Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Discussion about "My Orde...
Today at 05:18 AM

Conference on Freedom of ...
Today at 05:06 AM

Richard Dawkins event can...
Today at 02:23 AM

Greetings ! My story:
Today at 12:53 AM

Idle Thoughts
Today at 12:43 AM

MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
Today at 12:28 AM

كنت اعتقد انه على ما يرام...
by akay
Yesterday at 07:19 PM

25 killed in blast near L...
Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
Yesterday at 06:31 PM

Everything to debunk day ...
Yesterday at 05:05 PM

24 killed as car bomb exp...
Yesterday at 02:00 PM

Random Islamic History Po...
Yesterday at 01:26 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hundreds of Questions to Ask a Muslim

(Read 83598 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 15 16 17« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hundreds of Questions to Ask a Muslim
     Reply #480 - March 28, 2016, 02:36 AM

For now I'd just like to focus on questions that puzzle me regarding Islam, Muslims, Quranic Teachings, the Hadith Collections and Mohammed..
     Reply #481 - March 28, 2016, 06:24 AM

The Bible makes use of figurative language which are often misinterpreted.. In the Original languages, the Bible used the Hebrew word "SHE'OHL" and the Greek word "HAI'DES" to represent the common grave of mankind but Bible translators by allowing their personal understanding of the words mixed with their own beliefs have rendered these words as "hell" and "grave" which does not convey the actual sense of these words resulting in this misconception.

They changed the basis of Sheol in Judaism to match their Greeco-Roman influence mixed with Zoroastrian punishment/saved dynamics during the exile and post exile periods
    Prior to the exile Sheol never had any reference to the changes found in the NT and later OT texts. In the NT this became a place of the wicked only with the "saved" being sent to Heaven. Yet in Judaism no one could avoid it as it was part of the purification process of the soul. So no there was not a misconception as these were ideas already present prior to Jesus' birth. The religion changed, assimilated and evolved. All you are doing is arguing your idea of doctrine, dogma and theology but ignoring the actual dogma, theology and doctrine of the time these texts were created.

The reason for your confusion is that you are using two translations which make the mistake of mixing all these concepts together and are unreliable compared to modern translations. Both your sources do this which shows you have only read one bible no one outside the JW accepts or an archaic Protestant biased translation made centuries ago based on "Relieved Texts" ie the texts they think are accurate are by the Will of God. When one attempts to make a translations going in with dogma and doctrine already in mind will end is problems.

The Bible also use the Greek word GEHENNA, symbolic of eternal destruction, not eternal torment.. Gehenna is associated with fire and got its name from a garbage dump located outside of ancient Jerusalem.. Garbage and dead bodies of convicted criminals considered to be unworthy of a burial were burned there. Agreed most Churches in Christendom understand this as a literal place where God will punish disobedient mankind. But is that so? Consider what is mentioned at:

Which just shows the mixing and matching of text such as the KJV you cite below. All 4 were one in the same in the KJV and the JW version

Psalm 146:4: "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth and in that very day his thoughts perish." KJV.

Which only shows that have expectation in the Prince, the subject of the chapter, and mentioned directly prior, can not save people. His goals, aspirations are like dust at death. You are reading what you want into the text with ignoring the point is that faith in God is the only path not faith in mortals. Read the whole chapter next time. Read all the sources I mention. Again the KJV treats all as synonymous. You are reading something into the translation your own translation contradict in it's theology.

When Adam was told that he would return to the dust, it meant to a state of unconsciousness (a state of nonexistence as he was before he was created).

No it doesn't. You are projection your flawed theology above on to earlier scripture and calling it true.

The Bible does not teach that a person experiences anguish after death as punishment for his sins. It does not teach that a person possesses an immortal soul which survives the death of our body. It does not teach that we can think, hate and feel anger or pain at death.. The whole concept of Hell may have been rooted in the religion of ancient Egypt..

The book of Daniel does which shows the assimilation of Persian, not Egyptian, ideas. The post-exile period repeats the idea of an immortal soul and resurrection so your absolute claim is false. Read the book of Daniel, 2 Maccabees. Read about Samuel rising and Enoch.

There is so much more to it. However we'd have to continue this in a new Thread.. People differ greatly in their interpretations. And no Bogart. I may have said things that I did not quite understand at first when I joined this forum, things I wanted to withdraw but I'm not of any religion and I'm not a Christian.. Maybe I might be.. I try to be unbiased in my approach and open-minded to learn religious teachings. I was sooo close to converting to Islam but have so many unanswered questions and discovered a lot of absurdities.. You can say I'm on a search so I'll accept my mistakes as I go along. For now I'm reading and gathering information... I value other's views and reasoning and if something sounds logical I go for that.. It's my humble request in this forum to not be associated with any religion..

First off do not read The New World Translation, its not credible. It is edited to include doctrine and dogma of a cult like sect of Christianity. It denies the divinity of Christ which no other version of the Bible even thinks about let alone writes about. You are reading their theology as if it was really the Bible. It isn't. The KJV version also has doctrine and dogma issues especially with divine right of Kings and the very man behind the project was a King with his own agenda as Head of the Church of England. It has over 30,000 errors, interpolations, horrible understanding of Hebrew, mistranslated both Greek and Hebrew. It is based not on early manuscripts but those passed down by the Church, and accepted as authentic by said Church. Modern translations are far more reliable as Biblical Hebrew is considered which was not present during the KJV creation. These also include clear parameters identifying later additions to the Bible. If you need to use one version use NIV or at least something modern based on Greek (NT) and Hebrew Texts (OT), KJV is based not based on Biblical Hebrew but Mishnaic Hebrew (OT) and translation of it into Greek (OT along with NT references to OT).

If you want have a discussion about the Bible fine by me. However I am going to ask you to consider that your theology does not equate scholarship. If you wish to express Jehovah Witness theology I have no interest. Their view is based on doctrine not scholarship, scholarship is misused to reinforce doctrine. It's translations and view have no merit outside of their group. More so the group has discredited themselves for over a century. I am sure many are good people but their views on the Bible are nonsense.

If a mod wants to move this and relevant posts feel free to.
     Reply #482 - March 28, 2016, 01:40 PM

Thanks Bogart. I hear all what you're saying. I'll have a look at the NIV translation and work on this unscholarly approach of mine. In time, research will help me to draw conclusions as to whether my claims can be hammered home. Not to worry. It's a learning process after all and I'll go for logics not blind faith. I think those who preside over this forum should have these posts and other related ones to this subject removed from this thread keeping it clear for questions to ask Muslims of which I have countless..
     Reply #483 - May 16, 2016, 01:50 AM

Below are the questions I have pertaining to Islam. If there is a God then I'm sure he must be aware of the existing religious confusion, yet in his infinite wisdom he sees it fit to stay hidden. It's just confusing. Every religion claims to be the only right way to Him and pretty much every one else is viewed as a disbeliever condemned to the hell-fire (considering the entire concept of hell fire is not fictional). I'm not blind to the beautiful aspects of Islam as a religion but at the same time I cannot reconcile a lot of its teachings with my conscience. Okay let me get on with the questions before someone here decides to drown me in a tank of water.

1] Why does all-knowing Allah need to test us if he can discern the thoughts and intentions of our hearts?

2] I'm sure God can understand all the languages spoken in the world today. Why then do we have to recite our prayers in Arabic for them to be accepted?

3] What was the divine purpose behind using up Qur'an space in the last and final revelation to mankind to tell us not to linger too long in the prophet's house because it annoys him? What purpose does this verse have in God's last message to mankind for all times to come? Sounds divine if you ask me..

4] Why did Mohammad limit his followers to 4 wives at a time yet Allah allowed him to have unlimited sexual partners and we're told that in him, a man with exemplary morals, we have a perfect example to follow?

5] Why did Mohammad not allow his son-in-law to take another wife?

6] If we have free will then how does that not go in direct contradiction to the teaching of predestination?

7] What can be the logic behind Allah choosing to deliberately seal the hearing and sight of so many people so that they cannot accept Islam? If my heart has been veiled, how is it my fault if I cannot see the truth of Islam?

8] What makes you so sure that you are following the right religion?

9] Would you attribute the qualities of love, justice and mercy to a father who tortures his son for an act of disobedience by throwing him alive in fire and then keeping him alive for all eternity so he can be tortured again and again? Does that not sound crazy to you?

10] What is the woman's place in Allah's arrangement?

11] What does the Islamic paradise have in store for women?

12] Why does a wife have to provide her body for her husband's satisfaction whenever he so desires it even if she is occupied by the oven? What about her feelings? And why is this such a big deal that Allah has to step in and assign the holy angels to curse the wife if her husband goes to bed angry? What if the wife feels like it but he doesn't? What if she goes to bed angry? Would the angels curse him for denying his wife?
     Reply #484 - May 16, 2016, 02:21 AM

13] Does Islam condone the act of raping female captives? Does a female slave have the right to refusal of her master's sexual advances?
     Reply #485 - May 16, 2016, 03:48 PM

14) Can mohd. claim any of our allotted hoors for himself in jannat like he claimed his sons wife?
    15) Are we allowed to hide our allotted hoors in jannat from mohd.?
    16) Can we beat hoors in jannat for non compliance or if they have mood swings and /or deny sex. ? or the hoor will be ever ready by default?
    17)Will our new bodies in jannat come  pre -circumcised or the process needs to be repeated ?
    18) Will the male organ size differ based on skin color in jannat or is it custom order?

19) Did allah know that torat and bible will be corrupted when he sent jesus and moses ? he already knew it would get misunderstood?
    20) Did mohd. succeed in doing job correctly as last messenger by leaving perfect clear message ?
    21) did allah know that mohd. was last messenger and after he is dead there will be 10+ sects of islam ? and all sects would convert more people in wrong sects other than the one correct one?
    22) if quran is gods word why is it less entertaining than man created tv shows ? will we get to watch any tv shows in jannat?

All i know is what was told,
    All i think is what i know,
    All i am is what i think,
    All i know NOT is who i am.
     Reply #486 - May 16, 2016, 04:03 PM

14) Can mohd. claim any of our allotted hoors for himself in jannat like he claimed his sons wife?
    15) Are we allowed to hide our allotted hoors in jannat from mohd.?
    16) Can we beat hoors in jannat for non compliance or if they have mood swings and /or deny sex. ? or the hoor will be ever ready by default?
    17)Will our new bodies in jannat come  pre -circumcised or the process needs to be repeated ?
    18) Will the male organ size differ based on skin color in jannat or is it custom order?

19) Did allah know that torat and bible will be corrupted when he sent jesus and moses ? he already knew it would get misunderstood?
    20) Did mohd. succeed in doing job correctly as last messenger by leaving perfect clear message ?
    21) did allah know that mohd. was last messenger and after he is dead there will be 10+ sects of islam ? and all sects would convert more people in wrong sects other than the one correct one?
    22) if quran is gods word why is it less entertaining than man created tv shows ? will we get to watch any tv shows in jannat?

JUNK......  and      Junky Junk

Do not let silence become your legacy  
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #487 - May 16, 2016, 04:12 PM

so based on our points we get hoors and such? if mohd got a donkey for travel to heaven for his efforts and special status , can we earn a donkey each for our inter jannat travels ?

All i know is what was told,
    All i think is what i know,
    All i am is what i think,
    All i know NOT is who i am.
     Reply #488 - May 16, 2016, 06:21 PM

so based on   biased are our points we get hoors and such? if mohd got a donkey for travel to heaven for his efforts and special status , can we earn a donkey each for our inter jannat travels ?

well unless you get all that what you write from Quran.,  I am not going to beleive what you roaring about silentroar.,  If you can not get all that stuff from Quran then you are only making  noise with nose...

Do not let silence become your legacy  
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #489 - May 17, 2016, 12:28 AM

In the 21st Century, why is it acceptable for religious beliefs that debase women like polygamy to be practised? Shouldn't such practises be excised from Islam, and whatever sources they gain their legitimacy from, be disowned?

There are no women rights in islam.
    Forget about rights in islam.

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

Reply #490 - May 17, 2016, 05:16 AM

Cont'd
    14] How do you explain away Mohammad referring to women as being deficient in intelligence? Was he actually saying women are intellectually inferior to men?

15] As an individual, how would you like to be owned, enslaved, purchased/sold?

16] According to Islam, what is the meaning/significance of the word Messiah?
     Reply #491 - May 17, 2016, 05:53 AM

17] If Allah of the Qur'an is the same God of the Bible, then why did He not protect His earlier messages from this corruption? Why claim to do so only now? Does it make sense now for those who are genuinely confused? Were those messages not as good or important enough to preserve? Is God limited in his power to preserve all of His revelations? Why would an all-powerful, omniscient and all-wise God have to resort to this kind of thing - invalidating His own messages, claiming that these little despicable creatures that call themselves humans were able to corrupt His divine revelations and seeing it fit to just send another book (causing more confusion) instead of clearing up the existing mess or avoiding such a mess in the first place? After all, the Jews and Christians are misled because they follow the previous scriptures sent by this same God and to have these punished for following his previous scriptures just does not sound right. None of this sound like the acts or thinking of a wise God.. Surely God in his all-knowing wisdom foresaw this confusion from the inception.
     Reply #492 - September 07, 2016, 01:48 AM

Do you know Islam allow a father to marry his illegitimate daughter?

- Imam Shafi'i said so.
    - Shafi'i is one of the 4 Sunni Madhabs.
    - Any Muslim may follow any of the 4 Madhabs he likes on any issue.

Quran 4:23 "forbidden to you are your mothers and your daughters [banatukum]"

This text is definitive on the basic prohibition of marriage with one's mother and daughter and there is no disagreement on this point. However, the word banatukum (your daughters) could include one's real daugther, step-daughter and illegitimate daughter. A subsequent portion of the text eliminates the doubt with regard to step-daughter, as these are declared forbidden. But the jurists have differed as to whether the prohibition should be extended to illegitimate daugthers. The Hanafis have upheld that both real (ie. daughters through marriage) and illegitimate daugthers are included in the meaining of this text, but the Shafi'is maintain that only the daugther through marriage is forbidden. Similar differences of interpretation could ahve arisen regarding the exact meaning of 'mothers' had the Qur'an itself and also the Sunnah not clarified the precise import of the text. Consequently, there remains no dought taht besides the real mother, step-motehr and foster mother are all included in the meaning of this text" page 23, Mohammad Hashim Kamali, Shari'ah Law: An Introduction, ISBN 978-1-85168-565-3
  • Previous page 1 ... 15 16 17« Previous thread | Next thread »