Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Reformed Islam of COEM

(Read 31700 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The Reformed Islam of COEM
     Reply #60 - February 26, 2010, 05:13 PM

Here is what he said.. you 2 should also get a bed together (in the lab but mind you dont knock the test tubes)

wow, I just checked out the thread - never judge a book by its cover I suppose. I am happily married so will pass on the love.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #61 - February 26, 2010, 05:14 PM

Historically Muslim men have always been married yet engaged in some man on man love on the side. Its almost the Muslim thing to do.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #62 - February 26, 2010, 05:14 PM

Women for making babies, Men for real love. The Islamic way. Wink

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #63 - February 26, 2010, 05:16 PM

I guess the same thing i.e lack of ability to accept that the scripture is bogus. I see the interpretation has to change to suit the need of the time to preserve your belief.All the believers in religion do that. My roomie is a christian and he got pissed off when I told him Xtianity is another load of shit . The typical excuse was that there  are different interpretations possible and its not that easy to interpret the text.I asked then what good is such a book for if its not clear ? Suppose I have a road map and it tells me that from point A you can take east,west,north or south to reach say a particular place X. What good is that map for? Would I ever reach my destination when I am told that the place I want to reach can be reached by taking any  direction? Same is the case with the religion. If really different interpretations are possible then what good is that book for?

dear SKB., what you wrote above to BerberElla., Is that  specific to Christianity and Islam or you are taking swipe at every religion and its scriptures??[/u]

with best
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #64 - February 26, 2010, 05:19 PM

Women for making babies, Men for real love. The Islame way. Wink

Islame I think Iblis is asking you for some butt-sex

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #65 - February 26, 2010, 05:20 PM

So dear friends .. Iblis, IsLame, abuyunus2 ...

What is that one( Muslim, Non-Muslim and Atheists  like you guys ) has to do to reform present Islam?  or Muslim countries or some Muslims in west ??  Do we really need to modify the  scriptures or can we do it with Muslim folk??

with best
    yeezevee

Reply #66 - February 26, 2010, 05:22 PM

Islam allows butt seks with d00ds, so thats all I really need to be happy. Wink

Reply #67 - February 26, 2010, 05:27 PM

What is that one( Muslim, Non-Muslim and Atheists  like you guys ) has to do to reform present Islam?  or Muslim countries or some Muslims in west ??  Do we really need to modify the  scriptures or can we do it with Muslim folk??

with best
    yeezevee

I never realised you were so interested in reforming Islam, Yeezevee. You never cease to amaze me.

Don't you realise that ex-Muslims don't have any say in reforming Islam?

There was a time when I was on the edge of leaving Islam but considered staying a Muslim to help them reform as I understood very well that reform can only come from within.

I decided to be true to myself rather than plugging the holes in a sinking ship I didn't personally believe in.
     Reply #68 - February 26, 2010, 05:30 PM

Islame I think Iblis is asking you for some butt-sex

Well seen as though everyone on this site is getting partnered up then as long as he accepts I'm a giver & not a taker, I dont mind..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #69 - February 26, 2010, 05:32 PM

I did not ask to reform for my sake. LOL how can you stay faithful to a religion whilst reforming it. Let me create something and then worship it. I was talking about reform for muslims, maybe in the future. Like a cultural muslim or something, whatever that means.
     Reply #70 - February 26, 2010, 05:32 PM

dear SKB., what you wrote above to BerberElla., Is that  specific to Christianity and Islam or you are taking swipe at every religion and its scriptures??[/u]

with best
    yeezevee

I am specially against islam for the time being because I see islam is being implemented which is dangerous.
     Reply #71 - February 26, 2010, 05:34 PM

with best
    yeezevee

I dont think you will ever be able to reform the scriptures to the extent you would like Yeezevee - problem is that its in black & white and Islam prides itself and sees itself as superior to Chritianity and the Abrahmics for now allowing itself to be flexible & cave in to modern demands.. so at least in my lifetime, I am pretty sure it wont (and probably will get worse before its starts to get any better)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #72 - February 26, 2010, 05:37 PM

I am specially against islam for the time being because I see islam is being implemented which is dangerous.

That is all right., as you know very well, I am also against Islam as I too consider certain parts of Islam is indeed dangerous  but are you also against OTHER RELIGIOUS scriptures?  In other words are you an atheist??

Reply #73 - February 26, 2010, 05:38 PM

Honestly, I no longer care for reforming Islam. I'm more interested in demolishing it and getting the fuck away from it and Muslims too.

Reply #74 - February 26, 2010, 05:42 PM

IsLame
    I dont think you will ever be able to reform the scriptures to the extent you would like Yeezevee

Well these scriptures are silly books and Prophets are dead., why worry about them??  Can't we reform Muslims leaving those scriptures to History?

Don't you think it is lack of Modern education in Muslim countries that is dragging this problem., Christians and Jewish folk did it splendidly in 18th and 19th century.. why Not Muslims??

Thanks for the post
    yeezevee

Reply #75 - February 26, 2010, 05:44 PM

Honestly, I no longer care for reforming Islam. I'm more interested in demolishing it and getting the fuck away from it and Muslims too...

Islam might have done something to you but what did Muslims WHO NEVER READ , NEVER UNDERSTOOD QURAN do to you to get  the fuck away from them  dear iblis??

and How can you get the fuck away from  1.5 billion people?

Reply #76 - February 26, 2010, 05:46 PM

LOL I can barely understand you Yeezeevee.

and How can you get the fuck away with 1.5 billion people?

Move to northern alberta? LOL

Reply #77 - February 26, 2010, 05:48 PM

IsLame Well these scriptures are silly books and Prophets are dead., why worry about them??  Can't we reform Muslims leaving those scriptures to History?

Don't you think it is lack of Modern education in Muslim countries that is dragging this problem., Christians and Jewish folk did it splendidly in 18th and 19th century.. why Not Muslims??

Thanks for the post
    yeezevee

Because they have already done it, it makes it harder for muslims to repeat the same trick.  Also

1)  The Quran is literally meant to be the words of the omnicient creator, unlike the others
    2) Because they see the moral "ruin" of the west, and blame it on them altering their religion
    3)  Quran prides itself on being the final unalterable message (Muhammed knew of the mistake of Judaism & christianity and allowed little room for manoevre)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #78 - February 26, 2010, 05:50 PM

BD says
    I did not ask to reform for my sake. LOL how can you stay faithful to a religion whilst reforming it. Let me create something and then worship it. I was talking about reform for muslims, maybe in the future. Like a cultural muslim or something, whatever that means.

BD., dear BD, you started the therad and you ran away., You better stay here.,

Now what do you mean faithful to a relgion.. for .e.g Islam?

What is that whole BOOK is crying

Monotheism.. One God.. One God..One God .,  O.K. what is the big deal about it?? So they believe in One God .,  Your thinking is also wonderful  That is Be a CULTURAL MUSLIMS.,

And can we get some examples of that?? some well known people.. or some countries.  how to be a cultural Muslim without following Islam and scriptures??.

Reply #79 - February 26, 2010, 05:55 PM

Dear yeezevee, zaid hamid wants an islamic state based upon the quran and the hadith. We all know what is in the quran and the hadith. This is why I disagree with what he is saying. He is sugar coating islam for us by ignoring current world as we find it. For a start look at the population difference. It was easier to feed people back then because there was more land available per person and that muslim jihad brought in too much booty. Today there are more people to feed the while the size of the land remains the same and muslims are in no position to go on jihad to feed their people by robing others.

He talks about umar but if we look at the way nonmuslims were suppose to be treated under his rule, it is terrible. Treaty or pact of umar is a famous document.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/pact-umar.html

As for your point about muslims participating in politics. That is a good sign in one sense but bad in other. Good for integration of muslims but bad if they fighting to subtly bring more power to islam. It depends on their intentions. So long as these people do their job for which they are elected I do not think we can complain. The complain is only possible when we catch them pushing islamist agendas.

I do not oppose secular democrat muslims provided they believe in the system. Reform is all about people holding on to their religious beliefs but not letting them interfere in matters concerning state ie so long as they keep their religion to themselves I have no problems with them.

My problem is with state sponsored OIC which represents 57 muslims states and is hell bent on gagging us by way of UN. I see this move of muslims a very dangerous one indeed. People must wake up and oppose it by all means appropriate or necessary.

regards and all the best.

I am a student of quran and islam and not an exmuslim.
     Reply #80 - February 26, 2010, 06:01 PM

Of course BD - I understood that. It seems Yeezevee didn't. (Let's face it, Yeezevee is on another planet.)
     Reply #81 - February 26, 2010, 06:03 PM

He really is. Cheesy

Reply #82 - February 26, 2010, 06:04 PM

How can you get the fuck away from  1.5 billion people?

Now here you have a good point!

Personally I can happily live with Muslims. Yes there are a lot of fuckwits amongst them... "This just in: Humanity contains a truckload of fuckwits of all flavours!"

Smiley
     Reply #83 - February 26, 2010, 06:12 PM

That is all right., as you know very well, I am also against Islam as I too consider certain parts of Islam is indeed dangerous  but are you also against OTHER RELIGIOUS scriptures?  In other words are you an atheist??

Yes I am an atheist. Didnt you know this? I dont support any religious scriptures. In general I am against all scriptures.
     Reply #84 - February 26, 2010, 06:26 PM

Yes I am an atheist. Didnt you know this? I dont support any religious scriptures. In general I am against all scriptures.

., Well i never read you criticizing every scripture and your Background  is Indian + Hinduism , So I was under the impression that could be the reason why you are vehemently against Islam and Christianity ., And it is a fact that Islam/muslims  did dominate Indian subcontinent until colonialism came in and Christianity in colonial time might have given problems to some Hindus. So you have the right to be angry/upset..

That is O.K. you don't support any religions and any scriptures., But you have to realize you are in a terrible minority and must learn to live with rest of 6 billion or so people ., I am sure you also don't like Communism or do you like that Government like the one in West Bengal  of India?

Next  question is., is it not possible to educate Muslim folks about Islam.. And let them do their One God religious stuff. As long as it is NOT a political system, would that be O.K with you??

thank you SKB  for the discussion..   Please read Mughal's post  e.g. at http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=8853.msg224063#msg224063  

would you agree his posts

Reply #85 - February 26, 2010, 06:52 PM

yeezevee: How can you get the fuck away from  1.5 billion people?

Now here you have a good point!

Personally I can happily live with Muslims. Yes there are a lot of fuckwits amongst them... "This just in: Humanity contains a truckload of fuckwits of all flavours!"

Smiley

I am not very certain that it is possible for you to live in Islam/Muslim dominated countries dear Hassan., It is all right in west or in France.. may be in India( I doubt that).

That stuff you posted here and at internet .. You will be treated worse than this lady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H8OH004P7U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTDM-si7RFM

Off course you can live., if you don't interfere with Islam, Islamic Scriptures  and Islamic rulers  And you can also live  as for e.g as Sufi Muslim in Islamic countries or non Muslim countries

Personally I can happily live with Muslims.

well you can live happily every where except in FFI lol..

with best
    yeezeve

Reply #86 - February 26, 2010, 07:12 PM

Dear yeezevee, zaid hamid wants an islamic state based upon the quran and the hadith. We all know what is in the quran and the hadith. This is why I disagree with what he is saying. He is sugar coating islam for us by ignoring current world as we find it. For a start look at the population difference. It was easier to feed people back then because there was more land available per person and that muslim jihad brought in too much booty. Today there are more people to feed the while the size of the land remains the same and muslims are in no position to go on jihad to feed their people by robing others.

He talks about umar but if we look at the way nonmuslims were suppose to be treated under his rule, it is terrible. Treaty or pact of umar is a famous document.

Dear Mughal, he is a Character., The problem could potentially become dangerous if he gets POLITICAL/Military support from present Pakistan's Feudal structure. I hope The people of Pakistan will not go that far, But you never know.

Thanks for this link., I need to send to some people
    http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/pact-umar.html

As for your point about muslims participating in politics. That is a good sign in one sense but bad in other. Good for integration of muslims but bad if they fighting to subtly bring more power to islam. It depends on their intentions. So long as these people do their job for which they are elected I do not think we can complain. The complain is only possible when we catch them pushing islamist agendas.

I do not oppose secular democrat muslims provided they believe in the system. Reform is all about people holding on to their religious beliefs but not letting them interfere in matters concerning state ie so long as they keep their religion to themselves I have no problems with them.

I agree with you there, The political inclusion of Muslim is very important but at the same time STRICT measures must be used to eliminate the system going down the path as ISLAMIC POLITICAL SYSTEM., what do you think about Turkey ??

My problem is with state sponsored OIC which represents 57 muslims states and is hell bent on gagging us by way of UN. I see this move of muslims a very dangerous one indeed. People must wake up and oppose it by all means appropriate or necessary.

regards and all the best.

In my View Problems of Islamic countries are because of  these ROGUES ruling the so-called 57 Muslim countries.  They must be opposed at UN tooth and nail for freedom of speech and freedom to criticize any religion and  stupidity in it..

thank you
    yeezevee

Reply #87 - February 27, 2010, 03:50 AM

As most of the world knows by now that there are various problems between muslim world and the nonmuslim world.

The primary problem in my view is islamization and that is very dangerous. One may ask, why? It is because islam is such a religion that opposes freedom, secularism, democracy, human rights and separation between religion and state but these are absolutely necessary conditions that are required if humanity is to live in peace and harmony to cooperate for progress and prosperity of humanity. In fact we need to improve on freedom, secularism, democracy, human rights and separation between religion and state rather than lose what we have.

It is not possible for humanity to compromise on these fundamentally important things or peace, progress and prosperity will be very difficult if not altogether impossible. The only way forward as I see it is reformation of islam and muslims otherwise clashes between muslim world and nonmuslim world cannot be got rid of. This is why the question, is it possible to reform islam or muslims? If yes, how?

This calls for understanding of islam and muslims as well as nonmuslims by all involved ie muslims and nonmuslims alike. Unless we learn things to some degree that is sufficient to answer the question, we cannot be clear as to what is needed and why or how it could be brought about. Many people see islam like other religions not realising that other religions have been through reformation ie the majority belonging to those religions no longer takes them as they used to but islam is still in its original form as it is understood or taken by a huge majority of muslims anywhere and everywhere. Almost all muslim countries have their state constitutions firmly based on islam and allow only a very limited freedom for secular matters instead of having secular constitutions with limited freedom for matters relating religion. This is why in muslim countries nonmuslims do not and cannot have equal rights as citizens and cannot become political state or government heads ie presidents or prime ministers. They are not allowed to preach in muslim countries as muslims are in secular nonmuslim countries that treat all religions and their followers equal. Nonmuslims in muslim countries are forced to leave or are directly or indirectly forced to convert to islam or live in terrible conditions with very limited opportunities and means that muslims avail them. Any muslim that leaves islam faces death either by way of law or by way of murder by fellow muslims in the street. Nonmuslims are persecuted in muslim countries in various ways and many of them are prosecuted for blasphemy. Thus as nonmuslim population decreases in muslim states, the muslim population increases in nonmuslim countries and becomes a bigger and bigger problem day by day. In fact a lot of muslim people leave muslim countries as asylum seeker because they are haunted out of their countries for questioning the setup in their states. The solution is not to give them asylum out of their states but to help them back into their countries by forcing their countries to respect their human rights as equal citizens. All sensible people should be prepare to go to war over these important principles.   

These matters are very serious showing reasons why islam and muslim must change and soon, if possible through persuasion, if not by force before it is too late and we end up with much more pain, suffering, death and destruction. The more we avoid the issue the more serious the consequences we will face as time goes by.

General public and the political leadership must do all it can to bring pressure to bear on muslims to make long awaited changes and without delay so that we could avoid very damaging consequences that may not be that easily controlable or repairable.

So should islam and muslims reform is no longer the question rather the question now is, how? What islam, muslims and nonmuslims must do so that we all have peace between us for living in harmony to cooperate for progress and prosperity of all involved?

In my view, we all must accept the five pillars of coexistence for humanity as a minimum starting point ie freedom, secularism, democracy, human right and separation between religion and state. Anyone who does not accept these must be persuaded by all means appropriate or necessary without any fear of consequences. Without this approach the world will not have peace to tackle other serious problems facing humanity.

Some people make the mistake of telling us that islam and christianity are the same. Yes there are similarities but there are major difference as well and that is why we have two different religions and people. So islam and christianity are not the same and nor are muslims and christians. The freedom, the secularism, the democracy we have was brought about by christians in the street and if these things were not seen by them good they would not have brought them about. They know full well that if these things disappear today the infighting between christians will also return and will be worse than ever before.

Muslims were always against these things ie freedom, secularism and democracy and they are still against them even today. This is major difference between the two religions and their people.

The us constitution is very clear that it was written by people who believed in god. The separation between religion and state was not forced by atheists etc but by infighting of christians. When they got fed up they came together and found peace by agreeing that they should keep their religious beliefs to themselves thus came the idea that religion should not be part of state affairs. This is why they agreed on freedom of religion but not on freedom from religion, that was just the consequence or byproduct of what they agreed on. This is very important point to realise. Had this not been the case there would have been no reason for the phrase, in god we trust. The US constitution is based on secular democracy but allows religious freedoms to a limited degree unlike muslim state constitutions that are based on islam and one cannot bring in any laws that contradict the quran and the hadith.

Muslims also have been fighting each other for a long time eg shia and sunni or wahabies etc etc but have not drawn any constitution that may be based on secular democracy save turkey when it was in trouble and drastic measure was taken by attaturk and his supporters. For last so many decades no other muslim state followed the turkish example, which shows that was just one off things and just came about by far sightedness of the creator of secular democratic turkey. Islamization is still trying to over come the constitutional barrier to turn turkey into another islamic state. Things are still happening in turkey the islamic way.

Some people think it is human nature to be like muslims, I disagree. The problem is not our human nature because if it was, we will not be where we are today. Islam is a tool and muslims are its inventors, modifiers and users just like christianity and christians. Tools are effective that is why we invent or modify them and use them. Humanity has been interacting in the natural environment for many many years. People have been influencing each other always and this will continue for ever. However some influences have been beneficial, others not so beneficial and yet others have been very damaging.

It is always good idea to support beneficial influences and oppose the damaging influences. We are in no doubt that freedom, secularism, democracy, human rights, separation between religion and state are beneficial for humanity because they help people to tolerate each other for coexistence and harmony that is essential for peace, which in turn is absolutely necessary for human progress that helps humanity towards prosperity.

The very idea that if we leave some one else alone then that someone else will leave us alone is not true. Why? Because we humans have never been 100% independent of each other. Since we are interdependent, if one side does not influence the out come of the situation then the other side always does. It is a tug of war or sea-saw effect or situation.

Muslims are bound by allah's commandment of jihad that is why they went on spree of world conquest and that is why there are thousands of missionary or propagation centres to take the message of islam to all corners of the world. It is a situation like the saying, if mountain does not come to muhammad then muhammad must go to the mountain. So no matter what it is not possible to avoid dealing with islam and muslims so better we deal with them now the way it benefits us all at our terms or regret the situation when it is no longer in our control and we are no longer in a position to have the matter settled at our terms. The simple fact is you cannot reason things with unreasonable people till you have the power to bring them round the table.

As for culture and interaction or influences, let us suppose we are all pushing a huge solid ball from all sides, in which direction it is going to move? The answer, in the direction the resultant force takes it. Now let us suppose that the while others are pushing hard from their side, we just let them do that what will happen? The ball will move in the direction set by those who are pushing it. So if we wish to move the world in a particular direction then we must have influence and use it to get it there. If the word is any good today it is because it has been influenced by good people of the past, so it is time we did our share for the future of our generations.

Since islam is a total control system wherein children are given fully under control of their fathers as their property. A father is free even to kill his children there is no legal QISAS=equity against father. However if a father kills his child for reasons other than allowed by allah then he has committed a major sin against allah so it will be up to allah to let go or throw him in hell.

Just as children are given under full control of fathers so wives are given under full control of their husband as their property. A husband may treat his wife as he likes and there is not much a wife can do against her husband legally except take him to court for divorce but if he treats her bad for reasons other than allowed by allah then he has committed a major sin against allah.

A slave is given under full control of his master and the master is free to treat him as he likes because he is master's property. Again a master is not to do to his slave anything that allah forbids him but if he does then he is a sinner against allah. A master is free to kill his slave with legal impunity just like the husband is free to beat up his wife. All a skave can do his get the master to free him provided he has price to pay to his master for his freedom.

Like wise people are given by allah under the full control of the muslim ruler of an islamic state. The ruler is free to do to his people as he sees fit but if he treats them bad for reasons other than allowed by islam then he is committing sin against allah.

Since a social control system is self evident in the quran and the quran is the first thing muslims teach their children it is therefore obvious that in islamic world muslim political leaders are free to exploit fellow muslims in the name of religion and they do not have to be mullahs=muslim religious scholars of islam. Word imaam=leader and people in mosques and religious schools are called imaams because they are leaders of their communities in sense of religious knowledge. Since imams with knowledge of islam are always under control of powerful tribal leaders who themselves come from powerful tribes therefore the real political power does not rest with religious leaders but tribal leaders. It is the tribal leaders who appoint political leaders as well as mullahs in their local and central mosques and areas. This is why people with power and money build more and more religious institutions rather than educational ones because they produce people that would continue things in favour of those who lead them.

This should now make a lot of sense as to how political and religious elements are woven in the islamic political structure and who really pulls strings behind the scenes ie how the whole islamic thing is set up. The army in muslim countries also comes from various tribes. The generals and other top ranking officers come from well off families in the tribes and the rest of soldiers come from less well off and poor families in the tribes. This is why the wars in iraq and afganistan are difficult to win because tribal leaders in there pull different strings as it suits them at different times in different situations.

This explanation should help people know why or how muslims defend islam and why or how islam defends muslims. If we want to bring any change in muslim countries then we must find a way of breaking through this set up to get islam and muslims. This means tackling islam and all sections of its followers at the same time because islam and islamic ummah are like a balloon. If you push your finger in one place it expands at other places. To burst this balloon of islam and its ummah we must work hard to find the way and soon. Failing that will only speed up success of islam and failure of the rest of the world. This is why nonmuslim world must learn to work together or they will not be there to count the cost of their failure.

One must remember that we are dealing here with religion ie islam, its followers in form of tribal leaders, political leaders, religious leaders, army leaders and the muslim masses etc etc. We need to get our hands on at least four heads of this devil ie army leaders, tribal leaders, political leaders and religious leaders to bring situation under control or to change things. This is very difficult indeed in my view because muslims have sympathizers to support them eg like china. So it is really a very tricky situation that was made worse by our political leaders' stupidity. They waged two wars on muslims without much fore thought and even after thought. They have caused a very serious set back that will take time to over come.

I think the behaviour of oic is easily explainable looking at it within explained framework. Because almost all muslims states are mainly tribal so they have tribal mindset and tribalism is their power base. This being the case they would ensure islam is secure because if islam is secure as their political, social, cultural and  economic structure, system and practice, their leadership is secure. Since islam provides security of their power so they in return they try to protect islam. This may also explain the reason for the  spreading of islam because wherever it goes it provides the top elite of the place with sure security at the expense of the rest. Even in secular democratic world muslim vote is a block vote when it comes to saving islam or spreading islam. Muslims are building mosques upon mosques for what and why should saudis and iranians should provide funds? It is time nonmuslims recognized this danger and serious threat and took effective steps to counter it. Leadership is not going to fight it because it suits them so it is for people in the street to take actions appropriate or necessary. We must always remember that secular democracy was brought about by people in the streets when they got fed up with exploitation of powerful elite. It was result of fight against authoritarianism and power of state against the individual. Individual freedom may have won small battles but the war is still on going so we must not lower our guard or lay down our fighting gear as yet.

I am a student of quran and islam and not an exmuslim.
     Reply #88 - March 06, 2010, 01:21 PM

Let's make our own reformed version of Islam.

Haven't the "vast majority of moderate Muslims" living in the west already done this? Aren't they already practicing "reformed" Islam every moment they do NOT

> crash a plane into a building

> call for the full implimentation of sharia on the whole world

> eulogise jihadis

> carry placards calling for those who "insult" Islam or its prophet to be killed

> beat their wives

> muder their daughters

etc etc

Isn't it therefore simply a case of the "vast majority of moderate Muslims" convincing the "small number" of "Islamists" of the merits and Koranic jusifiability of this "reformed Islam"? Why isn't this happening?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #89 - March 09, 2010, 02:34 PM

The truth is "reform" of Islam in the sense this post's author means would require convincing Muslims that the troublesome passages of the Koran are interpolations which were not in the original version "handed down" to Muhammad and should therefore be excised. How likely is that? Aside from this, the best that could be hoped for is that enough Muslims, through self-delusion or wilful disobedience, disregard enough of what their "holy book" demands of them that Islam's threat to the rest of us is rendered INDEFINITELY negligable. History and the current situation does not provide much to hope for on this score.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »