Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Comments on Hassan V debunker

(Read 72997 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Comments on Hassan V debunker
     Reply #30 - January 20, 2010, 11:32 PM

It's like us discussing the purpose of the fairies at the back of my garden.

They're for painting the petals of the flowers, aren't they?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #31 - January 20, 2010, 11:34 PM

Not sure Billy shall we start a debate on that topic?

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #32 - January 20, 2010, 11:35 PM

Mine are there to keep the gnomes out.
     Reply #33 - January 20, 2010, 11:36 PM

I'm not going to debate with you on this issue pakman - if you try and deny that fairies paint flower petals I'm sending you death threats.

God is Love.

Reply #34 - January 20, 2010, 11:37 PM

Salams Debunker

I find your honesty and open nature both refreshing and a comfort. Is it possible that the sincere nature in which you enquired and investigated your way through the OT, could be the same journey that many of us ex-Muslims took through the Quran?

Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #35 - January 20, 2010, 11:39 PM

@ BD

I'm not aware that I used God of the gaps argument... but perhaps I didn't express myself very well.. my argument is you don't have to insist on understanding everything because we really aren't able to understand everything. My argument is: just because we don't have answers to everything then you can't claim God didn't communicate with us on that basis. God is beyond being described by seas and seas of words... what I'm saying is atheists can't use No-God of the gaps argument (the gaps here being spiritual things we don't know anything about like why were created, etc).

As for God, He was always a truth for me.. it's not a feeling.. anyway, you might want to check these posts:

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=8240.msg206782#msg206782
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=8240.msg206968#msg206968
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=8240.msg207073#msg207073

Two, which is my biggest issue, the Quran is without fault. It astounds me how you can come to this conclusion, if you read it with a detached mind.

Again, I don't know what made you reach this conclusion. I was not arguing from the premise that the Quran is faultless... I was using verses from the Quran to make my point as to what I actually believe the Quran is saying (since I'm discussing with Hassan Hell according to Quran).

Are you really telling me I'm interpreting things wrong? I'm reading it as it is. The lower skies is decked with stars. It doesn't say universe, it uses sky. Samawat.

The Quran says the lowest sky is decked with stars.. (verse ?) Which means there are 6 other heavens beyond our senses (in all likelihood these aren't even made of the same fabrics of our known universe).

And comets are missiles to keep the Jinn away from listening to God?

Yeah, but the Quran did say that before Islam shooting stars had NOTHING to do with Jinns, only with the advent of Islam, Jinns were forbidden. Of course, the question as to how shooting stars can interact with supernatural beings is a different issue, since I know nothing about supernatural beings.

I mean seriously? Comets can seem to have a life of their own, again, if you see it with those eyes.

The problem also is the heavy reliance on Judaism and Christianity.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Not to mention that Allah seems to belong with the other Ancient Gods of that region.

Allah was the word for capital-G God even for Christian/Jewish Arabs back then. (Hassan could correct me if I were wrong.)

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #36 - January 20, 2010, 11:42 PM

Salams Debunker

I find your honesty and open nature both refreshing and a comfort. Is it possible that the sincere nature in which you enquired and investigated your way through the OT, could be the same journey that many of us ex-Muslims took through the Quran?

Before reading the OT, I read the Quran and rejected it too, so I'm not sure what you mean.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #37 - January 20, 2010, 11:50 PM

You make a very valid point, and it is interesting that the pure motive of the Prophet lead you back into Islam. Did you consider that there may have been other motives the Prophet may have had for not slandering the previous Prophets?

The Quran didn't only NOT slander them.. it gave contradictory accounts to stories in the Bible... why go through all the pain? If were an imposter, I would simply say I am way better than them all.

Examples:

Bible: Solomn ended up worshipping idols (some Christians consider him a prophet some don't).
    Quran: Solomon was no disbeliever.

Bible: Aaron built the golden calf.
    Quran: Aaron opposed building the calf.

Bible: Moses was punished by God for not giving Him the credit after he struck the ground and 12 streams of water errupted.
    Quran: Moses was very grateful to God after the 12 steams of water incident.

Reply #38 - January 20, 2010, 11:52 PM

At the time of denouncing the Quran and Allah of the quran, as you did as a deist, would you say you were being arrogant or just being a sincere questioner?

For arguments sake, lets say you passed away in some unfortunate sexual accident, then do you think you honestly deserved to roast in hell for questioning the Holy Quran, Allah & the prophet as his messenger?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #39 - January 20, 2010, 11:53 PM

lets say you passed away in some unfortunate sexual accident

Grin

God is Love.

Reply #40 - January 20, 2010, 11:53 PM

The Quran didn't only NOT slander them.. it gave contradictory accounts to stories in the Bible... why go through all the pain? If were an imposter, I would simply say I am way better than them all.

Examples:

Bible: Solomn ended up worshipping idols (some Christians consider him a prophet some don't).

Bible: Moses was punished by God for not giving Him the credit after he struck the ground and 12 streams of water errupted.

chinese whispers?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #41 - January 20, 2010, 11:55 PM

Debunker - your entire post is premised on a number of assumptions and I find the whole thing very unconvincing. It does however also illustrate the futility of such discussions since so much is subjective. Ultimately, you can't prove any of it so there is no reason fir me to believe any of it or even take it seriously. It's like us discussing the purpose of the fairies at the back of my garden.

Again, I was discussing with Hassan Hell according to the Quran, since his objection is Hell according to the Quran.

Reply #42 - January 20, 2010, 11:59 PM

At the time of denouncing the Quran and Allah of the quran, as you did as a deist, would you say you were being arrogant or just being a sincere questioner?

For arguments sake, lets say you passed away in some unfortunate sexual accident, then do you think you honestly deserved to roast in hell for questioning the Holy Quran, Allah & the prophet as his messenger?

What have I been saying all along? I was a Deist.. I believed 100% in God and prayed to Him in need and I praised Him when I was happy.. I was still the slave of the Creator God...  Ijust didn't believe the Quran was His book. Again, you guys keep ignoring the verse I shown you (3:65).

Reply #43 - January 21, 2010, 12:00 AM

You weren't a deist then, deists don't believe in a personal God who answers prayers.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #44 - January 21, 2010, 12:02 AM

Huh? 3:65 according to Pickthall says this:

O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him ? Have ye then no sense ?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #45 - January 21, 2010, 12:02 AM

chinese whispers?

Again, I keep forgetting that you guys are here to have fun.

Reply #46 - January 21, 2010, 12:05 AM

Huh? 3:65 according to Pickthall says this:

O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him ? Have ye then no sense ?

YUSUFALI: Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).
    PICKTHAL: Say: O People of the Scripture! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him).
    SHAKIR: Say: O followers of the Book! come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught with Him, and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah; but if they turn back, then say: Bear witness that we are Muslims.

Reply #47 - January 21, 2010, 12:06 AM

Examples:

Without meaning to cast aspersions on the Prophet there could be other reasons why he did not slander previous Prophets. Is it possible that the whole nature and status of prophethood needed to be strengthened? If I have just announced that I am a Prophet; divinely inspired, I would want to make sure that prophets are respected to the full. Likewise, I really wouldn?t want my followers to eventually turn against me and replicate what happened to previous incumbents??.
     Reply #48 - January 21, 2010, 12:08 AM

@ Islame

What do you mean by unfortunate sexual accident? And why was billy laughing? Were you both close to dying in sexual accidents before?

Reply #49 - January 21, 2010, 12:10 AM

debunker, I was just laughing because it was so bizarre and funny -  my apologies if you were offended.

God is Love.

Reply #50 - January 21, 2010, 12:14 AM

@ Islame

What do you mean by unfortunate sexual accident? And why was billy laughing? Were you both close to dying in sexual accidents before?

I was trying to lighten the tone as I did not want you to take the subject of your death to seriously.  My bad - my sensitive side. Perhaps I should have said your death  by slowly being sliced through a butchers electric meat carver?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #51 - January 21, 2010, 12:20 AM

Without meaning to cast aspersions on the Prophet there could be other reasons why he did not slander previous Prophets. Is it possible that the whole nature and status of prophethood needed to be strengthened? If I have just announced that I am a Prophet; divinely inspired, I would want to make sure that prophets are respected to the full. Likewise, I really wouldn?t want my followers to eventually turn against me and replicate what happened to previous incumbents??.

Well tell that (the bolded part) to 2 Billion Christians... meaning? Prophets are still followed regardless... Besides, if he read these slanders in these scriptures and so that these prophets were still followed, then he shouldn't suspect why his own people wouldn't follow him to while putting him in higher regard.

Anyway, forget about the slandering issue. Why did he invent a monotheistic religion threatening the prosperty of Quraish, which led to them harassing him and his followers for 10 years? Why didn't he invent a polytheistic religion that promoted him as a leader... why choose the strictest form of monotheism which was the strongest antagonist to polytheism? Why ALL the troubles if really all he wanted was power?

And what about the *miracle* that the city of Yathrib chose to take him and his followers who were outcasts from a powerful city like Mecca? And make him their leader too?  

Reply #52 - January 21, 2010, 12:23 AM

I was trying to lighten the tone as I did not want you to take the subject of your death to seriously.  My bad - my sensitive side. Perhaps I should have said your death  by slowly being sliced through a butchers electric meat carver?

There! That's a lot nicer.

Reply #53 - January 21, 2010, 12:23 AM

debunker, I was just laughing because it was so bizarre and funny -  my apologies if you were offended.

Oh Ok, and no apologies needed Smiley

Reply #54 - January 21, 2010, 12:24 AM

Sort of like Baha u llah
     Reply #55 - January 21, 2010, 12:30 AM

Why did he invent a monotheistic religion threatening the prosperty of Quraish, which led to them harassing him and his followers for 10 years? Why didn't he invent a polytheistic religion that promoted him as a leader... why choose the strictest form of monotheism which was the strongest antagonist to polytheism? Why ALL the troubles if really all he wanted was power?

And what about the *miracle* that the city of Yathrib chose to take him and his followers who were outcasts from a powerful city like Mecca? And make him their leader too? 

Have you got a quranic source for this, or is this from the hadith you were discounting from our arguemnts earlier?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #56 - January 21, 2010, 12:33 AM

Well tell that (the bolded part) to 2 Billion Christians... meaning? Prophets are still followed regardless... Besides, if he read these slanders in these scriptures and so that these prophets were still followed, then he shouldn't suspect why his own people wouldn't follow him to while putting him in higher regard.

Anyway, forget about the slandering issue. Why did he invent a monotheistic religion threatening the prosperty of Quraish, which led to them harassing him and his followers for 10 years? Why didn't he invent a polytheistic religion that promoted him as a leader... why choose the strictest form of monotheism which was the strongest antagonist to polytheism? Why ALL the troubles if really all he wanted was power?

Question why would they harass him? They had a multitude of different beliefs, his wouldn't have been any different than the monotheism of Judaism.
     Reply #57 - January 21, 2010, 12:36 AM

Examples:

The Quran also said that Alexander the Great worshipped the god of Muhammad as well, if we come to that.  It makes sense when Muhammad was proclaiming himself as the seal of the prophets and the end of the line.  He was trying to get legitmacy.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #58 - January 21, 2010, 12:42 AM

@ Islame

First off, I clearly explained my position on Hadith from the very beginning and re-explained my position again to the member "virtual"..

Anyway, here's the verse: 8:63 .. and besides, the Quran is clear about the Meccans kicking the Muslims out and their re-establishing themselves in Medina.

Reply #59 - January 21, 2010, 12:43 AM

Question why would they harass him? They had a multitude of different beliefs, his wouldn't have been any different than the monotheism of Judaism.

I'm not sure there were Jews in Mecca.. but anyway, monotheistic Arabs were very few and kept to themselves (they didn't preach).

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »