Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]

(Read 112736 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]
     Reply #60 - February 18, 2010, 11:29 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #61 - February 18, 2010, 11:30 AM

I liked Zaephon very much and miss him.

Sometimes it didn't seem like that.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=3554.msg90989#msg90989

Is Zaephon - the self proclaimed Zionist Crusader - still here too? I don't understand why FFI and jihadchat aren't enough for these guys? Why do they have to bring their hatred of Muslims here too? Can't we have a forum that is free of these haters?

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #62 - February 18, 2010, 11:32 AM

lol did you actually dig out a post from 2008?

You are one obsessive little girl. I like that. It makes me hot. Call me.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #63 - February 18, 2010, 11:32 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #64 - February 18, 2010, 11:34 AM

lol did you actually dig out a post from 2008?

You are one obsessive little girl. I like that. It makes me hot. Call me.

She already besotted with Zaephon, you'll have to wait you're turn..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #65 - February 18, 2010, 11:36 AM

I herd those who are really, really obsessive and are women generally have a dry clitoris. It's the Dry Clit Syndrome.
     Reply #66 - February 18, 2010, 11:44 AM

It is those who demand what they don't give - who take and don't give to the society that hosts them - those who wish to remain apart and separate yet want all it's benefits that really piss me off!

Sure! However sometimes they actually do get away with it. Hence I tend to allocate more blame towards the policymakers in the UK who came up with the idea that "In order to treat people equally we must treat them differently" and towards public intellectuals who scream "bigotry", "cultural imperialism" and "neo-colonialism" almost by default.
     Reply #67 - February 18, 2010, 11:44 AM

I herd those who are really, really obsessive and are women generally have a dry clitoris. It's the Dry Clit Syndrome.

Wtf is wrong with you.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #68 - February 18, 2010, 11:45 AM

It was a bad joke?
     Reply #69 - February 18, 2010, 11:46 AM

Sure! However sometimes they actually do get away with it. Hence I tend to allocate more blame towards the policymakers in the UK who came up with the idea that "In order to treat people equally we must treat them differently" and towards public intellectuals who scream "bigotry", "cultural imperialism" and "neo-colonialism" almost by default.

That's true. The Muslim community in the west are like little children. They will keep running around and crying like a baby and writing on the wall. Sure for the first few terror attacks and religious murders it's kinda cute, but after a while you need to set boundaries and be firm with them.

Reply #70 - February 18, 2010, 11:49 AM

Iblis, it comes down to the fact that Muslims think Islam is prefect, so if Muslims follow Islam they are as seen as perfect. Until Muslims realize Islam is not perfect, they will constantly whine about everything. Muslims assume because Islam is perfect then it should be for everyone why wouldn't anyone follow Islam when it is so perfect? Why are these kafirs trying to oppress us etc..

I used to think education would help, until I realized most extremist Muslims are well educated.
     Reply #71 - February 18, 2010, 11:57 AM

The Muslim community in the west are like little children...

These symptoms aren't just confined to the Muslim community of only the West.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #72 - February 18, 2010, 12:04 PM

My problem with FFI has always been that it attracts some extreme anti-Muslim haters and that this can be linked to Ali's own remarks such as "a good Muslim is not a good human being" - just what some bigots are waiting to hear so they can dehumanize Muslims and justify their hatred and acts of violence against ordinary Muslims - who are of course our families.

I support Sina for his views against islam but I dont agree with the statement that he made here.Generalizing is wrong in this case but that  doesnt mean that all the muslims are good people. Saying they are  completely faultless is not correct.

Quote from: Hassan
    FFI has always been quite happy to allow the most disgusting displays of bigotry and extreme statements - in the past I have seen calls for Muslims to be rounded up and placed in 're-education' camps while their Sheikhs and Imams made to "disappear". Just now took a quick look at the forum and can still see comments to Muslims like "Are you a raghead or a diaper-head?".

Those comments like raghead or diaper head  are not so serious to ponder upon.. I dont think thats hate speech .  A person generally does it out of frustration but that doesnt mean that he hates muslims to the core. Even muslims make such comments sometimes but that doesnt mean that they are hating us.Also dismiss the camp thing but muslims need to be educated about their religion  because what I see is that most muslims believe that they dont need anything extra other than the quran. They think quran gives them every single thing. This claim is not true. .

I am not on a mission to destroy Islam and I don't think many here are. We are just people who don't believe in Islam and want to express ourselves. While I would of course wish mankind could grow out of religious myths, it is not my life's ambition to try and force this.FFI on the other hand is on a mission to eradicate Islam and clearly attracts many who would go to unthinkable lengths to achieve that.

Islam should be eliminated. WE cannot let islam live or else it will kill us.An ideology that calls for killing me if I dont believe cannot be loved.  You simply cant expect people to not to go against islam. This kind of thinking may attract some extremist elements who may make foul comments but this problem is not so dangerous if compared with letting islam live because it would cause nothing but doom and destruction.
     Reply #73 - February 18, 2010, 12:10 PM

These symptoms aren't just confined to the Muslim community of only the West.

Musulmans are in their element back in the old country. But in the west the a sort of parent-child dynamic develops between a culturally/intellectually immature muslim community and their advanced yet soft/insecure western host society.

Reply #74 - February 18, 2010, 12:12 PM

Hmmm? You know what? I'm thinking I should invite all Muslim members of FFI (there's currently 7 of them) to leave FFI and come here instead.

I don't want to disappoint you, but I am almost sure that they won't enjoy it here. It is too lukewarm here for their taste Smiley

People here are as biased against Islam as FFIers, but there's a very important advantage of this place.

1- People here are polite... except for about ~ 15 FFI members, many FFIers are rabid dogs who can't help but bark, bark and then bark some more....

That adds to the variety and thrill of being on a forum. Danger has its own magnetism.

2- This place has zero Christian missionaries... FFI is lately swarming with nauseatingly hypocritical Christian missionaries.. .fortunately, those aren't welcome here.

FFI has always had its share of Christian missionaries, but I haven't seen any of them succeeding in converting anyone to Christianity. There have always been people like Sten and myself who have effectively put spanners in their works. The Christians (like MBL) who could have lured people into their fold have never shown any inclination to do so.

That's it... I'm off to steal Muslim members of FFI and make them members here.. FFIers shall be deprived of all the fun they're having with Muslims... Let CEMBers have all the fun!

Ha ha ha...LOL. There can never be any dearth of Muslims at FFI; one billion plus of them and each of them thinking that he/she has the whole unwarnished truth with them in the form of Quran. FFI is too irresistible for them Cheesy

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #75 - February 18, 2010, 12:18 PM

Woah... that's a blast from the past - yes I was pretty angry on that thread. I have calmed down a bit since then and I also warmed to Zaephon since then.

I find you a little scary, Rashna.
     Reply #76 - February 18, 2010, 12:19 PM

And this is the fundamental difference between FFI and CoEM forums.

FFI's only interest in ex-Muslims is to use them as a blunt instrument to bash Islam with. That is why they attract so many Christian fundamentalists, racists, necons and every other flavour of bigot who hates Muslims and Islam rather than genuine ex-Muslims. (After all what sort of an ex-Muslim wants to be used by bigoted groups to add to the irrational hatred directed towards their own families?)

I dont think the above statement is true. Islam should be bashed and destroyed just as  Nazism was destroyed.Now I do agree that in the process some hateful people take advantage of this but that doesnt mean we shouldnt be criticizing islam. What do you think is more dangerous  from the below:

1) Letting islam live causing destruction and doom across the globe.

2) Letting some bigots throw hatred for islam and muslims on internet?

What is the greater evil? I suppose its the  no 1 point.

CoEM has more to it than simply airing our criticisms of Islam - it is about trying to offer support, and understanding and a place to just finally meet others who have gone through - or are going through what they are and get some help and advice. That stuff that FFI so arrogantly dismisses as "chit-chat" is a very important part of helping each other overcome the baggage Islam has left us with.

The main thing is islam and not comforting chit chat because chit  chat really wont help people come out of this dangerous cult. Chit chat is a supporting tool but not the main tool that can solve the problem that world faces because of islam .TO dismantle a muslim's faith you need to attack islam logically and thats why I say that this forum isnt doing what it should be doing.

But it's OK - I know FFI (the "Grassroots Ex-Muslim Movement!"  Cheesy ) actually doesn't care about the issues real Ex-Muslims face. FFI's only interest in Ex-Muslims is to use them to further whatever agenda they have (depending on the particular FFI member that will range from a right-wing conservative Christian agenda to just outright racism and bigotry towards 'ragheads')

The aim with which FFI Was started was destruction of islam. Now every system has disadvantages . You pointed out just one but as I said to eliminate the greater evil we do face these problems but again not all the posters behave that way.
     Reply #77 - February 18, 2010, 12:21 PM

Destruction of Islam?

You lot are as delusional as the fucktards who dream of the Khilafa being reestablished. Take a pill SNB.

Reply #78 - February 18, 2010, 12:26 PM

My problem with FFI has always been that it attracts some extreme anti-Muslim haters and that this can be linked to Ali's own remarks such as "a good Muslim is not a good human being" - just what some bigots are waiting to hear so they can dehumanize Muslims and justify their hatred and acts of violence against ordinary Muslims - who are of course our families.

There is some truth in your statement undoubtedly. However, I can't much disagree with his statement. In my view, a good Muslim is one who is ready to follow all the hateful teachings of the Quran and Ahadith; I think Ali thinks the same too. Do you think that a Muslim who genuinely befriends an infidel is a good Muslim? I would say that he is a good human being, but not a good Muslim.

But of course, I do understand your sentiments. I would have thought the same if I were an ex Muslim with Muslim family.

FFI has always been quite happy to allow the most disgusting displays of bigotry and extreme statements - in the past I have seen calls for Muslims to be rounded up and placed in 're-education' camps while their Sheikhs and Imams made to "disappear". Just now took a quick look at the forum and can still see comments to Muslims like "Are you a raghead or a diaper-head?".

FFI is not a strictly moderated forum. Did you see Muslims' comments like "We will kick you to the oceans" or something like that? Did you see Muslims' comments like "we enjoy your women and you can't do anything about that"?

FFI allows that sort of comments too; it is probably one of the most free forums.

I am not on a mission to destroy Islam and I don't think many here are. We are just people who don't believe in Islam and want to express ourselves. While I would of course wish mankind could grow out of religious myths, it is not my life's ambition to try and force this.

And I respect your stand. But many people do have that kind of mission, and for good enough reason. Probably you would be among the first people who would be beheaded if Islam dominates the world in future. People like myself could get away by paying jiziya and accepting humiliation.

FFI on the other hand is on a mission to eradicate Islam and clearly attracts many who would go to unthinkable lengths to achieve that.

True. And I take the same stand.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #79 - February 18, 2010, 12:26 PM

Musulmans are in their element back in the old country. But in the west the a sort of parent-child dynamic develops between a culturally/intellectually immature muslim community and their advanced yet soft/insecure western host society.

+ 1  Afro

I find you a little scary, Rashna.

Why? Whom have I bombed? When have I supported a forced deportation campaign or compulsory re education of Muslims to turn them into murtads or similar measures against Muslims?

Reply #80 - February 18, 2010, 12:28 PM

Why? Whom have I bombed? When have I supported a forced deportation campaign or compulsory re education of Muslims to turn them into murtads or similar measures against Muslims?

He's obviously referring to your ability to pinpoint and dig out a post of his from mid 2008.

Reply #81 - February 18, 2010, 12:30 PM

SkyN...

Oh forget it, I can't be bothered!
     Reply #82 - February 18, 2010, 12:36 PM

SkyN...

Oh forget it, I can't be bothered!

I don't think these people actually ever step back and read their own posts and see how ridiculous they sound.

Reply #83 - February 18, 2010, 12:36 PM

I can understand & emphathise where you are coming from.

However I would like to politely disagree, without wishing to get into a debate who is right & who is wrong.  To some extent I think we are both right. However you are wrong about this being a exclusive sanctuary for exmuslims - we have apostates from all faiths here, and unlike FFI atm we dont have a single hardline theist posting here at all.

Disagreements are what make the time we spent on the net enjoyable and worthwhile. I don't think I claimed that CEMB was an "exclusive" sanctuary for ex muslims. I am sorry if my post conveyed that idea. I just meant that generally.

I have managed to resist the urge to debate this which I think is at the crux of our differences

Oh, debate that all you want. Neither I am going to be offended by strong disagreement nor should you.

Rashna would probably agree with your post, and despite being constantly ridiculed, still posts here.

I do respect Rashna; she is a good poster. Ridiculing one is easy, but that is neither here nor there.

However as a long term strategy, the results can only show which was more successful.  Althought I do think Debunkers post, as an objective outsider who's been on both forums, proves my point and is indicative of what future attitudes towards FFI will be as a whole.

Debunker has been seen to run away from serious debates at FFI. Of course he claimed that he did not deign to respond to certain type of people. I think KhaliL was one of them, though I can't remember it for sure; I might be mistaken. He has chosen not to respond to Sten even though he respects him. Please accept that truly objective people probably do not exist; each of us has some kind of vested interest in whatever we say or do.

However I would like to make a small request, and kindly ask you to join in the fun along with your other like-minded fellows like Khalil and Ixolite.

Each of us, including KhaliL and Ixolite, have been called bigots many a times by others.

Reply #84 - February 18, 2010, 12:38 PM

True. And I take the same stand.

But I'm quite sure you have principles you would stick by, Charles? A limit to what you would condone to achieve your goals?

I mean you wouldn't agree to rounding up Muslims and placing them in "Re-Education" Camps and making the Sheikhs and Imams "disappear" - for example (as one FFI member said.)
     Reply #85 - February 18, 2010, 12:43 PM

Hey Rashna baby. You need to relax and find a nice boy or something. Holla at me gurl krazyd00d@hotmale.com
     Cool

Not that it matter, but that post of yours brings down your respect in my eyes a notch. Could you not find anything worthwhile to say in response to her post? Is this the way she is ridiculed here?

Reply #86 - February 18, 2010, 12:45 PM

I cant speak on behalf of everyone, but I'll do so anyway Wink

I think the difference lies in these phrases:

Muslims should be forced to adopt atheism at gunpoint
    Muslims are ignorant & chauvenistic

I have observed statements like the first 2 going commonly unchallenged at FFI - at COEM we would prefer to say this

Islam is ignorant & chauvenistic

I dont think the first statement is true at all. I personally never saw people forcing muslims to accept atheism but I could be wrong as I normally dont post in sections concerning other than islam . I discuss rarely about atheism..Atheism related discussions come forward  when muslims tell us that atheists deserve the wrath of GOd or they are the people with no morals or atheists are illogical . Its that time that we really get into them.

The second statement  "Muslims are ignorant & chauvenistic" that you made concerning muslims upto some extent is correct. Some muslims do feel that they have everything in this world and that they are superior to kafirs .This is where I oppose CEMB members because I think they fail to blame the muslims for what they deserve. I never ever said that muslims should be blamed unnecessarily. I would say blame muslims or anyone only if they deserve the blame . CEMB members believe in the third statement you made I guess concerning islam but again I see a tendency of not blaming muslims at all for what they do .Ofcourse not all the muslims can be blamed but some are  indeed chauvinist and  they deserve the blame.So I would say blame the muslims if they really deserve the blame and dont protect them in such cases.

Quote from: Islame
    Particularly if your aim is to encourage muslims to see your arguments against.  This might be because Sina's drive is to educate and turn the world against Islam, whereas we hope to drive change from within i.e. expose Islam for what it is to common Muslims.  I suppose a bit of both will accelerate change.

I agree that both approaches are required but I would again say that attack against islam should be more in proportion because sweet talks cannot shake the faith of a muslim. Faith of a muslim can be destroyed only through logical arguments against islam.Sweet talks are just like an accessory.

I agree that would be best way, but you will not have an active forum like this one here if its one-dimensional.  Nor would other muslims be interested in taking a peek either.  All in all its the best strategy, and only strategy.  There is no single direction or strategy, incest can even be discussed here - the posters govern the direction here, and thats what has happened, rightly or wrongly, we are all to blame..

If muslims are repellant towards criticism of islam then I dont think little or more criticism of islam  would make any significant difference. IF chit chat is what muslims are interested in more why would they come to this forum? They would go somewhere else. The major attraction towards this forum would be knowing why people left Islam which means they would be more interested in knowing more as to what  about islam  turned off you guys against islam .Also consider this way. What major contribution towards mankind would CEMB make if chit chatting is given more priority?  

I've dont remember anyone personally bad mouthing anyone other than Sina, so please go on.. popcorn

Different people have different opinions. Hassan and many others wont agree with you. Anyway to you your opinion and to them theirs.

Yes, please tell me what your thoughts are also, particularly on FFI, this forum, where you think improvements can be made here & over at FFI, if you think the forum part is busier or not etc
    He prob wont know me, but tell him to come & join the fun Wink

Yes I will surely what I feel must be improved with the both the forums.I dont think either of the forum is perfect or USWA HASANA  Cheesy
     Reply #87 - February 18, 2010, 12:46 PM

Relax, you have a lot of pent up frustration that you need to channel - you might want to speak to Iblis about that, I hear he has a magic cure.

Not nice at all. I truly didn't expect that from you; not that I have any rights to object.

Anyhow I was just wondering why they dont see anything wrong with the "Muslims are ignorant & chauvenistic" and thought it might be down to lack of exposure..

I fail to see anything wrong with that statement. Do you have anything other than "my father/brother/uncle/friend is not an ignoramus and chauvinistic"?

Reply #88 - February 18, 2010, 12:47 PM

I don't think these people actually ever step back and read their own posts and see how ridiculous they sound.

Please show mistakes in my post .Its only then I would believe in you. All i said is that people cannot let islam live . If we let it live we would be no more.
     Reply #89 - February 18, 2010, 12:49 PM

Not that it matter, but that post of yours brings down your respect in my eyes a notch. Could you not find anything worthwhile to say in response to her post? Is this the way she is ridiculed here?

Me and Rashna have a history. I pretend to be mean to her but I really like her and want to have a nice cup of coffee with her.

• Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »