Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ignore function

(Read 20487 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Ignore function
     Reply #30 - March 04, 2010, 02:51 AM

Those are all possible (anything is possible) but for real coverage it would also need to remove quotes from the ignored person that are contained in other people's posts. Of course if you do that then said posts may not make a damned bit of sense, and that in turn will lead to posts asking WTF they were talking about, followed by an explanation that they were responding to He-or-She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Acknowledged, which in turn will lead to insatiable curiosity keeping you awake at nights until you succumb to temptation and turn off the ignore temporarily to see what the hell is going on.  dance 

Cheesy So very right.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #31 - March 11, 2010, 11:31 PM

Those are all possible (anything is possible) but for real coverage it would also need to remove quotes from the ignored person that are contained in other people's posts. Of course if you do that then said posts may not make a damned bit of sense, and that in turn will lead to posts asking WTF they were talking about, followed by an explanation that they were responding to He-or-She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Acknowledged, which in turn will lead to insatiable curiosity keeping you awake at nights until you succumb to temptation and turn off the ignore temporarily to see what the hell is going on.  dance 

Yeah, but that's not what I was asking for.

fuck you
     Reply #32 - March 12, 2010, 06:47 AM

Can you make it to where you can't even see that the ignored member has posted anything? Please. I've never used the ignore function on any forum at any time before today, but there's a member here who makes me want to put a fuckin drill through my skull, and I'd prefer it if I couldn't even see he's posted. Thanks.

Even if it was possible to do what you were seeking, I would request the mods NOT to do it simply because it would make you practice self control which is probably one of the most important disciplines in spiritual development.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #33 - March 12, 2010, 04:22 PM

You're not my dad, Charles. If you were I wouldn't be posting here because I woulda put a .38 JHP through my skull a long time ago.

fuck you
     Reply #34 - November 17, 2010, 09:31 AM

Quick question: how come I just got a private message from someone on my ignore list?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #35 - November 17, 2010, 02:18 PM

Who is this person ignoring me? Tongue

Wow, a popular guy/gal!

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #36 - November 17, 2010, 09:37 PM

Quick question: how come I just got a private message from someone on my ignore list?

The ignore posts thingy is an add-on that I installed. It wasn't integrated with the ignore PM's thingy (which is standard). So, you have two separate pages: "Personal Message Options" and "Ignore user options". Check them both.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #37 - November 17, 2010, 09:38 PM

Coolio, thanks. Smiley

Reply #38 - November 17, 2010, 09:39 PM

Who is this person ignoring me? Tongue

Isnt the weather nice today  whistling2

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #39 - November 25, 2010, 05:13 PM

Can you make it to where you can't even see that the ignored member has posted anything? Please.

I'm gonna renew this request.

fuck you
     Reply #40 - November 25, 2010, 05:28 PM

You'll still see it if someone quotes them.

Reply #41 - November 25, 2010, 05:30 PM

That's fine, I understand that. Still think it would be better if I couldn't read their posts/threads.

fuck you
     Reply #42 - November 25, 2010, 05:36 PM

Can't do threads without major recoding (which I aint into). Hiding posts completely can be done with a little bit of work. Will think about it. 

Reply #43 - November 25, 2010, 05:46 PM

Thanks

fuck you
     Reply #44 - March 17, 2011, 01:58 PM

Another quick question: Is there a way to remove ignored posts from the 'Recent Posts' list?

Reply #45 - March 19, 2011, 01:33 AM

Well there would be, but it's not part of the coding for the ignore mod. Could be done with some custom coding but I've never looked at doing those changes. Might not be all that hard to arrange. I'll take a look at it when I get time.

Reply #46 - March 23, 2011, 01:25 PM

Coolies Smiley

Reply #47 - August 12, 2011, 11:22 PM

Gonna go ahead and renew this request since I recently saw some other folks would like it as well.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #48 - August 12, 2011, 11:36 PM

Yes I would second that ^ .. and so would some people I know. Os just do it will you? Please!  parrot
     Reply #49 - August 12, 2011, 11:39 PM

It would be helpful, especially since my ignore list is double digits now.lol
     Reply #50 - August 12, 2011, 11:41 PM

Wow, really Mighty? you're a handful Tongue .. I'm glad I ain't on it anymore though .. I think .. Why am I still here?! .. FFS get off Zaiba before he ignores you .. you already have 5 ignorers, as it is.
     Reply #51 - August 12, 2011, 11:43 PM

Wow, really Mighty? you're a handful Tongue .. I'm glad I ain't on it anymore though .. I think .. Why am I still here?! .. FFS get off Zaiba before he ignores you .. you already have 5 ignorers, as it is.

Dont worry, you're not on it. Smiley
    You're on the 'girls too pretty for me' list.   Wink
     Reply #52 - August 13, 2011, 12:10 AM

Awwwwww. 001_wub

I'm not too pretty for you silly. Tongue
     Reply #53 - August 18, 2011, 07:08 PM

Seriously, os, anyone-- help a brother out.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #54 - August 18, 2011, 07:20 PM

Why so desperate? Huh? I'd hate to know who you're dying to put on perma ignore wacko
     Reply #55 - October 08, 2011, 04:31 PM

Hi Osmanthus,
    I've got 2 questions. Well really I've got alot more then that but for now there are 2 that I would like you to help me with about this forum.

1) Usually when I sign in in there is a little thing that reads Hey Lynna then under it it I can click on on replies to my posts or unread posts or there are some other choices. Anyhow I signed in and this set up was gone. I'm not sure what I did but it's gone. I went to my profile settings but could not find a place there to get it back. Could you help me?

2) I put Gladfly on ignore by accident. I think when I was sleeping on my cell phone anyhow I didn't really want to ignore Gladfly. Could you please tell me how to get Gladfly off my ignore list.

thnkyu

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #56 - October 08, 2011, 09:07 PM

Has the whole side column disappeared or only the top block? Also, are you on the normal theme or the mobile theme?

The column can be turned on and off by clicking the left edge of the screen (normal theme) or by clicking the grey bar across the top of the screen (mobile theme).

The individual blocks can be collapsed or expanded by clicking the icon at the right side of each block header bar.

There is an ignore/unignore button in each post, nest to the avatar. Click it. yes 

Reply #57 - October 08, 2011, 10:12 PM

Has the whole side column disappeared or only the top block? Also, are you on the normal theme or the mobile theme?

The column can be turned on and off by clicking the left edge of the screen (normal theme) or by clicking the grey bar across the top of the screen (mobile theme).

The individual blocks can be collapsed or expanded by clicking the icon at the right side of each block header bar.

There is an ignore/unignore button in each post, nest to the avatar. Click it. yes 

Thanks I work out the ignore/unignore button on the computer because I can actually see it.

Even on my phone I am not on mobile theme because that theme really drove me crazy even though it was a little easier to see it was hard to use.

I'm not real sure which screen is normal theme. The one I have is ultraviolet and there is no gray bar at left edge. At least not one that I've found yet. I'll try charging to another theme, maybe I'll find it.

Yes. It is the whole side column that has disappearred.

However, any other suggestion would be helpful. These kind of issues seem to be difficult for me. mysmilie_977

parrot

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #58 - October 08, 2011, 10:14 PM

Lynna, all the way on the left side of your screen, do you see a grayish bar with a lighter gray arrow in the middle? If you move your mouse all the way to the left, it should become slightly darker. Clicking on that grayish bar will expand and contract the left side menu for the forum.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #59 - October 08, 2011, 10:19 PM

Thanks I work out the ignore/unignore button on the computer because I can actually see it.

Even on my phone I am not on mobile theme because that theme really drove me crazy even though it was a little easier to see it was hard to use.

What did you find hard to use about it?

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »