Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]

(Read 112437 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]
     Reply #420 - February 21, 2010, 05:20 PM

The tailor is not a tailor AT ALL Smiley in fact, he is a cook... and a very bad cook Smiley I mean imagine someone using the following ingredients: rice, meat, honey, fish, sugar, salt, olive oil, butter, bananas, chicken, pasta, mustard, ketchup, mionaise, peppers, mangos, shrimp, etc ALL to make ONE dish... it's inedible...

You do realize though that ingredients he uses are in fact real and not imaginary?
     Reply #421 - February 21, 2010, 05:54 PM

and who said fish, meat, chicken, etc are imaginary?

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #422 - February 21, 2010, 06:09 PM

If I were to answer the question, then I would say certainly not.  I would only recommend Sina's articles to already exmuslims, never to a muslim.  Instead I would choose Hassans videos as the perfert replacement Wink

If you dont believe me, as any muslim what they found more persuasive, Hassans videos or Sina's anonymous one-sided rants.

Nope, never have and never would.

Hmmm...So we differ on relative importance of messenger or message too. I tend to focus on the message, and not the messenger.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #423 - February 21, 2010, 06:28 PM

Cheesy What do you mean we both believe Islam is a toxin?! Why am I a Muslim then?

Anyway, if I see someone eating something poisonous, I would NOT scream in their face and tell them: "Hey, idiot! You moron! Drop that food, you fucktard, it's fucking poisonous!"

I didnt mean you . By saying "We" I meant Hassan and I .  Cheesy. if you know something is poisonous  would you still not oppose(if not scream) if your own folk are trying to eat it?  I guess anyone would. Btw I dont think you can remain a muslim for long. You have taken the first step towards apostasy by rejecting the hadiths.
     Reply #424 - February 21, 2010, 06:28 PM

and who said fish, meat, chicken, etc are imaginary?

Lol! Good one!

Before I give you an answer could you please explain a bit further what exactly you mean by that?

Should I take your answer literally?
     Reply #425 - February 21, 2010, 06:38 PM

Btw I dont think you can remain a muslim for long. You have taken the first step towards apostasy by rejecting the hadiths.

Debunker has already taken even the last step towards apostasy, and then retraced his steps back to Islam. He is a tough nut Smiley

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #426 - February 21, 2010, 06:40 PM

I didnt mean you . By saying "We" I meant Hassan and I .  Cheesy. if you know something is poisonous  would you still not oppose(if not scream) if your own folk are trying to eat it?  I guess anyone would. Btw I dont think you can remain a muslim for long. You have taken the first step towards apostasy by rejecting the hadiths.

I don't reject Hadiths... I take a Mutazilite approach to Hadith (Mutazilites is a Muslim sect that appeared 1300 years ago and persisted for 200 years until the Sunnis destroyed them).

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #427 - February 21, 2010, 06:42 PM

You are mostly correct, but I don't hate Islam. There are some aspects/interpretations that I could say I hate. But I don't hate it in general - just as I don't hate Christianity or Mormonism etc...

Unlike sky and many on FFI I also don't believe there is one single type of "true" Islam but many people's interpretations. Many of these are very benign and peaceful and I have no problem with them.

As far as islam sponosoring terrorism is concerned I dont think there is a different interpretation. All one has to do is look at Bukhari and Sahih muslim hadiths and biographies of Muhhamad.

Quote from: Hassan
    I am definitely not on a mission to eradicate Islam. I'm not really sure what motivates me to say what I do - I just feel motivated to do so and am not bothered if people leave Islam or not - but would like to see Muslims grow up and mature a bit - because I genuinely do care for them.

It only takes handful of muslims to destroy the entire mankind my friend.We dont need the whole lot of muslims  to be on the path of Muhhamad. Majority of your friends might be convincing themselves about different interpretations and not following the way of Muhhamad but it only takes a handful say 10000  of 1.2 billion to take the meaning of quran and hadiths as Muhhamad taught. See 10000   is approximately   0.001 %  of total muslim population.This no is significant eventhough percentage wise its negligible.That figure is very much  feasible and who knows it could be even more.  DO you think the  terrorism that we see today is because of  evil teachings of islam?  If yes then how can you let people follow islam? How can you be not against islam when its the root cause of destruction of mankind?
     Reply #428 - February 21, 2010, 06:44 PM

Lol! Good one!

Before I give you an answer could you please explain a bit further what exactly you mean by that?

Should I take your answer literally?

What I meant is that he puts irrelevant or incoherent ideas/concepts/teachings togeather which results in a ghastly garment (sorry the Tailor if you you're reading this  grin12)

Reply #429 - February 21, 2010, 06:50 PM

How can you be not against islam when its the root cause of destruction of mankind?

You are talking of logic, but others here talk of emotions. How can he be against Islam when his kith and kin are still Muslims?

Please try to put yourself in his shoes for a moment.

Reply #430 - February 21, 2010, 06:56 PM

What I meant is that he puts irrelevant or incoherent ideas/concepts/teachings togeather which results in a ghastly garment (sorry the Tailor if you you're reading this  grin12)

The question I posted: "You do realize though that ingredients he uses are in fact real and not imaginary?" was actually a trick question - a direct reference to Lacan.
    Do you actually understand what The Tailor is talking about?
     Reply #431 - February 21, 2010, 06:59 PM

I have a grudge against the moderator who split the original thread and named it "FFI vs. COEM".

Whenever I see the title of this thread, I start feeling as if I am representing FFI here. But I am representing none other than myself. The funny thing is that because of the title of this thread, even the personal difference between two persons is assumed to be the difference between the two forums Cheesy

I am a long time member of COEM, and I belong as much to COEM as FFI even if I post here less frequently.

Reply #432 - February 21, 2010, 07:00 PM

You are talking of logic, but others here talk of emotions. How can he be against Islam when his kith and kin are still Muslims?

Please try to put yourself in his shoes for a moment.

May be we should not hurt the sentiment of muslims  by being against islam so the best way is to allow them to attack us and destroy the world. dance
     Reply #433 - February 21, 2010, 07:38 PM

I think this is a great thread  Afro
     Reply #434 - February 21, 2010, 08:01 PM

Hmmm...So we differ on relative importance of messenger or message too. I tend to focus on the message, and not the messenger.

I am the same as you - who said I did it because of the messenger & not the message.  Its the tone in which Ali Sina writes the is the problem, not the person  (although that is another subject)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #435 - February 21, 2010, 08:04 PM

Who is saying it means a great deal.

Reply #436 - February 21, 2010, 08:15 PM

I am the same as you - who said I did it because of the messenger & not the message.  Its the tone in which Ali Sina writes the is the problem, not the person  (although that is another subject)

As long as some truth is being stated, I don't see how the "tone" matters. Bitter truth will remain bitter even if sugar coated.

Reply #437 - February 21, 2010, 08:23 PM

As long as some truth is being stated, I don't see how the "tone" matters. Bitter truth will remain bitter even if sugar coated.

Human beings are emotional as well as rational beings. Don't belittle the power of emotion to open up people's minds.

You can spend all day giving logical and rational reasons - but it will be like water off a ducks back unless the person is listening.

They will listen if you can reach them emotionally as well as logically.

Look at my videos - they mix logic with emotion.
     Reply #438 - February 21, 2010, 08:36 PM

You are missing the factor of cognitive dissonance, we all manage it, whether it be procrastination of our day to day duties or coming to terms with the bitter reality of our limited time here on earth with our loved ones. 

Unless you can manage to get through these barriers that have thus far lasted a lifetime, your words will only going to being repelled like water off a duck's back.  I think our best hope is to be allowed into these barriers and then once inside to try your best to prise them apart.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #439 - February 21, 2010, 09:01 PM

speaking of procrastination, I have a feeling you're more of a shameful procrastinator than myself, right?

Reply #440 - February 21, 2010, 09:08 PM

I am pretty bad, but always just tend to do the minimum and hope to get away with it.. I tend to be quite lucky but sometimes I do get caught out and then deal with myself pretty harshly..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #441 - February 21, 2010, 10:33 PM

The tailor is not a tailor AT ALL Smiley in fact, he is a cook... and a very bad cook Smiley I mean imagine someone using the following ingredients: rice, meat, honey, fish, sugar, salt, olive oil, butter, bananas, chicken, pasta, mustard, ketchup, mionaise, peppers, mangos, shrimp, etc ALL to make ONE dish... it's inedible...

Sorry, I haven't been following the Northern forum in recent weeks. Busy trying to prove that all good footballers wear first length beards ... using higher-order logic.

I didn't realise was FFI was until I was altered to this thread by a friend. I briefly checked their site and I think you guys are still by a great measure my favourite apostates. You've really got something unique and important represented here -- from the Muhammedean Aeon we say: keep banging the rocks together guys!  Afro

I don't want to interrupt, but I must correct Debunker's scandalous misrepresentation of my ingredients!

Generally I make use of the following, each taken from our Hyper-Salafi Tradition (nerds see which Bukhari narrations YOU can spot!):
    * Honey (because it is curative, and the Asselic realm is of course the fourth, most high stream running from the Tree of Life, the realm known as the Emanation)
    * Cave mushrooms (because they are a balm to the eyes)
    * Goat's Milk (of seven goats, transmuting into one by daybreak)
    * Fly's wings (because they carry both the disease and the cure simultaneously)
    * Flat bread, upon my death.
    * A piece of perfect yellow calf, to be born again.
    * Burnt fish liver from what the Jews know as the Leviathan, on entering paradise.
    * When Prophecy drops by for a visit (as he does regularly), a mixture served in gourd shards: he expresses his appreciation, eating from the sides -- and then says "eat with your right hand".

The orphans who cannot digest this meal should stick only to water. But water will be changed to wine, for those who seek it.

Debunker, may you be blessed with the descent of Nigella Lawson, her bounteous curves, her dark eyes, her exquisite lips: may Nigella be your paradise,  a paradise of taste and pleasure unsurpassed and unknown to men. (Chicks and others, substitute Jamie Oliver as you wish, but remember then YOU'LL be doing the cooking in mirror reflection yak yak.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM0MdVZK8TQ&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_L7wU8UEc

Love and Light,

The Tailor

The Divisions of Love, second album by my Cabbalacore band, the Friends of Design, out now:

https://vimeo.com/110528857
     Reply #442 - February 22, 2010, 12:01 AM

Cheesy WE are scared of you?  I and Charleslemartel come here to take all of you at a time . WE wouldnt be coming here if we were scared. ALso Ansar and Ixolite have posted here.

I didn't say you were scared of me. I don't go around trying to be scary so it figures you wouldn't be shitting your pants whenever I post.  Afro

I said you were scared and angry people. This is just how the FFI members in general seem to me. They give me the impression that they are almost foaming at the mouth whenever Islam is mentioned, and that they are basically terrified their world is about to come to an end. In other words their concerns, while understandable, are inflated beyond a reasonable level and are used as an excuse to vent all sorts of weirdness. Perhaps the best analogy is to say that it's like a modern day equivalent of MacCarthyism.

Now obviously this is just my perception and equally obviously it is a generalisation that may not apply to all. It is, however, basically the reason I left FFI ages ago and have never bothered to return. 

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #443 - February 22, 2010, 12:18 AM

Now obviously this is just my perception and equally obviously it is a generalisation that may not apply to all. It is, however, basically the reason I left FFI ages ago and have never bothered to return.  

I read all of the board  and I see so many wonderful fantastic discussions in many of these threads here., I would say friends will be better of spending time here than there(ffi) .. So much to learn here..

Indeed, there is so much to learn from reading different aspects of Islam and a bit foul words.. I indeed am enjoying here.. Moreover Hassan says.  FFI folks  are very cunning using his wonderful videos from here to educate Muslims folk.. That is really cunning .. FFI folks are very bad.,

Thank you osmanthus

with best
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #444 - February 22, 2010, 12:23 AM

Debunker, may you be blessed with the descent of Nigella Lawson, her bounteous curves, her dark eyes, her exquisite lips: may Nigella be your paradise,  a paradise of taste and pleasure unsurpassed and unknown to men.

Mashallah, I think I would convert to Islam if Allah promised me a night to play with her, oh my Allah those bajoongas, surely they are evidence of Jewish perfidy, such curvaciousness could only be a conspiracy against Islam plotted by a volutuous temptress of yahood.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #445 - February 22, 2010, 12:32 AM

@ the tailor,

I understood nothing of what you wrote but in case you were offended I apologize.

Regards.

Reply #446 - February 22, 2010, 01:18 AM

I read all of the board  and I see so many wonderful fantastic discussions in many of these threads here., I would say friends will be better of spending time here than there(ffi) .. So much to learn here..

Indeed, there is so much to learn from reading different aspects of Islam and a bit foul words.. I indeed am enjoying here.. Moreover Hassan says.  FFI folks  are very cunning using his wonderful videos from here to educate Muslims folk.. That is really cunning .. FFI folks are very bad.,

Thank you osmanthus

with best
    yeezevee

No you should take the COEM shahada, which is:

"There is no goddess but Berbarella, and our prophet is Osman"
     Reply #447 - February 22, 2010, 02:42 AM

No you should take the COEM shahada, which is:

"There is no goddess but Berbarella, and our prophet is Osman"

How are you doing dear king?  well., My good  friend Sona used to say lots of good words about Berbarella.  Decedents of  Berber  queens like   Kahina

or Dahlia

are close to goddesses  if not real Goddess  dear Tut.. But I am not sure about osmanthus., He is an odd guy here.,  may be that post  of Prophet of CEMB should go to Hassan..

Talking about Hassan., he says   some where in this forum  that FFI folks are MISUSING HIS videos .,  Well I would suggest to friends don't use Hassan's viedos to educate Muslims

But here is the link that gives close to 100 anti Islamic videos that they could use  

http://www.youtube.com/user/AhmadsQuran3#p/c/404C6AD7DD6B4895/185/lW5RylDv0mM

Ha ! that voice is familiar ., so you could also use the videos from above link if Hassan doesn't like people spreading his videos  to educate Muslim and non-Muslim folks about  that Arabian Pagan  Mr. Muhammad's Islam dear  King Tut..

yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #448 - February 22, 2010, 03:39 AM

I didn't say you were scared of me. I don't go around trying to be scary so it figures you wouldn't be shitting your pants whenever I post. 

I said you were scared and angry people. This is just how the FFI members in general seem to me. They give me the impression that they are almost foaming at the mouth whenever Islam is mentioned, and that they are basically terrified their world is about to come to an end. In other words their concerns, while understandable, are inflated beyond a reasonable level and are used as an excuse to vent all sorts of weirdness. Perhaps the best analogy is to say that it's like a modern day equivalent of MacCarthyism.

Neither is your approach correct. There is a limit to everything. Even CEMB members being ex muslims are too defensive about islam and muslims . Then there is too much of PCISM here which drives away people. I wonder whether you can accept this fact about your forum. There are flaws everywhere.I never claimed FFI to be perfect .The test lies in acknowledging them openly . I have no issues accepting that . I wonder whether you guys can do the same.

Reply #449 - February 22, 2010, 03:59 AM

btw it was Ansar who was using Tu quoque. I was originally discussing the hateful comments on FFI and it was Ansar who brought up Q-Man - saying he is just as bad.

I'm simply pointing out that he is definitely not as bad.

I forgot to reply to this.We both were discussing about posters on FFI. I already answered that accepting that yes some posters did post nasty remarks on FFI.If I used the excuse like CEMB posters do the same then it would be TU quoque. Ansar is not even in the picture so Ansar wasnt using Tu quoque.Secondly Rashna was opposed since she titled a thread as " hey muslims...".I dont see how thats offensive.
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »