Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: My reply to skynightblaze

(Read 27137 times)
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My reply to skynightblaze
     OP - February 01, 2010, 08:32 PM

In this now-closed topic, skynightblaze reply to one of my earlier posts (he mistakenly quoted me as Iblis). Since the topic has been locked due to complaints, I decided to start a new thread in order to respond to skynightblze

Quote from: my original comment
    Exactly. I'm getting fed up with this too. Most people here in Britain are starting to actually believe that all Muslims are practicing Taqqiya while on a mission to Islamize the West and establish a worldwide caliphate based on Sharia. I once got in a discussion with two fellas in a pub about Islam. At first it took'em 5 mins to believe I'm an atheist and not some sorta Muslim secret agent. You wouldn't believe what kinda of bullshit they believe. And it's all because of the Steyns of the internet.

Quote from: skynightblaze's response
    Ask how many knowledgeable muslims agree that islam sponsors terrorism?  The answer is very few. I think there should be no disagreement about that.  SO aren't those knowledgeable muslims  lying for the sake of religion when they say this? ISnt this  Taqiyya? By  knowledgeable muslims I mean those who have read atleast the quran as I cant blame the people who haven?t read the quran.  Also those muslims who support horrendous crimes like stoning ,cutting hands of the thieves deserve blame .WE will try educating such people but if still the person persists in following them  then we don't respect such fucking morons! There is no reason why we should respect them. Supporting crimes like these make you a potential criminal if not in the real sense.

The excuse that muslims are brainwashed and since their religion tells them these things they behave that way holds only for a limited amount of time.If even after being repeatedly shown that he is in error if he still doesn?t accept  and tries to play tricks then they don?t  deserve any respect . I also  say this because there are apostates who are exception to this. Even apostates are brought up in the same environment as other muslims but yet they come out of islam and accept that its faulty after being shown clear cut errors so the argument that muslims behave the way they do is because of islam is not 100 % correct though its correct upto some extent .It does depend on the individual too.

Bear in mind that Kafirs too are humans and they have limited tolerance.If the muslim often tries to play Taqqiya over the internet why should a kafir not be careful before trusting muslims as it happened in your case? They would think twice before believing you that you are not a muslim as happened in your case. Don?t blame us or the people of Britain who doubted you  but blame the muslims who practice Taqiyya because they are responsible for this.IF you don?t like to be called that way you better stop doing that.Its as simple as that. Again its not just 1 or 2 muslims doing that but its majority of them who play Taqiyya. Just go to any Islamic forum and see how they respond to your posts.Just feel the lies they spew out to defend their religion. Even when shown they are in error they would still accuse you of not understanding and would start abusing you or would ban you or keep lying or try playing tricks. Btw do you think that we accuse some one of playing Taqiyya only for the sake of  calling him a liar? IF yes then you are dead wrong.We can prove what we accuse anyone of .

FFI  calls  spade a spade. We wont give fucking respect who deserves none.Tag of being muslim wont help.The same applies to non muslims too. Respect is something that should always be commanded and not demanded. Do things that will earn respect and we shall respect you. That?s our policy.In the process if we are unfair to any muslim we also would have no shame to admit that we were wrong but not otherwise.

You first paragraph is quite incoherent, even indecipherable. You concede right away that there are very few "knowledgeable" Muslims. I think you mean by this that most Muslims haven't studied Islam in depth and just follow it simply because they have inherited from their parents. If that's what you mean then I'm inclined to agree with you on that. From my own experience many Muslims are really ignorant of some very cardinal teachings and practices of Islam.

You also assert that all those "knowledgeable" Muslim must be practicing Taqiyya. I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. Taqiyya means lying and pretending to be non-pious/moderate while hiding your piety in order to achieve political gain or in order to save your life. I personally know many well-versed Muslims who don't practice Taqiyya. They simply interpret the Quran differently and I don't blame them for it. After all the Quran was written by men and it's bound to be self-contradictory. Extremists cherry-pick what they like (ie the "bad parts") while the liberal/moderate Muslims focus on the "good" parts. Some, like the MCB and Tariq Ramadam, who do this cherry-picking are indeed practicing Taqiyya. However most, like say my dad, do this cherry-picking just because it makes them at peace with themselves and their religion.
    My dad is against stoning, cutting hand, terrorism..etc. He has Christian and Mandaean friends and has accepted his son's apostasy. He listens to music and has no problem with his daughter not wearing any Hijab. Sure he's not following the Quran literally because if he is, he should have slit my throat while I'm asleep the same night I announced my apostasy. He should also throw out his Umm Kulthum CDs and make his daughter wear Hijab. He's not doing so because he wants to be a good person while maintaining his religion and in order to achieve both he's willing to make a compromise and ignore parts of the Quran. Unfortunately, he's still homophobic and has told me that he thinks they are "the sociopaths of the bottom of society". I tried to reason with him and change his view but didn't succeed. I don't think it would be fair to call him "a fucking moron". By applying that standard, more than half of the American populace would be "fucking morons who there is no reason to respect".

In your third paragraph, you once again claim that "its not just 1 or 2 muslims doing that but its majority of them who play Taqiyya. Just go to any Islamic forum and see how they respond to your posts.Just feel the lies they spew out to defend their religio". This is pure bullshit. I think you are a moron if you think the majority of Muslims practice Taqiyya. Many Muslims like my dad have never been to an internet forum and if you ask him he will not hide his beliefs whether it is the tolerant beliefs or the homophobic ones.

According to your outlook, it's the safe option to not believe ALL Muslims; it's smart to distrust them all before getting to know them; it's shrewd to assume that everybody with a Muslim name is a Taqiyya-practicing terrorist.
    Frankly, I don't want to wast my time replying to such vile collectivist nonsense. And if all other FFIers think like you do, then I'm glad that I have never been to that forum.

Also Iblis we are waiting for you to respond to Ansar . Lets see how you do here .
    http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5270

I'm not Iblis. I'm Iraqi Atheist.
  • Re: My reply to skynightblaze
     Reply #1 - February 02, 2010, 07:15 AM

+1

I was a muslim. Knew my religion fairly well. Never practised Taqiya. As far as I know it was only meant to be used as a last resort, if your life was in danger. I mean literally if your life was in danger. How often does that happen?
     Reply #2 - February 03, 2010, 09:48 AM

I found you polite and that?s why I am replying to you. IF you are nice to me then I  too would be nice to you. Anyway I would stand corrected if proven wrong .Having said this I would like to debate you here.

Quote from: ?Iraqi Atheist?
    You first paragraph is quite incoherent, even indecipherable. You concede right away that there are very few "knowledgeable" Muslims. I think you mean by this that most Muslims haven't studied Islam in depth and just follow it simply because they have inherited from their parents. If that's what you mean then I'm inclined to agree with you on that. From my own experience many Muslims are really ignorant of some very cardinal teachings and practices of Islam.

That is not the point I am trying to make .

You also assert that all those "knowledgeable" Muslim must be practicing Taqiyya. I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. Taqiyya means lying and pretending to be non-pious/moderate while hiding your piety in order to achieve political gain or in order to save your life. I personally know many well-versed Muslims who don't practice Taqiyya. They simply interpret the Quran differently and I don't blame them for it. After all the Quran was written by men and it's bound to be self-contradictory. Extremists cherry-pick what they like (ie the "bad parts") while the liberal/moderate Muslims focus on the "good" parts. Some, like the MCB and Tariq Ramadam, who do this cherry-picking are indeed practicing Taqiyya.

I may have been unclear here and I accept it. Let me make up for it.Taqiyya is also about disguising your faith to protect the honour and integrity of islam if the need arises.Its not just about protecting your life. Its also about protecting your religion when its in danger of losing credibility. What you are trying to say here  is knowledgeable muslims do not necessarily practice Taqiyya because they have a different interpretation. Now well the first question to be asked here is does a different interpretation exist? Ofcourse not ! It means these muslims are  doing  cherry picking and trying to give it a different interpretation by ignoring the nasty verses which actually incite violence.Now there could be 2 possible reasons for this i.e  either these muslims are lying or they do it out of ignorance . So lets go one step ahead to find out what they are really upto.All we have to do is carry out a debate with them. Please invite your knowledgeable muslims here on this forum.I shall debate them and show them that their interpretation is completely wrong and islam really promotes terrorism.Now the question is would they accept that they are wrong and I am right? Would they openly acknowledge that islam does sponsor terrorism? Ask yourself honestly this question .How many muslims have you seen on the internet forum accepting islam sponsors terrorism when the kafirs prove it to them?

If your friends accept that I am right then the conclusion would be they really had a different interpretation out of ignorance of islam but if they deny and maintain their view its clear that they are practicing Taqiyya because I have clearly shown them how their interpretation is wrong.The basic defense of muslims is that the verses relating to terrorism are for self defense. Well self defense is prescribed by islam but in addition to self defense islam prescribes offensive fighting.
    Its one thing to keep your beliefs to yourself and its other thing to tell kafirs that your interpretation of islam is wrong and mine is right.When these knowledgeable muslims say this  to non muslims even when convincing proofs have been provided to them then its clear that they are practicing Taqiyya .

However most, like say my dad, do this cherry-picking just because it makes them at peace with themselves and their religion.My dad is against stoning, cutting hand, terrorism..etc. He has Christian and Mandaean friends and has accepted his son's apostasy. He listens to music and has no problem with his daughter not wearing any Hijab. Sure he's not following the Quran literally because if he is, he should have slit my throat while I'm asleep the same night I announced my apostasy. He should also throw out his Umm Kulthum CDs and make his daughter wear Hijab. He's not doing so because he wants to be a good person while maintaining his religion and in order to achieve both he's willing to make a compromise and ignore parts of the Quran. Unfortunately, he's still homophobic and has told me that he thinks they are "the sociopaths of the bottom of society". I tried to reason with him and change his view but didn't succeed. I don't think it would be fair to call him "a fucking moron". By applying that standard, more than half of the American populace would be "fucking morons who there is no reason to respect".

I already said in my post that I cant blame people who haven?t read the quran because they are bound to spew lies because they really dont know what their religion tells them but I do have a problem with then when they maintain their claim even proofs are shown to them which indicate otherwise .

My claim is  either knowledgeable or ignorant muslims when shown that islam is bad should accept it . If they say that their interpretation is correct and ours is wrong then they are practicing Taqiyya.That is what happens when you reason with most of the muslims atleast on internet ( I never dared to speak to a muslim about his religion in real life) and there is no denying this and hence that?s why I accuse most of the muslims of playing Taqiyya. Your dad to start with isn?t a muslim in the real sense.Also if he accepts the naked truths about his religion then he is honest and cannot be accused of playing Taqiyya.

In your third paragraph, you once again claim that "its not just 1 or 2 muslims doing that but its majority of them who play Taqiyya. Just go to any Islamic forum and see how they respond to your posts.Just feel the lies they spew out to defend their religio". This is pure bullshit. I think you are a moron if you think the majority of Muslims practice Taqiyya. Many Muslims like my dad have never been to an internet forum and if you ask him he will not hide his beliefs whether it is the tolerant beliefs or the homophobic ones.

Again I repeat if your dad accepts the naked truths about islam then he is clearly not playing taqiyya .The moment he tells us that our interpretation of islam is wrong and his is correct even when he is shown otherwise then he can be clearly accused of lying for protecting image of islam i.e Taqiyya.

According to your outlook, it's the safe option to not believe ALL Muslims; it's smart to distrust them all before getting to know them; it's shrewd to assume that everybody with a Muslim name is a Taqiyya-practicing terrorist.
    Frankly, I don't want to wast my time replying to such vile collectivist nonsense. And if all other FFIers think like you do, then I'm glad that I have never been to that forum.

Well what you say is complete nonsense because you cant see the muslims from the point of view of non muslims eventhough you are one now because you were a muslim one time and I think you have a softcorner for muslims which makes you deny that they actually practice Taqiyya.If we see Taqiyya all over the internet then non muslims are bound to be careful while dealing with muslims.A point to be noted is that I never said that we shouldn?t trust them at all. I said we should be careful before we trust them.Its ridiculous that you want the non muslims to be like saints and ignore what the muslims do . We too are humans and have feelings.Bear in mind no dog lover goes around to hug those breeds with a reputation for viciousness even if some of them might not be actually vicious.Same is the case here.

Finally if you dont want to post on FFI none is forcing you . Even we are glad that we dont have the likes of you .

Also Iblis we are waiting for you to respond to Ansar . Lets see how you do here .
    http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5270

I'm not Iblis. I'm Iraqi Atheist.

Fine . I stand corrected.
     Reply #3 - February 03, 2010, 10:08 AM

I found you polite and that?s why I am replying to you. IF you are nice to me then I  too would be nice to you.

Well what you say is complete nonsense

Even we are glad that we dont have the likes of you .

fuck you
     Reply #4 - February 03, 2010, 10:32 AM

Skynightblaze, could you please respond again once you understand Taqiyyah.

If you ask Sunni Muslims, the vast majority of them would not know what it is. It is not a Sunni Muslim concept, it is a Shia concept. And even then, the whole point of taqiyya is to conceal faith when under threat. The purpose of Taqiyyah is not to conceal your faith in a covert bid to deceive people about Islam in a bid for world domination.

So to say that Muslims are using Taqiyyah in an effort to take control of the west is farcical.

By the way, I have also heard a Sunni Muslim saying that Shias are using Taqiyyah in the same way that your lot say that Muslims use Taqiyyah; i.e. a sinister bid to deceive in order to promote their religious agenda. This leads me to conclude that an accusation of Taqiyyah is a useful tool to use in order to attack your opponent

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #5 - February 03, 2010, 11:12 AM

Quote from: Aliadiere
    , could you please respond again once you understand Taqiyyah.

If you ask Sunni Muslims, the vast majority of them would not know what it is. It is not a Sunni Muslim concept, it is a Shia concept. And even then, the whole point of taqiyya is to conceal faith when under threat. The purpose of Taqiyyah is not to conceal your faith in a covert bid to deceive people about Islam in a bid for world domination.

So to say that Muslims are using Taqiyyah in an effort to take control of the west is farcical.

By the way, I have also heard a Sunni Muslim saying that Shias are using Taqiyyah in the same way that your lot say that Muslims use Taqiyyah; i.e. a sinister bid to deceive in order to promote their religious agenda. This leads me to conclude that an accusation of Taqiyyah is a useful tool to use in order to attack your opponent

YA I checked it . Here is what I found on WIkipedia.

Quote from: Wikipedia
    The word "al-taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing or disguising one's beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of imminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury." In political terms, it is used by critics of Islam to describe what they see as intentional concealment of Islamic doctrines in order to gain influence and deceive so-called "enemies of Islam". A one-word translation would be "dissimulation." [4][citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

What is meant by "Mental Injury" here? .I see losing of islam  as a mental injury for muslims.When islam loses credibility isnt it a mental injury for muslims? They do feel bad and thats why I see  Taqiyya does mean  lying for protecting integrity of islam. . Also see the last sentence that I have bolded.

As far as  I know Taqiyya has basis even in sunni muslims. Muhhamad allowed his men to lie  to Kab Ashraf so that they could kill him . Now Kab was no way any threat to Muhhamad. I am talking about a sahih  hadith so its sunni.Anyway I will do some research on this and get back to you.

Reply #6 - February 03, 2010, 11:13 AM

I dont consider these things as insult or a sign of impoliteness. I also said he was polite even when he used the same words for FFI and me.
     Reply #7 - February 03, 2010, 11:16 AM

@aliadiere,

This is how the world understands taqiyya:

Within the Shia theological framework,[1] the concept of taqiyya (تقية - 'fear, guard against', also taghiyeh)[2] refers to a dispensation allowing believers to conceal their faith when under threat, persecution or compulsion.[3]

The word "al-taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing or disguising one's beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of imminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury." In political terms, it is used by critics of Islam to describe what they see as intentional concealment of Islamic doctrines in order to gain influence and deceive so-called "enemies of Islam". A one-word translation would be "dissimulation."

If you focus on the words in bold, you would agree that "lying" or "deception" in general can be considered to be taqiyya if practiced by a Muslim with respect to Islam. When Islam is subjected to criticism, it may/does cause mental injury etc etc. I can expand on what I am saying but I hope you get my point.

I don't know if you have read the following:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Index/T/taqiyya.html

Sunni Muslims and taqiyya

However, although taqiyya is usually seen as a Shia doctrine only, it is practiced and taught also by Sunni Muslims, cf. the discussion of friendship with unbelievers in the entry on FRIENDS. Here just one quotation from a Sunni website, Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com), advising in regard to making friends with non-Muslims:

"Let not the believers take the disbelievers as Awliyaa' (supporters, helpers) instead of the believers, and whoever does that, will never be helped by Allaah in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them" [Aal 'Imraan 3:28]

This verse explains all the verses quoted above which forbid taking the kaafirs as friends in general terms. What that refers to is in cases where one has a choice, but in cases of fear and TAQIYYAH it is permissible to make friends with them, as much as is essential to protect oneself against their evil. That is subject to the condition that one's faith should not be affected by that friendship and the one who is behaves in that manner out of necessity is not one who behaves in that manner out of choice.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-'Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on mixing with the kuffaar and treating them kindly hoping that they will become Muslim. He replied:

Undoubtedly the Muslim is obliged to HATE the enemies of Allaah and to disavow them, because this is the way of the Messengers and their followers...

Based on this, it is not permissible for a Muslim to feel any love in his heart towards the enemies of Allaah who are in fact his enemies too...

But if a Muslim treats them with KINDNESS and gentleness in the hope that they will become Muslim and will believe, there is nothing wrong with that, because it comes under the heading of opening their hearts to Islam. But if he despairs of them becoming Muslim, then he should treat them accordingly. This is something that is discussed in detail by the scholars, especially in the book Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah by Ibn al-Qayyim ... (Question #59879: What is meant by taking the kuffaar as friends? Ruling on mixing with the kuffaar; bold and capital emphasis ours)

Please try to understand that when Muslims are criticized in harsh terms, it is those Muslims who know and still believe and support Islam. Muslims who know but do not follow or support the barbarism taught in the Quran, those who are unaware of what inhumanity is commanded in the Quran, and those who do not know what sort of an evil man Muhammad was, are excluded from the criticism by default.

A father who does not kill his apostate son is not included in such a criticism. A father/brother who does not kill his daughter/sister for marrying or loving a non-Muslim is not included in such a criticism. A Muslim who does not support stoning, cutting off of hands or crucifixion is not included in such a criticism.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #8 - February 03, 2010, 11:26 AM

@Aliadiere

http://www.answering-
    ansar.org/answers/taqiyyah/en/index.php

Could you please check the above link? It describes what Taqiyya is all about.Also Taqiyya is practiced by Sunni muslims too as charles showed and the article too proves it. I will still find more evidence to show you that sunnis to practice Taqiyya.
     Reply #9 - February 03, 2010, 11:58 AM

I have been a sunni muslim for a good chunk of my life and only ever heard of the concept of taqiyah after my apostasy.

A vast majority of Muslims have no clue what that is. And by vast majority I'd venture to say 99% of them.

The accusation of taqiyah is typical bigoted reactionary behavior seeking to find fault and sinister motives on anything a Muslim may do. Similar bigotry is used against shiites by sunnis who accuse them of employing taqiyah.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #10 - February 03, 2010, 12:09 PM

Quote from: Iblis
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been a sunni muslim for a good chunk of my life and only ever heard of the concept of taqiyah after my apostasy.

A vast majority of Muslims have no clue what that is. And by vast majority I'd venture to say 99% of them.

Quran does support Taqiyya . Quran is also a sunni source. Check the article that I gave to Aliadiere.

@ALL

Here is a thought. FOr a second lets assume that Taqiyya is not a part of sunni muslim sources but Sunni muslims also do what he/she  does when they play Taqiyya. So if the definition of Taqiyya is satisfied by any indivodual cant we say that they play Taqiyya? Please remember the crux of my argument is majority of muslims play Taqiyya so when  a sunni muslim lies to protect the credibility of his  religion then its Taqiyya because Taqiyya is all about lying to protect yourself from mental or physical injury.The concept may have been originated by Shias but yet Sunnis to follow it and hence they can be accused of playing Taqiyya.
     Reply #11 - February 03, 2010, 12:12 PM

Quran does support Taqiyya . Quran is also a sunni source. Check the article that I gave to Aliadiere.

@ALL

Here is a thought. FOr a second lets assume that Taqiyya is not a part of sunni muslim sources but Sunni muslims also do what he/she  does when they play Taqiyya. So if the definition of Taqiyya is satisfied by any indivodual cant we say that they play Taqiyya? Please remember the crux of my argument is majority of muslims play Taqiyya so when  a sunni muslim lies to protect the credibility of his  religion then its Taqiyya because Taqiyya is all about lying to protect yourself from mental or physical injury.

'

Uh what?

So repeat for me clearly what you're saying.. you believe that a majority of Muslims are engaging in deliberate deception and conspiracy to fool the kuffar?

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #12 - February 03, 2010, 12:14 PM

@Iblis

I only want to say that most of the muslims play Taqiyya to preserve the honour of islam.
     Reply #13 - February 03, 2010, 12:15 PM

If that really is what he is saying, I feel sorry for him and where his mind has gone. Get well soon SNB.
     Reply #14 - February 03, 2010, 12:16 PM

Wow, really just wow. Yeah, you're a good example of why FFI is the domain of scum and villainy.

SkyNightBlaze can read the minds and motives of a majority of Muslims. He's like a Jedi, only not cool.

Reply #15 - February 03, 2010, 10:13 PM

Quote from: skynightblaze
    Now well the first question to be asked here is does a different interpretation exist? Ofcourse not

Are you serious? if so, why there are so many different different schools of Fiqh?

If your friends accept that I am right then the conclusion would be they really had a different interpretation out of ignorance of islam but if they deny and maintain their view its clear that they are practicing Taqiyya because I have clearly shown them how their interpretation is wrong

Why are you so smug? why does YOUR interpretation HAVE to be true?

Your dad to start with isn?t a muslim in the real sense.Also if he accepts the naked truths about his religion then he is honest and cannot be accused of playing Taqiyya.

So are Catholics who support gay right Catholic in the real sense?

Again I repeat if your dad accepts the naked truths about islam then he is clearly not playing taqiyya .The moment he tells us that our interpretation of islam is wrong and his is correct even when he is shown otherwise then he can be clearly accused of lying for protecting image of islam i.e Taqiyya.

You clearly don't know what Taqiyya is. If my dad maintains his inaccurate views even after being shown the flaws, this still doesn't mean he's practicing Taqiyya. It means he's erroneous.

Well what you say is complete nonsense because you cant see the muslims from the point of view of non muslims eventhough you are one now because you were a muslim one time and I think you have a softcorner for muslims which makes you deny that they actually practice Taqiyya

I don't have a soft corner for Muslims. If anything I am more against Islam than I should be. Read my other posts before making baseless assertions.

Finally if you dont want to post on FFI none is forcing you . Even we are glad that we dont have the likes of you.

I guess I'm not bigoted enough for you guys.
     Reply #16 - February 03, 2010, 10:15 PM

Quote from: Iblis

The accusation of taqiyah is typical bigoted reactionary behavior seeking to find fault and sinister motives on anything a Muslim may do. Similar bigotry is used against shiites by sunnis who accuse them of employing taqiyah.

Ditto.

Quote from: Ludo
    If that really is what he is saying, I feel sorry for him and where his mind has gone. Get well soon SNB.

+1
     Reply #17 - February 05, 2010, 02:41 AM

Are you serious? if so, why there are so many different different schools of Fiqh?

Excuse me,  you are not even keeping track of what I am saying. WE were talking about islam sponsoring terrorism. I asked you how many muslims would accept that islam sponsors terrorism. You said they have a different interpretation  and hence I asked  you whether  a different interpretation  really exists. AS far as islam sponsoring terrorism is concerned none can deny that it does.Lets see the original source i.e quran which is accepted by all muslims:

[009:029]
      Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued

The typical excuse given by muslims here is that this verse is asking us to fight those who attacked Muhhamad i.e in self defense . IS that the case? Does it sound like self defense? The verse clearly asks you to fight until people accept islam.You are not required to do any of these in case of self defense. So please explain us how a different interpretation of this verse exists?

Also majority of muslims are sunni muslims. To prove islam sponsors terrorism from the hadiths is a piece of cake . Below is the link where I have addressed what Jihad is all about. None can even think of Jihad as an act of self defense after reading my post here.You may read it if you want .You should if you really think that there is confusion as to whether islam sponsors terrorism or not.

http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5516&start=140

Quote from: ?Skynightblaze?
    If your friends accept that I am right then the conclusion would be they really had a different interpretation out of ignorance of islam but if they deny and maintain their view its clear that they are practicing Taqiyya because I have clearly shown them how their interpretation is wrong

Why are you so smug? why does YOUR interpretation HAVE to be true?

My interpretation has to be true because I back myself with logic and proofs. Read the link and refute my claim that islam sponsors terrorism if you  can.I have provided quran as well as hadiths to back my claims so there is no excuse for any muslim to claim that islam doesn?t sponsor terrorism.If  I am refuted I will stand corrected.

our dad to start with isn?t a muslim in the real sense.Also if he accepts the naked truths about his religion then he is honest and cannot be accused of playing Taqiyya.

So are Catholics who support gay right Catholic in the real sense?

What is your point here?

You clearly don't know what Taqiyya is. If my dad maintains his inaccurate views even after being shown the flaws, this still doesn't mean he's practicing Taqiyya. It means he's erroneous.

Its you who doesn?t know what Taqiyya is all about. Read Charleslemartel ?s and my posts to Aliadiere.She/he raised the same objection and  I and Charleslemartel have refuted it.Its not just about physical injury. Check the posts in this very same thread.

Also the part in bold is bullshit! Its not just about maintaining inaccurate views but telling the kafirs that their view is wrong and theirs is right. That?s why I say muslims are lying when they repeat their claims because they have already been shown that their view is incorrect.A honest guy would confess and not be stubborn .

How many times are we supposed to accept the excuse  "errorneous beliefs"? I explain them once,twice,thrice and on and on but they still maintain their claims and tell kafirs that they are right and kafirs are wrong. Its nothing but lying! You tell people something other than the truth even when you are shown convincing proofs repeatedly  then you are lying .Period! As I say we kafirs would not always be kind to keep tolerating nonsense from muslims. WE use a simple word for such people i.e ?Liars?.

Well what you say is complete nonsense because you cant see the muslims from the point of view of non muslims eventhough you are one now because you were a muslim one time and I think you have a softcorner for muslims which makes you deny that they actually practice Taqiyya

I don't have a soft corner for Muslims. If anything I am more against Islam than I should be. Read my other posts before making baseless assertions.

You are not keeping a track of the discussion .I said you have soft spot for muslims and not islam. Its you who needs to read your own post before posting the next time.

Finally if you dont want to post on FFI none is forcing you . Even we are glad that we dont have the likes of you.

I guess I'm not bigoted enough for you guys.

You aren?t capable of understanding the point or concern that we have because as I can clearly see that you don?t want to call spade a spade.You still didn?t answer my question. How many muslims do you know honestly confess  in a debate that they are wrong and quran is a lie? Its not a rocket science. If you use common sense you get the answer. IF the answer is very few its proves my point!

Reply #18 - February 05, 2010, 02:43 AM

Quote from: ?Iblis?
    Wow, really just wow. Yeah, you're a good example of why FFI is the domain of scum and villainy.

SkyNightBlaze can read the minds and motives of a majority of Muslims. He's like a Jedi, only not cool

Its clear that you don?t understand what I say. I base myself on logic. I say what I see. I have made the conclusion after providing logic and not after reading people?s mind . Read my posts again. If majority of muslims lie when it comes to defending their religion.Thats Taqiyya. Nothing can be more simple than this but I see you cannot think objectively without being biased.
     Reply #19 - February 05, 2010, 02:46 AM

Majority of Muslims lie to defend islam . Thats Taqiyya! End of story! You should keep your emotions away and try analyzing what I say with an objective mind.
     Reply #20 - February 05, 2010, 04:09 AM

@All

Those who disagree with me lets just go to any islamic forum and open a  thread titled "Does islam sponsor terrorism". Lets provide them all the convincing proofs in this world from islamic scriptures to prove that islam sponsors terrorism.I shall write in a way that none can disagree even if he has enmity with me . After that lets take a poll as to how many agree that islam does indeed promote terrorism.SOme might think that I am sending people on wild goose chase. ACtually we dont even need to go there and do this. We all know how many people would agree that islam promotes terrorism. Atleast 95 % of muslims would say "No" Islam doesnt promote terrorism.There lies the answer to whether they lie or not!
     Reply #21 - February 05, 2010, 06:13 AM

Quote from: Iraqi Atheist

Here is something in addition to what I  wrote previously to make my point clear. We are talking about Islam promoting terrorism and not islam in general since I clearly asked you whether a muslim would accept whether islam promotes terrorism or not and whether there exists a different interpretation of it  and thats why I think you are not keeping the track of the discussion.
     Reply #22 - February 05, 2010, 06:33 AM

@All

Those who disagree with me lets just go to any islamic forum and open a  thread titled "Does islam sponsor terrorism". Lets provide them all the convincing proofs in this world from islamic scriptures to prove that islam sponsors terrorism.I shall write in a way that none can disagree even if he has enmity with me . After that lets take a poll as to how many agree that islam does indeed promote terrorism.SOme might think that I am sending people on wild goose chase. ACtually we dont even need to go there and do this. We all know how many people would agree that islam promotes terrorism. Atleast 95 % of muslims would say "No" Islam doesnt promote terrorism.There lies the answer to whether they lie or not!

It's not about lying, lying means you know their intentions. They might honestly think that terrorists are in the wrong. And cherry pick the Meccan verses and early Madinan verses. Or just feel morally repulsed by violent actions. Or think the Madinan verses are used for that historical context, without further knowledge about that they really mean. They could just skim past them. I know I thought like this.

You don't need to tell us that cherry picking the Quran can indeed promote terrorism. But calling regular muslims who refuse to see Osama as a good muslim liars is simply incorrect. That's where I disagree with you. I'm sure there are liars. I'm sure some subvert Islam. Majority? Unlikely. Most of us come from a muslim background, born and raised muslims. Sure you might hear people referring to non muslims as kuffar, but for me this was not a majority and its a fucking disgusting word, I never used it, my parents never taught me it. So how in the fuck are you calling the muslims I know and grew up with for liars?

Your ideas are a variant of the Zionist/Jooish conspiracy. It's silly.

EDITS:
    In bold
     Reply #23 - February 05, 2010, 06:46 AM

Quote from: BlackDog
    It's not about lying, lying means you know their intentions. They might honestly think that terrorists are in the wrong. And cherry pick the Meccan verses and early Madinan verses. Or just feel morally repulsed by violent actions. Or think the Madinan verses are used for that context, without further knowledge about that they really mean. They could just skim past them. I know I thought like this.

I repeatedly convince a muslim that islam  promotes terrorism but he refuses and still claims that islam is a religion of peace. Is he telling the truth? You are giving me the justifications here as to why they do it but does it change the fact that they are lying? It doesnt. Now why  they lie is what you are telling me . The final result as we see  is muslims lie to defend their religion. Btw I see that you are getting an impression that I am saying that majority of muslims support terrorism. My claim is they lie to defend integrity of islam. Thats why I say they play Taqiyya.They may do this to convince themselves or find themselves as peace but they do lie. Game over they play Taqiyya with the kufar!

Quote from: Blackdog
    You don't need to tell us that cherry picking the Quran can indeed promote terrorism. But calling regular muslims who refuse to see Osama as a good muslim liars is simply incorrect. That's where I disagree with you. I'm sure there are liars. I'm sure some subvert Islam. Majority? Unlikely. Most of us come from a muslim background, born and raised muslims. Sure you might hear people referring to non muslims as kuffar, but for me this was not a majority and its a fucking disgusting word, I never used it, my parents never taught me it. So how in the fuck are you calling the muslims I know and grew up with for liars?

Your ideas are a variant of the Zionist/Jooish conspiracy. It's silly

Regular muslims would call OSama a terrorist and condemn him but they wont  condemn Muhhamad who was much worse even convincing proofs are shown and would claim that Islam is the truth and Muhhamad was not a terrorist. What is it if not a lie?  Should I say  they are telling me the truth ? You are using an emotional appeal here .I dont care why they do this. The fact doesnt change that they are lying when they are doing this .
     Reply #24 - February 05, 2010, 06:53 AM

It's not about lying, lying means you know their intentions. They might honestly think that terrorists are in the wrong. And cherry pick the Meccan verses and early Madinan verses. Or just feel morally repulsed by violent actions. Or think the Madinan verses are used for that context, without further knowledge about that they really mean. They could just skim past them. I know I thought like this.

Such Muslims don't seem to be very knowledgeable about the real Islam, imho. SNB's claim comes in to play AFTER they are presented with arguments about whether Islam promotes terrorism or not.

I'm sure some subvert Islam.

Are you talking about Jihadis? If yes, do you really think they "subvert" Islam?

Majority? Unlikely. Most of us come from a muslim background, born and raised muslims. Sure you might hear people referring to non muslims as kuffar, but for me this was not a majority and its a fucking disgusting word, I never used it, my parents never taught me it. So how in the fuck are you calling the muslims I know and grew up with for liars?

You are taking it personally; there is absolutely no need to do so. Your parents and other Muslims you grew up around obviously are/were nice people who did not imbibe the hatred spewed by the Quran for kuffar. No generalization ever applies to each and every person. Scots are considered to be a brave race, yet one can easily find many wimps among them.

Your ideas are a variant of the Zionist/Jooish conspiracy. It's silly.

His idea is formed after discussing these issues with many Muslims on the net. I don't know about his personal life; even if he has Muslims around him, I don't think he would choose to discuss Islam with them. I wouldn't. May be we should conduct the experiment skynightblaze has suggested. We could go to some Islamic forum and see what is the response of majority of Muslims there AFTER SNB has presented his arguments. That would be a sure fire way to prove or disprove his contention.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #25 - February 05, 2010, 07:02 AM

Quote from: Charleslemartel
    His idea is formed after discussing these issues with many Muslims on the net.

Precisely!  I would normally not make a claim like this as I have made here but for years I am observing this behaviour and really it has always shocked as to how anyone can  consistently lie like this.This is a serious matter and I have made this claim after 4 years of my experience with dealing with muslims but that was on internet and not in real life.ITs not a good idea to discuss islam with muslims openly in real life and hence I refrain.

Muslims lie to defend their religion. The reasons could be many as to why they do it but the final result is they lie to defend their religion which satisfies the definition of Taqiyya.
     Reply #26 - February 05, 2010, 07:26 AM

No it does not. Learn what the word means. It means lying about being Muslim when you would be in danger if you admitted you were Muslim.

What you are talking about is described by another word: bullshit. You are talking about Muslims who bullshit to defend their religion while not lying about the fact that they are Muslims. This is not taqiyya.

I know this for a fact because I can bullshit too. Australians are well acquainted with bullshit. This does not mean we are pretending to not be Muslim when we really are Muslims.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #27 - February 05, 2010, 07:46 AM

@osmanthus,

http://www.al-islam.org/Encyclopedia/chapter6b/1.html
    The word "al-Taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing or disguising one's
    beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies  at a
    time of eminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from
    physical and/or mental injury."  A one-word translation would be
    "Dissimulation."

The above definition must be elaborated upon before any undertaking of this
    topic is to ensue.  Although correct, the definition suffers from an
    apparent generalization, and lacks some fundamental details that should be
    construed:

Third, the word "beliefs" and/or "convictions" does NOT necessarily mean
    "religious" beliefs and/or convictions

With the above in mind, it becomes evident that a better, and more accurate
    definition of  "al-Taqiyya" is "diplomacy."  The true spirit of "al-
    Taqiyya" is better embodied in the single word "diplomacy" because it
    encompasses a comprehensive spectrum of behaviors that serve to further the
    vested interests of all parties involved.

From the same site (a major Shia site) proving that taqiyya is not only when one is in danger or about one's beliefs:

Reference 13:
    ------------
    Narrated in Sahih al-Bukhari, v7, p81, that the Prophet (PBUH&HF)
    said:

"O `Aisha, the worst of people in the sight of Allah (SWT) are those
         that are avoided by others due to their extreme impudence."

NOTE: The meaning here is that one is permitted to use diplomacy to get
    along with people. The above tradition was narrated when a person sought
    permission to see the Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF) and prior to his asking
    permission the Prophet (PBUH&HF) said that he was not a good man, but still
    I shall see him. The Prophet talked to the person with utmost respect, upon
    which Aisha inquired as to why did the Prophet (PBUH&HF) talk to the person
    with respect despite his character, upon which the above reply was
    rendered.

Reading the article, it is easy to see that lying is considered to be Al-Taqiyya by the Shias who probably have the copyright on the word Smiley

I get the impression that you are an Australian. If the impression is correct, may I say that the same act when committed by an Australian in bullshit, and taqiyya when committed by a Muslim?  Cheesy

No offense meant please.

Reply #28 - February 05, 2010, 07:51 AM

Reply #29 - February 05, 2010, 08:01 AM

No it does not. Learn what the word means. It means lying about being Muslim when you would be in danger if you admitted you were Muslim.

What you are talking about is described by another word: bullshit. You are talking about Muslims who bullshit to defend their religion while not lying about the fact that they are Muslims. This is not taqiyya.

I know this for a fact because I can bullshit too. Australians are well acquainted with bullshit. This does not mean we are pretending to not be Muslim when we really are Muslims.

Intead of  blaming me for not understanding why dont you yourself learn something? Please read my and charleslemartel's  posts to Aliadiere . Also read what charleslemartel has posted recently just below your post.Taqiyya is also about lying to defend one's faith.
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »