Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mohammed's Wives

(Read 5659 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Mohammed's Wives
     OP - February 06, 2010, 10:34 AM

I'm interesting in learning about the individual lives of these women, but in more detail than just the time they spent with mohammed.

Does anybody have any good links, if you could just that add them to this thread. 

I was thinking about writing a series of stories about their lives, and how they ended up entwined in mohammeds little personal harem, and what they went on to have when he died.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Mohammed's Wives
     Reply #1 - February 06, 2010, 10:40 AM

Afro
     Reply #2 - February 06, 2010, 01:12 PM

I'd like to hear more about Khadija as most Muslim histories and seerahs tend to gloss over her.  Methinks it's 'cos she was Big Mo's boss and the opposite of the dumb, submissive housewife that many Muslim communities aspire their women to become.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #3 - March 13, 2010, 11:44 AM

Mohammed was such a pimp  Cheesy

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

https://twitter.com/AlharbiMoe
     Reply #4 - March 13, 2010, 11:45 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #5 - March 13, 2010, 11:45 AM

Chan gowad Cheesy
     Reply #6 - March 13, 2010, 12:00 PM

BerberElla  says this
    I'm interesting in learning about the individual lives of these women, but in more detail than just the time they spent with mohammed.

Does anybody have any good links, if you could just that add them to this thread.

I was thinking about writing a series of stories about their lives, and how they ended up entwined in mohammeds little personal harem, and what they went on to have when he died.

and MoeAlharbi  says
    Mohammed was such a pimp

And I wonder whether MoeAlharbi is right in calling Prophet of Islam Muhammad(PBUH) as pimp

.....Actually there are resources on that  and I did put them FFI. let me check it

with best wishes to both of you
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #7 - March 13, 2010, 12:15 PM

Quote from: yeezevee
    let me chick it

freudian slip, my dear yeezevee?

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #8 - March 13, 2010, 12:20 PM

freudian slip, my dear yeezevee?

What..

Oh My goodness.. oH my god.. Hey Allah forgive me for that error.. thank you z10..  lol..

I wonder whether BerberElla  tried to dress up like that  any time? ., She seem to love those Nomadic Gypsy culture/dresses and ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_-1hXs8-3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp_KBk_p7ls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kr6mWgKalQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrgXnXa_ue0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tshslAG4s5Q

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #9 - March 13, 2010, 12:22 PM

haha  Smiley

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #10 - March 13, 2010, 01:37 PM

Leila Ahmed, a Muslim feminist writer, wrote a good book on gender and women in Islam which goes in some detail about Muhammad's relationship with Aisha. Nabia Abbott, also mentioned in that book has a good book called Aisha, Muhammad's beloved. Good resources. The latter one is what you would be looking for.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #11 - March 13, 2010, 01:45 PM

Leila Ahmed needs to get her father's permission to get married. Enough said.
     Reply #12 - March 13, 2010, 08:38 PM

Do men need their fathers permission to get married?

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #13 - March 13, 2010, 09:35 PM

Leila Ahmed needs to get her father's permission to get married. Enough said.

LoL her book is still worth a read, regardless.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #14 - March 13, 2010, 09:55 PM

I'd like to hear more about Khadija as most Muslim histories and seerahs tend to gloss over her.  Methinks it's 'cos she was Big Mo's boss and the opposite of the dumb, submissive housewife that many Muslim communities aspire their women to become.

Thats definitely one big reason, but imo the bigger reason is that she positively disproves all the myths Muslims seek to preach, that in jahiliyyah period women had no rights, they were chattels, they never inherited property from their parents etc, etc.

Khadija is a woman who inherited immense wealth from her father Khuwaylid althugh she even had 2 brothers(and 1 sister), she was free to run her own business, she could propse to & marry a man 15 years her junior etc-in short a woman with complete control over her destiny & treated extremely well by her society.

There are other such remarkable women in Muhammad's time too, like Sajah the female Prophetess who founded her own religion & led a campaign against Muhammad, but none so central to Muhammad's story, as Khadija.

Khadija's story runs contrary to the self serving story Muslims have tried to build & propagate about women's rights in the jahiliyyah era. Htats' why they're so keen to gloss over her.

Thinking hard Muhammad must really have existed, & many of these incidents must be true, coz it'd be an extremely stupid writer who'd write in the story of such an empowered woman like Muhammad's first wife Khadija in the jahiliyyah era, which'd only  cast a serious doubt about Islamic claims of women lacking inheritance(& many other) rights pre Islam.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #15 - April 06, 2010, 11:39 PM

One his his daughter in law, one was his cousin, one was a 6 year old girl.
     Reply #16 - April 07, 2010, 01:52 AM

Thats definitely one big reason, but imo the bigger reason is that she positively disproves all the myths Muslims seek to preach, that in jahiliyyah period women had no rights, they were chattels, they never inherited property from their parents etc, etc.

Khadija is a woman who inherited immense wealth from her father Khuwaylid althugh she even had 2 brothers(and 1 sister), she was free to run her own business, she could propse to & marry a man 15 years her junior etc-in short a woman with complete control over her destiny & treated extremely well by her society.

There are other such remarkable women in Muhammad's time too, like Sajah the female Prophetess who founded her own religion & led a campaign against Muhammad, but none so central to Muhammad's story, as Khadija.

Khadija's story runs contrary to the self serving story Muslims have tried to build & propagate about women's rights in the jahiliyyah era. Htats' why they're so keen to gloss over her.

Thinking hard Muhammad must really have existed, & many of these incidents must be true, coz it'd be an extremely stupid writer who'd write in the story of such an empowered woman like Muhammad's first wife Khadija in the jahiliyyah era, which'd only  cast a serious doubt about Islamic claims of women lacking inheritance(& many other) rights pre Islam.

There was an interesting conversation piece between Irshad Manji and Salmon Rushdie who outlined that in the pre-Islamic days there was a mixture of patriarchal and matriarchal lineages; so the black and white, "everything was shit before Islam" doesn't match up to the historical reality of what is known about the Arabs of the time. Sure, it was a cultural, economic, political and social backwater when compared to the two empires that sandwiched it but it was a damn site better than it was under Muhammad and subsequent generations.

btw, I saw a documentary on the nomadic people in Saudi Arabia; I can see how 4:34 can come in useful - crude, rude and unsophisticated philistines both male and female alike.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »