Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: How many clerics do you think are actually atheists

(Read 3135 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How many clerics do you think are actually atheists
     OP - March 05, 2010, 02:35 AM

and just in it for the power, respect, free money, ect.

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
  • Re: How many clerics do you think are actually atheists
     Reply #1 - March 05, 2010, 03:30 AM

Zakir Naik? Hees got quite a large following and espouses more bullshit than I can even imagine possible. Srsly people look up to him as some sort of great great scholar wacko. Seeing people like him makes me want to advocate stoning as a punishment for stupidity

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
     Reply #2 - March 05, 2010, 03:32 AM

btw one decent cleric in my opinion is Javid Ahmed Ghamidi. As rational and humane as you can get with Islam.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
     Reply #3 - March 05, 2010, 05:00 AM

If you want something good to read by Ghamidi & Sina that is a synopsis of all of his best arguments so far against Islam, then read this link aside my blog on scribd

Its a debate between Ghamdi  & Sina that Peru told me to read once, and it was well worth it..

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24488219/Ghamdi-vs-Sina-Debate-muslim-vs-ex-muslim-debate

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - March 05, 2010, 05:07 AM

yea ive read it. Good Debate. Sina pretty much kicks their asses. Anyway, I was comparing Ghamidi to some of the other nutjobs out there, like Zakir Naik, Harun Yahya, etc. Ghamidi looks pretty reasonable compared to them

Reply #5 - March 05, 2010, 05:12 AM

This reminds me of a literary work I read in Spanish class about a Catholic priest who was an atheist but in his weaker moments had lapses into theism.  It was good

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #6 - March 05, 2010, 05:45 PM

I think most of the Muslim religious figures like Imam's and sheikhs actually do believe in what they say. Zakir Naik, hmmmm, not sure. Some of his views are fishy.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #7 - March 05, 2010, 06:10 PM

I would say a huge number of them are disbelieving scoundrels. You can just see it on their wicked smirks. Others are barbaric blockheads with less mental capability than my TI-83 graphic calculator.

Of course these things are hard to factually ascertain. I'm just going on gut instinct.

EDIT:

And Zakir Naik is most definitely a liar and exploiter of stupid people.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #8 - March 05, 2010, 06:22 PM

... my TI-83 graphic calculator.

nerd!
     Reply #9 - March 06, 2010, 12:57 AM

The video which exposes Zakir naik's lies/his followers stupidity better than anything else is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Z1kTGM8Mo

Seriously.. just watch.

"Muslims are getting behind science because they're going away from religion. And non muslims are getting better at science because they're ALSO going away from religion."

WHAT?

And the audience was confused and still a few people clapped
     Reply #10 - March 06, 2010, 01:03 AM

What a fucking pube face.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #11 - March 06, 2010, 01:03 AM

HUH!? jawdrop

Yea lol, like the Qur'an and hadiths have science. A geocentric universe, giant human beings, satan farting and pissing in ears, stars as missles for the jinn. Science my ass.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »