Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Has anyone watched the movie FOOD INC. ?

(Read 11399 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Has anyone watched the movie FOOD INC. ?
     Reply #30 - February 18, 2010, 05:13 AM

Cheesy Yeah, you keep tellin yerself that.

Angry

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #31 - February 18, 2010, 07:03 AM

Like ?

PETA Senior Vice President MaryBeth Sweetland  on her use of insulin, which was tested on animals:

"I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic. Twice a day I take synthetically manufactured insulin that still contains some animal products -- and I have no qualms about it ... I'm not going to take the chance of killing myself by not taking insulin. I don't see myself as a hypocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals."
        --Glamour, January 1990

Funny thing is she seems to have a much more relaxed attitude when it comes to lives of other people who might benefit from research using animal testing.

PETA President Ingrid Newkirk -- in a Machiavellian moment -- explains how killing more than a thousand animals PETA accepted for shelter in 1999 is "ethical," because it frees up more money to mount offensive "press slut" campaigns:

"It is a totally rotten business, but sometimes the only kind option for some animals is to put them to sleep forever... It sounds lovely if you're naïve. We could become a no-kill shelter immediately. It means we wouldn't do as much work."
        --The Virginian-Pilot, August 1, 2000
     Reply #32 - February 18, 2010, 10:00 AM

It does take something to speak up against animal cruelties. And my thread was regarding " Food Inc" movie,Did anyone happen to watch it?

And wow, the converstations have come down on  attacking those who speak up against animal cruelties. Thing  about animal testing is that ... its more than just about saving humans lives. What a monkey has to do with beauty products, hair sprays, perfumes etc? Would you like your pet animal to be tested on like that? Obviously not.  Because you know its not saving life issue. And if it is a survival issue, would you be willing to stake life of  less intelligent ones, for instance, most animals are  intelligent than most 3 year old humans, and also more intelligent than those people who are mentally challenged.

I think it is the arrogance and egotistical devolution of human consciousness to think that human life deserves to be experienced at the cost of causing deep pain, suffering and death to virtually billions of other living, breathing beings that also want to live. How much more barbaric can this be? Already humans have caused irreversible damage to this planet while claiming we are the "superior" species yet humans knowingly create terror and extinguish the life from beings so that humans can continue to breath.

Since the discusions now is more about testing on animals then about FOOD Inc movie, It would be nice if you comment after having watched it Smiley Why don't we look at removing the causes rather than treating the symptoms?
     Reply #33 - February 18, 2010, 10:19 AM

i went to mcd after watching super size me.. it made me hungry
     Reply #34 - February 18, 2010, 10:54 AM

" You are what you eat"...Having a look at our society as a whole..Not hard to find the resemblence , between bloated chicken and those who consume it: Fat, overweight, to lazy to move...This shouldnt be a shocker as well, that food companies, pharmaceutical companies and branches of the government want you to get sick, so more money to big pharma companies... What do you vote for, 3 times a day, health food, nutritional healing( this isnt even the top priorities of medical field  for your info. ), or hefty bills to medicinal drugs and artificial supression of symptoms.....

Reply #35 - February 18, 2010, 12:20 PM

I will have to say that I am very against animal testing for beauty products- I don't think animal testing for perfumes & cosmetics is ethical.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #36 - February 18, 2010, 01:18 PM

Smiley Hi Rashna,

This one to look out for, beauty products that are not tested on animals. A friend of mine told me about this rabbit symbol.

Reply #37 - February 18, 2010, 01:26 PM

Someone is throwing shruiken spurs at the poor 'ickle rabbit.  I think we should collectively make a protest against animal cruelty and refuse to purchase anything with that label on.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #38 - February 18, 2010, 01:33 PM

Its a symbol Islame.............  The pictures of laboraties testing on animals is  far far disgusting. IF they would put that instead, on products tested ON animals, then nobody would touch them.

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »