Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]

(Read 112338 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 16 17 1819 20 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]
     Reply #510 - February 25, 2010, 02:18 PM

I already answered this in my previous post.

Did you?  I couldnt see the part where you answered the question, i.e do you think the majority or minority celebrated 9/11?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #511 - February 25, 2010, 03:43 PM

Hitler was a vegetarian; he liked animals was an excellent orator and could paint half-decent aquarelles. Imagine somebody with a tunnel vision who only sees these four things and is oblivious to everything else.
    Just my two cents.

That fact he was a vegetarian is just more reason to hate the guy for me.

Anyhow, I think I can resolve this debate-- FFI sucks, COEM is awesome. That is all. I've decided the issue. No more debate necessary.

fuck you
     Reply #512 - February 25, 2010, 04:24 PM

Did you?  I couldnt see the part where you answered the question, i.e do you think the majority or minority celebrated 9/11?

Yes, I did. I did say that the visible face of the ummah was seen to be celebrating. Did we see any groups of Muslims shedding tears for the lives that were lost?

I also said that nobody bothers about what a Muslim in some remote location does. The visible face of the ummah IS ugly, Islame. If you wish you can blame it on media.

Just think of the interface between Muslims and non Muslims. Think of how the Muslims come across, and it will be easy to see why they are being despised more and more.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #513 - February 25, 2010, 04:28 PM

Did we see any groups of Muslims shedding tears for the lives that were lost?

Er...yes. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #514 - February 25, 2010, 04:29 PM

That fact he was a vegetarian is just more reason to hate the guy for me.

Anyhow, I think I can resolve this debate-- FFI sucks, COEM is awesome. That is all. I've decided the issue. No more debate necessary.

Cheesy ARe you the new prophet?
     Reply #515 - February 25, 2010, 04:33 PM

Er...yes. 

Yep. I remember it well, but only because I don't rely on the mainstream corporate media for all of my information

http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/response.htm#Expressions%20of%20grief%20and%20sympathy%20in%20the%20Arab%20and%20Muslim%20world:

fuck you
     Reply #516 - February 25, 2010, 04:35 PM

Cheesy ARe you the new prophet?

Yeah, sure. Except I won't have as many stupid rules and superstitions. I'll be fine with mass veneration and strict obedience to my will.

fuck you
     Reply #517 - February 25, 2010, 04:39 PM

One thing is sure that  I never heard any kafir rejoicing or celebrating when some disaster takes place and kills a lot of muslims . Its really disgusting. There is no excuse for it and to expect that non muslims would not hate muslims for it is even more stupid.Muslims have caused a lot of destruction and as a result have earned a bad name on account of it so it doesnt really make sense to blame the non muslims for  their thought about muslims.
     Reply #518 - February 25, 2010, 04:40 PM

Yes, I did. I did say that the visible face of the ummah was seen to be celebrating. Did we see any groups of Muslims shedding tears for the lives that were lost?

But that is not answering the question, is there a reason you are avoiding it?  You're attitude is not that dissimilar from a muslim when he has been cornered on the Quran.

I'll ask you a third time, its a simple yes/no answer.

Do you think the majority of muslims celebrated 9/11?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #519 - February 25, 2010, 04:41 PM

Yep. I remember it well, but only because I don't rely on the mainstream corporate media for all of my information

http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/response.htm#Expressions%20of%20grief%20and%20sympathy%20in%20the%20Arab%20and%20Muslim%20world:

Can I just say:

Closer examination has revealed that that celebration was in fact a very limited phenomenon, limited to a few Palestinian villages

And a flat on a council estate in london.

Although there were no images of the party I had to attend, nor were there images of the sheer joy many regular muslims expressed to me after it happened, it was not just a few villages in palestine.

The only person who verbally condemned it to other muslims, in my community, were myself, and my ex sister in law. I think maybe my dad was a bit thrown by it, but he said we couldn't judge the muslims who did it, as they were our muslim family.  For everyone else around me it was a joyous occasion.  I realise of course that my tiny little corner of the world hardly counts for much, but for some reason I think deep down it was a win for islam, to a lot of muslims aswell.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #520 - February 25, 2010, 04:45 PM

There are muslims who are ignorant of what Muhhamad really did and consider him as a USWA HASANA just because they were told so.They are excluded from the blame.

Right you are.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #521 - February 25, 2010, 04:48 PM

One thing is sure that  I never heard any kafir rejoicing or celebrating when some disaster takes place and kills a lot of muslims .

That you've never heard it does not mean that it never happened.

Can I just say:

And a flat on a council estate in london.

Although there were no images of the party I had to attend, nor were there images of the sheer joy many regular muslims expressed to me after it happened, it was not just a few villages in palestine.

The only person who verbally condemned it to other muslims, in my community, were myself, and my ex sister in law. I think maybe my dad was a bit thrown by it, but he said we couldn't judge the muslims who did it, as they were our muslim family.  For everyone else around me it was a joyous occasion.  I realise of course that my tiny little corner of the world hardly counts for much, but for some reason I think deep down it was a win for islam, to a lot of muslims aswell.

Maybe so but I was responding specifically to charlesmartel's statement/question:

Did we see any groups of Muslims shedding tears for the lives that were lost?

The answer is clearly "Yes"

fuck you
     Reply #522 - February 25, 2010, 04:50 PM

Maybe so but I was responding specifically to charlesmartel's statement/question:

Well, I was going off on my own tangeant, with my reaction to the details in that link.  Tongue  Carry on.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #523 - February 25, 2010, 04:51 PM

Quote from: Q man
    That you've never heard it does not mean that it never happened.

Onus is then on you to show me that there existed a case where we found non muslims rejoicing on streets when the muslim world was shaken with deaths of plenty of people.This is something that you cannot defend .
     Reply #524 - February 25, 2010, 04:56 PM

I was reliant on the mainstream corporate media at the time, and yet I still saw muslims in Tehran, for example, holding candle lit vigils and carrying placards saying things like "America we feel your pain." 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #525 - February 25, 2010, 05:04 PM

Onus is then on you to show me that there existed a case where we found non muslims rejoicing on streets when the muslim world was shaken with deaths of plenty of people.

No, it's not on me. And "rejoicing on the streets" is shifting the goalposts. You originally said "I never heard any kafir rejoicing or celebrating when some disaster takes place and kills a lot of muslims ." You just added the "on the streets" part. I'll ask you a question-- would you consider it improbable that when a stampede in Mecca makes the news, there isn't a group of rednecks somewhere in a bar in rural Alabama raising their beers and sayin "Hell yeah!" then complaining about the sand-niggers? There are clearly plenty of non-Muslims out there who despise Muslims, and if you think that, of all the billions of non-Muslims on this planet, none of them ever celebrate when Muslims die in disasters, wars, or terrorist attacks, then you are seriously deluded.

fuck you
     Reply #526 - February 25, 2010, 05:06 PM

I was reliant on the mainstream corporate media at the time, and yet I still saw muslims in Tehran, for example, holding candle lit vigils and carrying placards saying things like "America we feel your pain." 

All I know is I didn't see this stuff on the American news stations, but the same clip of the Palestinian kids celebrating was played over and over and over again, for weeks if not months, on all the major network news channels.

fuck you
     Reply #527 - February 25, 2010, 05:13 PM

There were non-muslims that celebrated when the towers fell. And there were muslims as well. You know hating America is a global thing.
     Reply #528 - February 25, 2010, 05:14 PM

Quote from: Qman
    No, it's not on me. And "rejoicing on the streets" is shifting the goalposts. You originally said "I never heard any kafir rejoicing or celebrating when some disaster takes place and kills a lot of muslims ." You just added the "on the streets" part. I'll ask you a question-- would you consider it improbable that when a stampede in Mecca makes the news, there isn't a group of rednecks somewhere in a bar in rural Alabama raising their beers and sayin "Hell yeah!" then complaining about the sand-niggers? There are clearly plenty of non-Muslims out there who despise Muslims, and if you think that, of all the billions of non-Muslims on this planet, none of them ever celebrate when Muslims die in disasters, wars, or terrorist attacks, then you are seriously deluded.

You made a claim that non muslims do celebrate the death of muslims and hence burden lies upon you. Btw saying "on the streets" really doesnt change the meaning.Celebration of death of someone is the main issue.I didnt divert from it.Muslim world was caught celebrating the death of americans.

You are debating with ifs and buts. Where are concrete proofs? Even I can make claims like Majority of  muslim population celebrated in private the 9/11 disaster" .Are you going to believe it or can you deny that? These are wild claims. Btw whoever does this has to be condemned for his acts be it a muslim or non muslim and there is simply no excuse for it. Also regarding your question whether some non muslims would rejoice for the  death of muslims is possible or not I would say the answer is Yes but one thing is sure they wont display that publicly and make it a show for the entire world to see.
     Reply #529 - February 25, 2010, 05:15 PM

All I know is I didn't see this stuff on the American news stations, but the same clip of the Palestinian kids celebrating was played over and over and over again, for weeks if not months, on all the major network news channels.

That's sad.  It wasn't an accurate reflection of overall muslim reaction though.

There were non-muslims that celebrated when the towers fell. And there were muslims as well. You know hating America is a global thing.

True, muslims have no monopoly on anti-Americanism.

Reply #530 - February 25, 2010, 05:21 PM

You made a claim that non muslims do celebrate the death of muslims

No, Copernicus, I did not make that claim. I simply said that just because you never heard it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

fuck you
     Reply #531 - February 25, 2010, 05:25 PM

But that is not answering the question, is there a reason you are avoiding it?  You're attitude is not that dissimilar from a muslim when he has been cornered on the Quran.

I'll ask you a third time, its a simple yes/no answer.

Do you think the majority of muslims celebrated 9/11?

You are asking me something which I have no way of knowing. But if you are asking about my opinion, then yes, I do think that most of them felt elated even if they did not make a song and dance about it.

I have lived in an area with plenty of Muslims around, and I saw almost all of them siding with Saddam in the 1991 war simply because it was Amreeka which was leading the fight against Iraq. I have seen them hating Israel and the US even though they had nothing to do with America, Israel, Palestine or Iraq. Did they represent the majority of Muslims? Though I cannot say for sure, it is not unreasonable to assume seeing their strong sense of belonging to the ummah.

Reply #532 - February 25, 2010, 05:26 PM

You are asking me something which I have no way of knowing. But if you are asking about my opinion, then yes, I do think that most of them felt elated even if they did not make a song and dance about it.

I have lived in an area with plenty of Muslims around, and I saw almost all of them siding with Saddam in the 1991 war simply because it was Amreeka which was leading the fight against Iraq. I have seen them hating Israel and the US even though they had nothing to do with America, Israel, Palestine or Iraq. Did they represent the majority of Muslims? Though I cannot say for sure, it is not unreasonable to assume seeing their strong sense of belonging to the ummah.

Cheesy

that's enough proof for me case closed you lived amongst muslims
     Reply #533 - February 25, 2010, 05:42 PM

I stand corrected on the issue of Muslims not lamenting 9/11.

Reply #534 - February 25, 2010, 05:45 PM

So are you asking me to think of a person, who considers Muhammad a role model, as a good person?

Don't you understand that the vast majority of Muslims see Muhammad through their own rose-coloured spectacles. They have a very selective vision of him and have all sorts of interpretations of what he did and said.

Does it not concern you that you are saying that the vast majority of Muslims are not "good human beings" ?

Our brothers, sisters, mothers, cousins, nieces, nephews, grandparents - are all not good human beings!

Do you think I was not a good human being when I was a Muslim, Charles?

What would you think of a person who proudly claims that Hitler is his role model?

I'm not going to go into how wrong that analogy is - but just say I'm not aware of any followers of Hitler who do not hold unacceptable beliefs.

Reply #535 - February 25, 2010, 05:46 PM

Charles you realize most of the people here are ex-muslims. If you find us to be good is it really because we apostatized? That's silly don't you think?
     Reply #536 - February 25, 2010, 05:47 PM

Cheesy

that's enough proof for me case closed you lived amongst muslims

Cheesy

Reply #537 - February 25, 2010, 05:48 PM

I stand corrected on the issue of Muslims not lamenting 9/11.

Fair enough.  

In that case I hope you can understand why we are happy to villify Islam, but not the majority of muslims.

The majority know less about their religion than we do - they tend to only know the good bits that their mum & aunties told them).  

In general though I think the majority of muslims cant make head nor tail of their religion either, and pay lip service to its commands (thats the bit you see on TV alongside the suicide bombers), but act differently IRL.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #538 - February 25, 2010, 05:49 PM

Charles you realize most of the people here are ex-muslims. If you find us to be good is it really because we apostatized? That's silly don't you think?

Huh?  Are you saying we are good because we used to be muslims?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #539 - February 25, 2010, 05:50 PM

Huh?  Are you saying we are good because we used to be muslims?

Erm its rhetorical.
  • Previous page 1 ... 16 17 1819 20 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »