Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Goodbye and Thank you!

(Read 18613 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Goodbye and Thank you!
     OP - February 15, 2010, 03:09 PM

Dear respected members of COEM,

Before I say goodbye to you nice people, I wish to say that I really had a very nice time here at COEM. I have posted my first post on April 5th 2009. Oh boy, it has been a while, hasn't it? COEM helped me a lot and I am very grateful indeed to all of you. Many things you discussed here I already knew, but many many more stuff about Islam and other religions I learned from you here.

I also want to say that I am sorry if I offended anyone here. I would never mean to hurt or offend any one intentionally. I wish to say thank you specially to Berbs, Os, Cheetah, Allat, Hass and to many many other members. I might have disagreed with some members here, but I would like to stress that I truly have no hard feelings what so ever.

I might pop by every now and then, but I guess, would be very very rarely. The reason is that I feel like I have graduated and don't really need to talk more about religion.

I go away with the same conclusion that I first entered this forum with, which is "All Religions Are BS". And that's why I used my RIBS name to show what I really feel.

Thanks you all, and goodbye...

Yours sincerely,

RIBS

• Re: Goodbye and Thank you!
     Reply #1 - February 15, 2010, 03:15 PM

You'll be sorely missed - please pop in now & again whenever you get a mo, or have an interesting story to tell.  All the Breast.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - February 15, 2010, 03:17 PM

Good luck for the future RIBS. All the best. Afro
     Reply #3 - February 15, 2010, 03:18 PM

Cry

We will miss you RIBS. Make sure to still drop by to say hi every now and then.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #4 - February 15, 2010, 03:23 PM

Sorry to hear you're leaving. Hope you come back now and again to tell us how well you're doing Smiley

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #5 - February 15, 2010, 03:48 PM

Good luck, RIBS.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #6 - February 15, 2010, 03:49 PM

Gonna miss you ribs :( Pop in and now and then
     Reply #7 - February 15, 2010, 11:22 PM

I have always enjoyed reading your posts - you will be missed. Best of luck.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #8 - February 15, 2010, 11:29 PM

I hope this isn''t because of the family fun thread because that would be a bad reason to leave, anyway your unique sense of humour will be missed

Goodnight and goodluck

I hear what you're saying. You're spinning my head around.
     Reply #9 - February 15, 2010, 11:46 PM

Good luck in life my friend. Best of luck.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #10 - February 15, 2010, 11:46 PM

Hi RIBS. I'm new to this forum and I didn't have the pleasure to get to know you. Judging by the comments, it seems that your were a very loved forum member and I'm saddened about your decision to leave the forum. I hope all the best for you and take care:)
     Reply #11 - February 15, 2010, 11:49 PM

Bye bye RIBS Smiley All the best.
     Reply #12 - February 16, 2010, 12:13 AM

All the best RIBS.  Smiley
     Reply #13 - February 16, 2010, 12:15 AM

I can't believe you're leaving  Cry. But good luck Smiley
     far away hug

ps. the day you leave, I finally find out what RIBS stands for lol.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #14 - February 16, 2010, 10:22 AM

See ya round, RIBS. Graduation aint a bad thing sometimes. Enjoy yourself. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #15 - March 06, 2010, 01:02 PM

Bye RIBS, hope you pop back in and say hi every now and again.   Wink

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #16 - March 06, 2010, 01:47 PM

I miss RIBS.   Cry

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #17 - March 06, 2010, 03:12 PM

Wow...how come I missed this thread.  Cry

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #18 - March 06, 2010, 05:05 PM

I'm gonna miss you RIBS. First Tommy left, now RIBS. Cry

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #19 - March 06, 2010, 06:41 PM

Live long and prosper, RIBS  Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #20 - March 06, 2010, 07:18 PM

No! Don't leave!!!  Cry Cry

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #21 - March 07, 2010, 04:27 AM

I miss RIBS.   Cry

Me too Cry.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #22 - March 30, 2010, 11:11 PM

Yo RIBS, if you're checking this, I MISS YOU  Cry
     Reply #23 - March 31, 2010, 02:09 PM

Reply #24 - March 31, 2010, 03:02 PM

You make Islam sound like it is about to lose its heritage - its got1.5 billion adherents, you neednt worry.

Are you as desperate to keep your pagan identity?  Dont forget that prior to Islam (i.e. last 1400 yrs) you ancestors for 200,000 years and more were polytheists.  

What lengths have you undergone to preserve that lost identity?

I really dont understand your point of view  Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - March 31, 2010, 03:07 PM

Please stop spitting hatred, IsLame Angry

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #26 - March 31, 2010, 03:10 PM

IslamMythology,

Out of curiosity, what is your ethnic background?

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #27 - March 31, 2010, 03:11 PM

the way I see it is that as humans we have always tried out best to understand our environment and fit as best as we can into it.  Gernerations have come & gone, something we have learned, somethings were mistakes and were dropped.  Islam was one of those.  Its was sold as a truth, and now we have learned it was  a lie.

Should we still use the plough to dig our fields and use a tractor?  I could understand if there were some parts of Islam that you like and still wish to follow. I think we all do that to some extent.  Some might even go as far as to call themselves a cultural muslim.  I get that - but not what you seem to be saying.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #28 - March 31, 2010, 03:13 PM

You make Islam sound like it is about to lose its heritage - its got1.5 billion adherents, you neednt worry.

Are you as desperate to keep your pagan identity?  Dont forget that prior to Islam (i.e. last 1400 yrs) you ancestors for 200,000 years and more were polytheists.  

What lengths have you undergone to preserve that lost identity?

I really dont understand your point of view  Huh?

I would have loved some kind of connection to a pagan mythology, same difference. The mythology I happen to be connected to is Islam. I'm not worried that it's losing it's heritage I would like to move it forward to where we can get past all the nonsense, enjoy the good parts of Islam, and live our lives happily with rest of the world. I've been on forums (usually live chats) where all everyone does is spit at each other all day. It gets exhausting and it isn't getting us anywhere. We are all always quitting the chats and messageboards because we get burnt out, I mean it's just pointless. It's pointless unless we have somewhere we can go with it. I have a direction I'd like to go with it so I'm running with that.
     Reply #29 - March 31, 2010, 03:18 PM

I would have loved some kind of connection to a pagan mythology, same difference. The mythology I happen to be connected to is Islam. I'm not worried that it's losing it's heritage I would like to move it forward to where we can get past all the nonsense, enjoy the good parts of Islam, and live our lives happily with rest of the world.

but why focus and identify with Islam exlusively?  Where I differ from you is that since learning Islam is manmade I no longer feel an affiliation towards it, and feel a greater degree of affiliation to the human race and what it has learned through time & cultural progress.  This does not come from one religion or one tribe, it comes collectively from all the tribes and all cultures.
    I have a direction I'd like to go with it so I'm running with that.

So what is this direction?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »