Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: As Salaam Alaikum rahmantullah wa barakatuh

(Read 11132 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • As Salaam Alaikum rahmantullah wa barakatuh
     OP - March 01, 2010, 12:10 AM

Hi there

It used to be that saying asalaam alaikum has alot of meaning to me because I always felt it was beautiful to wish peace on everyone we met and rather then being selfish and greedy to wish the best for them too.

But how can saying something that most do not feel with theirs heart (nafs) be other then a false sense of security meant to manipulate us into thinking that a religion with such upstanding morals could be bad? 

After a conversation with a taxi driver one annoying thing about no longer being a non muslim is that everyone thinks it is because of the actions of muslim who no longer follow Islam.

While it is true some horrendous things have happened to me I have been fighting with feelings that Islam is another form of deception since I first started to gain knowledge of the religion. Like so many I shrugged important questions off my shoulder hoping that once I had knowledge they would be explained or I would find out there was no need to ask them in the first place.  I immersed myself in Islam so that I could from a practical sense see if the Islamic concepts that appeared to work superficially would actually benefit us in reality.

What I found is that Islam does not benefit us. According to some, like the taxi driver, it is meant as a test and is not supposed to benefit us and effectively Islam is asking us to walk into a fire in order to attain jannah.  Well this completely goes against all Islamic concept that Islam is perfect and a benefit to mankind on earth as well as in the akhirah (hereafter).

And to me if a religion is perfect then surely it would not place people in a worse situation as Allah is well aware of the nature of man to disobey and be rebellious.

So why does Islam not safe guard anyone weaker than another? In all aspects of the law I have noticed that not one safe guard is in place that can effectively ensure there is no misuse of power.

To make it short:

I became muslim 11 years ago.
    Was fooled by all the BS from muslim who are disillusioned bv  a made up islam they would like rather then facing reality.
    Then I followed it being a patient women. 
    And was blessed with marrying a student of knowledge and into wealth.
    Learned an immense amount of knowledge about /sunni Islam. (also shia which is a long story)
    Married a hypocrite who is not disillusioned by Islam but knows it to be false and uses it for his own gain.
    moved to a gulf country
    his intention was to take the children from me
    Fled a middle eastern country after being imprisoned, mentally tortured, sought  help no one cared accept non muslims, and then finally able to flee.
    Came back to the west and court did not believe my story
    I have no education and husband is of the upper middle class as a professional
    Then had to admit I am no longer a muslim so they wouldn't send the children back.
    Court does not understand how dangerous declaring myself non muslim is.
    westerners do not understand how the muslim mentality works and how aggressive and personal they take apostasy.
    And husband has regular contact with the children
    Good chance he will be able to have a visit in the middle east
    And if he doesn't he can easily take them out of the country becuase their is no fucking effective port alerts

I was a fool and I'm pissed off about being decieved.

• Re: As Salaam Alaikum rahmantullah wa barakatuh
     Reply #1 - March 01, 2010, 12:18 AM

welcome to the forum, I hope it helps in any small way possible.. how did you discover it n the first place?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - March 01, 2010, 12:26 AM

mujahid, welcome to the forum, great to see you here  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #3 - March 01, 2010, 12:31 AM

google

I guess I really need a forum to vent off some steam because I am sick of all the pussy footing around everyone does when it comes to criticising Islam. 

It has been incredibly helpful listening to other stories of apostates and given me some strength in a difficult situation.
     Reply #4 - March 01, 2010, 12:39 AM

Good to have you here, mujahid. Welcome.  Smiley

Btw, why did you choose that nick?

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #5 - March 01, 2010, 12:51 AM

because of the tests I had to endure while being muslim I was called a mujahid.

Reply #6 - March 01, 2010, 01:22 AM

Whoa, mujahid, when I greeted you I hadn't read through your introduction properly, and now I have, wow, you have been through some struggles. I'm really glad you are able to see clearly now, you have been through a lot. I hope discussing Islam here with like minded people can make a difference in some small way.

God is Love.

Reply #7 - March 01, 2010, 01:23 AM

Just reading about the situation you find yourself in vis a vis your ex-husband and the kids shows how important it is that voices like yours are heard and accepted in society.

God is Love.

Reply #8 - March 01, 2010, 01:39 AM

Unfortunately, people really do not want to hear about it billy. I'd love to speak out but when I do everybody just thinks of me as a racist or stereotyping muslims.

They think my story is unique which could not be further from the truth.
     Reply #9 - March 01, 2010, 01:40 AM

Yep. I've heard that line before, mujahid, about stereotyping and so on.

God is Love.

Reply #10 - March 01, 2010, 03:27 AM

Mujahid,

Take the time to write out your story.  Remember details. Catalog it all.  There are videos, fatwas, e-books, books, etc that you can collect from Islamic sources to show how dangerous it can be for a woman to quit Islam (or a man, but we're speaking to your particular situation). 

http://ofglitnir.wordpress.com is a blog about a woman who quit Islam also.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #11 - March 01, 2010, 10:45 AM

Hi mujahid Smiley

I'm sorry to hear you had such a horrible time. Islam can suck muchos sometimes. Especially for women.
     Reply #12 - March 01, 2010, 12:04 PM

Welcome Mujahid...or should I use the feminine term Mujahidah  whistling2

Welcome to hell where internet life is peaceful and serene.  Smiley

Religion has a long history of manipulating, belittling, intimidating, coercing, and dumbing people.

My best wishes to you in these times of stress and torment.  far away hug

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #13 - March 01, 2010, 12:28 PM

Greetings and Salutations, Mujahid.

Greetings

Like you I was duped by the dawahganda and became a Muslim as well.  Thank god that my ex and I never had any children though!

When you feel ready to, please post your story at wikiIslam.com.  This site has many stories about people leaving Islam, including myself.

Look forward to more posts from you!

signwelcome

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #14 - March 01, 2010, 02:36 PM

Welcome Mujahid   Smiley

Who called you Mujahid btw? Just wondering because it should be Mujahidah - the feminine form - in your case. (sorry I can be a bit pedantic about stuff like that lol)
     Reply #15 - March 01, 2010, 03:24 PM

Welcome Mujahid(ah) Smiley

Stay strong.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #16 - March 01, 2010, 08:41 PM

I prefer muhajid because it is the masculine form.  I think it is sexist that their is a difference!
     Reply #17 - March 01, 2010, 08:48 PM

But that's how arabic is :S It has masculine and feminine forms, like for baker.

Khbas (masculine)

Khbase (feminine)
     Reply #18 - March 01, 2010, 09:19 PM

The title and the name caught me off-guard  wacko

BTW welcome to the forum mujahid, sorry to hear all that you gone through  Cry

But that's how arabic is :S It has masculine and feminine forms, like for baker.

Khbas (masculine)

Khbase (feminine)

Not trying to sound pedantic, but he is right. And for an Arab it sounds awkward to address a female with "mujahid"  wacko .

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #19 - March 01, 2010, 09:26 PM

Hey man, you pedants get off your pedantic horses.  Tongue

I myself am often laughed at by my better moroccan speaking family, for mixing up the masculine with the feminine, and I've given up trying to care.

Welcome mujahid.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #20 - March 01, 2010, 09:27 PM

I prefer muhajid because it is the masculine form.  I think it is sexist that their is a difference!

OK, though I have to say it's a little odd. Many languages have masculine and feminine forms - do you object to all of them or just the ones in Arabic?
     Reply #21 - March 01, 2010, 09:28 PM

Hey man, you pedants get off your pedantic horses.  Tongue

I myself am often laughed at by my better moroccan speaking family, for mixing up the masculine with the feminine, and I've given up trying to care.

Welcome mujahid.  Smiley

Actually I expected her to say she didn't realise the difference - ppl make mistakes, there is nothing odd about that - but the reply that she objects to it because it is sexist makes me curious.
     Reply #22 - March 01, 2010, 09:35 PM

lol  I was just making something up and the sexist argument was the first I could think of.  Gonna have to do better next time.

nothing gets past you guys
     Reply #23 - March 01, 2010, 09:36 PM

Like I predicted she was joking.

But it was not in the manner that I saw my deja vu in.

Mujahid I wish you had commented my post directly and said:

I was just joking.

It would have made my deja vu prediction more precise.

Maybe its not too late?

Everybody delete your comments right after mine. I want to be a Prophet and the prophecy must be accuruete.
     Reply #24 - March 01, 2010, 09:37 PM

lol  I was just making something up and the sexist argument was the first I could think of.  Gonna have to do better next time.

LOL

You're good. Cool

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #25 - March 01, 2010, 09:39 PM

curiousity killed the cat!  bunny
     Reply #26 - March 02, 2010, 03:03 AM

lol  I was just making something up and the sexist argument was the first I could think of.  Gonna have to do better next time.

Awesome. Welcome!

fuck you
     Reply #27 - March 02, 2010, 06:35 AM

Hello tiger, greetings and welcome. I am glad that you came out fighting. Stay strong and do not look for sympathy, you are doing great.

Spend your energy on learning things that help you regain control of your life. Positive thinking will help you towards betterment.

regards and all the best

I am a student of quran and islam and not an exmuslim.
     Reply #28 - March 02, 2010, 07:16 AM

What I found is that Islam does not benefit us. According to some, like the taxi driver, it is meant as a test and is not supposed to benefit us and effectively Islam is asking us to walk into a fire in order to attain jannah.

May I address this for you (this is from something I read a long time ago, from a larger essay not my writing, btw):

The Meaning of Life: Why Does God Want the Suffering of Life?

The argument against all such possible reasons is that when a baby dies (for example, if an Earthquake destroys a town and kills some pregnant women and young children), then if it goes to heaven there appears to be no valid reason why we keep babies alive. I have debated this point extensively over the years and the most common argument against it has been that the experience of suffering of life is good for the baby. However I believe such an argument is not consistent with theism:

The tests and experience of life, and the experience of suffering, is for our own benefit

This was given as both a justification for the creation of suffering by God, and also as a reason why we should not kill babies. Following it up with a further statement makes it a bit clearer, by analogy: Going through suffering in life is for some reason we do not, as Human beings, understand, although it is ultimately for our benefit, because God is all-loving. A baby grows limbs and organs in a mothers' womb. It might think it would be easier and quicker if it did not grow these: But later, these parts of itself will prove to be immensely beneficial even if it doesn't automatically understand why it has to. Likewise with suffering: We endure suffering as part of self development for reasons we do not yet understand, but will become clear when we go to heaven.

The best outcome of life is to spend eternity in heaven. It doesn't matter if you are a limb or two short by the end of your life, the outcome is equally blissful for all people, it is an absolute good. BUT... this means that babies who die early, who go straight to heaven, appear to also enjoy this everlasting bliss without having experienced the pain and suffering of life. If it is possible to go to heaven without experiencing these things, then why did God create pain and suffering? It seems that, by this argument, God himself could kill all babies and therefore grant them all access to heaven. This would prevent all suffering. But, God does not prevent all suffering. This adds a further potential conclusion:

* God is not moral, is not all-powerful or does not exist

A second common argument is that:

The tests of life are for our benefit, not for the sake of God testing us

But this argument suffers a similar problem. If there was no evil, if God created no such thing, then such tests would not be necessary and everyone would go to heaven. However, God does send babies who die when very young to heaven despite them not having endured these tests. Therefore the tests are not necessary, and this does not work as a defence of evil, nor as a reason why God or us should not kill babies.

A more general assessment of the problem, with the above notes taken into account is:

Is there a God? Is there a point to life before heaven? If God wants what is best for everyone he could immediately place everyone in heaven. If we want what is best for our children, we could kill them, and then God would send them to heaven because they were innocent. That we do not do this means that there is no God, no heaven, or that there is some purpose to life and evil. However, there is no such purpose. Babies who die (for example, in natural disasters) go to heaven, therefore there is no essential point of life, nor any essential reason that we have to endure suffering and go through the tests of life before we can go to heaven. This shows no moral God exists.

Concluding:
    If there is an all-good God, then this God is immoral for not putting us all in heaven, and you are selfish for not killing your own children in order to send them to heaven.

* There is no God
          or
        * God is immoral
          or
        * There is no heaven
          or
        * The basic premise that dead babies go to heaven is not true

You chose

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #29 - March 02, 2010, 10:30 PM

Welcome and I hope you gain some help form being here or at least a place to escape to discuss any concerns.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »