Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]

(Read 112328 times)
  • 12 3 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]
     OP - February 16, 2010, 12:49 PM

Cheesy That analogy was too much I guess. I already told you the reason as to why people are reluctant to post here. One is too much of PCISM and secondly there are very few discussions related to islam .

Also it seems unlikely to me that anyone here would ever want to vote FFI members especially after whatever has happened between us .You seem to be a balanced poster but I dont think others here would think the way you do. Anyway Khalil Fariel also  doesnt post on FFI . He is busy with his life these days but he would someday come back and I am sure of that.Yes he is very knowledgeable and a tough debator.I cannot deny it.What happened to Zaephon btw? I dont see him posting here any longer.

Mod edit: Split from here.
     Reply #1 - February 16, 2010, 01:08 PM

I cannot deny it.What happened to Zaephon btw? I dont see him posting here any longer.

afaik he is spending more time involved with turkish politics

That analogy was too much I guess. I already told you the reason as to why people are reluctant to post here. One is too much of PCISM

Yes, this culture amongst the left wing liberals here naturally lends itself towards being fair & pc'ism

and secondly there are very few discussions related to islam .

I would say very few, probably aroung 30-50% of topics, althugh they do tend to get hijacked (see religion & god section) - I prefer it that way, otherwise religion become a bit boring if its discussed all the time as our lives are multi-dimensional

Also it seems unlikely to me that anyone here would ever want to vote FFI members especially after whatever has happened between us .

I am not aware of anything that has happened between us other than cultural differences.  Anyhow please tell if I missed something..

You seem to be a balanced poster but I dont think others here would think the way you do.

I very much doubt it, most ofus here have a serious problem with the culture of FFI - few have a problem with specific FFI posters.  Much in the same way that we may not like Islam as an ideology, but we dont dislke Muslims per se..

Yes he is very knowledgeable and a tough debator.

And very balanced too - where was he from? If you ever bump into him, please send my regards..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - February 16, 2010, 01:27 PM

This is like Hitler going to the jews and asking them why they arent a fan of his ? Cheesy . Charles,I must say that  you are a shameless creature   dance

Your analogy is fallacious Cheesy

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #3 - February 16, 2010, 06:25 PM

Quote from: Islame
    Yes, this culture amongst the left wing liberals here naturally lends itself towards being fair & pc'ism

Anything that is extreme is never good.Now the only problem is who decides and how he decides as to what should be called as extreme PCISM.I think thats where the problem lies.

I would say very few, probably aroung 30-50% of topics, althugh they do tend to get hijacked (see religion & god section) - I prefer it that way, otherwise religion become a bit boring if its discussed all the time as our lives are multi-dimensional

I disagree here.I understand religion becomes boring all the time but  having a single lounge section for relaxing  could be  sufficient to serve the purpose. If we want to defeat islam then we should be focused and majority of our topics should be concerning islam.Remember the title of this forum is "Council of ex muslims" so ideally this forum should be telling the world why they became ex muslims which requires exposing islam. Anyway this is just my opinion . Finally its upto you guys to decide how you want the forum to be.

I am not aware of anything that has happened between us other than cultural differences.  Anyhow please tell if I missed something..

No you didnt miss anything but some of the disputes that I had resulted into personal enmity and yes the cultural difference does exist . None can deny it.

I very much doubt it, most ofus here have a serious problem with the culture of FFI - few have a problem with specific FFI posters.  Much in the same way that we may not like Islam as an ideology, but we dont dislke Muslims per se..

Posters like? You could even take my name if you think . I would like to know your views and I would take them positively instead of whining about it. Criticism is welcomed . There is always a chance to see something that one never saw before. I guess even we dont dislike muslims as such. I think blame needs to be put where it  deserves. Be it a muslim or a non muslim. Religion shouldnt be the criteria.

And very balanced too - where was he from? If you ever bump into him, please send my regards..

I will surely convey your message to him. I have his email ID and we are very good friends and we have  exchanged a lot of PMs.I will mail him. He knows all my personal details just as I know about him but these days I havent been in touch with him.I will surely convey your regards to him .
     Reply #4 - February 16, 2010, 06:28 PM

Your analogy is fallacious Cheesy

I suppose the essence of what I want to convey  has reached you.I know its not  completely correct. Cheesy
     Reply #5 - February 16, 2010, 06:53 PM

Anything that is extreme is never good.Now the only problem is who decides and how he decides as to what should be called as extreme PCISM.I think thats where the problem lies.

I cant speak on behalf of everyone, but I'll do so anyway Wink

I think the difference lies in these phrases:

Muslims should be forced to adopt atheism at gunpoint
    Muslims are ignorant & chauvenistic

I have observed statements like the first 2 going commonly unchallenged at FFI - at COEM we would prefer to say this

Islam is ignorant & chauvenistic

Particularly if your aim is to encourage muslims to see your arguments against.  This might be because Sina's drive is to educate and turn the world against Islam, whereas we hope to drive change from within i.e. expose Islam for what it is to common Muslims.  I suppose a bit of both will accelerate change.

I disagree here.I understand religion becomes boring all the time but  having a single lounge section for relaxing  could be  sufficient to serve the purpose. If we want to defeat islam then we should be focused and majority of our topics should be concerning islam.Remember the title of this forum is "Council of ex muslims" so ideally this forum should be telling the world why they became ex muslims which requires exposing islam. Anyway this is just my opinion . Finally its upto you guys to decide how you want the forum to be.

I agree that would be best way, but you will not have an active forum like this one here if its one-dimensional.  Nor would other muslims be interested in taking a peek either.  All in all its the best strategy, and only strategy.  There is no single direction or strategy, incest can even be discussed here - the posters govern the direction here, and thats what has happened, rightly or wrongly, we are all to blame..

No you didnt miss anything but some of the disputes that I had resulted into personal enmity and yes the cultural difference does exist . None can deny it. Posters like? You could even take my name if you think .

I've dont remember anyone personally bad mouthing anyone other than Sina, so please go on.. popcorn

I would like to know your views and I would take them positively instead of whining about it. Criticism is welcomed . There is always a chance to see something that one never saw before. I guess even we dont dislike muslims as such. I think blame needs to be put where it  deserves. Be it a muslim or a non muslim. Religion shouldnt be the criteria.

Yes, please tell me what your thoughts are also, particularly on FFI, this forum, where you think improvements can be made here & over at FFI, if you think the forum part is busier or not etc

I will surely convey your message to him. I have his email ID and we are very good friends and we have  exchanged a lot of PMs.I will mail him. He knows all my personal details just as I know about him but these days I havent been in touch with him.I will surely convey your regards to him .

He prob wont know me, but tell him to come & join the fun Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - February 16, 2010, 07:05 PM

What happened to Zaephon btw? I dont see him posting here any longer.

He left in kinda a huff. He won POTM here some time ago.

Can we have an admin move the FFI vs. COEM, skynightblaze vs. IsLame discussion into a different thread, please? It really doesn't belong here.

fuck you
     Reply #7 - February 16, 2010, 07:27 PM

@QMAN

Thanks for the info on Zaephon. I agree this thread discussion doesnt belong here. Mods can move this discussion somewhere else. Also one more thing this is not a debate between CEMB vs FFI or  I vs Islame. Its just a discussion.I would like to have normal chat just as we chat amongst friends. No more debates please!
  • Re: Poster of the month!
     Reply #8 - February 16, 2010, 07:33 PM

Anyway this is just my opinion . Finally its upto you guys to decide how you want the forum to be.

Just spotted this - remember its your forum too, youre a member, you can start threads on any topic, write about anything and just as equal as anyone else here..  

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Re: FFI vs. COEM [Split: Poster of the month!]
     Reply #9 - February 18, 2010, 01:47 PM

I think the difference lies in these phrases:

Muslims should be forced to adopt atheism at gunpoint

I have observed statements like the first 2 going commonly unchallenged at FFI - at COEM we would prefer to say this

The first statement of course is stupid. I don't see much difference between the next two statements.

Particularly if your aim is to encourage muslims to see your arguments against.  This might be because Sina's drive is to educate and turn the world against Islam, whereas we hope to drive change from within i.e. expose Islam for what it is to common Muslims.  I suppose a bit of both will accelerate change.

I agree that both the approaches are needed. Sina's drive, however, is not focused solely on the non Muslim world. FFI too targets Muslims as much as it targets rest of the people as far as educating them about Islam is concerned. The difference in approaches I see is that while CEMB intends to work like Homeopathy, FFI prefers surgery and shock treatment. It does not mince any words in criticizing Islam or Muslims. We tend to hook their egos and hit them hard to make them pause and take stock of their beliefs. We think that the bruised egos will force them to seek answers which might salvage their beyond salvage faith. And when they can't find those answers, well...

CEMB seems to be lukewarm to me. It is gentle, PC, and appears harmless. It is undoubtedly a better place for ex-Muslims as those who lose their faith pass through a difficult phase and need gentle care and support from fellow beings. The character of CEMB is defined, imho, by ex-Muslims who in spite of having outgrown their faith have links with and empathize with Muslims which is quite natural.

If you ask me, I would say that FFI is like the operation theater, and CEMB a place for convalescing.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #10 - February 18, 2010, 02:08 PM

Hmmm? You know what? I'm thinking I should invite all Muslim members of FFI (there's currently 7 of them) to leave FFI and come here instead.

People here are as biased against Islam as FFIers, but there's a very important advantage of this place.

1- People here are polite... except for about ~ 15 FFI members, many FFIers are rabid dogs who can't help but bark, bark and then bark some more....

2- This place has zero Christian missionaries... FFI is lately swarming with nauseatingly hypocritical Christian missionaries.. .fortunately, those aren't welcome here.

That's it... I'm off to steal Muslim members of FFI and make them members here.. FFIers shall be deprived of all the fun they're having with Muslims... Let CEMBers have all the fun!

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #11 - February 18, 2010, 02:11 PM

Yes, this culture amongst the left wing liberals here naturally lends itself towards being fair.

What is "fair" is a very subjective word, left wing liberals can be just as unfair, ignorant & blinkered as any right wing person. Being a left winger doesn't automatically qualify anyone for being smart.

Wrt Islam, left wingers have often preached that it should be treated more sensitively compared to Xtianity(like that BBC guy),given examples of their scurrilous moral equivalency by comparing the 9 odd doctors & nurses murdered by anti abortionists to the thousands killed by Islamist terrorists globally & so on.

I think, in their quest to be "fair" to Islam, they've often been extremely unfair to the thousands of victims of Islam globally & they've been just as unfair to their own societies which often give them a freedom of speech, expression, wealth & gender equality unimaginable in most Muslim societies by drawing poor analogies with the hideous abuses of Islamic societies.

Being fair is also about being truthful ,being just to all sides, not only Islam & Muslims which so called left wingers often fail to do in the quest to satisfy their criteria of "fairness".

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #12 - February 18, 2010, 02:25 PM

My problem with FFI has always been that it attracts some extreme anti-Muslim haters and that this can be linked to Ali's own remarks such as "a good Muslim is not a good human being" - just what some bigots are waiting to hear so they can dehumanize Muslims and justify their hatred and acts of violence against ordinary Muslims - who are of course our families.

FFI has always been quite happy to allow the most disgusting displays of bigotry and extreme statements - in the past I have seen calls for Muslims to be rounded up and placed in 're-education' camps while their Sheikhs and Imams made to "disappear". Just now took a quick look at the forum and can still see comments to Muslims like "Are you a raghead or a diaper-head?".

I am not on a mission to destroy Islam and I don't think many here are. We are just people who don't believe in Islam and want to express ourselves. While I would of course wish mankind could grow out of religious myths, it is not my life's ambition to try and force this.

FFI on the other hand is on a mission to eradicate Islam and clearly attracts many who would go to unthinkable lengths to achieve that.
     Reply #13 - February 18, 2010, 02:34 PM

I can understand & emphathise where you are coming from.

However I would like to politely disagree, without wishing to get into a debate who is right & who is wrong.  To some extent I think we are both right. However you are wrong about this being a exclusive sanctuary for exmuslims - we have apostates from all faiths here, and unlike FFI atm we dont have a single hardline theist posting here at all..

I have managed to resist the urge to debate this which I think is at the crux of our differences

.. I don't see much difference between the ..two statements.

Rashna would probably agree with your post, and despite being constantly ridiculed, still posts here.

However as a long term strategy, the results can only show which was more successful.  Althought I do think Debunkers post, as an objective outsider who's been on both forums, proves my point and is indicative of what future attitudes towards FFI will be as a whole.

I dont mind if you leave the rest who are like Yeezevee behind, as they seem to be better suited there and probably wouldnt fit in here anyway. 

However I would like to make a small request, and kindly ask you to join in the fun along with your other like-minded fellows like Khalil and Ixolite.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - February 18, 2010, 02:48 PM

I dont mind if you leave the rest who are like Yeezevee behind, as they seem to be better suited there and probably wouldnt fit in here anyway.

what did i do to you dear IsLame?? Did I do something to you at ffi?? lol.

Why I am  not fit here??   would you like me to write with different name and with different tone?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #15 - February 18, 2010, 02:53 PM

Nothing, I quite like you actually - I just think you are better suited to the authoritarian right-wingers over at FFI, rather than the left-wing liberals over at COEM.. 

Why, what do you think?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - February 18, 2010, 02:54 PM

Rashna would probably agree with your post, and despite being constantly ridiculed, still posts here.

Thanks I enjoy the ridicule, like I enjoy seeing great posters ridiculed by ignoramus Muslims at Ummah.com. Sooner or later, even with the desperate coalition of the ridiculors, some of those who make the most foolosh claims get ridiculed themselves, like when Pakman failed to get my sarcasm ... & then I enjoy it even more!  dance

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #17 - February 18, 2010, 02:59 PM

I just think you are better suited to the authoritarian right-wingers over at FFI,  rather than the left-wing liberals over at COEM.

that is an interesting observation., I guess you are making up these wings,  this right wing and left wing with reference to the political discussions., or is it religious discussion??

So you think I  am the supporter of  right-wing authoritarian regimes and I support  those who  support the right-wing authoritarian rulers?? I guess i only understood partially what you wrote above..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #18 - February 18, 2010, 03:05 PM

No, but dont worry about it, you missed my question anyway - Am I wrong in thinking you are better suited to FFI, or not? 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - February 18, 2010, 03:10 PM

I If we want to defeat islam then we should be focused and majority of our topics should be concerning islam. Remember the title of this forum is "Council of ex muslims" so ideally this forum should be telling the world why they became ex muslims which requires exposing islam.

And this is the fundamental difference between FFI and CoEM forums.

FFI's only interest in ex-Muslims is to use them as a blunt instrument to bash Islam with. That is why they attract so many Christian fundamentalists, racists, necons and every other flavour of bigot who hates Muslims and Islam rather than genuine ex-Muslims. (After all what sort of an ex-Muslim wants to be used by bigoted groups to add to the irrational hatred directed towards their own families?)

CoEM has more to it than simply airing our criticisms of Islam - it is about trying to offer support, and understanding and a place to just finally meet others who have gone through - or are going through what they are and get some help and advice. That stuff that FFI so arrogantly dismisses as "chit-chat" is a very important part of helping each other overcome the baggage Islam has left us with.

But it's OK - I know FFI (the "Grassroots Ex-Muslim Movement!"  Cheesy ) actually doesn't care about the issues real Ex-Muslims face. FFI's only interest in Ex-Muslims is to use them to further whatever agenda they have (depending on the particular FFI member that will range from a right-wing conservative Christian agenda to just outright racism and bigotry towards 'ragheads')
     Reply #20 - February 18, 2010, 03:19 PM

btw not that it matters, but are Yeezevee & SkyKBB apostates from Islam, Christianity, Hinduism or not at all?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - February 18, 2010, 03:20 PM

btw not that it matters, but are Yeezevee & SkyKBB apostates from Islam...

I'll answer that for you, IsLame... no!
     Reply #22 - February 18, 2010, 03:21 PM

.. I don't see much difference between the ..two statements.

There is a similarity & there is a difference, but some ex Muslims & pseudo liberals here are so keen to emphasize the difference, that they try to ignore the similarity, probably because they're just not brave enough to look at things in ways which would lead to discomfort & angst for their good selves.

It is because Islam is ignorant & chauvinistic that many Muslims become ignorant & chauvinistic. They'd be somewhat different people, & in all likelihood wouldn't be committing the same crimes had they been born elsewhere, in different societies & cultures.

A Jordanian man who honor kills his sister for freely intermingling with men would in all likelihood not indulge in the same act had he been born a Canadian Protestant. A Pakistani Muslim in Britain who gets his teenaged daughter married to her first cousin against her will would probably not indulge in the same act had be been a British born Anglican. A Saudi woman who is arbitrarily divorced by her polygamous husband via a triple talaq would not be treated in such an inequal fashion by her society & nation's laws had she been an Italian Catholic. Iranians would likely not stone had they been all Bahais, or Lutherans.The Talibanis couldn't blow up girls schools with the same easy in Communist Albania as they can do in Islamist Afghanistan. Had Salman Rushdie been a British Anglican by the name of Dan Brown & penned "The Da Vinci Code," instead of the "Satanic Verses," he'd not have fatwas for his death & the Japanese publisher of his book wouldn't be killed. Had the President of Chechenya been Orthodox Christian rather than Muslim, he wouldn't have praised the honor killings in his territory without being removed from his post & facing massive protests. The 8 year old Yemeni girl who was married off to a 30 year old man wouldn't be married had she been an Icelandic girl, rather than Yemeni. The Malay women who got lashed for out of wedlock sex yesterday wouldn't have been lashed had they been a Norwegian woman, where half of all babies are born out of wedlock.

A woman of Khadija's business acumen wouldn't have seen the same freedom to succeed in her profession in today's Saudi as she would in the Arabia of 14 centuries ago before Islam. A woman like Sajah who declared herself Prophetess in Muhammad's Arabia, couldn't do the same in today's Saudi or Yemen.

I know enough of the psychology of members here to realise that I would never convince anyone who doesn't want to be convinced, but I think the case is a slam dunk if anyone's willing toconsider it.

Yes, we as humans have tremendous capacities for imagination & interpretation & can do many wonderful things even if we come from the most backward & misogynistic cultures(& vice versa), but our religions & clutures do shape us to great extents, for better or for worse. Many of the crimes people commit, the inequalities & prejudices they exhibit towards women, towards homosexuals, etc are things which they'd certainly not do had they been born in other cultures & religions. Also, the work ethic, the rational mindset, the interest in science & technology v. bombs & virgins etc are greatly shaped by our cultures.

Islam's ignorance & chauvinism does get translated very often into Muslims' misogyny & chauvinism. Placed in different environments, the ignorant & chauvinistic Muslims would often have been very different people. As a socio cultural indicator, Islam creates significantly more negatives than positives, which comes across in Muslim attiudes as well.

Reply #23 - February 18, 2010, 03:22 PM

I'll answer that for you, IsLame... no!

are they both Christians then?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - February 18, 2010, 03:24 PM

I think they are atheists.
     Reply #25 - February 18, 2010, 03:26 PM

btw not that it matters, but are Yeezevee & SkyKBB apostates from Islam, Christianity, Hinduism or not at all?

Completely irrelevant & tu quoque logical fallacy, does everyone who carries a "Free Darfur" placard have to carry a "Free Tibet" placard as well?

are they both Christians then?

Again, an attempt of an ad hominem attack & tu quoque logical fallacy.

Islam has plenty of unique unpleasant aspects, which make it quite different from most other religions, at least in the present age, so members of other religions are going to criticize it too. Deal with that.

Reply #26 - February 18, 2010, 03:29 PM

Hey Rashna baby. You need to relax and find a nice boy or something. Holla at me gurl krazyd00d@hotmale.com
     Cool

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #27 - February 18, 2010, 03:33 PM

@ Islame

Sky is an atheist (ex-Hindu), yezve is an atheist and tries to keep his former faith a mystery thinking he's too important.

http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5425#p89285

http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5425#p89288

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #28 - February 18, 2010, 03:37 PM

Completely irrelevant & tu quoque logical fallacy, does everyone who carries a "Free Darfur" placard have to carry a "Free Tibet" placard as well?

Again, an attempt of an ad hominem attack & tu quoque logical fallacy.

Islam has plenty of unique unpleasant aspects, which make it quite different from most other religions, at least in the present age, so members of other religions are going to criticize it too. Deal with that.

Relax, you have a lot of pent up frustration that you need to channel - you might want to speak to Iblis about that, I hear he has a magic cure.

Anyhow I was just wondering why they dont see anything wrong with the "Muslims are ignorant & chauvenistic" and thought it might be down to lack of exposure..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #29 - February 18, 2010, 03:39 PM

Let me add I have nothing personally against skynightblaze nor Yeezevee nor charlsemartel nor many other posters on FFI.
  • 12 3 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »