clerics to push for passage of the bill and called it a manifestation of the love and devotion of the members of the Punjab Assembly towards the holy personalities of Islam.

It congratulated the provincial government, the speaker of the Punjab Assembly, movers and all those members who voted for the bill and hoped that the same would be enacted into a law at the earliest.

It said that “vicious” attempts have been made by some quarters “in the name of reservations on this Bill” to make the sanctity of holy personalities controversial and termed it an intolerable act.

The meeting said serious scholars of all schools of thought have always expressed positive thoughts and feelings on the sanctity of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and his companions, and that the expression of any negative impression in this regard is not only against the unanimous position of the sanctity of holy persons but also an attempt to escalate sectarian tensions.

“Therefore, this meeting considers it necessary to warn such elements that their activities are not tolerated at any level. The sanctity of holy personalities will be protected and defended at all costs.”

The sitting called for forming a joint platform to defend the bill and empowered Maulan Farooqi to convene a summit of religious parties’ heads for the purpose.

It demanded that concerns of scholars, researchers and publishing houses regarding this bill should be removed and suggested the government to sit with clerics of all schools of thought to take them into confidence on the legislation.

It also demanded that contentious content should be scrutinized by the Muttahida Ulema Board instead of bureaucrats.

The meeting condemned the shooting of a film at the historic Wazir Khan Mosque in Lahore and demanded the government take notice of this incident and bring its perpetrators to book as well as disciplinary action against the officials who had given permission for the shooting.

It criticized the US response to the killing of Tahir Naseem in Peshawar, calling it interference in Pakistan’s internal affairs and urged the authorities to effectively implement the law of protection of the honor of the Prophet (PBUH) to prevent people from taking law into their own hands.

that is the news and that is how you purify land with THEIR POLITICAL ISLAM., THESE IDIOTS PROTECT ISLAM??.. what is this THEIR all powerful Allah sleeping??   we need bearded baboons to protect Islam?.. Allah is NOT sleeping  you fools....

Reply #847 - August 11, 2020, 09:20 AM

What is it with these people who celebrate extremists and most wanted fugitives in the name of defending 'Pakistan's internal affairs'? I saw this shit after Bin Laden was found and killed right outside the country's military academy. I don't remember seeing much shame that he was hiding in Pakistan, more for the fact that the Americans had 'interfered in Pakistan' s oh so precious internal affairs'. These people find pride in Pakistan being a safe haven for most wanted Islamic terrorist fugitives.

I think I'll have a go at 'interfering' in Pakistan's internal affairs when I say that that you clerics are the fecal matter shat out by the human race and Pakistan would do well to flush you out. Fuck off.
     Reply #848 - August 11, 2020, 09:21 AM

ATC seeks record in blasphemy accused killing case  says news

PESHAWAR: An anti-terrorism court on Monday sought record of the killing of a blasphemy accused inside a courtroom last month as the suspected teenage killer filed a bail petition.

It also issued notice to the state prosecutor for response in the plea. The court fixed Aug 15 for hearing into the petition of the suspect, who sought his release on bail on multiple grounds.
    He said the Holy Quran and Sunnah were the supreme laws of an Islamic country and all other laws were subordinate to it.  In the 10-page petition, which mostly referred to Quranic verses and Hadith, the suspected killer insisted that apostates were liable to be killed.

While the police claim that the suspect is around 17, the petitioner insisted that he was around 14 and a half years of age and that the entire investigation conducted in the case was a violation of the mandatory provisions of the Juvenile Justice System Act, 2018.
    The blasphemy accused, Tahir Ahmad Naseem, who was a US citizen, was shot down inside a courtroom at the Judicial Complex here on July 29. The petitioner is in Peshawar Central Prison on judicial remand.

The petition was submitted by a panel of lawyers, including Shabbir Hussain Gigyani, Mohammad Enam Yousafzai, Barrister Amirullah Khan, Qaiser Zaman Khan, Abdul Wali and Shakil Ahmadkhel.

The FIR of the killing was registered at the East Cantonment police station under Section 302 of Pakistan Penal Code, Section 7 of Anti-Terrorism Act and Section 15 of Arms Act.

The petitioner said no evidence was available on record to connect him with the commission of the offence.

He said the killing of anyone, who committed apostasy, by a Muslim in good faith and in line with the commandments of the Almighty Allah and Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), was not an offence and fell in the general exceptions provided in Pakistan Penal Code sections 76, 79 and 81.

The petitioner said it was evident from the record of the case registered against deceased Tahir Ahmad Naseem on Apr 25, 2018, at the Sarband police station as well as audio, video and text data available on social media and YouTube channel of the deceased that he had committed apostasy.

He also questioned the inclusion of Section 7 of Anti-Terrorism Act in the FIR registered against him and said in view of the facts and circumstances of the case, the people’s sentiments and the Supreme Court’s recent judgements, the ATA doesn’t apply to the case.

The deceased was charged by Nowshera resident Malik Owais, who is enrolled in an Islamabad seminary.

The complainant had charged the deceased of making false religious claims and telling him that he had been receiving Divine Revelations in dreams. The deceased was indicted on Feb 4, 2019, under PPC sections 153-A, 295-A and 298. However, he had denied charges.

that is the news on that blasphemy murder

Reply #849 - August 11, 2020, 09:41 AM

..............I say that that you clerics are the fecal matter shat out by the human race and Pakistan would do well to flush you out. ..................

Clerics’ honorarium to cost Rs2.6bn annually, PA told[/url]

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was told on Monday that the annual cost of honorarium to be paid to 22,234 Aaima (khateebs) of jamia mosques in the province on a monthly basis would be around Rs2.6 billion.

Replying to a question of Muttahida Majlis-i-Amal member Humaira Khatoon in the house, special assistant to the chief minister on auqaf, Haj and religious affairs Mohammad Zahoor said the Fund Flow Mechanism for the payment of honorarium to Aaima had been prepared in consultation with the Accountant General Office..................

that is 2.6 billion  Pakistani rupees  in one year in ONE PROVINCE.,  ., one heck of a lucrative business in the name of Allah..

Reply #850 - August 11, 2020, 08:51 PM

the mob-slamic republic at its finest. this is jinnah's pakistan, not zia's.

Quote from:
    “It’s one of those cases where everyone wants to be his lawyer,” Inamullah Yusufzai, who represented Khan at his first court hearing last week, told Reuters. Yusufzai said lawyers from across Pakistan had called to defend Khan for free, to support what they see as the justified killing of a heretic.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-blasphemy-court-idUSKCN255105
     Reply #851 - August 11, 2020, 09:31 PM

the mob-slamic republic at its finest. this is jinnah's pakistan, not zia's.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-blasphemy-court-idUSKCN255105

well   he shouldn't have said what he said here.. on July 29th..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofgqdP75uI

Now those online  hero dramas begin on that young fellow..  there are already more than 100 tubes with that young foolish fellow..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWEmBELTyBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrnvlxtJKE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-v2jIu9Blg

it is a bad time who criticize Islam IMPROPERLY... anyone can accuse you as infidel  because you wrote/said something online and any other 15 year old kid who knows you can gun you down for insulting Islam to become a murderer/ martyr/defender of Islam

Reply #852 - August 14, 2020, 08:41 AM

Well Today is 14th August.. A nation was born out of occupation and horrible breakdown of subcontinent

well let me go back in to history  through this  link https://www.dawn.com/news/1332229 of  NadeemfParacha   

https://twitter.com/nadeemfparacha

PM Khan commits blunders, then rectifies them and get praised for being ‘decisive.’ I wonder if this is actually a strategy. ............nadeemfparacha

More than blunders Ego & Narcissism  seems to be working  at its best   and that is the reason he is doing blunders in public life as well as in his private life ............

Reply #853 - August 14, 2020, 06:29 PM

partition has been a disaster. the only practical solution is reunified greater india as a federation of states - but only near-term scenario for that involves an international war on china and pakistan being on the losing side.
     Reply #854 - August 14, 2020, 09:16 PM

partition has been a disaster. the only practical solution is reunified greater india as a federation of states - but only near-term scenario for that involves an international war on china and pakistan being on the losing side.

Is this a war the region and the world can afford to have? 3 nuclear armed states kicking off?
     Reply #855 - August 15, 2020, 12:01 AM

can't make an omelette without breaking few eggs. besides, mutually assured destruction is not a deterrent to extremists - religious or otherwise.
     Reply #856 - August 15, 2020, 03:39 PM

Today is 15th August ., Other side of the border celebrates its independence day from colonial rule  a day later..  and this is what

India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi Says  ..

well whatever... but this important for me to read..

Brothers at war by Irfan Husain  15 Aug 2020

Irafan Saheb., Take care of yourself., I am worried about your health.,  You must get multiple opinion on that MM.... I too have problem with its diagnostics..  I know you are in your 70s., and I wish to read you another 20 years..

well let me also read A way out by Zubeida Mustafa 14 Aug 2020

glad to see both the articles.. hope folks read and saner voices heed ..

Reply #857 - August 16, 2020, 11:31 AM

Single National Curriculum of Pakistan PTI agenda... ... a debate   and discussion

SMOKERS’ CORNER: A REGRESSIVE NATIONAL CURRICULUM

Pakistan's Single National Curriculum: A step Forward or Backward?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdMFJHalTQ

Eminent physicist and education expert Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy discuss the nature and trajectory of newly introduced reforms on Single National  Curriculum, with Dr. Mariam Chughtai, member of the National Curriculum Council and Assistant Professor at School of Education, LUMS. Activist Sehar Tariq moderated the talk

Why a Single National Curriculum is Just a Hoax ...Pervez Hoodbhoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVrrVZTq-lA

well let me watch bit those tubes  and read  Nadeem   Paracha  smokers-corner  on education curriculum -Pakistan and its future

Reply #858 - August 16, 2020, 03:16 PM

the purpose of any national curriculum is social control. pak civilian/puppet govt always cedes that control to beardos and khakis.
     Reply #859 - August 16, 2020, 03:32 PM

looks like pak feminists aren't concerned about madrassafication.

https://propakistani.pk/lens/pervez-hoodbhoy-resorts-to-insults-after-losing-argument-against-mariam-chughtai-video/
     Reply #860 - August 16, 2020, 06:49 PM

madrassafication  of Pakistan is UNDER TOTAL CONTROL OF ARMY & ALLAH  that is making holes in the brains of   bearded baboon   but these fools are not real problem., Pakistan problems are with BLOOD SUCKING LEECHES  that are in various positions and control baboons of Islam as well as those in power in Army.,,  and  you can hear  about them in this today's news tube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lzK9APkmCA

Reply #861 - August 18, 2020, 05:17 PM

Hmm .. this is a good news even if it is Off Pakistan soil...

Pakistan-born astrophysicist Nergis Mavalvala named dean of MIT School of Science    says news  with this picture..

Pakistan-born quantum astrophysicist Nergis Mavalvala has been named the new dean of the MIT School of Science, one of the five schools of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), it emerged on Tuesday.

According to MIT News, she will become the new dean from September 1 and will succeed Michael Sipser, who will return to the faculty as the Donner Professor of Mathematics after six years of service.

Mavalvala is renowned for her pioneering work in gravitational-wave detection, which she conducted as a leading member of the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO), the report said.

"She has received numerous awards and honours for her research and teaching, and since 2015 has been the associate head of the Department of Physics. Mavalvala will be the first woman to serve as dean in the School of Science."

It added that Mavalvala was "energised and optimistic" about the role ahead, even as she acknowledged the unprecedented challenges the school and the institute as a whole were facing during this difficult time.

good news.. good news.. congratulations  to  dr.  Nergis Mavalvala

Reply #862 - August 30, 2020, 03:39 PM

travelogue-propaganda series about pak being broadcast on turk news channel currently.

https://www.trtworld.com/perspectives/a-place-called-pakistan-39061

here's a twitter thread about how young women are really treated in the land of the pure.

https://mobile.twitter.com/haiyabokhari/status/1298154060588224518
     Reply #863 - November 29, 2020, 05:43 AM

well I posted  discussed about this grand old man  Tariq Ali  number of times and I am glad to see he is healthy ..   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwbuxXqL8Ms

that is nice interview .. From Ayub to Imran through Zia and the Bhuttos - Writer and Intellectual - Tariq Ali - TPE #039 ..............
      and it is published  on  May 6, 2020

Reply #864 - December 18, 2020, 06:26 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zGk9URl9Y

my goodness gracious .. she is good ., I am glad to notice Pakistan does have future ,, provided WOMEN RULE THE COUNTRY WINNING IN DEMOCRATIC ELECTIONS ...

Reply #865 - January 31, 2021, 02:34 PM

Pakistanis Won't Get To Watch Their Country's Oscar Submission

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/25/960465889/pakistanis-wont-get-to-watch-their-countrys-oscar-submission?t=1612103183862

https://twitter.com/diaahadid/status/1353949242591764480

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700maY3F2wk&feature=emb_title https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3zwLrr9TKE
     Reply #866 - March 19, 2021, 10:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24AUOzfC04E

Former President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf's sensational interview 

that is from Mar 10, 2019.,   Former President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf' is indeed  a Pakistan Patriot ... he gave Interview to an Indian guy .. ...   that is a funny thing is.  he is holding balls of Indian interviewer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAu3-tGaEM

and let me add my friends twitter page videos here on President

https://twitter.com/mughalbha/status/1100073099654057986

https://twitter.com/HoorainPervaiz/status/1372583336258977805

they are old but worth watching

Reply #867 - April 06, 2021, 06:14 PM

seen this cool chap on ptv travelogue shows - doesn't seem to be a typical pakistani plonker.

https://m.youtube.com/c/WajahatMalik/videos
     Reply #868 - April 06, 2021, 08:14 PM

seen this cool chap on ptv travelogue shows - doesn't seem to be a typical pakistani plonker.

https://m.youtube.com/c/WajahatMalik/videos

There are plenty of good folks inside Pakistan as well as outside Pakistan who were born in Pakistan dear crumble.. but today's news says

Twitter takes on Prime Minister Imran Khan's meditations on rape and vulgarity

Prime Minister Imran Khan, oversimplifying rape isn't the way to stop it_  DAWN news...

Prime Minister Imran Khan over the weekend held a two-hour long question and answer session

Topic of Discussion: he discussed that's of particular interest to us and the rest of Pakistan — rape.

One caller from Hyderabad had two questions for the premier:

What steps has the government taken to prevent rape and child abuse, and are you satisfied with them?
    Since you speak of the State of Madinah, why isn't the government hanging rapists in public?

Now, instead of answering the question — particularly part A — the prime minister went into a different direction.

He started with stating that the issue pained him greatly, adding the crimes against children and women reported in newspapers are not even 1 per cent of what actually happens in Pakistan. Rape has always existed in our society but people were ashamed and didn't talk about it before, said PM Imran, adding that now, more people are talking about it.

"I want to say, like corruption isn't eradicated by enacting laws, the same goes for rape cases. We have made the law on rape and child abuse very strict but society must fight it together," said the prime minister.

"Society has to decide that these crimes are [equal to] the destruction of society."

Well said, prime minister. A society has to be cognisant of this menace and take steps together to combat it.

But here's where we lost him: The premier then linked the rise of rape and sexual abuse to the rise of "vulgarity".

Pause: To begin with, his oversimplified take on rape is problematic to say the least because "vulgarity" (also, who gets to decide what is vulgar and what is not?) is not the only reason for rape. In fact, we're very interested to know if this reasoning stems from some research that the government has conducted? And this is us genuinely asking the government: if you have taken steps to find out why cases of sexual violence are on the rise and more common in one place than the other, do share it with the public.

He mentioned several times that we as a society should fight rape and "vulgarity" but he never mentioned educating people on why this is wrong. By blaming vulgarity, he's removing the onus from the rapist. What he should be saying is we must teach men that rape is wrong regardless of what the victim is wearing or doing.

And if there is rampant "vulgarity" in the society, then perhaps the government could open rehabilitation centres for such men who have been affected so badly that they resort to violence? Instead of highlighting how vulgarity has corrupted the people and led to a rise in sexual violence — a dangerously ambiguous statement — tell us what you are doing to tackle this issue.

The premier also spoke of religion and the concept of 'pardah' in Islam. It is to remove "temptation" from society because "not everyone has willpower", he said.

Pause: His assertion that some people don't have any willpower is, again, problematic as it, again, places the burden of blame on the victim: the man didn't have the willpower therefore the woman should have been covered from head to toe. We wonder if the same concession would be given to a woman for lets say an extramarital affair: she lacked willpower so the man should have known better. We highly doubt it. So why this leeway for men?

Also, Islam talks about modesty for both sexes. Why is it that our leaders and those in power forget to talk about how men should lower their gaze to avoid temptation? Countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran prove that layers of clothes alone do not stop rape. The problem is not in the women and children who are abused and harassed, neither is it in their clothes — it's in the rapists and abusers and their mindsets. And by perpetuating this mindset, the prime minister is telling women living in Pakistan that the burden of safety lies on them.

Imran Khan went on to touch upon his time in England (surprise, surprise), India copying Hollywood, him asking local film producers not to bring in Indian or Western content, children's access to information on their mobile phones, and of course, the Turkish shows that will save us all.

What he did not do, however, was actually answer the caller's questions. He missed an opportunity to brief the people on what his government is doing, has done and intends to do by the time his government's term is over. That is what parents of children want to know. That is what women — regardless of whether they wear a chador or not — want to know.

The basic idea of what he was saying is sound — that rape is everyone's problem and that laws are not enough, we must all fight it together — but his moralizing saw him veering off topic and displaying a dangerous misunderstanding of a critical issue.

IMRAN KHAN .. DAMMIT SHUT UP  .. just work.,  the guy opens mouth talks shit., Imran however good person you are., however good intentions you have., you are a fucking looser when it comes to these social problems as well as family problems....,  And you showed it to the world   by marrying and divorcing Reham khan  and marrying again a Burkha clad lady..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS4RyVfCSIw

Reply #869 - April 28, 2021, 08:26 PM

well Let me read this book... and watch what General is saying all along.

http://www.sanipanhwar.com/

Operation Fair Play and Z.A.Bhutto’s Hanging? | Lt Gen Faiz Ali Chishti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeS_YqFsT-0

General Faiz Ali Chishti media talk  Oct 17, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6tmZ8q71sA

Well he was certainly one of the Architect for Putting Z. A. Bhutto in Jail if not hanging 

• Previous page 1 ... 27 28 2930 31 32 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »