Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hundreds of Questions to Ask a Muslim

(Read 157861 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Awkward questions to ask "moderate" Muslims...
     Reply #60 - February 05, 2010, 07:28 AM

I don't know how useful these questions are. Surely, every single one of these questions can be answered with "I don't know but I have faith" which is exactly the reason why religion survives and thrives. These questions only work once the wall of faith is vulnerable.

Having said that, an impressive list of insightful questions indeed.

What questions would you ask? What questions did you ask yourself?
     Reply #61 - February 05, 2010, 07:52 AM

I don't know how useful these questions are. Surely, every single one of these questions can be answered with "I don't know but I have faith" which is exactly the reason why religion survives and thrives. These questions only work once the wall of faith is vulnerable.

I agree with z10 on this one. Those questions fall on deaf ears if they are underpinned by faith. It's that foundational stone that needs to be dislodged, which will make the above questions superfluous (for me anway). So here are a couple of questions that I would ask.

1 - Am I absolutely certain that Islam is true? Bearing in my that there are hundreds of religions from which to choose. What criterion am I using to make that judgement? What if that criterion is empty and not legitimate?

2 - Is it because I believe in God that I follow Islam, or is it because I trust Muhammad? If it's the latter, how do I know?
     Reply #62 - February 05, 2010, 07:57 AM

-why are the human eyes so badly designed that a huge portion of the global population has to wear glasses ? (pretty shitty designed no?)

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #63 - February 05, 2010, 09:30 AM

lol, is that borat?  and whats a kretzulli?

Huh?

Also were Eskimos at the poles supposed to do during the month of Ramadhan where the sun rises and then sets after six months - starve to death?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #64 - February 05, 2010, 09:33 AM

Most of the time they think their beliefs are underpinned by a more solid foundation;  either proof or at least logic.  Once they realise through questions like those listed here, then they realise that its based on faith alone.  I am happy to leave them to it at this juncture, as at least I no longer appear to be the one not using logic.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #65 - February 05, 2010, 11:21 AM

Huh?

Why create mean perfect, and give us a foreskin, and  then order us to mutilate children in order to rid ourselves of it?  Are we a faulty design?

I already said that, skimming again?   whistling2

Why god created the penis with a prepuce, then order us to cut it off, He could not do it himself, was he squeemish? Was it a design error? Why animals get to keep it, and men have to cut it off?

Reply #66 - February 05, 2010, 12:51 PM

If societies like Britain have organised themselves in a manner that is consensual, and in such a way to try to maximise equality of all people, in which individuals have equal opportunities for success, in which all people are equal in law, in which men and women are equal, in which there is no such thing as a 'kuffar', in which there is freedom of conscience and religion, in which these principles have been hard fought for and hard won, and liberal, secular democracy is the consensual culture - why do many Muslims carry out dawah, or dream of a future in which Islam influences the public domain outside of the confines of personal belief? Isn't this crass, stupid and imperialistic? Why does Islam so often have an impulse to impose itself on non Muslim societies, in the belief that it is performing a favour and what is right, in such a way that will curtail the principles and freedoms that those societies have as their aspiration and practise?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #67 - February 05, 2010, 12:56 PM

Isn't a moderate muslim usually a progressive and modernist muslim?  so many of these questions won't work since they are quite able to dismiss hadiths and dismiss half of the questions along with it.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #68 - February 05, 2010, 12:57 PM

I agree with z10 on this one. Those questions fall on deaf ears if they are underpinned by faith. It's that foundational stone that needs to be dislodged, which will make the above questions superfluous (for me anway). So here are a couple of questions that I would ask.

That is true, but I also think that asking questions like this can lodge in the mind of a Muslim and like a slow burning dynamite fuse, explode after a period of time, making belief unstable, because they do challenge some of the presumptions of the culture and ideology and presumptions of Islam. I know that discovering the truth about Mo, for example, did much to make me reconsider Islam in totality, and I know that others have followed a similar route.

God is Love.

Reply #69 - February 05, 2010, 01:00 PM

i see a moderate muslim is somebody who fits the majority muslim description.  They dont fit into the wahhabi camp, but also are not in the sufi camp.  They believe the quran is the word of god and the sahih hadith are correct, most have never studied Islam and rely on second-hand information.

However being moderate, they normally shift their stance on the sahih hadith once they see whats contained within them.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #70 - February 05, 2010, 04:06 PM

Did Allah fail as a parent to teach Iblis manners?
     Reply #71 - February 05, 2010, 04:09 PM

Did Allah fail as a parent to teach Iblis manners?

whistling2

don h8 me bro

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #72 - February 05, 2010, 04:12 PM

Did Allah, himself fail to save Satan going the wrong path?

Even after Satan SAW and HAD evidence of Allahs greatness, why did he reject it?  Huh?
     Reply #73 - February 05, 2010, 04:15 PM

whistling2

don h8 me bro

Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #74 - February 05, 2010, 04:18 PM

Did Allah, himself fail to save Satan going the wrong path?

because he allowed satan his free will

Even after Satan SAW and HAD evidence of Allahs greatness, why did he reject it?  Huh?

Because he saw unjustness is Allah preferring the human race over him. And rightly so, as satan had not put a foot wrong up until that point.  Rough justice, about right for Allah.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #75 - February 05, 2010, 11:01 PM

Why did Mohammed say Arabs are the best of people? What proof does he have for this? How can he say this when the earliest converts came from Etopia and Persia?

Why do we speak arabic in Heaven? How is it possible that a langauge that has evolved from Aramic is the final language for all of mankind, a language which btw has not spread the way English has or French or Latin. And is it classical arabic? Is it the Quraish accent?
     Reply #76 - February 05, 2010, 11:28 PM

Why didn't Allah protect all the other religious texts that came before the quran?

Why did Allah wait until 570 AD to send a universal messenger for the ummah??

Why is that we cannot find a single record of monotheism before the late bronze age?

Why didn't Allah's message ever reach the Ancient Americas??

Do you believe that a poor Christian, Sub-Saharan African youngster who dies at the age 18 because of malaria will spent eternally in hell??

Why does the Quran contain Duas??
    Who is Allah making dua to?

Do you believe in Black magic??

Why is Allah's message constantly changing e.g:-  Not banning Alcohol on all the other ummahs that came before the prophet Mohammed.

In heaven apparently we will never think about "immoral" stuff, feel sorrow, jealousy, sadness, pain, boredom or shyness. Don't you think that even though these feelings are not exactly fun, they are part of what makes us human and without these basic emotions that make us reflect onto ourselves and understand ourselves and others better, we really are not that different from most other animals.

The quran often criticizes idolaters because they are merely following the religion of their parents, how is that different from 99% of muslims who follow islam because their parents were Muslims?
     Reply #77 - February 05, 2010, 11:34 PM

Why is Allah invisible? 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #78 - February 05, 2010, 11:37 PM

Why is masterbation a sin? who is it harming really?

If you're so devout, how come I am not dead?
     Reply #79 - February 05, 2010, 11:46 PM

Do you believe that the Quran is the word of God?  If so then how do you explain this verse:

6:104 Proofs have come unto you from your Lord, so whoso seeth, it is for his own good, and whoso is blind is blind to his own hurt. And I am not a keeper over you.

or this verse...

6:114 Shall I seek other than Allah for judge, when He it is Who hath revealed unto you (this) Scripture, fully explained ? Those unto whom We gave the Scripture (aforetime) know that it is revealed from thy Lord in truth. So be not thou (O Muhammad) of the waverers.

or this verse...

37:164 There is not one of us but hath his known position.37:165 Lo! we, even we are they who set the ranks,

or this verse...

51:50 Therefor flee unto Allah; lo! I am a plain warner unto you from him.

or this verse...

84:16 Oh, I swear by the afterglow of sunset

Reply #80 - February 05, 2010, 11:50 PM

Why is the Lord of the Universe, the omnipotent creator of all that exists, the eternal, immutable author of existence, unable to make his chosen believers anything more than a minority amongst kuffars on planet Earth?

And what was Allah doing for the billions of years before humankind existed, and then developed reading and writing and settled organised society, up until he decided to send his message to a man in the desert in a language spoken by a tiny, marginal group of humanity?

Why doesn't Allah give his ummah superpowers, like Jedi mind-control tricks, in order to make the kuffar submit to Islam?

God is Love.

Reply #81 - February 07, 2010, 05:58 PM

(For those Muslims who claim that Aisha "matured early"):

If girls in Arabia matured early (which is why Muhammad could have sex with Aisha) - how old did the boys of the Banu Qurayza to be executed?   

(The hadith about "those that had pubic hair")
     Reply #82 - February 07, 2010, 06:25 PM

Why does the quran say that everything was made in pairs when their are organisms that reproduce asexually?

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #83 - February 07, 2010, 07:15 PM

Why does Allah have so many human characteristics? Why is he angry, jealous, and controlling? I mean, how can he let tiny and insignificant humans (whom he created and planned out btw) bother him so much? Doesn't he plan everything anyways? Doesn't he know what's going to happen? If so, why does he express anger towards his own creations?

Why is Allah both passive and aggressive? DAMMIT, DO WE HAVE FREE WILL OR NOT? Why does he play this cruel game of being the powerful omniscient creator proclaiming that everything was his plan all along yet still pinning responsibility on us?

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #84 - February 07, 2010, 09:39 PM

Why does the quran say that everything was made in pairs when their are organisms that reproduce asexually?

Excellent  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #85 - February 07, 2010, 09:42 PM

Brings tears of joy to my eye.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #86 - February 07, 2010, 10:03 PM

I am not sure where I exactly heard it (I think in school), that this verse refers to the fact that all matter is made of positively charged particles (protons) and negatively charged ones (electrons), i.e. pairs.
    You could ask what about neutrons though.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #87 - February 08, 2010, 09:40 AM

How did Mohammed finanace the Ummah during Medina?
     Reply #88 - February 08, 2010, 09:48 AM

Robbing caravans, basically.

Oh, did I say something wrong? Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #89 - February 08, 2010, 09:52 AM

The Khadijah Fund

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »