Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Re: Discussion between Debunker & Hassan [SPLIT]

(Read 7765 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Discussion between Debunker & Hassan [SPLIT]
     OP - February 03, 2010, 07:38 PM

Look im sorry to post here, probably not right, u may delete my post.

BUT i needed to ask the question, the tasks, the life that you must LIVE according to the qu'ran is really difficult, they're
    are so many things if u do, u will be doomed forever in hell.

Wine, Adultery, Fornication are just some of them.

What kind of god would want to burn someone for something like this? There are pro's and con's of each of these things.

Adultery can lead to unwanted pregnancy -
    Adultery can be a fun +
  • Re: Discussion between Debunker & Hassan
     Reply #1 - February 03, 2010, 07:44 PM

Adultery can be a fun +

Wow, only 4 posts and your already laying down the awesome. Nice! cool2

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

• Re: Re: Discussion between Debunker & Hassan [SPLIT]
     Reply #2 - May 14, 2010, 11:34 PM

BUT i needed to ask the question, the tasks, the life that you must LIVE according to the qu'ran is really difficult, they're

What kind of god would want to burn someone for something like this? There are pro's and con's of each of these things.

Adultery can be a fun +

As far as i understand, in islam you may go to heaven even if you did the worst of all things. I remember there was a haidth about a women who was doing lots of crap then she fed a dog and went to heaven.

I do not know how did she go to heaven if the judgement is not here yet but thats what the haidth says.

Regardless of going anywhere.. the whole concept does not make sense though, the very existence of a god who is watching over us all the time is not convincing..
     Reply #3 - June 03, 2010, 09:19 PM

Adultery can be a fun +

Alcohol is not haraam in the Quran, but it is said there is danger in it for humans. Who can disagree with that? But we all know from history, what happens when alkohol is forbidden in a society. The moonshining (home made boose) becomes rampant, and a lot of other criminality besides.

Going behind anothers back in marriage, must be the worst blow a marriage can have, and I think we all have seen some terrible consecuens(?) of this kind of betrayel? But to make fornication illegal in a society, is like making alcohol illegal, but it should be strived to make us better than that. To be honest and not lie. To stay or to go.

When I read in here, I see a lot of people on left side in politic, people that symphetize with other humans on this planet, and I ask my self if your earlier background as muslims, has coloured your view on politic, humanrights, freedom of fate? I think it has, but maybe I am wrrong?

I

Reply #4 - June 03, 2010, 09:37 PM

I dont think I have changed that much, I think I always let me humanist side take precedence over my Muslim side.  I mostly remained an apologist muslim, with a huge uncomfortable degree of cognitive dissonance, which enabled me to free myself from its shackles.

If I remember correctly, you joined as an muslim apologist.  Have you views changed or is that where you stand currently?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - June 03, 2010, 10:16 PM

I dont think I have changed that much, I think I always let me humanist side take precedence over my Muslim side.  I mostly remained an apologist muslim, with a huge uncomfortable degree of cognitive dissonance, which enabled me to free myself from its shackles.

If I remember correctly, you joined as an muslim apologist.  Have you views changed or is that where you stand currently?

I think I am still here, a humanist muslim apologist, but I can feel the cognitive dissonance, from time to time, maybe more frequently than before, and it is terrifying!

I can not belive that I could ever let go, it makes me dissy.

It gives me comfort to read here, because a lot of you here, are good people.

I wish you and all of yours, well beeing Islame!

Reply #6 - June 03, 2010, 11:20 PM

Your version of Islam brings no harm to anybody so if its a source of comfort, then please do stick with it  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - June 03, 2010, 11:54 PM

I agree.

Although, personally, I couldn't do it.  If it's not true, fook it, I'm off.
    I prefer evidence-based belief, rather than comfort-based belief, but I respect other people's right to believe whatever they want, so long as they don't try to force it on others.  Or promote Homeopathy (or other pseudoscience) for the national health service.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #8 - June 04, 2010, 08:19 AM

I think I am still here, a humanist muslim apologist, but I can feel the cognitive dissonance, from time to time, maybe more frequently than before, and it is terrifying!

I can not belive that I could ever let go, it makes me dissy.

It gives me comfort to read here, because a lot of you here, are good people.

I wish you and all of yours, well beeing Islame!

far away hug
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »