Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sound Problem

(Read 3365 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sound Problem
     OP - February 25, 2010, 11:26 PM

I have a strange problem with my laptop. The sound is 100% OK except when I use a headset. I re-installed the sound driver and tried 3 headsets so far with no results. Like I said there is no problem if I'm not using a listening device but the moment I plug in one I hear nothing but static and weird noise.

Please help  Cry

And once again, I've already tried 3 headsets which are working just fine on other laptops/phones so this has to be a problem with the computer itself.

Oh and one last thing, it comes and goes  grin12 I am not intentionally trying to make it a mystery here. It happened with me about a week ago for two hours then it somehow fixed itself and now I it happened again !

Waiting for your help. Just finished downloading Bad Lieutenant and I wanna watch it without waking up the whole family.

Thanks in advance !
  • Re: Sound Problem
     Reply #1 - February 25, 2010, 11:31 PM

You are going insane and suffering from auditory hallucinations. I recommend Haldol. Don't worry about the potential for tardive dyskenesia-- women find that really sexy.

fuck you
     Reply #2 - February 25, 2010, 11:35 PM

Oh shit-- I just noticed-- Bad Lieutenant. Awesome, awesome fuckin movie! You mean the original, right?

fuck you
     Reply #3 - February 25, 2010, 11:37 PM

I have a strange problem with my laptop. The sound is 100% OK except when I use a headset. I re-installed the sound driver and tried 3 headsets so far with no results. Like I said there is no problem if I'm not using a listening device but the moment I plug in one I hear nothing but static and weird noise.

Please help  Cry

And once again, I've already tried 3 headsets which are working just fine on other laptops/phones so this has to be a problem with the computer itself.

Oh and one last thing, it comes and goes  grin12 I am not intentionally trying to make it a mystery here. It happened with me about a week ago for two hours then it somehow fixed itself and now I it happened again !

Waiting for your help. Just finished downloading Bad Lieutenant and I wanna watch it without waking up the whole family.

Thanks in advance !

I'm just guessing but could it be a hardware problem - namely a faulty socket?

Sorry I'm not much help.
     Reply #4 - February 25, 2010, 11:39 PM

Maybe I am !! After all I drove 1000+ miles in less than 48 hours  wacko

BTW Q, I only downloaded Bad Lieutenant because you put it in your top 10, that and its RottenTomatoes rating. Anyway you must help me now that you got me all excited about a Nick Cage movie. The first one since Matchstick Men I gotta say.
     Reply #5 - February 25, 2010, 11:40 PM

Oh shit I just noticed you were talking about the original  mysmilie_977
     Reply #6 - February 25, 2010, 11:41 PM

I'm just guessing but could it be a hardware problem - namely a faulty socket?

Probably. That was my guess too.
     Reply #7 - February 25, 2010, 11:44 PM

Sorry for stating something stupid, but it does happen sometimes.  Your not connecting the jack to the microphone socket as opposed to the speaker one are you?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - February 25, 2010, 11:48 PM

Sorry for stating something stupid, but it does happen sometimes.  Your not connecting the jack to the microphone socket as opposed to the speaker one are you?

Cheesy
    Nah man I am sure. I wouldn't have gotten my lazy ass off the couch unless I had made sure it was not something I could do without standing up.
     Reply #9 - February 26, 2010, 01:36 PM

Any other suggestions guys?
     Reply #10 - February 26, 2010, 02:16 PM

Are you sure its not the speakers?  If you have a friend with another set, or a headset lieing around the house, you could rule this out. Or test the speakers in another or someone else's computer.

The jack might be shorting the circuit, and might be resulting in feedback in the speakers.  Have you tried pulling the jack out & in gently at the connection point  while you are playing something - might help establish if its a connection problem, as 9/10 times it happens at that point.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - February 26, 2010, 03:58 PM

I told you IsLame, I tried 3 different sets.
     Reply #12 - February 26, 2010, 05:20 PM

Pray rak'atayn and make du'a.
     Reply #13 - February 26, 2010, 06:01 PM

Cheesy
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »