Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Aafia Siddiqui (pbuh)

(Read 52134 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Earn $$$$$ in Pakistan!
     Reply #30 - March 03, 2010, 08:13 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_05C1x9QDwTc/S47AISq3OyI/AAAAAAAAABQ/11KJDhsxRKA/s1600-h/t-shirt.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_05C1x9QDwTc/S47CfD_UpyI/AAAAAAAAABY/2TLexabUkdA/s1600-h/t-shirt2.jpg

Look at these people. Here they have a popular cause and they are promoting it by walking around with postcards pinned to their chests. What is the matter with them? Didn't anyone in the Free Aafia movement ever take a marketing class in college? What they need is what every profitable cause has. T-shirts and Bumper stickers! Why hasn't anybody thought of this? Pakistan is a textile hub of the world! Get the shirts printed for 50 cents each, sell them for 3 bucks. They have thousands of potential customers rallying every week. That plus the bumper stickers and there is a ton of cash to be made. If anyone in Pakistan is reading this they should get out and corner the market before the Siddiquis get on the ball. If you don't do it then somebody else will.

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
  • Re: Aafia Siddiqui (pbuh)
     Reply #31 - March 03, 2010, 09:00 PM

guys hint at getting into sites at work etc put https:// at the beginning of the webbie, this is a secure setting for bank accounts etc, so normally it gets through most filters.
     Reply #32 - March 03, 2010, 09:03 PM

good tip

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #33 - March 04, 2010, 03:02 PM

Another Article of inquiry on  Aafia Siddiqui  from pakistan

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=227121
    Dr Aafia did or didn't?     Fasi Zaka

I admit that there has been one topic I have been reluctant to write about for a year now, despite occasional prodding from the readers. When I first heard about Dr Aafia Siddiqui's case, I immediately held an uninformed opinion; I thought she was guilty. It didn't matter to me that she was a woman, and I felt if she had been Al Qaeda then she deserved punishment.

There is also the possibility that she is not mentally fit to understand what is going on around her. Her recent photos speak of tragedy and hardship. Plus, she happens to be described as some sort of brilliant scientist at the disposal of Al Qaeda by the western media, whereas her research for her PhD was anything but something that could be used for terrorism (she contributed to the theory that man learns by imitation).

With all this in mind, it's good that the government of Pakistan spent money on her defence. She is someone who very likely could have been handed over to the Americans in violation of all our laws if she was truly in captivity all this time. Her case is worth pursuing because it is not an open-and-shut one that the courts in the US have decided against her.

Despite all of this, there are still some troubling issues. She isn't someone randomly picked up in a massive miscarriage of justice; she was on the radar of the US as early as 2002. In addition, even a UN Commission alleges that she was a member of Al Qaeda. Apparently it was Khalid Sheikh Mohammad who gave up her name in 2003 when he was arrested - that of course cannot be verified thanks to the illegal detention center that Guantanamo is.

....The court record says that her lawyer confirmed her second marriage to a man already in custody who is supposedly an Al Qaeda operative. Her previous husband alleges that her children are not missing but actually in the custody of her sister and that she has not been detained for five years by the US before the shooting incident. Most troubling is an account of her uncle who claims to have met her in the period when her supporters allege she was in the US custody. The journalist Declan Walsh wrote a very prescient piece which noted that the key to understanding the truth would be to know where Dr Aafia was for the five "missing years" before her arrest; was she illegally and inhumanly held by the US or was she working for Al Qaeda? One person who could answer this is the son of Dr Aafia, but his testimony or presence has not been forwarded by Dr Aafia's family in whose custody he is currently.

For either side, those who believe in her guilt and those who don't, to say something conclusively is impossible at this stage despite their claims. Guilt needs to be established beyond reasonable doubt, but this case sets a long shadow with many unanswered questions....

that is a fair analysis..   TRUTH MUST COME OUT., it is clearly one of the fundamental case for shaking the Muslim world by Bush and company

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #34 - March 04, 2010, 09:46 PM

Recent Videos of  release Afia procession from Pakistan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sGX2hyTd1U

Protest For Dr. Aafia Siddiqui 03/06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwM5LAXluk8

Protest For Dr. Aafia Siddiqui 04/06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivnQGbjw5nw&feature=related

Protest For Dr. Aafia Siddiqui 05/06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsUoJa4RNKk&feature=related

Well many of those in the above podium are ready to fight next elections in Pakistan if there is no COUP until that time.,  What these seem not to realize is,  America washed its hands  by saying simply she was captured in Afghanistan and She Has American Citizenship and they have right to prosecute in American courts as she is perceived to aid terror against her own country. And that is because she is American citizen. That is Americans will talk IF  SHE IS NOT INVOLVED ANY OF THESE SLEZE CHARACTERS  from Karcahi  that her first husband mentiones.  Off course Americans will pay hefty compensation for her troubles ..

But  If she is involved  with  9/11  sleaze balls,  then the American will make another story, Again they can make that because of her American Passport and Citizenship..

yeezevee

Reply #35 - March 04, 2010, 09:53 PM

Petra Bartosiewicz from Harpers talks about Aafia  story in the November issue. The story is about a woman named Aafia Saddiqui, Petra, taking a close look at the case, ascertains that Aafia could not have committed the crime, and that the Army is falsifying evidence.

Petra Bartosiewicz on Dr Aafia Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWG7TA1oeH4&feature=related

Petra Bartosiewicz on Dr Aafia Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVd-ofzY7tg&feature=related

yeezevee

Reply #36 - March 04, 2010, 10:01 PM

I don't think she is a US Citizen.
    Where did you read that?

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #37 - March 04, 2010, 10:14 PM

I don't think she is a US Citizen.
    Where did you read that?  

I know for sure she has green card  dear Bob..   She may have  dual citizenship...

Reply #38 - March 04, 2010, 10:48 PM

Petra Bartosiewicz from Harpers talks about Aafia  story in the November issue. The story is about a woman named Aafia Saddiqui, Petra, taking a close look at the case, ascertains that Aafia could not have committed the crime, and that the Army is falsifying evidence.

Actually she doesn't ascertain that at all. She said it seems almost physically impossible for it to have occured like is claimed. She says the M4 is a huge weapon. 

An M4 rifle is a US made weapon whose loaded weight is around 3.4 kg. Is Aafia really is unable to lift a 3.4 kg gun?

Here is a photo pf a child holding an Ak 47’s (around 5 kg loaded weight)

Reply #39 - March 04, 2010, 10:51 PM

I know for sure she has green card  dear Bob..   She may have  dual citizenship...

If you know she has a greencard then you should also know that only non-citizens are allowed to have greencards. If she had dual citizenship (The US doesn't recognize dual citizenry) then her supporters would even have less claim that she shouldn't have been tried in a US court.

Reply #40 - March 05, 2010, 02:05 PM

If you know she has a greencard then you should also know that only non-citizens are allowed to have greencards. If she had dual citizenship (The US doesn't recognize dual citizenry) then her supporters would even have less claim that she shouldn't have been tried in a US court.

Actually Pakistan has dual citizenship agreements with around 16 countries and it includes USA as well. One can keep a Pakistani passport with an American passport too.

The countries which Pakistani citizens can also hold another citizenship are:

USA
    Canada
    UK
    Ireland
    France
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Switzerland
    Sweden
    Italy
    Iceland
    Australia
    New Zealand
    Egypt
    Jordan
    Syria

That said I hope that Pakistan can also make agreements with the likes of Spain, Greece, and maybe Germany as well. There is a fairly good sized expatriate Pakistani community there. But Germany and the likes of Norway and Denmark (where there are a good number of Pakistanis) have rigid nationality laws.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #41 - March 05, 2010, 02:34 PM

S-bob says
    If you know she has a greencard then you should also know that only non-citizens are allowed to have greencards. If she had dual citizenship (The US doesn't recognize dual citizenry) then her supporters would even have less claim that she shouldn't have been tried in a US court

Well I knew that green card thing in 1995 before her marriage.. Lot of water went through that river trinity  next to Houston  where she lived and has permanent address  from 1995 to 2001., So I thought she may have got U.S.  Citizenship..

Here is the notes from General's BOOK "In the Line of Fire"  that ruled Pakistan for 9 years or so.,  Damn That Muslim General Plagiarized THE NAME OF THE BOOK also from an American Movie., He should be Sued..

Any way here what he says

Afia Siddiqui was a US citizen and held US passport.

1- Musharraf says in his book, page 237, "Pakistan had captured 689 Al Qaeda members and handed over 369 of them to the US".

2- Afia Siddiqui was a US national and held US passport. If the US requests their nationals to be handed over - Pakistan has to oblige.

PAkistan CANNOT keep US nationals by force! The government could have been held responsible only if she were a Pakistani by passport.

3- Afia Siidqui's son Ahmed is also a US citizen

4- The US admitted she was ARRESTED in Ghazi in July 2008. Means she was NOT 'handed over by Pakistani intelligence'.

5- She divorced her earlier husband and married a so-called Jihadist "Ammar Al Baluchi" - the nephew of 911 mastermind 'Khalid Shekh Mohammad.

6- Afia Siddiqui involved in Liberian Diamond Deal:

7- The former husband spoken in  public on Afia Siddiqui's Jihadist views:

Afia Siddiqui was NOT INNOCENT and most probably she wandered into Afghanistan to search for her second husband, Ammar Al Blochi (Khalid Sheikh's nephew) who was captured by US forces and held in Guantanamo Bay.

That is what I get from books published..

yeezevee

Reply #42 - March 05, 2010, 02:47 PM

http://tazeen-tazeen.blogspot.com/2009/10/pakistan-and-us-unholy-matrimony.html

...... I  fail to understand why Pakistanis in general and Jamat-i-Islami and Imran Khan in particular are so hung up on the release of Aafia Siuddiqui. What irritates me even more is that she is called “Quam ki beti” (Daughter of the nation) when she is not even holding a Pakistani passport.

She is an American citizen who was found involved in activities against her country and US has every right to try one of their own citizens, but Pakistanis must not only meddle, they must also do it at the top of their lungs. Perhaps Imran Khan and Jamat-i-Islami call her Qaum ki beti for being involved in money transfers for Al Qaida and endangering the life of her under age children by exposing them to terrorists in Afghanistan when they could have stayed with their father in a much more secure environment in Karachi?

That is what that link says., To me it appears she might have become citizen of US, Also may have Dual citizenship., Other wise, if she didn't had US Passport and did not travel on it,  The case would have been easy for Pakistani Govt to get her back in to Pakistan.

Reply #43 - March 05, 2010, 08:56 PM

A. Pakistan can recognize US/Pakistan dual citizenship. That is fine. However, the US to this date still does not recognize dual citizenship. In fact part of the citizenship oath is to renounce any other allegences. This does not mean the US government actively looks for violators. Plenty of people keep their old citizenships and passports stashed away despite the oath.
    Having US children does not make effect someone's status. I for one am married to an American, My parents have become American and My kids are American by birth. I'm still a Canadian.

B. I'm very skeptical of those alleged quotes about Aafia Siddiqui in Musharaf's book In the Line of Fire. The book came out in 2006 before she was arrested and I have never heard of these things being writtenin it before. I will download a PDF version of the book tonight and investigate further.

Reply #44 - March 05, 2010, 10:19 PM

A. Pakistan can recognize US/Pakistan dual citizenship. That is fine. However, the US to this date still does not recognize dual citizenship. In fact part of the citizenship oath is to renounce any other allegences. This does not mean the US government actively looks for violators.

well I am not very certain about US citizenship laws., but this link  

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html  appears to be US govt link says
    Dual Nationality

The concept of dual nationality means that a person is a citizen of two countries at the same time. Each country has its own citizenship laws based on its own policy.Persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth.

A U.S. citizen may acquire foreign citizenship by marriage, or a person naturalized as a U.S. citizen may not lose the citizenship of the country of birth.U.S.  law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one citizenship or another Also, a person who is automatically granted another citizenship does not risk losing U.S. citizenship.  However, a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.

Intent can be shown by the person's statements or conduct.The U.S. Government recognizes that dual nationality exists but does not encourage it as a matter of policy because of the problems it may cause. Claims of other countries on dual national U.S. citizens may conflict with U.S. law, and dual nationality may limit U.S. Government efforts to assist citizens abroad. The country where a dual national is located generally has a stronger claim to that person's allegiance.

However, dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there.Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.Most countries permit a person to renounce or otherwise lose citizenship.

Information on losing foreign citizenship can be obtained from the foreign country's embassy and consulates in the United States. Americans can renounce U.S. citizenship in the proper form at U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.

Those are the rules., I am not sure how you are going to interpret them

Bob says:  B. I'm very skeptical of those alleged quotes about Aafia Siddiqui in Musharaf's book In the Line of Fire . The book came out in 2006 before she was arrested and I have never heard of these things being writtenin it before. I will download a PDF version of the book tonight and investigate further.  

That is very interesting point you are raising. you are right, that means   indirectly the  statement from Musharraf  says, she was a Prisoner somewhere. I HAVE NOT READ THAT BOOK., I am just taking that in face value of people who quoted it and even I remember Imran  Khan saying similar words...

Is there any way to check her US nationality directly?? basically does she have US passport??  US immigration laws appears to be MOST liberal and very unique in the world..

Reply #45 - March 05, 2010, 10:35 PM

I believe while living inside Pakistan, that though there are people who like her, but it is more like a thing which media and religious parties are intentionally exaggerating..

More consistent with the cultural and religious morality, it is difficult for a Girl to become a Hero, once she is taken by other MALES!! She kind of becomes an element of shame, which people want to forget about and not remember..
     Reply #46 - March 05, 2010, 10:37 PM

Well certainly this did not appear in a book that was written in 2006

4- The US admitted she was ARRESTED in Ghazi in July 2008. Means she was NOT 'handed over by Pakistani intelligence'

Reply #47 - March 05, 2010, 11:39 PM

S-bob
    Well certainly this did not appear in a book that was written in 2006

4- The US admitted she was ARRESTED in Ghazi in July 2008. Means she was NOT 'handed over by Pakistani intelligence'

bob  did you get the book and read through it??

There is so much hidden in this case., it is hard to figure out who is telling truth and who is not..

Reply #48 - March 05, 2010, 11:53 PM

useful links on that strange case..

http://karachi.metblogs.com/2010/02/13/mqm-and-aafia-siddiqui-principle-stand-or-political-marketing/

ony guy writes
    .....By the way, Dr Aafia Siddiqui never re-married anyone as was wrongfully touted and spinned globally  by FBI. Aafia is victim of that fascist syndromme: “Call a person a dog and then shoot her” . The Neo-Improvisation and Restatement of that Syndrome is that before-predetermined-shooting-an-innocent-lady – - just  have three or four  heavy-weight American soldiers  falsely claim that the chosen victim-to-be-blamed shot at them first by grabbing their gun which was lying on the floor of their overseas dungeon. As a former Assistant Attorney-General in the USA, I know that laying-down the heavy-gun on the floor is never  dared and never done in  suchlike circumstances. Additionally,  no DNA or other physical evidence was discovered to that  alleged-effect. The Jury returned the verdict of “Guilty” based on verbal evidence of Aafia versus four  bought (and brought) witnesses. Law will accept the impossible but not the improbable and unreasonable. Let us not be somnobulant about that.  I spent quater of a century in the USA learning and not-earning dollars.

In a nutshell,  I must  respectfully and  conscientiously ask American bureaucrats  that they should stop maltreating minorities and try to understand Islam in the proper light so that past wrongs and blunders can be rectified and only thus the Day Shall Dawn.

It is a long shot! But where there is will there is a way.

Yours sincerely,

SYED MOHAMMED JAWAID IQBAL JAFREE OF PACIFIC PASLISADES,

MA Illinois LLM Harvard PhD Read  FRSA London  SASC PC, ATTORNEY AT LAW, ADMITTED IN PAKISTAN AND USA

Strange .. Stranger than fiction..

Reply #49 - March 06, 2010, 12:22 AM

http://ibrahimsajidmalick.com/isi-abducted-me-aafia-siddiqui-tells-her-lawyer/1145/

ISI Abducted Me: Aafia Siddiqui Tells Her Lawyer

After the guilty verdict in the high profile trial of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui in New York, defense attorney Elaine Sharp- the only member of the defense team that Dr. Siddiqui has any relations with said: “Dr. Siddiqui told us that she was picked-up by Pakistani men in two black cars. These were people of Pakistani intelligence. You know- she said ISI.”

Is she just a Victim of ISI- Musharraf  Drama to hide the real problems of 9/11??

Imran Khan On Aafia Siddique
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyFw7lDS_Ys

http://www.chowk.com/ilogs/76219/48173

may be she was a double/triple  agent.... CIA.... ISS  and Khalid Sheik MUHAMMAD

but i  say she was stupid...  an absolute waste of her education., why involve in this nonsense when she  can help Muslim women in million ways  with her background..

Reply #50 - March 06, 2010, 03:32 AM

S-bobbob  did you get the book and read through it??

There is so much hidden in this case., it is hard to figure out who is telling truth and who is not..

Yes I got it (google In the Line of Fire rapidshare) but it is a scanned PDF and not a text fill so I can't do a simple search on it. I'm quite sure there is nothing on Siddiqui in it but I will read it later. about 300 pages so don't hold your breath.

Reply #51 - March 06, 2010, 04:03 AM

.By the way, Dr Aafia Siddiqui never re-married anyone as was wrongfully touted and spinned globally  by FBI.

According to BBC the guys family confirms it.

"Aafia Siddiqui is said to have married Ali Abd'al Aziz Ali, one of his nephews following her divorce.

Although her family denies this, the BBC has been able to confirm it from security sources and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's family.
    "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7544008.stm

It would take more than 3 or 5 soldiers to pull off this alleged conspiracy/coverup. There are were I think 7 eye witnesses. Plus they would have had to get the Afghan arresting officers and detaining officers involved and whether she shot or not the shooting was triggered when Aafia opened the curtain. Even Aafia's version includes her being unrestrained and opening the curtain to where the soldiers were. What kind of conspiracy to shoot someone would rely on the victim to present themselves like that. They would have to have many people involved in such a conspiracy. And for what? If they had her in a secret prison and wanted rid of her why not just kill her there. Why gp through all this? It doesn't make sense.

• Regarding Imran Khan
     Reply #52 - March 06, 2010, 04:47 AM

Musharaf didn’t get Pakistan stuck in someone else’s war. The US chased the Taliban into Pakistan and the Taliban decided they were going to continue to fight the Afghan war from Pakistan. Pakistan did not have the option to say “We are not going to do anything about the militants launching raids into Afghanistan from Pakistan”. Musharaf had to (or appear to) choose a side. The Red Mosque was an unavoidable battle as well. Khan knows this very well. He is just trying to score political points here. I don’t know much about Balochistan. He says Musharaf will not return to Pakistan but if you go on Musharaf’s facebook fanpage (He is very active on it) his posts seem to suggest he fully intends to return and expects to make a run in the presidential election. Yes Yvonne Ridley’s buddy Lord Nazir Ahmed is trying to start some legal procedure against Musharaf in Britain but Musharaf doesn’t seem concerned. He lives in London now. Khan can’t even get his figures right. He doesn’t say in the book he handed over 700 people. He said he handed over 369 (no break-down on how many were Pakistani and how many were foreigners) . BTW, most of detainees of Guantanamo have already been returned to their home countries. He knows nothing of Aafia Siddiqui he just wants to get the votes of the crowds that are crying about her.

Never trust a man who finds religion and politics at the same time.

Reply #53 - March 06, 2010, 05:39 AM

Regardless how many people general handed over to USA, he admitted this so should be no problem prosecuting him if there is any evidence for it. He was not supposed to hand over people to any other country without proper legal steps.

All he could do with foreigners was to hand them over to their own countries if there was no other case against them in pakistan.

Bush admin also messed up reputation of usa by taking this step, they could have sorted things out even in pakistan. There is no defense against such stupidity. I think bush, mush and blair all deserve to be behind bars for what they did. We cannot expect such behaviour from governments in 21st century.

Pakistan was never in danger of attack by usa as mush will have us believe. USA knew pakistan is a nuclear state and attack on pakistan would have serious consequences. The nuclear spill could not and cannot be prevented from india and china even if pakistan did nothing in retaliation therefore it is not possible for usa to attack pakistani nuclear facilities. If usa and israel could safely take out pakistani nuclear power they would have done it by now.

As for the unknown missing people, they could also have been abducted by anyone eg taleban, alqaida or other criminal gangs. However by taking the similar step usa admin put itself and the country in an awkward position. Now all missing people are blamed on usa and pakistani governments. Even if afia was working with alqaida during missing years, it cannot be proven now so usa remains suspect. Obama needed to start new but he carried on. Again his advisers were also stupid because this could have given usa a new lease of life. 

I am a student of quran and islam and not an exmuslim.
     Reply #54 - March 06, 2010, 06:36 AM

"Pakistan was never in danger of attack by usa as mush will have us believe."

If Mush did nothing to address the militants attacking Afghanistan from Pakistan the US would have no choice but to disregard Pakistan sovereignty and attack suspected Taliban bases in Pakistan (with bombers and missiles and assault teams, not just drones). Nukes or not, Pakistan would not be in a position to retaliate, particularly when they needed US financial aid.

Reply #55 - March 06, 2010, 10:28 AM

It did not depend on how usa looked at its attack on pakistan but on pakistan as to how it looked at an attack by usa. If pakistan deemed its survival was at stake then it would have gone nuclear. This is why usa is explaining to pakistan as to what it is doing, why, where and how etc.

I do not take it as a usa war by pakistan but it's own war for survival against islamists and islamization. This is a war for islam or secularism in pakistan in guise of establishing writ of pakistan government.

Only people like jamat e islami are making noises that it is a war of usa that is fought by pakistan.

However war of survival of pakistan will not end with the end of islamists but with end of corrupt political leadership.

I am a student of quran and islam and not an exmuslim.
     Reply #56 - March 06, 2010, 02:55 PM

"If pakistan deemed its survival was at stake then it would have gone nuclear."
    Well the worst they could do is maybe hit A US base in Afghanistan. I don't think it was a feasable military threat. Having nukes, protects the Pak government in one way. It makes the world more concerned not to see the country fall apart because the nukes could end up in more irresponsible hands. The US do not want to weaken the Pak government. Co-operation is in both parties interest. Yes you are right that this is Pakistan's war. It's just politically aqward that their enemy's enemy is so incredibly unpopular.

"However war of survival of pakistan will not end with the end of islamists but with end of corrupt political leadership"

Yes, back to the Siddiqui case, I am disappointed in the government for not addressing the situation directly. They seem more interested in appearing to appease the protestors instead of exposing the truth.

Reply #57 - March 08, 2010, 07:42 PM

That is What Americans says..   Aafia visited Islamabad in Jan 2008: Says Her uncle
    And Americans  are sticking to their Guns..

http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=27662
    By Sami Abraham

WASHINGTON: The New York Times has reported that S H Farooqi, the uncle of MIT graduated Pakistani scientist Dr Aafia Siddiqi, has given a signed affidavit to the authorities swearing that Dr Aafia visited him in January 2008 in Islamabad and had asked for help to reach the Taliban in Afghanistan. A 12-member jury in New York convicted Dr Aafia in February this year for trying to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan in 2008.

It is for the first time that the information about such an affidavit has been made public. Dr Aafia dropped out of sight from 2003 to 2008 and her whereabouts and those of her three children, during this time, have been a mystery.

Her sister, Dr. Fauzia Siddiqui, has accused the Pakistani intelligence agencies of handing her over to the American officials. She says Ms. Siddiqui was transferred to the United States air base at Bagram, in Afghanistan, and tortured there. Her accusation is widely accepted in Pakistan, and strenuously denied by the American officials.

The paper says that Dr Aafia Siddiqi’s first husband, Dr. Amjad Khan, who was questioned by Pakistani and FBI officials, did not seem to agree with the accusations of Dr Fauzia and had said, during Dr Aafia’s disappearance, that she was hiding in Pakistan. He says he saw her on two occasions.

The paper also says that Dr Aafia’s eldest son Ahmed who was arrested in July 2008 in Ghazni, Afghanistan, along with his mother had told the Afghan investigators that they had arrived by road from Quetta two days before. Ahmed was later sent to be with his aunt, Dr. Fauzia Siddiqui. The other two children, Suleman, 7, and Maryam, 12, remain missing, but their father says they have been seen at their aunt’s house.

The paper says that in an interview, Dr. Khan urged the United States, Pakistani and Afghan governments to publish joint findings on the whereabouts of his children. The paper reports that, today in Pakistan, Dr Aafia has become a national symbol of honour and victimisation so potent that politicians of all stripes, Islamists, the news media and an increasingly anti-American public have all lined up to champion her claim of innocence and the broad outpouring has forced the Zardari government not only to give a public assurance that it will continue its legal assistance but to also raise this issue with the US government.

And in a rare display of unity, Prime Minister Gilani, who has described Ms. Aafia as “daughter of the nation,” and the opposition leader, Nawaz Sharif, have promised to push for her release. Last week, Pakistan Senate passed a resolution to demand her return to Pakistan. The paper says that all of this has taken place with little national soul-searching about the contradictory and frequently damning circumstances surrounding Ms. Siddiqui, who is suspected of having had links with al-Qaeda and the banned Jihadi group Jaish-e-Muhammad.

The paper also says that instead, the Pakistani news media have broadly portrayed her trial as a “farce” and an example of the injustices meted out to the Muslims by the United States since September 11, 2001.

The paper says that Ms. Siddiqui’s trial, which focused only on charges surrounding her capture in Afghanistan, left many questions unanswered about allegations of her involvement with al-Qaeda and of terrorist activity.

The paper claims she had a long involvement in Jihadi causes, even while a student at M.I.T. and, later, at Brandeis University. And the FBI had accused her of opening a post office box in 2002 in the name of Majid Khan, who is suspected of being an al-Qaeda member and is being held in the United States military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The court documents show that after getting divorce from her first husband, Dr. Muhammad Amjad Khan, the father of her three children, she married Ammar Baluchi, the nephew of the professed orchestrator of the September 11 attacks, Khalid Shaikh Mohammad, in early 2003. Baluchi was arrested for his alleged role in financing the September 11 plot and is jailed at Guant·namo.

The paper says that last month, the Pakistani minister of state for foreign affairs, Nawabzada Malik Amad Khan, said the evidence against Ms. Siddiqui was insubstantial. But senior Pakistani officials acknowledged that it was almost impossible to defend her in a court of law.

The paper says that one Western diplomat compared her case to that of Abdul Qadeer Khan, the Pakistani nuclear scientist accused of running a proliferation network, who now has the status of a national hero.

There is no doubt that the case of an ultraconservative, educated middle-class Pakistani woman who shunned the ways of the West and defied America has resonated in the Pakistani public.

“The iconisation of Aafia Siddiqui as an emblem of Pakistani womanhood represents the kind of female rebel acceptable in a rapidly Islamising Pakistani society,” the paper quotes Rafia Zakaria, a columnist in Pakistan.

“Leaving a husband for a second marriage, travelling alone, even putting your children in harm’s way,
    all acts that would be otherwise reviled, became acceptable when they are done with the ultimate aim of defying the United States,” she said.

So where is the truth??

Reply #58 - March 08, 2010, 08:00 PM

Yee! Zee! Vee!
    Yee! Zee! Vee!
    Yee! Zee! Vee!

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #59 - March 08, 2010, 08:33 PM

The truth is that there are HUGE holes in the Aafia and her kids are innocent and were kidnapped, raped and tortured for 5 years story. The truth is she was given a fair trial and lost. Now if Pakistan's government can give a good reason for the conviction to be overturned then they might have success. Crying to have her returned without bothering to investigate what happened to her is not going to get anywhere. They need to uncover additional evidence. Pakistan's government seems disinterested in investigating. They'd rather just play to the crowds and pretend they assume she is innocent. Of course if they do an honest investigation the evidence will likely not favour Siddiqui and the street mobs will get even angrier.

• Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »